Date

Re: VPP graph configuration

Raj

Thanks!

I will read the docs and get back if I have any questions.

Raj

Raj

On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 12:32 PM Jim Thompson <jim@...> wrote:

On Dec 16, 2018, at 11:50 PM, Raj <rajlistuser@...> wrote:

Hello all,

I am a newbie to VPP and trying to understand how it works. I am going
through all the documentation and videos of Paris training program. So
please be gentle :)

I understand that VPP is internally organized as a graph of nodes,
with each node performing a specific function and the passing [a bunch
of?] packets to the next node.

What I could not figure out is the exact graph layout. ie which nodes
is connected to which other nodes and on what condition an input
packet is transmitted over to one of the different output links by a
node.

How is the node graph set up initially?

https://wiki.fd.io/view/VPP/Software_Architecture#Node_Graph_Initialization

Can it be changed dynamically, ie remove some nodes or add some nodes at another location? (not sure
if that makes any sense, though)

https://wiki.fd.io/view/VPP/Modifying_The_Packet_Processing_Directed_Graph (tl;dr: you can add, but not remove nodes)

Can I export the graph to graphviz for viewing?

“show vlib graph” at the CLI.

https://lists.fd.io/g/vpp-dev/message/7159 for graphviz. I don’t know if it still works.

Jim

Re: VPP graph configuration

Jim Thompson

[...]

VPP graph configuration

Raj

Hello all,

I am a newbie to VPP and trying to understand how it works. I am going
through all the documentation and videos of Paris training program. So
please be gentle :)

I understand that VPP is internally organized as a graph of nodes,
with each node performing a specific function and the passing [a bunch
of?] packets to the next node.

What I could not figure out is the exact graph layout. ie which nodes
is connected to which other nodes and on what condition an input
packet is transmitted over to one of the different output links by a
node.

How is the node graph set up initially? Can it be changed dynamically,
ie remove some nodes or add some nodes at another location? (not sure
if that makes any sense, though)

Can I export the graph to graphviz for viewing?

My apologies if this is not the appropriate list for this question.

Thanks and Regards,

Raj

LF IT Release Engineering team Holiday Schedule

Vanessa Valderrama

The Linux Foundation will be reducing daily operations from December 17, 2018 to January 2, 2019.  During this time the LF IT Release Engineering team will have limited support available and projects should plan accordingly.

We recommend that major releases or other work, if they have not already been planned and the responsible Release Engineer(s) made aware, be postponed until after Jan. 2.

Please note that CI change code review will not occur with LF Release Engineering staff during this window, unless it is related to an environment stopping issue.

If you have any issues please send request to helpdesk@...

REMINDER: LF Networking Reception today at KubeCon + CloudNativeCon

Dave Barach

FYI...

Date: Monday, December 10, 2018
Time: 6:00 – 8:00 PM
Room: 4C-4
Registration Fees: Free

LF Networking, an initiative at the Linux Foundation made up of several prominent projects in the open networking stack — FD.io, ONAP, OpenDaylight, ONFV, PNDA, SNAS, and Tungsten Fabric, will be hosting a reception onsite at KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America. You’re invited to come meet with our community, get a sense for the LF Networking project portfolio, and talk through some of the opportunities and challenges on the path to cloud native. There will be a series of 5 minute lighting talks from several LFN projects and plenty of time for socializing with appetizers, beer, and wine. The reception is open to all KubeCon + CloudNativeCon registrants. Join us!

Re: [infra-steering] [tsc] [csit-dev] 2018-11-27 @ 2000 UTC (1:00pm PDT)

Ed Kern (ejk) <ejk@...>

its taking 9+ minutes to get a git fetch out of gerrit.fd.io
and there was a very long multi-hour pause in gerrit properly sending messages to jenkins..

So something is unhappy in whoville

Ed

On Nov 27, 2018, at 9:32 AM, Vanessa Valderrama <vvalderrama@...> wrote:

Jenkins is not in shutdown mode.  The queue backed up shortly but is now down to 4 jobs. Please let me know if you have any other issues.

