Date   

Re: TWS meeting agenda tomorrow 09:15am PST

Keith Burns <alagalah@...>
 

Hi folks,

Since David Jorm (who pretty much wrote the initial version of the ODL Security policy) is presenting to the TSC this Thu, we are cancelling this TWS meeting.

I'll make the agenda as CANCELLED for this week. 

Any thoughts on next week's topic? Anything folks would like to discuss, have a tutorial on? 



On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 11:01 AM Keith Burns <alagalah@...> wrote:
Hi there,

Please note that the TWS first meeting is tomorrow 15min after the VPP meeting.


First topic: Ed Warnicke will be presenting the OpenDaylight Security policy (as discussed at last TSC).



Re: "Tunnel" naming convention

Chris Luke
 

+1

 

From: tsc-bounces@... [mailto:tsc-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Keith Burns
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2016 2:40 PM
To: tsc@...; discuss@...
Subject: [tsc] "Tunnel" naming convention

 

Hello,

 

TSC: can I get 5min on the agenda this week to either give a readout on the below or minimally raise awareness the topic exists. 

 

I was meeting with John Lo last week about an overlay design issue which led to a discussion on configuration.

 

Currently we use fields like "src" and "dst" in the configuration of things like VXLAN and SR (segment routing). 

 

Note this is NOTa discussion about keys. Semantically what makes something unique is an implementation detail that is use case dependent IMHO and best left to another thread. 

 

What John suggested was renaming things as "local" and "remote". I think this has definite merit and the reason for the wide distro is it would be " nice" (but not mandatory) that fd.io wide we could agree on a convention. 

 

I believe such a change has a limited enough blast radius to be OK post vpp F0 this Friday, but would be nice to have consistent documentation for the VPP 16.06 release. 

 

Wanted to get some discussion going sooner rather than later. 

 

And with that, my administrivia checklist for the day is done and I can in good conscience get back to coding :)

 


"Tunnel" naming convention

Keith Burns <alagalah@...>
 

Hello,

TSC: can I get 5min on the agenda this week to either give a readout on the below or minimally raise awareness the topic exists. 

I was meeting with John Lo last week about an overlay design issue which led to a discussion on configuration.

Currently we use fields like "src" and "dst" in the configuration of things like VXLAN and SR (segment routing). 

Note this is NOTa discussion about keys. Semantically what makes something unique is an implementation detail that is use case dependent IMHO and best left to another thread. 

What John suggested was renaming things as "local" and "remote". I think this has definite merit and the reason for the wide distro is it would be " nice" (but not mandatory) that fd.io wide we could agree on a convention. 

I believe such a change has a limited enough blast radius to be OK post vpp F0 this Friday, but would be nice to have consistent documentation for the VPP 16.06 release. 

Wanted to get some discussion going sooner rather than later. 

And with that, my administrivia checklist for the day is done and I can in good conscience get back to coding :)


Re: TWS meeting agenda tomorrow 09:15am PST

Keith Burns <alagalah@...>
 



On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 11:01 AM Keith Burns <alagalah@...> wrote:
Hi there,

Please note that the TWS first meeting is tomorrow 15min after the VPP meeting.


First topic: Ed Warnicke will be presenting the OpenDaylight Security policy (as discussed at last TSC).



TWS meeting agenda tomorrow 09:15am PST

Keith Burns <alagalah@...>
 

Hi there,

Please note that the TWS first meeting is tomorrow 15min after the VPP meeting.


First topic: Ed Warnicke will be presenting the OpenDaylight Security policy (as discussed at last TSC).



Re: [discuss] fd.io Training/Hackfest EU

Edward Warnicke
 

Pierre,

      Thank you for volunteering, I've added you to the agenda :)

Ed

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 10:17 AM, Pierre Pfister (ppfister) <ppfister@...> wrote:
Thanks Ed,

Feedbacks are welcome and I guess we could start talking about the high-level format and content.
I can make a 5-10min preso/questions next TSC to propose something and get opinions.

