Re: APIs with "subscriptions"

Rastislav Szabo -X (raszabo - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES@Cisco)

Hi,

From what I can parse from your messages, it seems that the binapi you are trying to use is misbehaving.

Normally you can do EITHER:

-> foo_request
<- foo_reply

OR:

-> foo_dump
<- n * foo_details

The combination of both types of replies is unexpected.

Rasto

From: govpp-dev@... <govpp-dev@...> On Behalf Of Keith Burns
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2019 5:32 PM
To: govpp-dev@...

Would appreciate a response to this, as currently the only way to get epoch data from the mactime plugin is via the "mactime_dump_reply" and not the "mactime_details" messages.

Rather than change the "mactime_details" message to include epoch, which is wasteful, is the pattern of:

-> foo_request
<- n * foo_details
<- foo_reply

Going to be a supported pattern in go-vpp ?

If not, will all VPP APIs that have this pattern be supported?

At the moment I am trapping on the inevitable error that the types don't match on Recv() when I get a "foo_reply" instead of the expected "foo_details".

Join govpp-dev@lists.fd.io to automatically receive all group messages.