FD.io CSIT-2106 Release Report is published
Maciek Konstantynowicz (mkonstan)
FD.io CSIT-2106 report is now available on FD.io docs site:
Another successful release! Many thanks to all contributors in CSIT and
VPP communities for making it happen.
See below for CSIT-2106 release summary and pointers to specific
sections in the report.
Welcome all comments, best by email to csit-dev@....
Maciek (CSIT PTL)
CSIT-2106 Release Summary
- AF_XDP: Added af_xdp driver support for all test cases. Test results
will be added in sub-sequent CSIT-2106 report.
- GTPU tunnel: Added GTPU HW Offload IPv4 routing tests.
- Intel Xeon Ice Lake: Added initial test data for these platforms.
Current CSIT-2106 report data for Intel Xeon Ice Lake comes from an
external source (Intel labs running CSIT code on
"8360Y D Stepping" and "6338N" processors).
- CSIT in AWS environment: Added CSIT support for AWS c5n instances
environment. Test results will be added in sub-sequent CSIT-2106
- MLRsearch improvements: Added support for multiple packet throughput
rates in a single search, each rate is associated with a distinct
Packet Loss Ratio (PLR) criterion. Implemented number of
optimizations improving rate discovery efficiency.
- Telemetry retouch: Refactored telemetry retrieval from DUTs and SUTs.
Included VPP perfmon plugin telemetry with all perfmon bundles
available in VPP release.
- Upgrade to Ubuntu 20.04 LTS: Re-installed base operating system to
Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS. Upgrade included also baseline Docker containers
used for spawning topology.
Pointers to CSIT-2106 Report sections
1. FD.io CSIT test methodology 
2. VPP release notes 
3. VPP 64B/IMIX throughput graphs 
4. VPP throughput speedup multi-core 
5. VPP latency under load 
6. VPP comparisons v21.06 vs. v21.01 
7. VPP performance all pkt sizes & NICs 
8. DPDK 20.08 apps release notes 
9. DPDK 64B throughput graphs 
10. DPDK latency under load 
11. DPDK comparisons 21.02 vs. 20.11 
Functional device tests (VPP_Device) are also included in the report.