Thanks,

- Pierre


Le 25 avr. 2016 à 16:12, Edward Warnicke <hagbard@...> a écrit :

Joel,

I think feedback is generally helpful :)

I'm happy to put something on the TSC agenda to discuss training feedback (and have done so).
That said, it might be highly productive for folks to comment via email as well :)

Ed

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 8:32 AM, Joel Halpern <joel.halpern@...> wrote:

This reminds me. Last week, I heard several concerns about the structure of the training, in particular that it left many of the attendees unable to follow much of the presentation.  Should we have a discussion of this on the TSC call Thursday?

 

Yours,

Joel

 

From: tsc-bounces@... [mailto:tsc-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Jerome Tollet (jtollet)
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2016 7:39 AM
To: tsc@...; Edward Warnicke
Subject: Re: [tsc] [discuss] fd.io Training/Hackfest EU

 

Hi Ed,

We have identified a place in Paris / France to run this event the week of May 30th. If people are coming from abroad, it might be convenient to start on Tuesday to let people travelling on Monday.

So one option could be to run it from May 31st until June 2nd.

Regards,

Jerome

 

 

De: Edward Warnicke <hagbard@...>

Objet: [discuss] fd.io Training/Hackfest EU

Date: 11 avril 2016 16:33:01 UTC+2

 

Last week we completed the first fd.io Training/Hackfest in San Jose.

 

Many thanks to instructors Dave Barach, Keith Burns, Damjan Marion, Cristian Dumitrescu, and Maciek Konstantynowicz for teaching and to everyone who attended.

 

There are teachers available in Europe the week of May 9 or May 23 for a European based

Training/Hackfest for fd.io.

 

What I'd like to do is start a conversation about dates/venues for our first Training/Hackfest in Europe.  Venue requirements are here:

 

 

Are there folks who would like to venues the week of May 9 or May 23 in Europe to host the event?

 

Lets discuss this in the TSC this week :)

 

Ed

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________
discuss mailing list
discuss@...
https://lists.fd.io/mailman/listinfo/discuss

 


_______________________________________________
tsc mailing list
tsc@...
https://lists.fd.io/mailman/listinfo/tsc



Re: [discuss] fd.io Training/Hackfest EU

Joel Halpern
 

That would seem very helpful.

Thank you,

Joel

 

From: Pierre Pfister (ppfister) [mailto:ppfister@...]
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2016 11:18 AM
To: Edward Warnicke
Cc: Joel Halpern; tsc@...
Subject: Re: [tsc] [discuss] fd.io Training/Hackfest EU

 

Thanks Ed,

 

Feedbacks are welcome and I guess we could start talking about the high-level format and content.

I can make a 5-10min preso/questions next TSC to propose something and get opinions.

 

Thanks,

 

- Pierre

 

 

Le 25 avr. 2016 à 16:12, Edward Warnicke <hagbard@...> a écrit :

 

Joel,

 

I think feedback is generally helpful :)

 

I'm happy to put something on the TSC agenda to discuss training feedback (and have done so).

That said, it might be highly productive for folks to comment via email as well :)

 

Ed

 

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 8:32 AM, Joel Halpern <joel.halpern@...> wrote:

This reminds me. Last week, I heard several concerns about the structure of the training, in particular that it left many of the attendees unable to follow much of the presentation.  Should we have a discussion of this on the TSC call Thursday?

 

Yours,

Joel

 

From: tsc-bounces@... [mailto:tsc-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Jerome Tollet (jtollet)
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2016 7:39 AM
To: tsc@...; Edward Warnicke
Subject: Re: [tsc] [discuss] fd.io Training/Hackfest EU

 

Hi Ed,

We have identified a place in Paris / France to run this event the week of May 30th. If people are coming from abroad, it might be convenient to start on Tuesday to let people travelling on Monday.

So one option could be to run it from May 31st until June 2nd.