On 11/27/2018 10:16 AM, Damjan Marion (damarion) wrote:

Looks like jenkins is already in shutdown mode last 4 hours, i don't see single job scheduled and many of them waiting...

--
Damjan

On 27 Nov 2018, at 16:56, Vanessa Valderrama <vvalderrama@...> wrote:

Reminder maintenance starts at 1:00pm PDT.  Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 12:00pm PDT.

Maintenance has been rescheduled do the holiday

Please let us know if this maintenance causing any conflict for your project

What:

Apply operating system updates to FD.io systems

When:

2018-11-27 @ 2000 UTC (1:00pm PDT)

Impact:

The maintenance will require a reboot of each FD.io system.  The following systems will be impacted:

  • Jenkins production
  • Jenkins sandbox
  • Nexus
  • Gerrit
  • JIRA
  • Sonar
  • OpenGrok

Why:

Standard LF system maintenance

Re: FDIO - Jenkins Outage/Emergency Maintenance

Vanessa Valderrama

Emergency maintenance is complete.  Please open an RT ticket if you have
any issues, we'll continue to monitor as well.

LF is performing emergency maintenance on Jenkins.  Jenkins is at 100&
CPU on all 4 VCPU.  We have resized to add an additional 4 VCPU and are
looking at memory/CPU usage and bumping up the heap size.  We apologize
for the inconvenience and will monitor Jenkins to ensure this issue is
resolved.

FDIO - Jenkins Outage/Emergency Maintenance

Vanessa Valderrama

LF is performing emergency maintenance on Jenkins.  Jenkins is at 100&
CPU on all 4 VCPU.  We have resized to add an additional 4 VCPU and are
looking at memory/CPU usage and bumping up the heap size.  We apologize
for the inconvenience and will monitor Jenkins to ensure this issue is
resolved.

Re: [infra-steering] [csit-dev] 2018-11-27 @ 2000 UTC (1:00pm PDT)

Vanessa Valderrama

Maintenance is complete. Please open at RT ticket via helpdesk@... if you experience any issues.

Thank you,

Anton and Vanessa

We're starting maintenance.  There are still quite a few jobs running in Jenkins.  We'll be terminating any jobs running at 1:30pm PDT.  Please contact us immediately if this is an issue.

Jenkins has been placed in shutdown mode in preparation for maintenance.

[...]

Re: [tsc] [csit-dev] 2018-11-27 @ 2000 UTC (1:00pm PDT)

Damjan Marion

This is example of the patch which was waiting for more than 5 hours.

Finally something started happening 3 minutes ago...

--
Damjan

On 27 Nov 2018, at 17:32, Vanessa Valderrama <vvalderrama@...> wrote:

[...]

Re: [csit-dev] 2018-11-27 @ 2000 UTC (1:00pm PDT)

Vanessa Valderrama

Reminder maintenance starts at 1:00pm PDT.  Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 12:00pm PDT.

Maintenance has been rescheduled do the holiday

Please let us know if this maintenance causing any conflict for your project

What:

Apply operating system updates to FD.io systems

When:

2018-11-27 @ 2000 UTC (1:00pm PDT)

Impact:

The maintenance will require a reboot of each FD.io system.  The following systems will be impacted:

  • Jenkins production
  • Jenkins sandbox
  • Nexus
  • Gerrit
  • JIRA
  • Sonar
  • OpenGrok

Why:

Standard LF system maintenance

FD.io CSIT-18.10.w47 Weekly Maintenance Report Update

Maciek Konstantynowicz (mkonstan)

FD.io CSIT-18.10.w47 weekly maintenance report has been published on
FD.io docs site:

html: https://docs.fd.io/csit/rls1810/report/
pdf: https://docs.fd.io/csit/rls1810/report/_static/archive/csit_rls1810.pdf

