Date
How to add a delay to a link with VICN?

Augusto del Cacho

Is there anyway to add a delay to a link in the VICN json in a similar way than the attribute "capacity" is used to limit the link bandwidth?

Regards

 Augusto

FD.io - Gerrit 2.16 Changes

Vanessa Valderrama

Changes that will happen with Gerrit:

1) The 'New UI' for Gerrit will become the default UI

2) The Draft work flow is removed and replaced with 'Work in Progress'
aka 'WIP' and 'Private' workflows. Unfortunately git-review does not
support either of these workflows directly. Utilizing them means either
pushing your changes the manual way for either system or pushing them up
with git-review and then marking the change via the UI into either of
the workflows.

To push a private change you may do so as follows:
git push origin HEAD:refs/for/master%private

To pull it out of private you may do so as follows:
git push origin HEAD:refs/for/master%remove-private

To push a WIP you may do so as follows:
git push origin HEAD:refs/for/master%wip

To mark it ready for review you may do so as follows:
git push origin HEAD:refs/for/master%ready

Once a change is in either private or WIP state it does not switch the
change to a ready state until the current state has been removed.

In both cases, the state can be set via the UI by selecting the tripple
dot menu option on the change and selecting the appropriate option.

To remove WIP state press the 'START REVIEW' button. To remove the
private state you must do so via the menu.

NOTE: We are not moving to Gerrit 3 at this time. That is on the road
map but we need to come to the latest 2.x as we have to do various
migrations that are only available at the 2.16 level before we can move
to Gerrit 3.

Call for Papers: 1st ACM CoNEXT Workshop on Emerging in-Network Computing Paradigms (ENCP’19)

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis

(Apologies if you have received multiple copies of this email)

Dear colleagues,

Please consider contributing to the 1st ACM CoNEXT Workshop on Emerging in-Network Computing Paradigms (ENCP’19) to be held on 9-12 December 2019; Orlando, FL, USA.
Workshop link: http://www.cs.umsl.edu/~encp19/

Scope and Topic List

The integration of computing and networking is considered a promising direction to fulfill the strict low latency and high data exchange requirements of a number of new and innovative application use-cases (e.g., augmented/virtual reality, autonomous driving, drone coverage). Context-aware networking can help maximize the compute utilization at the edge increasing the network capacity.  For instance, network functions may enable intelligent distribution of tasks to resources, the reuse of results from previously executed tasks, adaptability to the dynamic nature of edge ecosystems (e.g., network dynamics, bursty rates of tasks, dynamic resource availability).
The ENCP workshop has the integration of networking and computing as the central theme with a focus on mechanisms for the joint optimization of networking and computing resources, infrastructure virtualization, in-network caching, compute reuse, and security and privacy concerns.

The ENCP workshop has the goal of serving as a venue, where minds from the Distributed Computing, Information-Centric Networking (ICN), Network Function Virtualization (NFV), Software-Defined Networking (SDN), Edge Computing communities meet to advance the state-of-the-art in the area of systems for In-Network Computing. The workshop welcomes submissions from researchers and practitioners from academia and industry, who explore challenges and advances in architectures, algorithms, protocols, middleware, and technologies in the current or the future clean-slate Internet. We also encourage work-in-progress and position papers that describe original ideas, present new directions, or have the potential to stimulate insightful discussions. ENCP invites submissions of unpublished work on the following topics (but not limited to):

• Architectures of in-network computing
• In-network caching solutions
• Virtualization for in-network computing systems
• Network Function Virtualization (NFV) for in-network computing
• Security, privacy, trust management, and access control in in-network computing architectures
• Information-Centric Networking (ICN) for in-network computing
• Software-Defined Networking for in-network computing
• In-network computing for challenged networks (e.g., disaster scenarios)
• Deployment and interoperability with traditional network architectures/functions
• Network slicing for in-network computing systems
• Internet of Things (IoT) for in-network computing
• Pricing and billing in in-network computing systems
• Highly available in-network computing systems
• Management of in-network computing systems
• In-network computing in the era of 5G
• Scalability, performance advancements, and fault-tolerance
• Tools for troubleshooting, monitoring, and validation of in-network computing systems and architectures
• Innovative applications that in-network computing enables
• In-network computing in public and private clouds, as well as edge computing paradigms
• Resource allocation, modeling, and analysis
• Applications of machine learning to in-network computing
• Microservice architectures
• Distributed consensus algorithms
• Data processing frameworks

Important dates

Paper registration deadline: September 9, 2019
Paper submission deadline: September 16, 2019
Acceptance notification: October 4, 2019
Camera-ready deadline: October 13, 2019

Submission details
The workshop solicits papers written in the standard (2-column, 10pt ACM format). All the submissions will be double-blind and will be peer-reviewed. Per the anonymity guide, authors must remove their own names and any other information that may identify themselves to the reviewers. Submissions should be no more than 6 pages (including references, appendix, and all figures). The submission links will be announced shortly.