Regards,

Jerome

 

 

De: Edward Warnicke <hagbard@...>

Objet: [discuss] fd.io Training/Hackfest EU

Date: 11 avril 2016 16:33:01 UTC+2

 

Last week we completed the first fd.io Training/Hackfest in San Jose.

 

Many thanks to instructors Dave Barach, Keith Burns, Damjan Marion, Cristian Dumitrescu, and Maciek Konstantynowicz for teaching and to everyone who attended.

 

There are teachers available in Europe the week of May 9 or May 23 for a European based

Training/Hackfest for fd.io.

 

What I'd like to do is start a conversation about dates/venues for our first Training/Hackfest in Europe.  Venue requirements are here:

 

 

Are there folks who would like to venues the week of May 9 or May 23 in Europe to host the event?

 

Lets discuss this in the TSC this week :)

 

Ed

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________
discuss mailing list
discuss@...
https://lists.fd.io/mailman/listinfo/discuss

 

 

_______________________________________________
tsc mailing list
tsc@...
https://lists.fd.io/mailman/listinfo/tsc

 


Re: [discuss] fd.io Training/Hackfest EU

Pierre Pfister (ppfister)
 

Thanks Ed,

Feedbacks are welcome and I guess we could start talking about the high-level format and content.
I can make a 5-10min preso/questions next TSC to propose something and get opinions.

Thanks,

- Pierre


Le 25 avr. 2016 à 16:12, Edward Warnicke <hagbard@...> a écrit :

Joel,

I think feedback is generally helpful :)

I'm happy to put something on the TSC agenda to discuss training feedback (and have done so).
That said, it might be highly productive for folks to comment via email as well :)

Ed

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 8:32 AM, Joel Halpern <joel.halpern@...> wrote:

This reminds me. Last week, I heard several concerns about the structure of the training, in particular that it left many of the attendees unable to follow much of the presentation.  Should we have a discussion of this on the TSC call Thursday?

 

Yours,

Joel

 

From: tsc-bounces@... [mailto:tsc-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Jerome Tollet (jtollet)
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2016 7:39 AM
To: tsc@...; Edward Warnicke
Subject: Re: [tsc] [discuss] fd.io Training/Hackfest EU

 

Hi Ed,

We have identified a place in Paris / France to run this event the week of May 30th. If people are coming from abroad, it might be convenient to start on Tuesday to let people travelling on Monday.

So one option could be to run it from May 31st until June 2nd.

Regards,

Jerome

 

 

De: Edward Warnicke <hagbard@...>

Objet: [discuss] fd.io Training/Hackfest EU

Date: 11 avril 2016 16:33:01 UTC+2

 

Last week we completed the first fd.io Training/Hackfest in San Jose.

 

Many thanks to instructors Dave Barach, Keith Burns, Damjan Marion, Cristian Dumitrescu, and Maciek Konstantynowicz for teaching and to everyone who attended.

 

There are teachers available in Europe the week of May 9 or May 23 for a European based

Training/Hackfest for fd.io.

 

What I'd like to do is start a conversation about dates/venues for our first Training/Hackfest in Europe.  Venue requirements are here:

 

 

Are there folks who would like to venues the week of May 9 or May 23 in Europe to host the event?

 

Lets discuss this in the TSC this week :)

 

Ed

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________
discuss mailing list
discuss@...
https://lists.fd.io/mailman/listinfo/discuss

 


_______________________________________________
tsc mailing list
tsc@...
https://lists.fd.io/mailman/listinfo/tsc


Re: [discuss] fd.io Training/Hackfest EU

Edward Warnicke
 

Joel,

I think feedback is generally helpful :)

I'm happy to put something on the TSC agenda to discuss training feedback (and have done so).
That said, it might be highly productive for folks to comment via email as well :)

Ed

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 8:32 AM, Joel Halpern <joel.halpern@...> wrote:

This reminds me. Last week, I heard several concerns about the structure of the training, in particular that it left many of the attendees unable to follow much of the presentation.  Should we have a discussion of this on the TSC call Thursday?

