Date   

Seeking LFN Booth Demo Ideas for ONS Europe

Brandon Wick <bwick@...>
 

LFN Community:

We hope that you are planning to attend ONS Europe, September 23-25, in Antwerp, Belgium. Those in attendance at the last three ONS events will recall that we hosted an LF Networking Booth that showcased 8-10 compelling, community-driven demos from the LFN technical projects. See this blog post from ONS North America last April to learn more about the opportunity. 

We wanted to reach out now to each of the LFN project communities to let you know that there will be space for 8-10 networking demos inside the LFN booth again at ONS Europe and we are seeking demo ideas using the same process. Our goal is to show compelling uses of LFN networking project technology to solve real world industry challenges.

Demos that show cross-project elements (e.g. between LFN projects and other networking projects), that map to a specific industry use case, or are endorsed by a service provider are preferred. That said, we have some room for demos that highlight the good work and value-add from projects that don't necessarily meet these criteria. At least one demo slot will be made available for each LFN project (FD.io, ONAP, ODL, OPNFV, PNDA, SNAS, Tungsten Fabric) that submits a quality idea.  

Demos stations will again have storage space, a counter, backdrop, monitor, power, and Wi-Fi internet provided. There is no cost to host a standard demo in the LFN booth although additional power, internet, space, etc. may incur a cost. 

Here are the key dates to keep in mind:
  • July 10: Demo idea solicitation email sent to community lists
  • July 31: Demo ideas submissions due
  • August 14: Demos ideas reviewed, chosen, and notifications sent
  • September 23-25: Demos shown at ONS
To submit your demo idea for consideration, please collect and provide the following information:
  • Demo title (10 words max)
  • Brief demo description (200 words max)
  • List of demo manager(s) with contact information 
  • List of open source projects involved
  • List of companies involved
  • Any extra requirements or special considerations
Demo manager responsibilities include:
  • Creating the demo concept and actual demo to be shown
  • Responding promptly to requests for information
  • Meeting all demo preparation deadlines
  • Setting up and testing the demo pre-show and taking down post-show
  • Staffing the demo during ONS expo hours (along with other designated team members to help share the load)
  • Being willing to participate in media activities, e.g. photos, videos
ONS sponsor companies are of course welcome to host demos in their booths on the show floor as well. Please check with your ONS sponsorship manager to explore these opportunities. 

Submit your demo ideas by July 31st by sending an email to bwick@.... LFN staff leadership (Heather, Arpit) will then review the submissions, get back to submitters with questions/suggestions if needed, and recommend a final demo roster by August 14th. Send any questions you may have to bwick@....

We look forward to seeing your demo ideas.

Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960



REMINDER: LFN Staff Survey of the Community Due July 10th

Brandon Wick <bwick@...>
 

LFN Community,

In order to get a better sense for the community and how we could do our jobs better, we've pulled together a short LFN Staff Survey of the Community. We believe that the TSCs for each Project are in the best position to determine which lists they feel are most appropriate for distribution; so if there are additional lists which you believe should be included for your Project, please let us know.

The anonymous survey is 21 questions and should take about 5-10 minutes to complete. Please complete the survey by July 10th. Thank you for helping us improve LFN.


Best, 

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960



Ray Kinsella will be chairing Jul 11 FD.io TSC meeting

Edward Warnicke
 

Ray Kinsella will be chairing Jul 11 FD.io TSC meeting

I will not be able to attend due to travel.

Ed


Re: FD.io Jenkins Maintenance: 2019-07-02 @ 1800 UTC (11:00am PDT)

Vanessa Valderrama
 

Maintenance is complete. Please open a ticket at support.linuxfoundation.org if you have any issues.

Thank you,
Anton & Vanessa

On 07/02/2019 12:28 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Jenkins has been placed in shutdown mode 

Thank you,
Vanessa

On 07/01/2019 10:43 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

This is a reminder we have Jenkins maintenance tomorrow.

Thank you,
Vanessa

On 06/25/2019 02:49 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

What:

FD.io system maintenance

  • Jenkins
    • Enable additional logging
    • Update plug-ins
When:2019-07-02 @ 1800 UTC (11:00am PDT)

Impact:

This maintenance requires a reboot of Jenkins.  Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1800 UTC. We will terminate jobs at 1900 UTC.

  • Jenkins sandbox
  • Jenkins production




Re: FD.io Jenkins Maintenance: 2019-07-02 @ 1800 UTC (11:00am PDT)

Vanessa Valderrama
 

Jenkins has been placed in shutdown mode 

Thank you,
Vanessa

On 07/01/2019 10:43 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

This is a reminder we have Jenkins maintenance tomorrow.

