rpm_dpdk meeting for August 8th canceled

Thomas F Herbert

Due to a conflict, the meeting is canceled for today.

On 07/26/2017 12:50 PM, Thomas F Herbert wrote:

The next meeting is on August 8th. The time remains at 1:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time.

The topic will be DPDK packaging and multi-buffer library.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Rpm-dpdk/Meeting

--TFH

--
Thomas F Herbert
NFV and Fast Data Planes

--
Thomas F Herbert
NFV and Fast Data Planes

Thomas F Herbert

On 08/08/2017 06:07 PM, Kantecki, Tomasz wrote:

Hi Thomas,

I spent fair amount of time trying to make ipsec-mb library compile to an SO but getting it right will require a bit of effort.

Could a spec file for ipsec-mb archive be temporary option?

I am thinking that there may be two options:

1. I assume you are suggesting we add the multi-buffer dist tarball to the Sources line in the dpdk spec file.
Let me try this first. I haven't really tried it.

2. Maybe,  I am missing something but I don't necessarily see that .so's are absolutely necessary.
I wonder if it would work if the RPM installed .a's.  Would it mean that the DPDK libraries would also have to be built static?

Thanks,

Tomasz

Due to a conflict, the meeting is canceled for today.

On 07/26/2017 12:50 PM, Thomas F Herbert wrote:

The next meeting is on August 8th. The time remains at 1:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time.

The topic will be DPDK packaging and multi-buffer library.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Rpm-dpdk/Meeting

--TFH

--
Thomas F Herbert
NFV and Fast Data Planes
Office of Technology
Red Hat

--
Thomas F Herbert
NFV and Fast Data Planes
Office of Technology
Red Hat

Intel Research and Development Ireland Limited
Registered in Ireland
Registered Number: 308263

Thomas F Herbert
NFV and Fast Data Planes
Office of Technology
Red Hat

Kantecki, Tomasz <tomasz.kantecki@...>

On 08/08/2017 06:07 PM, Kantecki, Tomasz wrote:

Hi Thomas,

I spent fair amount of time trying to make ipsec-mb library compile to an SO but getting it right will require a bit of effort.

Could a spec file for ipsec-mb archive be temporary option?

I am thinking that there may be two options:

1. I assume you are suggesting we add the multi-buffer dist tarball to the Sources line in the dpdk spec file.
Let me try this first. I haven't really tried it.
[Tomasz] this could work but it may be a bit ugly

2. Maybe,  I am missing something but I don't necessarily see that .so's are absolutely necessary.
I wonder if it would work if the RPM installed .a's.  Would it mean that the DPDK libraries would also have to be built static?
[Tomasz] I was actually thinking about this option. DPDK libs should build fine as SO here (with some small trick from Sergio, if required)

Thanks,

Tomasz