Plan to move NSH plugin to VPP project as a separate plugin

Ni, Hongjun

Hi all,

As discussed with Ed Warnicke and Ray, we plan to move NSH plugin to VPP project as a separate plugin.

This will help to make the maintenance easier, attract more users, and also make them adopt NSH plugin more comfortably.

I will start by porting task, hoping that it will be merged in 18.10 Release.

Thanks,

Hongjun

Srikanth Akula

Hi Hongjun,

Do you plan to add any other functionality on top of existing of the one currently available in 1807 ?

_Srikanth_

On Sun, Aug 26, 2018 at 7:43 PM Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...> wrote:

Hi all,

As discussed with Ed Warnicke and Ray, we plan to move NSH plugin to VPP project as a separate plugin.

This will help to make the maintenance easier, attract more users, and also make them adopt NSH plugin more comfortably.

I will start by porting task, hoping that it will be merged in 18.10 Release.

Thanks,

Hongjun

Ni, Hongjun

Hi Srikanth,

We plan to merge all features in NSH_SFC project to VPP repo for 18.10 Release.

Actually, current NSH Plugin has covered basic features in NSH-related RFCs.

We have no plan to add more functionality for 18.10 Release.

Do you have some functionality requirements on NSH plugin?

Thanks,

Hongjun

Do you plan to add any other functionality on top of existing of the one currently available in 1807 ?

_Srikanth_

On Sun, Aug 26, 2018 at 7:43 PM Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...> wrote:

Hi all,

As discussed with Ed Warnicke and Ray, we plan to move NSH plugin to VPP project as a separate plugin.

This will help to make the maintenance easier, attract more users, and also make them adopt NSH plugin more comfortably.

I will start by porting task, hoping that it will be merged in 18.10 Release.

Thanks,

Hongjun

Srikanth Akula

Hi Hongjun,

We are not specifically looking at any other functionality , Just checking if you have any features that we need to integrate in our solution when we move to 1810 .

_Srikanth_

Ni, Hongjun

Hi Srikanth,

That looks good.

BTW, NSH plugin has been merged into VPP master by Damjan:

https://gerrit.fd.io/r/#/c/14489/ Port NSH plugin to VPP

Regards,

Hongjun