Date

Open Networking & Edge Executive Forum, March 10-12

Trishan de Lanerolle

Greetings LFN communities,

We wanted to raise your awareness of an upcoming event that is free to LFN members - The Open Networking & Edge Executive Forum.  We've just announced our first group of speakers joining us at Open Networking & Edge Executive Forum, happening virtually March 10-12.

View them here: https://bit.ly/375oe5v

This unique, one-of-a-kind executive event will focus on deployment progress, 2021 priorities, challenges and calls to action within the networking & edge communities.  Join a global audience across the Telco, Cloud and Enterprise verticals to participate in the discussions and gain valuable insights. All keynotes are live: 3 days, 3 hours, 3 different time zones.

Register today: https://bit.ly/2NglX04. #oneef

Note: LFN and LF Edge Members are eligible to receive complimentary registration. Please email events@... to request the LFN or LF Edge discount code.

Thank you for supporting Open Source!

ONEEF_21_Snackable_1200x627_v1-01.png

FDIO Maintenance - 2021-02-24 1600 UTC to 1800 UTC

When:  2021-02-24 1600 UTC to 1800 UTC

Impact:

Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1500 UTC.

The following systems will be unavailable during the maintenance window:
  •     Jenkins production

FD.io CSIT-2101 Release Report is published

Maciek Konstantynowicz (mkonstan)

Hi All,

FD.io CSIT-2101 report is available on FD.io docs site:

https://docs.fd.io/csit/rls2101/report/

Many thanks to all contributors in CSIT and VPP communities!

See below for CSIT-2101 release summary and pointers to specific
sections in the report.

Welcome all comments, best by email to csit-dev@lists.fd.io.

Cheers,
Maciek (CSIT PTL)

CSIT-2101 Release Summary
-------------------------

NEW BENCHMARK TESTS

- GENEVE tests: Added VPP performance tests for GENEVE tunnels.

- NAT44 tests: Added new test type, pure throughput tests, measuring
bi-directional forwarding performance after all stateful sessions are
created.

- Jumbo for IPsec: Test cases with 9000 byte frames are re-enabled in
ipsec suites.

- IPv4, IPv6 scale: Added randomized traffic profiles for IPv6 scale
tests, improved repeatability.

- Arm 2n-tx2 testbed: New physical testbed type added with VPP and DPDK
performance data added to CSIT trending and this report.

TEST FRAMEWORK

- TRex ASTF: Improved capability to run TRex in advanced stateful mode.

- CSIT PAPI support: Due to issues with PAPI performance, VAT is still
used in CSIT for all VPP scale tests.

PRESENTATION

- Packet Latency Graphs: Updated with logarithmic X-Axis providing more
granular view of per packet latency.

Pointers to CSIT-2101 Report sections
-------------------------------------

1. FD.io CSIT test methodology [1]
2. VPP release notes [2]
3. VPP 64B/IMIX throughput graphs [3]
4. VPP throughput speedup multi-core [4]
5. VPP latency under load [5]
6. VPP comparisons v21.01 vs. v20.09 [6]
7. VPP performance all pkt sizes & NICs [7]
8. DPDK 20.08 apps release notes [8]
9. DPDK 64B throughput graphs [9]
10. DPDK latency under load [10]
11. DPDK comparisons 20.11 vs. 20.08 [11]

Functional device tests (VPP_Device) are also included in the report.

[1] https://docs.fd.io/csit/rls2101/report/introduction/methodology.html
[2] https://docs.fd.io/csit/rls2101/report/vpp_performance_tests/csit_release_notes.html
[3] https://docs.fd.io/csit/rls2101/report/vpp_performance_tests/packet_throughput_graphs/index.html
[4] https://docs.fd.io/csit/rls2101/report/vpp_performance_tests/throughput_speedup_multi_core/index.html
[5] https://docs.fd.io/csit/rls2101/report/vpp_performance_tests/packet_latency/index.html
[6] https://docs.fd.io/csit/rls2101/report/vpp_performance_tests/comparisons/current_vs_previous_release.html
[7] https://docs.fd.io/csit/rls2101/report/detailed_test_results/vpp_performance_results/index.html
[8] https://docs.fd.io/csit/rls2101/report/dpdk_performance_tests/csit_release_notes.html
[9] https://docs.fd.io/csit/rls2101/report/dpdk_performance_tests/packet_throughput_graphs/index.html
[10] https://docs.fd.io/csit/rls2101/report/dpdk_performance_tests/packet_latency/index.html
[11] https://docs.fd.io/csit/rls2101/report/dpdk_performance_tests/comparisons/current_vs_previous_release.html

CANCELED - Re: FDIO Maintenance - 2021-02-05 1700 UTC to 2200 UTC

Vanessa Valderrama

We are going to reschedule maintenance due to the storm in Texas and to allow CSIT to finish up release reporting.

On Friday, February 5, 2021, Vanessa Valderrama <vvalderrama@...> wrote:

What:
  • Jenkins (sandbox and production)
  • Nexus
    • OS updates
    • Upgrade to 2.14.20-02
  • Jira
    • OS updates
    • Upgrade to 8.15
  • Gerrit
    • OS updates
When:  2021-02-05  1700 UTC to 2200  UTC

Impact:

Maintenance will require a reboot of each FD.io system. Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1600 UTC. Jobs will be terminated at 17:00 UTC.

The following systems will be unavailable during the maintenance window:
  •     Jenkins sandbox
  •     Jenkins production
  •     Nexus
  •     Jira
  •     Gerrit

Ole Troan to be my proxy for this week's FD.io TSC, Joel Halpern to chair

Edward Warnicke

Ole Troan has agreed to be my proxy for this week's FD.io TSC and Joel Halpern has agreed to chair.

Ed

Coverage for the 11th of February

Ray Kinsella

I am OOO tomorrow the 1th of February.

Fan Zhang will cover the FD.io TSC on my behalf.

Ray K

FDIO Maintenance - 2021-02-05 1700 UTC to 2200 UTC

  • Jenkins (sandbox and production)
  • Nexus
    • OS updates
    • Upgrade to 2.14.20-02
  • Jira
    • OS updates
    • Upgrade to 8.15
  • Gerrit
    • OS updates
When:  2021-02-05  1700 UTC to 2200  UTC

Impact:

Maintenance will require a reboot of each FD.io system. Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1600 UTC. Jobs will be terminated at 17:00 UTC.

The following systems will be unavailable during the maintenance window:
  •     Jenkins sandbox
  •     Jenkins production
  •     Nexus
  •     Jira
  •     Gerrit

Re: [vpp-dev] Scapy license in VPP

Vratko Polak -X (vrpolak - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco)

> we use scapy to create a separate pcap file

We also use Scapy data structures

to parse packets received from VPP

to verify they contain the correct values.

Example: [6].

> we need to use GPLv3 (which is compatible with both).

Only for programs such as VPP test framework

which link with both GPL (Scapy) and Apache (VPP PAPI).

But that includes also programs that depend

on Apache-licensed library only by mistake [7].

Vratko.

[6] https://github.com/FDio/vpp/blob/e988726cbfb1b1f618c4034aa16e41364f9c48a2/test/test_ip4.py#L160-L182

[7] https://github.com/FDio/csit/blob/624e580159dc056035d7e962582e86a000f8c3d6/GPL/traffic_scripts/send_ip_check_headers.py#L35