Topics

Network Service Optimization with VPP Platform

tianye@sina <tianyesq@...>

Hello Everyone:

In LinuxCon + ContainerCon + CloudOpen China 2018(LC3), A man from Alibaba.com hosted a speech

with the topic “Network Service Optimization with VPP Platform”.

https://yq.aliyun.com/articles/604408?utm_content=m_1000006860

I found the product which I am working for is almost the same with they did.

Anyone in this mail list know some detail about this project?

  1. How many people has been involved to build this product?
  2. How long did the project last?

I don’t meant to snoop some sensitive business secret of other company, but I really need to know the budget(time, human resource) to

build this kind of product and make a reasonable plan for myself.

Edward Warnicke

Looping in George and Trishan who might be able to help connect you :)

Ed

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 10:29 AM tianye@sina <tianyesq@...> wrote:

Hello Everyone:

In LinuxCon + ContainerCon + CloudOpen China 2018(LC3), A man from Alibaba.com hosted a speech

with the topic “Network Service Optimization with VPP Platform”.

https://yq.aliyun.com/articles/604408?utm_content=m_1000006860

I found the product which I am working for is almost the same with they did.

Anyone in this mail list know some detail about this project?

  1. How many people has been involved to build this product?
  2. How long did the project last?

I don’t meant to snoop some sensitive business secret of other company, but I really need to know the budget(time, human resource) to

build this kind of product and make a reasonable plan for myself.

tianye@sina <tianyesq@...>

Hello George and Trishan:

Do you know something about this project?

[...]

George Zhao

Hi Tianye

When you say this project do you refer to VPP or the ip-fr4 project did by Alibaba?

Thanks,

George

In LinuxCon + ContainerCon + CloudOpen China 2018(LC3), A man from Alibaba.com hosted a speech

with the topic “Network Service Optimization with VPP Platform”.

https://yq.aliyun.com/articles/604408?utm_content=m_1000006860

I found the product which I am working for is almost the same with they did.

Anyone in this mail list know some detail about this project?

  1. How many people has been involved to build this product?
  2. How long did the project last?

I don’t meant to snoop some sensitive business secret of other company, but I really need to know the budget(time, human resource) to

build this kind of product and make a reasonable plan for myself.

tianye@sina <tianyesq@...>

Hi George

Honestly, I don’t know the internal code name of this project.

All I know is the following page:

https://yq.aliyun.com/articles/604408?utm_content=m_1000006860

Since my team is planning to build the same product, so I want to know the cost(human resource cost and time span)

of it so that I could make a better preparation of it.