postman connection problem

Kawshik Sarkar

Thanks a lot marek, is there a sample snapshot/screenshot I can look at?what are the fields I need to tweak.my postman client is on a diff server from my vpp server.

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 2:08 AM Marek Gradzki -X (mgradzki - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco) <mgradzki@...> wrote:

Hi,

Rectconf server is enabled by default.

Pplease check ports and binding addresses in restconf.json (/opt/honeycomb/config/rectconf.json).

Regards,

Marek

From: hc2vpp@... [mailto:hc2vpp@...] On Behalf Of Kawshik Sarkar
Sent: 12 lutego 2018 03:52
To: hc2vpp@...
Subject: Re: [hc2vpp] postman connection problem

Also to elaborate further...the problem here is basic connectivity between postman client and vpp server. Thanks

On Sun, Feb 11, 2018 at 9:50 PM, Kawshik Sarkar <kawshikrandom@...> wrote:

Hi ,

I have been trying to connect postman to my vpp server.

Heres what i did:

1)install honeycomb.

2)ran honeycomb on compatible vpp version.

3)Tested honeyccomb installation by mounting vpp from ODL. The intent is to talk to my vpp restconf interface using postman.

4)Then i imported the postman collections from the github link for v3po and successfully imported the collection.

5)Problem starts when i  tried to do a get from postman, but was not able to connect to my vpp restconf server.

It threw an error that I am attaching.

Q1)Is there anything that needs to be started or a file that needs to be manipulated to enabled postman to connect to the vpp? Either on the postman or vpp side?

Q2)I turned off SSL at postman FYI. Is there anything i can do on my vpp server to test restconf connectivity like we do for netconf like ''ssh@localhost -p 2831 -s netconf''

I can connect from odl on 2831 but not on the restconf interface. Please see attachment . Thanks again.

Marek Gradzki -X (mgradzki - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES@Cisco) <mgradzki@...>