Date

Re: FD.io Maintenance: 2019-02-26 @ 2000 UTC (12:00pm PST) - 0000 UTC (4:00pm PST)

Vanessa Valderrama

Jenkins has been placed in shut down mode. We'll terminate any jobs not complete in one hour.

On Feb 26, 2019, at 11:05 AM, Vanessa Valderrama <vvalderrama@...> wrote:

Reminder today is FD.io system maintenance. We'll be putting Jenkins into shutdown mode in one hour.

Remind FD.io system maintenance is scheduled for tomorrow @ 2000 UTC

What:

FD.io system maintenance

  • Jenkins resizing, security patch upgrade, and OS updates
  • Nexus upgrade and OS updates
  • Gerrit upgrade and OS updates
  • JIRA upgrade and OS updates
  • Sonar upgrade and OS updates
  • OpenGrok OS updates

When:

2019-02-26 @ 2000 UTC (12:00pm PST) - 0000 UTC (4:00pm PST)

Impact:

The maintenance will require a reboot of each FD.io system.  The following systems will be impacted:

  • Jenkins production
  • Jenkins sandbox
  • Nexus
  • Gerrit
  • JIRA
  • Sonar
  • OpenGrok

Why:

The Jenkins resizing is to resolve gateway timeout errors causing build failures. The rest of the system maintenance is standard LF maintenance

[...]

Re: FD.io outage

Vanessa Valderrama

Please follow https://status.linuxfoundation.org/ for updates on the
ongoing issues with Jenkins and Nexus.

Multiple LF projects are experiencing issues reaching Jenkins and Nexus,
. We are aware of the issue and are in contact with our vendor who is
working on the issue. Unfortunately we do not have an ETA at this time.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

FD.io outage

Vanessa Valderrama

Multiple LF projects are experiencing issues reaching Jenkins and Nexus,
. We are aware of the issue and are in contact with our vendor who is
working on the issue. Unfortunately we do not have an ETA at this time.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

Re: FD.io - Gerrit Authentication Errors

Vanessa Valderrama

The issue has been resolved. Please let us know if you have any other problems.

We are aware of users experiencing authentication issues when trying to
log into gerrit.fd.io. We have identified the cause and are working to
resolve it as quickly as possible. I have requested an ETA but have not
been provided one at this time.

Maintenance has been rescheduled for 2019-02-26 @ 2000 UTC (12:00pm PST) - 0000 UTC (4:00pm PST)

2019-02-19 @ 2000 UTC (12:00pm PST) - 0000 UTC (4:00pm PST)

Impact:

The maintenance will require a reboot of each FD.io system.  The following systems will be impacted:

  • Jenkins production
  • Jenkins sandbox
  • Nexus
  • Gerrit
  • JIRA
  • Sonar
  • OpenGrok

Why:

The Jenkins resizing is to resolve gateway timeout errors causing build failures. The rest of the system maintenance is standard LF maintenance

Published: FD.io CSIT-1901 Open-Source Benchmarking Report

Maciek Konstantynowicz (mkonstan)

Hi All,

FD.io CSIT-1901 report has been published on FD.io docs site:

html: https://docs.fd.io/csit/rls1901/report/
pdf: https://docs.fd.io/csit/rls1901/report/_static/archive/csit_rls1810.pdf

Many thanks to All in CSIT, VPP and FD.io community who contributed, worked
very hard to make CSIT-1901 happen!

FD.io VPP points of note in the report:

1. VPP release notes
a. Changes in CSIT-1901: http://bit.ly/2tnfF1p
b. Known issues: http://bit.ly/2I9rWAO

2. VPP performance graphs
a. Throughput 64B frames: http://bit.ly/2EbYxC5
b. Speedup Multi-Core: http://bit.ly/2Bw45FR
c. Latency: http://bit.ly/2SxeDPm

3. VPP performance comparisons
a. VPP-19.01 vs. VPP-18.10: http://bit.ly/2EbrTAs
b. 3-Node Skylake vs. 3-Node Haswell testbeds: http://bit.ly/2tng7g7

4. VPP performance test details
a. Detailed results 64B IMIX 1518B 9kB: http://bit.ly/2V2pEVV
b. Configuration: http://bit.ly/2EbyACE
c. Run-time telemetry: http://bit.ly/2tkqG3L

DPDK Testpmd and L3fwd performance sections follow similar structure.

