Topics

VPP/TLDK for L4

ross@...

Hi all,

I'm new to the project(s) so forgive me if this is the wrong list.

I'd like to open a TCP socket on a L3 interface controlled by VPP. Based on this slide (https://image.slidesharecdn.com/fdio-tldk-2016-09-26-161012103349/95/tldk-fdio-sept-2016-6-638.jpg), there are three ways to do this. The LD_PRELOAD method looks the easiest but I couldn't find documentation on how to go about using it. Is this functionality implemented? If so, can anyone point me to instructions on how to use it? If not, what is the best way to terminate TCP connections with VPP? Do I need to use TLDK or is that functionality built into VPP now?

Thanks,
Ross

Ray Kinsella

Hi Ross,

If you are using FD.io VPP – you would be better starting with the FD.io VPP TCP implementation. You can find Florin’s most recent overview here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9QmvpyeDcE&t=6s

Ray K