Date

FD.io minisummit at Kubecon EU (May 21-23, Barcelona)

Ed Warnicke <hagbard@...>

Traditionally in the past FD.io has held collocated minisummits at Kubecon (NA and EU).

We are fortunate to have budget to do Kubecon EU, Kubecon NA, and one other collocated event (probably best to be held in Asia and possibly at an embedded event).

In the course of discussing this, the FD.io Marketing group felt that doing a separate FD.io booth at Kubecon EU was a clear win, but raised the question:

- Is there a better choice for an EU event to collocate with for the FD.io minisummit?

This is a good question, and so wanted to open the discussion to the broader community, as it differs from what had previously been discussed in the community and decided on.

So, thoughts?  Opinions?  Ideas?

Ed

Published: FD.io CSIT-1901 Open-Source Benchmarking Report

Maciek Konstantynowicz (mkonstan) <mkonstan@...>

Hi All,

FD.io CSIT-1901 report has been published on FD.io docs site:

html: https://docs.fd.io/csit/rls1901/report/
pdf: https://docs.fd.io/csit/rls1901/report/_static/archive/csit_rls1810.pdf

Many thanks to All in CSIT, VPP and FD.io community who contributed, worked
very hard to make CSIT-1901 happen!

FD.io VPP points of note in the report:

1. VPP release notes
a. Changes in CSIT-1901: http://bit.ly/2tnfF1p
b. Known issues: http://bit.ly/2I9rWAO

2. VPP performance graphs
a. Throughput 64B frames: http://bit.ly/2EbYxC5
b. Speedup Multi-Core: http://bit.ly/2Bw45FR
c. Latency: http://bit.ly/2SxeDPm

3. VPP performance comparisons
a. VPP-19.01 vs. VPP-18.10: http://bit.ly/2EbrTAs
b. 3-Node Skylake vs. 3-Node Haswell testbeds: http://bit.ly/2tng7g7

4. VPP performance test details
a. Detailed results 64B IMIX 1518B 9kB: http://bit.ly/2V2pEVV
b. Configuration: http://bit.ly/2EbyACE
c. Run-time telemetry: http://bit.ly/2tkqG3L

DPDK Testpmd and L3fwd performance sections follow similar structure.

1. DPDK release notes:
a. Changes in CSIT-1901: http://bit.ly/2SDRvyL
b. Known issues: http://bit.ly/2DCCT8A

2. DPDK performance graphs for Testpmd and L3fwd demonstrator apps
a. Throughput 64B frames: http://bit.ly/2BBzrLj
b. Latency: http://bit.ly/2IfiUCu

Functional tests, including VPP_Device (functional device tests),
VPP_VIRL, HoneyComb and DMM are all included in the report.

Welcome all comments, best by email to csit-dev@....

On behalf of FD.io CSIT Open-Source Benchmarking Project.

Kubecon EU CFP closes Jan 18

Ed Warnicke <hagbard@...>

For folks in the FD.io community looking to submit talks to the Kubecon EU CFP:

It closes Jan 18.

Ed

Published: FD.io CSIT-18.10 Open-Source Benchmarking Report

Maciek Konstantynowicz (mkonstan) <mkonstan@...>

Hi All,

FD.io CSIT-18.10.W45 report has been published on FD.io docs site:

html: https://docs.fd.io/csit/rls1810/report/
pdf: https://docs.fd.io/csit/rls1810/report/_static/archive/csit_rls1810.pdf

Many thanks to All in CSIT and FD.io community who contributed, worked
very hard to make CSIT-18.10 happen!

CSIT-18.10 is not the First release able using latest Intel Xeon Skylake
processors. But it is the first release to present them in all of their
I/O optimized glory. See point Three below for throughput comparison
between Skylake and Haswell testbeds. This is finally, for the Second
time making VPP code shine in a modern software data world :)

Note that FD.io CSIT reports are now versioned using a notation for
ordinal weeks of the year specified in ISO 8601 (http://bit.ly/2yZYI0h).
All FD.io CSIT releases will be suffixed with '.Www', a week number in
the format ww prefixed by the letter 'W'.
This takes care even of leap second by accommodating leap week. :)

FD.io VPP points of note in the report:

1. VPP release notes
a. Changes in CSIT-18.10: http://bit.ly/2OxSUA6
b. Known issues: http://bit.ly/2REvB9D

2. VPP performance graphs
a. Throughput: http://bit.ly/2OwQPEn
b. Speedup Multi-Core: http://bit.ly/2zztqgi
c. Latency: http://bit.ly/2F9j4K6

3. VPP performance comparisons
a. VPP-18.10 vs. VPP-18.04: http://bit.ly/2RGBvXM
b. 3-Node Skylake vs. 3-Node Haswell testbeds: http://bit.ly/2DqjrOJ

4. VPP performance test details
a. Detailed results: http://bit.ly/2yVWMGf
b. Configuration: http://bit.ly/2qy7w8U
c. Run-time telemetry: http://bit.ly/2PQlkKw

DPDK Testpmd and L3fwd performance sections follow similar structure.

