Re: Voting on the Scapy licensing resolutions
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Can I ask a clarification question?
Only the copyright holder can modify a distribution license whereas it looks like the TSC is going to act
as a copyright holder's proxy. Is this correct?
So we need to take a vote on the proposed Scapy licensing resolutions at today TSC.
That is we …
1. We approve of the mitigations listed in last Thursday’s presentation.
- Explicit licensing of affected code as GPLv2 (CSIT, VPP & TRex)
- Moving affected code to a GPL labelled directory (CSIT).
- Preservation of project apache licensing through process separation (CSIT, VPP & TRex).
2. We approve these exceptions to the FD.io Project Apache2 Licensing for CSIT, VPP & TRex.
Proposed vote text:
Based on the mitigation described. The FD.io TSC approves exceptions to the FD.io Project Apache2 licensing permitting the use of Scapy by CSIT, VPP & TRex.
Any comments on the above are welcome.
FD.io Project TSC Member
Join firstname.lastname@example.org to automatically receive all group messages.