- Changes to LFN Zoom Community Meetings
Changes to LFN Zoom Community Meetings
Hello, LFN Community.
As large numbers of people turn to video-teleconferencing (VTC) platforms to stay connected in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, reports of VTC hijacking (also called “Zoom-bombing”) are emerging globally. This is when uninvited callers suddenly join and disrupt meetings. To help protect our community from abuse, LF Networking will be making some changes to all Zoom bridge conference meetings.
- Starting Monday, April 6th, only Zoom authenticated users will be able to join meetings
- Participants will need to have and sign in to a Zoom account before joining the call
- If you do not have an account, you can create a free account at https://zoom.us
- Participants who have an existing Zoom account or those who dial in will not be affected by this change.
- LF Networking recommends that all community members set their microphones to “mute” and their video camera to “off” by default when joining a meeting.
- LF Networking also recommends that Participants who use the Zoom Client on their Computer should update to the latest version.
Please send any questions you may have to ccain@...
Trishan R. de Lanerolle
Technical Program Manager & Community Architect
Networking, Linux Foundation
Join firstname.lastname@example.org to automatically receive all group messages.