 

Yours,

Joel

 

From: tsc-bounces@... [mailto:tsc-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Jerome Tollet (jtollet)
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2016 7:39 AM
To: tsc@...; Edward Warnicke
Subject: Re: [tsc] [discuss] fd.io Training/Hackfest EU

 

Hi Ed,

We have identified a place in Paris / France to run this event the week of May 30th. If people are coming from abroad, it might be convenient to start on Tuesday to let people travelling on Monday.

So one option could be to run it from May 31st until June 2nd.

Regards,

Jerome

 

 

De: Edward Warnicke <hagbard@...>

Objet: [discuss] fd.io Training/Hackfest EU

Date: 11 avril 2016 16:33:01 UTC+2

 

Last week we completed the first fd.io Training/Hackfest in San Jose.

 

Many thanks to instructors Dave Barach, Keith Burns, Damjan Marion, Cristian Dumitrescu, and Maciek Konstantynowicz for teaching and to everyone who attended.

 

There are teachers available in Europe the week of May 9 or May 23 for a European based

Training/Hackfest for fd.io.

 

What I'd like to do is start a conversation about dates/venues for our first Training/Hackfest in Europe.  Venue requirements are here:

 

 

Are there folks who would like to venues the week of May 9 or May 23 in Europe to host the event?

 

Lets discuss this in the TSC this week :)

 

Ed

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________
discuss mailing list
discuss@...
https://lists.fd.io/mailman/listinfo/discuss

 



Re: [discuss] fd.io Training/Hackfest EU

Joel Halpern
 

This reminds me. Last week, I heard several concerns about the structure of the training, in particular that it left many of the attendees unable to follow much of the presentation.  Should we have a discussion of this on the TSC call Thursday?

 

Yours,

Joel

 

From: tsc-bounces@... [mailto:tsc-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Jerome Tollet (jtollet)
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2016 7:39 AM
To: tsc@...; Edward Warnicke
Subject: Re: [tsc] [discuss] fd.io Training/Hackfest EU

 

Hi Ed,

We have identified a place in Paris / France to run this event the week of May 30th. If people are coming from abroad, it might be convenient to start on Tuesday to let people travelling on Monday.

So one option could be to run it from May 31st until June 2nd.

Regards,

Jerome

 

 

De: Edward Warnicke <hagbard@...>

Objet: [discuss] fd.io Training/Hackfest EU

Date: 11 avril 2016 16:33:01 UTC+2

 

Last week we completed the first fd.io Training/Hackfest in San Jose.

 

Many thanks to instructors Dave Barach, Keith Burns, Damjan Marion, Cristian Dumitrescu, and Maciek Konstantynowicz for teaching and to everyone who attended.

 

There are teachers available in Europe the week of May 9 or May 23 for a European based

Training/Hackfest for fd.io.

 

What I'd like to do is start a conversation about dates/venues for our first Training/Hackfest in Europe.  Venue requirements are here:

 

 

Are there folks who would like to venues the week of May 9 or May 23 in Europe to host the event?

 

Lets discuss this in the TSC this week :)

 

Ed

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________
discuss mailing list
discuss@...
https://lists.fd.io/mailman/listinfo/discuss

 


Re: [discuss] fd.io Training/Hackfest EU

Jerome Tollet
 

Hi Ed,
We have identified a place in Paris / France to run this event the week of May 30th. If people are coming from abroad, it might be convenient to start on Tuesday to let people travelling on Monday.
So one option could be to run it from May 31st until June 2nd.
Regards,
Jerome

 
De: Edward Warnicke <hagbard@...>
Objet: [discuss] fd.io Training/Hackfest EU
Date: 11 avril 2016 16:33:01 UTC+2

Last week we completed the first fd.io Training/Hackfest in San Jose.

Many thanks to instructors Dave Barach, Keith Burns, Damjan Marion, Cristian Dumitrescu, and Maciek Konstantynowicz for teaching and to everyone who attended.

There are teachers available in Europe the week of May 9 or May 23 for a European based
Training/Hackfest for fd.io.