Changes from last week .w46 version:

1. Added automated wrapping of long test names in legend to graphs.
2. Updated data and time format in the header.
3. Updated report versioning.
4. Added more test runs:
a. HoneyComb Functional.
b. VPP on 3n-hsw testbed.
5. Added more Current vs. Previous release performance comparisons:
a. VPP 3n-skx: http://bit.ly/2R18ypw
b. VPP 2n-skx: http://bit.ly/2A6RCqo
c. DPDK 3n-skx: http://bit.ly/2Q6QVrp
6. Added performance comparisons between testbed types:
a. VPP: 2n-skx vs. 3n-skx: http://bit.ly/2FzC84q
b. DPDK: 2n-skx vs. 3n-skx: http://bit.ly/2OX9rxx
7. Added results for 2n-dnv Atom Denverton tests:
a. VPP Packet Throughput: http://bit.ly/2Q8wdaA
b. VPP MRR: http://bit.ly/2FwSj2b

All per section links listed below stay unchanged.

FD.io VPP points of note in the report:

1. VPP release notes
a. Changes in CSIT-18.10: http://bit.ly/2OxSUA6
b. Known issues: http://bit.ly/2REvB9D

2. VPP performance graphs
a. Throughput: http://bit.ly/2OwQPEn
b. Speedup Multi-Core: http://bit.ly/2zztqgi
c. Latency: http://bit.ly/2F9j4K6

3. VPP performance comparisons
a. VPP-18.10 vs. VPP-18.07: http://bit.ly/2RGBvXM
b. 3-Node Skylake vs. 3-Node Haswell testbeds: http://bit.ly/2DqjrOJ
c. 2-Node Skylake vs. 3-Node Skylake testbedds: http://bit.ly/2FzC84q

4. VPP performance test details
a. Detailed results: http://bit.ly/2yVWMGf
b. Configuration: http://bit.ly/2qy7w8U
c. Run-time telemetry: http://bit.ly/2PQlkKw

DPDK Testpmd and L3fwd performance sections follow similar structure.

1. DPDK release notes:
a. Changes in CSIT-18.10: http://bit.ly/2Oy7E1U
b. Known issues: http://bit.ly/2RGGE22

2. DPDK performance graphs for Testpmd and L3fwd demonstrator apps
a. Throughput: http://bit.ly/2PeSlAz
b. Latency: http://bit.ly/2z5OSdx

3. DPDK performance comparisons
a. DPDK-18.08 vs. DPDK-18.05: http://bit.ly/2Q6QVrp

Functional tests, including VPP_Device (functional device tests),
VPP_VIRL, HoneyComb, NSH_SFC and DMM are all included in the report.

Welcome all comments, best by email to csit-dev@....

Re: FD.io CI Outage

Vanessa Valderrama

The hardware has been replace and services have been restored. Thank you
for your patience. Please open an RT ticket is you are experiencing any
issues.  helpdesk@...

Unfortunately the reload did not resolve the issue.  The provider is
switching out hardware and actively working to resolve this issue as
quickly as possible.  Unfortunately we do not have an ETA at this time.

We are currently experiencing an outage that is intermittently affecting
some or all of our CI services. This outage is due to an issue with a
local router at an upstream network provider.

The current ETA is 30 minutes if the reload goes smoothly.

Updates will be posted to status.linuxfoundation.org

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while
this issue is resolved.

Re: FD.io CI Outage

Vanessa Valderrama

Unfortunately the reload did not resolve the issue.  The provider is
switching out hardware and actively working to resolve this issue as
quickly as possible.  Unfortunately we do not have an ETA at this time.

We are currently experiencing an outage that is intermittently affecting
some or all of our CI services. This outage is due to an issue with a
local router at an upstream network provider.

The current ETA is 30 minutes if the reload goes smoothly.

Updates will be posted to status.linuxfoundation.org

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while
this issue is resolved.

FD.io CI Outage

Vanessa Valderrama