Re: Corrections to FD.io 19.08 PR content/links
Maciek Konstantynowicz (mkonstan)
Hello,toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
And few more typos that Jerome and me picked up:
1. "an open source project within tThe Linux Foundation’s LF Networking (LFN)”
- Typo: replace “tThe” with ”The.”
2. "focused on becoming the world’s packet processing data plane”
- Syntax: replace ”world’s”with ”world’s fastest”.
3. "today announced the availability of software release 19.08”
- Syntax: replace “19.08" with "v19.08”. Same applies to all other instances of “19.08” and “19.01”.
4. "forwarding match all rule"
- Typo: "match-all"
5. "including the integration of Intel® Multi-buffer Crypto for IPSec library”
- Missing info: "including the integration of Intel® Multi-buffer Crypto for IPSec library and native VPP crypto_ia32 library"
7. "providing significant performance improvement”
- Typo: "providing significant performance improvements"
9. "IETF compliant segment routing”
- Typos and missing info: "IETF compliant Segment Routing (SRv6 and MPLS SR)"
10. "VPP’s Host Stack provides a platform-independent subgraph for processing Layer 2 and 3 networking traffic. Release 19.08 adds the following to the network stack – speeding rule processing, cryptography, and overall network interface robustness:”
- Semantics: this looks like a copy&paste error of previous paragraph header that has been edited and resulted in misleading text. VPP Host Stack does not deal with Layer 2 network traffic. All red text SHOULD be deleted.
12. "High-performance Layer 4 support for UCP, TCP, TLS and QUIC"
- Typo: replace ”UCP” with ”UDP”.
13. "and delivery rate estimation (the later which is useful to future planned congestion control algorithms like Bottleneck Bandwidth and Round-trip propagation time (BBR)”
- Typos: "and delivery rate estimation (the latter is useful for planned congestion control algorithms like Bottleneck Bandwidth and Round-trip propagation time (BBR))"
14. "Many of the above features contribute directly to ongoing FD.io VPP performance gains. Detailed performance test results associated with Release 19.08 can be viewed here (AVG) and here (TCP).”
- Missing info: "Many of the above features contribute directly to ongoing FD.io VPP performance gains. Detailed performance test results associated with Release v19.08 can be viewed in FD.io CSIT-1908 report [Throughput] and [TCP/IP] graphs and data."
[Throughput] hyperlink: https://docs.fd.io/csit/rls1908/report/vpp_performance_tests/packet_throughput_graphs/l2-2n-skx-xxv710.html
[TCP/IP] hyperlink: https://docs.fd.io/csit/rls1908/report/vpp_performance_tests/http_server_performance/index.html
15. "Worker thread level stat”
- Syntax: "Worker thread level statistics"
Number of other punctuation inconsistencies and errors, as well as number of nested parentheses uses that could be improved too (see nesting brackets ), but that’s minor :)
Hope you find above suggestions useful.