Date

Re: FD.io Maintenance: 2019-05-28 @ 1700 UTC (10:00am PDT) - 2100 UTC (2:00pm PDT)

Vanessa Valderrama

The issues with the NSH_SFC and CICN jobs is resolved. These issues were not due to the upgrade, they just happened to be discovered during testing.

The jobs that weren't being configured properly in Jenkins were jobs that use {stream} and not {os} but were using the os-parameter to set the node type. These jobs have to have the node type hard coded.

https://gerrit.fd.io/r/19886
https://gerrit.fd.io/r/19887

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Jenkins testing is complete. We are seeing an issue with the correct node types being spun up for two CICN jobs and one NSH_SFC jobs.

Jenkins configuration and JJB configs look correct. All other CICN and NSH_SFC jobs tested passed.

We'll continue debugging these jobs tomorrow.

CICN:
https://jenkins.fd.io/view/cicn/job/cicn-libparc-docs-verify-master/
https://jenkins.fd.io/view/cicn/job/cicn-longbow-docs-verify-master/

NSH_SFC:
https://jenkins.fd.io/view/nsh_sfc/job/nsh_sfc-verify-docs-1807/

I'm still testing jobs in Jenkins but maintenance is complete and all systems are back up. If you experience any issues please open an RT ticket. Thank you for your patience.

Anton & Vanessa

Due to the amount of Jenkins data, we need to extend our maintenance window. We hope to have maintenance complete by 2200 UTC. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Maintenance is starting now.

Reminder of maintenance today.

We will not be upgrading Gerrit due to some known issues with 2.16.

FD.io system maintenance

  • OpenGrok OS updates

When:

2019-05-28 @ 1700 UTC (10:00am PDT) - 2100 UTC (2:00pm PDT)

Impact:

The maintenance will require a reboot of each FD.io system.  Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1700 UTC.  Please let us know if there are any jobs that cannot be aborted.  The following systems will be impacted:

  • Jenkins production
  • Nexus
  • Gerrit
  • JIRA
  • Sonar
  • OpenGrok
Note:

Jenkins sandbox will be upgraded Monday to allow time for testing prior to upgrading production

[...]

REMINDER: ONS Europe CFP Closes June 16th

Brandon Wick <bwick@...>

LFN Community,

Open Networking Summit is the industry’s premier open networking event, enabling collaborative development and innovation across enterprises, service providers and cloud providers and discussing the future of Open Source Networking, including SDN, NFV, VNF, CNF/Cloud Native Networking, Orchestration, Automation of Cloud, Core Network, Edge, Access & IoT services.

This year, ONS Europe is being held in Antwerp, Belgium, September 23 - 25th. Proposals to speak are now being accepted in the following tracks:
  • Track 1: Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Machine Learning (ML)
  • Track 2: IoT & Edge
  • Track 3: Cloud Native Networking
  • Track 4: 5G, Network Automation & DevOps
  • Track 5: Enterprise IT
The CFP closes June 16th, 11:59 PM PT, so we encourage interested speakers to start pulling together submissions now. Learn more and submit here.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Re: Request Representative from FD.io to serve on LFN Strategic Planning Committee

Ray Kinsella

Pushed to next week, when Ed returns from Kubecon.

Ray K