1. DPDK release notes:
a. Changes in CSIT-1901: http://bit.ly/2SDRvyL
b. Known issues: http://bit.ly/2DCCT8A

2. DPDK performance graphs for Testpmd and L3fwd demonstrator apps
a. Throughput 64B frames: http://bit.ly/2BBzrLj
b. Latency: http://bit.ly/2IfiUCu

Functional tests, including VPP_Device (functional device tests),
VPP_VIRL, HoneyComb and DMM are all included in the report.

Welcome all comments, best by email to csit-dev@....

On behalf of FD.io CSIT Open-Source Benchmarking Project.

FD.io Maintenance: 2019-02-19 @ 2000 UTC (12:00pm PST) - 0000 UTC (4:00pm PST)

[...]

Please let us know if this maintenance causing any conflict for your project

[...]

Re: [tsc] FD.io Emergency Jenkins Maintenance

Dave Barach

Today is the fd.io vpp project 19.01 final release date. This is a really bad time for infrastructure issues. Please plan on turning up at tomorrow's TSC meeting with a detailed explanation of what went wrong.

D.

We have placed Jenkins into shutdown mode. It will require a restart to resolve slowness. We'll do the restart at the top of the hour.  Please let us know as soon as possible if there are any builds that cannot be terminated if not complete. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have this issue resolved as soon as possible.

Re: FD.io Emergency Jenkins Maintenance

Vanessa Valderrama

Jenkins restart is complete.  Please open an RT ticket if you experience
any additional issues.

We have placed Jenkins into shutdown mode. It will require a restart to
resolve slowness. We'll do the restart at the top of the hour.  Please
let us know as soon as possible if there are any builds that cannot be
terminated if not complete. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope
to have this issue resolved as soon as possible.

FD.io Emergency Jenkins Maintenance

Vanessa Valderrama

We have placed Jenkins into shutdown mode. It will require a restart to
resolve slowness. We'll do the restart at the top of the hour.  Please
let us know as soon as possible if there are any builds that cannot be
terminated if not complete. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope
to have this issue resolved as soon as possible.

Re: FD.io Maintenance: 2018-01-29 @ 2100 UTC (1:00pm PST)

Vanessa Valderrama

We weren't able to successfully resize Jenkins. We've brought the system back up.  Builds are running.  We'll reschedule maintenance once we've figured out the issue.

Thank you for your patience,

We're experiencing issues resizing Jenkins. We apologize for the delay and will send an update as soon as possible.

Putting Jenkins in shutdown mode for maintenance.

Upgrade Jenkins and Nexus systems

When:

2018-01-29 @ 2100 UTC (1:00pm PST)

Impact:

The maintenance will require a reboot of Jenkins and Nexus. The expected down time is 1 hour

Why:

This upgrade is to resolve Gateway timeout errors causing build failures

[...]

Reminder we'll be performing Jenkins and Nexus maintenance tomorrow.

Upgrade Jenkins and Nexus systems

When:

2018-01-29 @ 2100 UTC (1:00pm PST)

Impact:

The maintenance will require a reboot of Jenkins and Nexus. The expected down time is 1 hour

Why:

This upgrade is to resolve Gateway timeout errors causing build failures

FD.io Maintenance: 2018-01-29 @ 2100 UTC (1:00pm PST)

Upgrade Jenkins and Nexus systems

When:

2018-01-29 @ 2100 UTC (1:00pm PST)

Impact:

The maintenance will require a reboot of Jenkins and Nexus. The expected down time is 1 hour

Why:

This upgrade is to resolve Gateway timeout errors causing build failures

FD.io - Scheduled maintenance packagecloud.io - Jan 18, 2019

Vanessa Valderrama

Notification of packagecloud maintenance on January 18th.