BGP in Honeycomb

Marek Gradzki -X (mgradzki - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES@Cisco) <mgradzki@...>

Dear honeycomb and hc2vpp users,

Honeycomb 1.17.07 is going to add BGP to supported northbound interfaces.

Here is prototype that integrates ODL’s BGP implementation into Honeycomb:

https://gerrit.fd.io/r/#/c/6631/8

RIB to FIB translation is currently not supported.

We are looking for basic use case to start with.

We’re looking forward to receiving your comments and suggestions,

Marek

Daniel Bernier

Hi,

Great use case to start with would be support of RFC3107 and https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-prefix-sid-03. With this could then support SR-MPLS from the host with the egress-peer-engineering use case.

It could be followed by L3VPN support (RFC4364)

Subsequent use case would be support of EVPN-MPLS particularly https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-vpws-07

PS: On the community front, ODL BGP could extend to support FXC (flexible cross-connect)

Hope this helps

Thanks,

----

Daniel Bernier | Bell Canada

From: <hc2vpp-bounces@...> on behalf of "Marek Gradzki -X (mgradzki - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco)" <mgradzki@...>
Date: Monday, June 5, 2017 at 12:04 PM
To: "hc2vpp@..." <hc2vpp@...>, honeycomb-dev <honeycomb-dev@...>
Subject: [hc2vpp] BGP in Honeycomb

Dear honeycomb and hc2vpp users,

Honeycomb 1.17.07 is going to add BGP to supported northbound interfaces.

Here is prototype that integrates ODL’s BGP implementation into Honeycomb:

https://gerrit.fd.io/r/#/c/6631/8

RIB to FIB translation is currently not supported.

We are looking for basic use case to start with.

We’re looking forward to receiving your comments and suggestions,

Marek

Peter Lapos -X (plapos - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES@Cisco) <plapos@...>

Hi everyone,

As Marek described below, please let us know about your ideas and suggestions on use cases of BGP implementation in Honeycomb so we can have a good discussion on Monday in our regular meeting at 8AM PST. Thank you

banner5

Peter Lapos

Project Manager

plapos@...

Tel:

Cisco Systems, Inc.

Apollo Business Centre II Prievozska 4D
BRATISLAVA
82109
Slovakia
cisco.com

Think before you print.

Please click here for Company Registration Information.

Honeycomb 1.17.07 is going to add BGP to supported northbound interfaces.

Here is prototype that integrates ODL’s BGP implementation into Honeycomb:

https://gerrit.fd.io/r/#/c/6631/8

RIB to FIB translation is currently not supported.

We are looking for basic use case to start with.

We’re looking forward to receiving your comments and suggestions,

Marek

KORMANN, DAVID P (DAVID) <davek@...>

Having polled a bit at at&t, the response I've gotten is that we'd find use for EVPN as well, but the biggest impact would be VRF support.  This isn't, I know, particularly BGP specific and I confess I don't know enough about VRFs in honeycomb to know whether it's relevant here.  But it's the first response I got, so I figured I'd pass it along.

Honeycomb 1.17.07 is going to add BGP to supported northbound interfaces.

Here is prototype that integrates ODL’s BGP implementation into Honeycomb:

https://gerrit.fd.io/r/#/c/6631/8

RIB to FIB translation is currently not supported.

We are looking for basic use case to start with.

We’re looking forward to receiving your comments and suggestions,

Marek

Marek Gradzki -X (mgradzki - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES@Cisco) <mgradzki@...>

Hi,

thanks for suggestions! We will look into rfc3107 + SR Prefix SID support in honeycomb/hc2vpp.

Regarding hc2vpp part, we need to know how to map BGP RIB updates to vpp api calls

and if vpp supports everything needed for the SR_MPLS egress peer engineering use case.

Have you performed such analysis? If so, it would be a great help if you could share it.

Thanks,

Marek