Re: Dave Wallace to be my proxy at FD.io TSC Meeting

Edward Warnicke

Ray,

LOL... I'm OK with us making a choice of timezone to offset into.  It just gets my hackles up when folks somehow pretend UTC+offsets are some universal answer to the problem: they aren't.

UTC+offsets is *not* a timezone... ISO 8601 is for identifying *points* in time, not timezones.  If we want to set our meetings in the UTC timezone, that's fine, but pretending it's anything but a choice of timezones and is somehow magically universal has been a point of ongoing annoyance for me :)

All of that said, given that the weight of the TSC is in EU, I'm fine picking an EU oriented timezone to anchor the meeting in, like CEST... or even UTC :)

Ed

On Wed, Nov 10, 2021 at 9:33 AM Ray Kinsella <ray.kinsella@...> wrote:

Thanks Ed,

Given your prior experience then.

Can you suggest then, an alternative that might work better?

Ray K