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis
Assistant Professor
Computer Science Department
University of Nebraska, Omaha
Peter Kiewit Institute Room 175A
https://sites.google.com/site/spyridonmastorakis

Metis command to print the PIT and CS on VICN LXC

Augusto del Cacho

Hello,

I found on one of the tutorials how to check the FIB routing tables:
metis_control -k keystore.pkcs12 -p password list routes

Is there any similar command to check the status of the PIT and CS on a LXC doing the role of a ICN router?

Regards

 Augusto

Re: WiFi / LTE emulators

Jordan Auge (augjorda) <augjorda@...>

Hi,

The best I can point you to is this README file.

-- Jordan

From: <cicn-dev@...> on behalf of "Christos Kara via Lists.Fd.Io" <alimus89=yahoo.gr@...>
Reply to: "alimus89@..." <alimus89@...>
Date: Wednesday 24 July 2019 at 14:34
To: "cicn-dev@..." <cicn-dev@...>
Cc: "cicn-dev@..." <cicn-dev@...>
Subject: [cicn-dev] WiFi / LTE emulators

Hello,

i am trying to understand and deploy the wifi/lte emulators.

Is there any more information or documentation on that?

Thanks.

WiFi / LTE emulators

Christos Kara

Hello,

i am trying to understand and deploy the wifi/lte emulators.

Is there any more information or documentation on that?

Thanks.

[vICN] WiFi emulator

Christos Kara

Hello guys,

how can i achieve higher throughput with WiFi links?
Also,which is the default wifi protocol used?

Regards,
Chris

LTE emu-radio

Christos Kara

Hello everyone,

I run the hetnet tutorial and i have noticed that i cant produce flow over LTE channel but only over WiFi (with producer/consumer test).
Note that i do not take any errors while running the .json.

Is LTE emulator broken or is there something else to try?

Thanks,

Chris

vICN errors testing tutorial06-acm-icn17

Augusto del Cacho

Finally I was able to setup vICN but when I try to run one of the examples from the tutorial the LXC are launched but the interfaces are not created.

root@Augusto:/home/acachovi/vicn# lxc list
+--------+---------+---------------------------+----------------------------------------------------+------------+-----------+
| NOMBRE | ESTADO  |           IPV4            |                        IPV6                        |    TIPO    | SNAPSHOTS |
+--------+---------+---------------------------+----------------------------------------------------+------------+-----------+
| cons   | RUNNING | 10.65.212.113 (vicn_mgmt) | fd42:d7f0:cd4a:f58a:216:3eff:fe7c:4987 (vicn_mgmt) | PERSISTENT | 0         |
+--------+---------+---------------------------+----------------------------------------------------+------------+-----------+
| core1  | RUNNING | 10.65.212.116 (vicn_mgmt) | fd42:d7f0:cd4a:f58a:216:3eff:fe4e:7745 (vicn_mgmt) | PERSISTENT | 0         |
+--------+---------+---------------------------+----------------------------------------------------+------------+-----------+
| core2  | RUNNING | 10.65.212.143 (vicn_mgmt) | fd42:d7f0:cd4a:f58a:216:3eff:fe27:6dd8 (vicn_mgmt) | PERSISTENT | 0         |
+--------+---------+---------------------------+----------------------------------------------------+------------+-----------+
| prod   | RUNNING | 10.65.212.129 (vicn_mgmt) | fd42:d7f0:cd4a:f58a:216:3eff:fe69:f74e (vicn_mgmt) | PERSISTENT | 0         |
+--------+---------+---------------------------+----------------------------------------------------+------------+-----------+

 I attach the log, I have not found yet what may be failing.

Re: LXC images not available

Augusto del Cacho

I reinstalled LXD with snap and it seems I got a bit further but is not creating the containers:

[1;31m2019-07-12 08:12:23,108 - vicn.core.resource_mgr - ERROR - Resource: [lxccontainer] <UUID LxcContainer-relay>:  - Exception: Create container: Requested profile 'vicn' doesn't exist [0;0m
------
[1;31m2019-07-12 08:12:23,148 - vicn.core.resource_mgr - ERROR - Resource: [lxccontainer] <UUID LxcContainer-prod>:  - Exception: Create container: Requested profile 'vicn' doesn't exist [0;0m
------
[1;31m2019-07-12 08:12:23,326 - vicn.core.resource_mgr - ERROR - Resource: [lxccontainer] <UUID LxcContainer-cons>:  - Exception: Create container: Requested profile 'vicn' doesn't exist [0;0m

Full log attached.