What I'd like to do is start a conversation about dates/venues for our first Training/Hackfest in Europe.  Venue requirements are here:


Are there folks who would like to venues the week of May 9 or May 23 in Europe to host the event?

Lets discuss this in the TSC this week :)

Ed




_______________________________________________
discuss mailing list
discuss@...
https://lists.fd.io/mailman/listinfo/discuss


Introducing David Jorm, security response process expert

Edward Warnicke
 

In keeping with my action item from the last TSC meeting, please meet David Jorm,
the security response process expert who helped OpenDaylight in formulating their
process.  He will be joining us at our next TSC meeting to assist us in formulating the 
fd.io Security Response Process.

Many thanks to David, for stepping up again to help :)

Ed


Re: [one-dev] ONE PTL call for nomination

Alberto Rodriguez-Natal <rodrigueznatal@...>
 

Sorry for missing the voting window, you'd have had my +1 :)

Congrats Florin! Well deserved

Alberto

On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 12:54 PM, Florin Coras <fcoras.lists@...> wrote:
Hello ONE committers, TSC members,
 
The nominations and election for ONE - PTL have ended and here are the results:
 
Nominees:
-        Florin Coras, fcoras@.... Election results: +2 (2 out of 3 committers voted)

Thereby, I’ll be the PTL for the ONE project. Looking forward to working with all of you!

The nominations and the election can be found here [1] and respectively here [2]. 

Regards, 
Florin


On Apr 14, 2016, at 3:06 AM, Florin Coras <fcoras.lists@...> wrote:

ONE committers,

Since ONE is now officially an fd.io project, we need to elect a Project Technical Lead (PTL). Candidates must be committers and must self nominate.

So, if you would like to stand as a candidate for ONE PTL and you are a ONE committer, please self nominate.

Nominations are open until April 17th 1:00 AM PST. After that, election will be held ending on April 21st 1:00 AM PST.

Thanks,
Florin


_______________________________________________
one-dev mailing list
one-dev@...
https://lists.fd.io/mailman/listinfo/one-dev



Re: ONE PTL call for nomination

Florin Coras
 

Hello ONE committers, TSC members,
 
The nominations and election for ONE - PTL have ended and here are the results:
 
Nominees:
-        Florin Coras, fcoras@.... Election results: +2 (2 out of 3 committers voted)

Thereby, I’ll be the PTL for the ONE project. Looking forward to working with all of you!

The nominations and the election can be found here [1] and respectively here [2]. 

Regards, 
Florin


On Apr 14, 2016, at 3:06 AM, Florin Coras <fcoras.lists@...> wrote:

ONE committers,

Since ONE is now officially an fd.io project, we need to elect a Project Technical Lead (PTL). Candidates must be committers and must self nominate.

So, if you would like to stand as a candidate for ONE PTL and you are a ONE committer, please self nominate.

Nominations are open until April 17th 1:00 AM PST. After that, election will be held ending on April 21st 1:00 AM PST.

Thanks,
Florin


Intel rep for 4/21 call

Venkatesan, Venky
 

Tim O’Driscoll (cc’d) will be Intel’s representative on today’s (4/21) Technical Steering Committee call.

 

Regards,

-Venky

 

Venky Venkatesan

Intel Corp.

Hillsboro, OR


VPP Sandbox: New project proposal

Pierre Pfister (ppfister)
 

Hello TSC,

I would like to propose a new fd.io project: VPP Sandbox
This project would focus on VPP extensions and help newcomers to get their projects known and code reviewed by VPP contributors.

More info can be found on the wiki page:
https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/VPPSandbox

Thanks,

- Pierre


Proxy for April 21 TSC meeting

Joel Halpern
 

As I will be in transit, Markus has my proxy for this meeting.

 

Thank you,

Joel


Re: [discuss] Proposed Technical Work Stream meeting for fd.io

Florin Coras
 

Hi Keith, 

Thanks a lot for handling this! Everything is fine with me, save for a small nit concerning the hour. As it stands, it has the potential to overlap two “standard, top-of-the-hour” meetings. Could we move it to 9:00 PST?