1. DPDK release notes:
a. Changes in CSIT-18.10: http://bit.ly/2Oy7E1U
b. Known issues: http://bit.ly/2RGGE22

2. DPDK performance graphs for Testpmd and L3fwd demonstrator apps
a. Throughput: http://bit.ly/2PeSlAz
b. Latency: http://bit.ly/2z5OSdx

Functional tests, including VPP_Device (functional device tests),
VPP_VIRL, HoneyComb, NSH_SFC and DMM are all included in the report.

Welcome all comments, best by email to csit-dev@....

On behalf of FD.io CSIT Open-Source Benchmarking Project.

P.S. CSIT-18.10 report includes Ever More benchmarking data, more graphs
(744 on the last count) that are now more orderly and more beautifully
presented than Ever. Report HTML and PDF layouts got revamped more than
a bit, striving to improve presentation clarity and browsability. And
equally portability and consumability got improved. We are aiming the
FD.io CSIT Open-Source Benchmarking reports to be consumable by
everyone. And by everyone we mean Everyone. Those who code it, those who
test it, those who use it, those who want to use it but are afraid to
touch it. Everyone who likes it.

Call for Demos at Kubecon Seattle Dec 11-13

Ed Warnicke <hagbard@...>

FD.io will have a booth at Kubecon Seattle Dec 11-13.  This is a call out to the community for demo proposals to show in the booth.

Please respond with a brief description of a demo you would like to run in the FD.io booth.
If you wish to reply privately, please ensure you include Trishan on your reply, as he's compiling the responses.

The Call for Demos is expected to close COB PT (5pm PT) Thu Nov 8.

Ed

Re: [vpp-dev] IRC SPAM

Burt Silverman <burtms@...>

I registered and verified, but when I try to log in I always go to the unregistered area. How do I log in now? The instructions are pretty useless for a non SASL client user.

Burt

On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 12:49 PM, Vanessa Valderrama <vvalderrama@...> wrote:

In effort to prevent IRC SPAM we are requiring registration in the FD.io channels.

Re: [nsh_sfc-dev] IRC SPAM

Joel M. Halpern <jmh@...>

Specifically, when I try to use the /connect command the instructions call for I get: Permission Denied - You're not an IRC operator

In effort to prevent IRC SPAM we are requiring registration in the FD.io channels.
* The following channels will require registration to join the channel
o https://wiki.fd.io/view/IRC
* Please follow these steps to register on Freenode
o https://freenode.net/kb/answer/registration

IRC SPAM

Vanessa Valderrama

In effort to prevent IRC SPAM we are requiring registration in the FD.io channels.

Re: 答复: Today's DMM meeting

wangyalei (A) <william.wangyalei@...>

It’s independence day in India, I think we can cancel this meeting.

Thanks!

/Yalei

I have a conflict this morning, could you host DMM community meeting today, sorry for the late notice.

Thanks,

George

Today's DMM meeting

George Zhao

Hi Yalei

I have a conflict this morning, could you host DMM community meeting today, sorry for the late notice.

Thanks,

George

DMM bi-weekly meeting

George Zhao

Update meeting time to be one hour earlier.

Thanks

George

---

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/5301185804

Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll):  +14086380968,,5301185804# or +16465588656,,5301185804#

Or Telephone:

    Dial: +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll) or +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll)

    +1 855 880 1246 (US Toll Free)

    +1 877 369 0926 (US Toll Free)

    Meeting ID: 530 118 5804

International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=ppBOQMQTVxGYmbxNsVemC6KNo8eX2ptF

IRC: #fdio-dmm

Re: DMM bi-weekly meeting

George Zhao

sure, I will update  invites.
发件人:汪亚雷
收件人:George Zhao,
时间:2018-08-01 18:19:45
主 题:Re: [dmm-dev] DMM bi-weekly meeting

Hi George and other developer,

could we change the schedule to be earlier, like 11:30AM?

/Yalei

George Zhao <george.y.zhao@...> 于2018年8月1日周三 下午12:51写道:

[...]

[DMM community meeting July 3rd, 2018 9:30-10:00 pm PST] Canceled

swarup <swarupnpvt@...>

Hi Guys,

Todays meeting has been canceled as most of the members are busy in other meeting.

Regards,

Swarup

cancel today's DMM meeting due to US holiday

George Zhao

Hello,
Due to July 4th US holiday,  let's cancel today's DMM meeting.

thanks
George

Re: FD.io Docs Working Group

George Zhao

Do we have a volunteer like to patriciate in this FD.io document meeting?