El vie., 12 jul. 2019 a las 0:54, Augusto del Cacho via Lists.Fd.Io (<augusto.cacho=gmail.com@...>) escribió:
Hello Jordan,

I did a fresh installation of Ubuntu 16.04 on a physical machine to research about ICN.

Linux Kernel: 4.15.0-54-generic

LXC version 3.0.3

I followed the tutorial from  https://wiki.fd.io/view/Vicn for the installation.

The LXC image is already imported.

vicn@vICN:~$ lxc list
+--------+--------+------+------+------+-----------+
| NOMBRE | ESTADO | IPV4 | IPV6 | TIPO | SNAPSHOTS |
+--------+--------+------+------+------+-----------+
vicn@vICN:~$ lxc image list
+--------------------------+--------------+--------+------------------------------------+--------+----------+-------------------------------+
|          ALIAS           | FINGERPRINT  | PUBLIC |            DESCRIPCIÓN             |  ARQ   |  TAMAÑO  |          UPLOAD DATE          |
+--------------------------+--------------+--------+------------------------------------+--------+----------+-------------------------------+
| ubuntu1604-cicnsuite-rc4 | 45df82ad3680 | no     | Ubuntu 16.04 LTS server (20190212) | x86_64 | 770.51MB | Jul 10, 2019 at 11:25pm (UTC) |
+--------------------------+--------------+--------+------------------------------------+--------+----------+-------------------------------+

Regards

 Augusto

El jue., 11 jul. 2019 a las 22:12, Jordan Auge (augjorda) (<augjorda@...>) escribió:
Hello Augusto,

My first guess would be a change in the lxc parameters as the error that is returned by the commandline is 'Invalid number of arguments".
Do you have more information about which version you are using so that i can see the issue ?

Cheers,
-- Jordan

From: Luca Muscariello <muscariello@...>
Date: Wednesday, July 10, 2019 at 09:13
To: Luca Muscariello <lumuscar@...>
Subject: Fwd: [icnrg] RFC 8569 on Content-Centric Networking (CCNx) Semantics

        Author:     M. Mosko,
                    I. Solis,
                    C. Wood
        Date:       July 2019
        Mailbox:    marc.mosko@...,
                    nsolis@...,
                    woodc1@...
        Pages:      40
        Characters: 96155
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-icnrg-ccnxsemantics-10.txt

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8569

This document describes the core concepts of the Content-Centric
Networking (CCNx) architecture and presents a network protocol based
on two messages: Interests and Content Objects.  It specifies the set
of mandatory and optional fields within those messages and describes
their behavior and interpretation.  This architecture and protocol
specification is independent of a specific wire encoding.

The protocol also uses a control message called an Interest Return,
whereby one system can return an Interest message to the previous hop
due to an error condition.  This indicates to the previous hop that
the current system will not respond to the Interest.

This document is a product of the Information-Centric Networking
Research Group (ICNRG).  The document received wide review among
ICNRG participants.  Two full implementations are in active use and
have informed the technical maturity of the protocol specification.

This document is a product of the Information-Centric Networking Research Group of the IRTF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce, rfc-dist and IRTF-Announce lists.To subscribe or unsubscribe, see

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to rfc-editor@....  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

Re: LXC images not available

Jordan Auge (augjorda) <augjorda@...>

Dear Augusto,

I have recreated the link to Marcel's file:

Thanks for the notification.

Cheers,
-- Jordan

From: IEEE Communications Society <noreply@...>
Subject: Paper submission deadline extended to July 7! Submit your workshop paper today to IEEE GLOBECOM 2019 Hawaii!
Date: June 28, 2019 at 3:37:26 PM CDT

Call for Papers for IEEE GLOBECOM 2019 Workshops!
Deadline has been extended to July 7, 2019

Due to high number of requests for extension, the Organizing Committee of the IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM 2019) announced that the submission due date for the workshop papers has been extended to July 7, 2019!

GLOBECOM 2019 will be held on 9-13 December 2019 on the Big Island, Hawaii. In addition to Keynotes, Symposia, Industry Program, the highly regarded IEEE Communications Society (ComSoc)'s flagship conference will feature 28 workshops on advanced communications technologies, 5G, AI, ML and more. Over 2,500 attendees are expected.

