From: vpp-dev-bounces@... [mailto:vpp-dev-bounces@...] On Behalf Of ?????? ?.?.
Sent: 27 lipca 2017 12:29
To: vpp-dev@...
Subject: [vpp-dev] It is planned to implement native the support of the BGP, OSPF protocols (for ipv4 & ipv6) in the VPP?

Hi, all!

It is planned to implement native the support of the BGP, OSPF protocols
(for ipv4 & ipv6) in the VPP? If so, how long to wait?

Regards,

Vladislav.

Гришин В.С. <Vladislav.Grishin@...>

Does this implementation have CLI like Cisco routers or a bird daemon on linux? How to configure the BGP protocol?

27.07.2017 13:59, Marek Gradzki -X (mgradzki - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco) пишет:
Hi,

hc2vpp 1.17.07 (to be released this week) will provide BGP support for VPP.
We use ODL's BGP implementation:
http://docs.opendaylight.org/en/stable-boron/user-guide/bgp-user-guide.html

Regards,
Marek

It is planned to implement native the support of the BGP, OSPF protocols
(for ipv4 & ipv6)  in the VPP?   If so, how long to wait?

Regards,

Vladislav.

Vladislav.

Алексей Болдырев <devel-net-ne-vlezay80@...>

Лучше всего использовать frr а не bird. В bird нету даже mbgp.

27.07.2017, 14:44, "Гришин В.С." <vladislav.grishin@...>:

Does this implementation have CLI like Cisco routers or a bird daemon on linux? How to configure the BGP protocol?

27.07.2017 13:59, Marek Gradzki -X (mgradzki - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco) пишет:
Hi,

hc2vpp 1.17.07 (to be released this week) will provide BGP support for VPP.
We use ODL's BGP implementation:
http://docs.opendaylight.org/en/stable-boron/user-guide/bgp-user-guide.html

Regards,
Marek

It is planned to implement native the support of the BGP, OSPF protocols
(for ipv4 & ipv6)  in the VPP?   If so, how long to wait?

Regards,

Vladislav.

Vladislav.

,

Гришин В.С. <Vladislav.Grishin@...>

You misunderstood my question. I asked about the presence of CLI in the ODL's BGP implementation and how to configure the ODL's BGP implementation in the Linux console.

27.07.2017 14:45, Алексей Болдырев пишет:
[...]

Marek Gradzki -X (mgradzki - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES@Cisco) <mgradzki@...>

To configure BGP  you may use RESTCONF or NETCONF protocols (no CLI).

You can find request examples in the link from my previous email to have general overview.

BGP configuration in HC has few differences. Please find details in:

https://gerrit.fd.io/r/#/c/7814/

After merge job for 7814 finishes, you should find rendered adoc at:

https://docs.fd.io/hc2vpp/1.17.07-SNAPSHOT/hc2vpp-parent/release-notes-aggregator/user_running_honeycomb.html#_using_bgp

Regards,

Marek