Date

Re: Honeycomb Project Status

Dave Wallace

Honeycomb was replaced by hc2vpp a few years back.

Please archive it.

Thanks,
-daw-

Is the Honeycomb project still active or can it be archived?

Re: Honeycomb Project Status

Jerome Tollet

Hi Vanessa,
I think it's fine if it is archived.
Jerome

Le 10/11/2020 22:36, « honeycomb-dev@lists.fd.io au nom de Vanessa Valderrama » <honeycomb-dev@lists.fd.io au nom de vvalderrama@linuxfoundation.org> a écrit :

Is the Honeycomb project still active or can it be archived?

Honeycomb Project Status

Vanessa Valderrama <vvalderrama@...>

Is the Honeycomb project still active or can it be archived?

Problem developing generic plugin

mrsebastienpradier@...

Hello,

I'm working on SDN network with ONOS and I've a problem developing the generic plugin.
I've installed maven and when I'm typing this command : mvn -X archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=io.fd.honeycomb.tools -DarchetypeArtifactId=honeycomb-plugin-archetype -DarchetypeVersion=1.19.01
It sends me an error (I've linked the error) and when I check the reasons it tells me that the error comes from the plugin and not from maven.

Does somebody has had the same error and is able to help me ?

Thank you !
Sébastien Pradier.

Re: FD.io - Decommission SonarQube Instance

Vanessa Valderrama <vvalderrama@...>

Reminder

What:  LF will decomission the FD.io SonarQue instance

When:   2020-07-22 at 1700 UTC

Impact:  sonar.fd.io and code quality reports and history will no longer be accessible

Why:  LF has migrated to SonarCloud. All FD.io project yaml files have been configured for SonarCloud jobs.

FD.io - Decommission SonarQube Instance

Vanessa Valderrama <vvalderrama@...>

What:  LF will decomission the FD.io SonarQue instance

When:   2020-07-22 at 1700 UTC

Impact:  sonar.fd.io and code quality reports and history will no longer be accessible

Why:  LF has migrated to SonarCloud. All FD.io project yaml files have been configured for SonarCloud jobs.

Re: SonarQube Question

Jerome Tollet

I don't think we need it.
Jerome

Le 15/06/2020 22:45, « honeycomb-dev@lists.fd.io au nom de Vanessa Valderrama » <honeycomb-dev@lists.fd.io au nom de vvalderrama@linuxfoundation.org> a écrit :

LF is migrating from SonarQube to SonarCloud. Does Honeycomb need the
history in sonar.fd.io?

SonarQube Question

Vanessa Valderrama <vvalderrama@...>

LF is migrating from SonarQube to SonarCloud. Does Honeycomb need the
history in sonar.fd.io?

Reminder Deadline Feb 28th: Invitation for FD.io Project Proposals to LFN Mentorship Program

Trishan de Lanerolle

We’re excited to open the call for mentors and project proposals for the 2020 LF Networking Mentorship Program. This is the first year we're bringing all community intern/mentor projects, under an integrated program schedule. This is intended to provide a formal structure to connect mentors and student developers from around the globe, to contribute their enthusiasm, time, and experience toward building sustainable LFN communities.

  I am interested in mentoring but how do I get started?

Why should you consider mentoring for LF Networking Mentorship Program?
  • You believe in the value of mentorship in helping new developers to navigate open source development, the culture, the tooling and infrastructure to be a productive member of the community.
  • You are passionate about teaching and guiding student developers, many of whom may be first time open-source contributors,
  • You are eager to bring in new perspectives, new ideas, and new talent into your community and projects.
  • You have a narrowly scoped mentorship project with clear learning objectives/outcomes and a mentee's work and potential contributions could add value to the project or community of which you're an active developer or maintainer.

What are the elements the LFN Mentorship Program will implement to maximize mentor/mentee collaboration success?
  • Mentor and mentee onboarding will be conducted at the start of the Program
  • Mentor and mentee guide will be available as part of the Linux Foundation CommunityBridge Mentorship initiative
  • Project planning that includes deliverables, milestones, and tasks will be completed collaboratively between the mentors and mentees during the first two weeks of the program and posted on the wiki to increase transparency and accountability.
  • Mentee presentations will be required to sharpen both presentation skills and to cultivate the ability to provide constructive feedback and critique that’s the norm in the open source community for developing technologies collaboratively and openly.
  • Mentee evaluation will be conducted on a regular cadence tied to milestone deliverable schedules to help mentors and LFN staff formalize and respond to progress.
While mentors will be on a voluntary basis, the hired mentees will be eligible to receive a stipend. As an added bonus, each mentee who successfully completes the Program will be invited and financially sponsored by LF Networking to attend an event/conference and present their work to the broader community (specific event TBD but will be during Q3 or Q4 of this year or Q1 of the following year).

If you have any questions, please contact mentorship@...

We look forward to your submission of a mentorship project and thank you in advance for volunteering your time to contribute to the training of the new talent pool in the LF Networking communities.

--
Trishan R. de Lanerolle
Technical Program Manager & Community Architect

[...]

Final call: removing HoneyComb tests from CSIT master [Was: Honeycomb test code in CSIT - status and way forward]

Honeycomb code is about to be removed from CSIT repo.

Thanks to Peter Mikus for preparing this patch: https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/csit/+/23363

We are looking to merge this patch before embarking on Python 3.x migration next week, as discussed on CSIT weekly call.

Let us know if any issues with above.

On 5 Sep 2019, at 09:09, Michal Cmarada <michal.cmarada@...> wrote:

Hi,

I am not aware of any plans for Honeycomb. Try asking Jerome and Peter directly.

Michal