Submit your paper today for the opportunity to present your work at the IEEE GLOBECOM 2019!
Workshop Information
https://globecom2019.ieee-globecom.org/authors/call-workshop-papers
(Please direct questions to the workshop chairs or contacts listed on the website)
Monday, December 9, 2019 (Morning)

WS-01: Workshop on Research Advancements in Future Networking Technologies (RAFNET)
Website | Submit Paper

WS-02: Workshop on New and Disruptive Technologies and Applications for Mobile Edge/Fog Computing (MobileEdgeCom)
Website | Submit Paper

WS-03: Workshop on V2X Technologies for Next Generation Driving Paradigm
Website | Submit Paper

WS-04: Workshop on Computational Intelligence and Big Data Towards Trustworthy IoT
Website | Submit Paper

WS-05: Workshop on Emerging Technologies of Open Networks for 5G/B5G
Website | Submit Paper

WS-06: Workshop on High Capacity Point-to-Point Wireless Communications (HCPtP 2019)
Website | Submit Paper

WS-07: Workshop on Artificial Intelligence for Next-Generations Wireless Communications
Website | Submit Paper

Monday, December 9, 2019 (Afternoon)

WS-08: Workshop on Intelligent Wireless Emergency Communications Networks (IWECN)
Website | Submit Paper

WS-09: Workshop on Cyber-Physical Energy System for Sustainable ICT (CYPESS)
Website | Submit Paper

WS-10: Workshop on Advanced Mobile Edge/Fog Computing for 5G Mobile Networks and Beyond
Website | Submit Paper

WS-11: Workshop on Intelligent and Cognitive Space, Terrestrial and Ocean Internet, Systems and Applications (ICSTO)
Website | Submit Paper

WS-12: Workshop on Space-Ground Integrated Networks (SGINs)
Website | Submit Paper

WS-13: Workshop on Wireless Edge Intelligence
Website Submit Paper

WS-14: Workshop on Edge Computing for Cyber Physical Systems (EDGE-CPS)
Website | Submit Paper

Friday, December 13, 2019 (Morning)

WS-15: Workshop on Impact of Artificial Intelligence on Internet of Things
Website | Submit Paper

WS-16: Workshop on Computing-Centric Drone Networks
Website | Submit Paper

WS-17: Workshop on High-Dimensional, Low-Resolution Architectures for Power-Efficient Wireless Communications
Website | Submit Paper

WS-18: Workshop on Machine Learning for Wireless Communications
Website | Submit Paper

WS-19: Workshop on Terahertz Communications
Website | Submit Paper

WS-20: Workshop on Security and Privacy in Smart, Cooperative IoT and CPS
Website | Submit Paper

WS-21: Workshop on Future Internet Architecture, Technologies and Services for 2030 and beyond
Website | Submit Paper

Friday, December 13, 2019 (Afternoon)

WS-22: Workshop on Advancements in Spectrum Sharing
Website | Submit Paper

WS-23: Workshop on Future Wireless Access for Industrial IoT (FutureIIoT)
Website | Submit Paper

WS-24: Workshop on Quantum Communications and Information Technology 2019 (QCIT)
Website | Submit Paper

WS-25: Workshop on The Advances of the Internet of Things and Cloud for Smart Connected Living (AIoTCSCL)
Website | Submit Paper

WS-26: Workshop on 5G Wireless Security (5G-Security 2019)
Website | Submit Paper

WS-27: Workshop on Blockchain in Telecommunications: Emerging Technologies for the Next Decade and Beyond
Website | Submit Paper

WS-28: Workshop on Information-Centric Edge Computing
Website | Submit Paper

Important Dates:
  • Paper Submission Deadline: Extended to July 7, 2019
  • Paper Acceptance Notification: August 15, 2019
  • Camera-Ready: September 15, 2019

IEEE Communications Society - 3 Park Ave., 17th Flr. New York, New York 10016 | www.comsoc.org

IEEE Privacy Policy
You may
unsubscribe from this list at any time. Unsubscribing will not remove you from any IEEE programs in which you may be enrolled.  If you are an IEEE member, you will continue to receive notifications that are directly related to your account. In addition, you can also manage your IEEE communications preferences and policies.

Application examples using hICN stack

Luca Muscariello (lumuscar) <lumuscar@...>

Hi,

Mauro has pushed a simple tutorial to set an ABR over hICN example.

This allows a quick start for people using the Viper player on Android

and that also want an ABR video server for testing.

https://github.com/FDio/hicn/blob/master/apps/README.md

For mobile devices UDP faces are used by default, for a device where the hICN stack can run

in privileged mode the hICN face.

See previous message to see how the hicn face works https://lists.fd.io/g/hicn-dev/message/31

To avoid MPDs that are not properly generated and not parsed correctly by the player

Mauro has put a video (Bit Buck Bunny CC-licensed) with a tested MPD file.

The archive can be found here.

https://cisco.box.com/s/o149na1q1v3ytmah2nqm7wp0n6p4ievp

To set up a server in a docker container you can use this image or build it locally using the Dockerfile.

https://hub.docker.com/r/icnteam/vserver

If you use k8s, in the same pod deploy vserver and your preferred http server to get the ABR video server end.

Luca