Thanks, 
Florin

On Apr 19, 2016, at 5:08 PM, Keith Burns <alagalah@...> wrote:

Folks,

As mentioned a few times, we thought it desirable to have a general forum for sharing ideas, concerns etc beyond individual project meetings and the TSC call.

The TWS is scoped at the fd.io level (i.e. multi-subproject). 

Generally anyone can propose an agenda, and in OpenDaylight this is managed via a wiki page where folks can edit the agenda section ala:


We can modulate as per our community’s needs.

How does Tuesday 09:30 PST/16:30 UTC (Duration: 60min) grab folks?

TSC, would you mind squeezing this onto the TSC agenda for this Thu ?




_______________________________________________
discuss mailing list
discuss@...
https://lists.fd.io/mailman/listinfo/discuss


Proposed Technical Work Stream meeting for fd.io

Keith Burns <alagalah@...>
 

Folks,

As mentioned a few times, we thought it desirable to have a general forum for sharing ideas, concerns etc beyond individual project meetings and the TSC call.

The TWS is scoped at the fd.io level (i.e. multi-subproject). 

Generally anyone can propose an agenda, and in OpenDaylight this is managed via a wiki page where folks can edit the agenda section ala:


We can modulate as per our community’s needs.

How does Tuesday 09:30 PST/16:30 UTC (Duration: 60min) grab folks?

TSC, would you mind squeezing this onto the TSC agenda for this Thu ?





Re: [vpp-dev] [honeycomb-dev] fd.io Honeycomb - PTL Call For Nominations

Keith Burns <alagalah@...>
 

Congrats dude!

Looking forward to working with you


From: <vpp-dev-bounces@...> on behalf of Mathieu Lemay <mlemay@...>
Date: Tuesday, April 12, 2016 at 7:36 AM
To: "Maros Marsalek -X (mmarsale - Pantheon Technologies SRO at Cisco)" <mmarsale@...>
Cc: "tsc@..." <tsc@...>, "honeycomb-dev@..." <honeycomb-dev@...>, vpp-dev <vpp-dev@...>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [honeycomb-dev] fd.io Honeycomb - PTL Call For Nominations

Congrats Maros ;)

On Apr 12, 2016 03:51, "Maros Marsalek -X (mmarsale - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco)" <mmarsale@...> wrote:

Hello Honeycomb committers, TSC members,

 

The nominations and election for Honeycomb - PTL have ended and here are the results:

 

Nominees:

-        Maros Marsalek, mmarsale@.... Election results: +5 (5 committers voted)

 

So I guess it's pretty clear and from now on, I (Maros Marsalek, mmarsale@...) will be the PTL for Honeycomb project.

 

The nominations and election can be found on HC mailing list:

https://lists.fd.io/pipermail/honeycomb-dev/2016-April/subject.html with subject “fd.io Honeycomb - PTL Call For Nominations”.

 

Best Regards,

Maros Marsalek

 

From: honeycomb-dev-bounces@... [mailto:honeycomb-dev-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Maros Marsalek -X (mmarsale - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco)
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2016 10:25 AM
To: honeycomb-dev@...
Subject: [honeycomb-dev] fd.io Honeycomb - PTL Call For Nominations

 

Hello Honeycomb committers,

 

Since Honeycomb is now officially an fd.io project, I would like to start the process of Project lead nomination & election.

Only existing Honeycomb committers can nominate themselves by replying to this email (reply-all).

 

Nominations are open until April 8th 1:00 AM PST.

After that, election will be held ending on April 12th 1:00 AM PST.

 

Best Regards,

Maros Marsalek


_______________________________________________
honeycomb-dev mailing list
honeycomb-dev@...
https://lists.fd.io/mailman/listinfo/honeycomb-dev
_______________________________________________ vpp-dev mailing list vpp-dev@... https://lists.fd.io/mailman/listinfo/vpp-dev

1621 - 1640 of 1726