Thank you,
Vanessa

On 06/25/2019 02:49 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

What:

FD.io system maintenance

  • Jenkins
    • Enable additional logging
    • Update plug-ins
When:2019-07-02 @ 1800 UTC (11:00am PDT)

Impact:

This maintenance requires a reboot of Jenkins.  Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1800 UTC. We will terminate jobs at 1900 UTC.

  • Jenkins sandbox
  • Jenkins production



Re: Florin Coras has my proxy for the 7/11 TSC meeting

Edward Warnicke
 

Thanks for letting us know :)

Ed

On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 9:58 AM Dave Barach via Lists.Fd.Io <dbarach=cisco.com@...> wrote:

Thanks... Dave

 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#1040): https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/message/1040
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/32272845/464962
Group Owner: tsc+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/unsub  [hagbard@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


Re: FD.io Jenkins Maintenance: 2019-07-02 @ 1800 UTC (11:00am PDT)

Vanessa Valderrama
 

This is a reminder we have Jenkins maintenance tomorrow.

Thank you,
Vanessa

On 06/25/2019 02:49 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

What:

FD.io system maintenance

  • Jenkins
    • Enable additional logging
    • Update plug-ins
When:2019-07-02 @ 1800 UTC (11:00am PDT)

Impact:

This maintenance requires a reboot of Jenkins.  Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1800 UTC. We will terminate jobs at 1900 UTC.

  • Jenkins sandbox
  • Jenkins production


Florin Coras has my proxy for the 7/11 TSC meeting

Dave Barach
 

Thanks... Dave

 


RESPONSE NEEDED: LFN Staff Survey of the Community

Brandon Wick <bwick@...>
 

LFN Community,

In order to get a better sense for the community and how we could do our jobs better, we've pulled together a short LFN Staff Survey of the Community. We believe that the TSCs for each Project are in the best position to determine which lists they feel are most appropriate for distribution; so if there are additional lists which you believe should be included for your Project, please let us know.

The anonymous survey is 21 questions and should take about 5-10 minutes to complete. Please complete the survey by July 10th. Thank you for helping us improve LFN.


Best, 

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960



Coverage for WW26

Ray Kinsella
 

Hi folks,

 

I am OOO this week travelling, Keith Wiles will be covering for me at the FD.io TSC.

 

Ray K

 


FD.io Jenkins Maintenance: 2019-07-02 @ 1800 UTC (11:00am PDT)

Vanessa Valderrama
 

What:

FD.io system maintenance

  • Jenkins
    • Enable additional logging
    • Update plug-ins
When:2019-07-02 @ 1800 UTC (11:00am PDT)

Impact:

This maintenance requires a reboot of Jenkins.  Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1800 UTC. We will terminate jobs at 1900 UTC.

  • Jenkins sandbox
  • Jenkins production


Re: Project proposal for opflex-vpp-renderer

George Zhao <george.zhao@...>
 

Congratulations.

I apologies for missing last TSC call, I was travelling and got confused by the time.

 

Thanks,

George

 

From: tsc@... [mailto:tsc@...] On Behalf Of via Lists.Fd.Io
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2019 6:42 PM
To: Ed Warnicke <hagbard@...>
Cc: tsc@...
Subject: Re: [tsc] Project proposal for opflex-vpp-renderer

 

Thanks Ed.

-Kiran

 

From: Ed Warnicke <hagbard@...>
Date: Thursday, June 13, 2019 at 8:34 AM
To: "Kiran Shastri (kishastr)" <
kishastr@...>
Cc: "
tsc@..." <tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [tsc] Project proposal for opflex-vpp-renderer

 

Congratulations to opflex on being accepted as a FD.io incubation project!

 

Ed

 

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 4:27 PM Kiran Shastri (kishastr) <kishastr@...> wrote:

Thanks Ed. Yes I can present on Jun 13th 8 AM PST(UTC -8). I will add slides to the project proposal before the meeting.

-Kiran

From: Ed Warnicke <hagbard@...>
Date: Wednesday, June 5, 2019 at 11:38 AM
To: "Kiran Shastri (kishastr)" <
kishastr@...>
Cc: "
tsc@..." <tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [tsc] Project proposal for opflex-vpp-renderer

 

Kishtar,

 

Would you like to present this to the TSC on Thu Jun 13th at 8am PT?

 

Ed

 

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 1:52 PM via Lists.Fd.Io <kishastr=cisco.com@...> wrote:

Please accept this proposal for opflex-vpp-renderer for consideration.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/opflex-vpp-renderer

Code is existing: https://github.com/opflex-vpp/vpp-renderer

Thanks,

Kiran

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#1017): https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/message/1017
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/31872067/464962
Group Owner: tsc+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/unsub  [hagbard@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


Re: Emergency Maintenance - FD.io Jenkins Slowness

Vanessa Valderrama
 

After analyzing Jenkins logs and graphs we determined the root cause of
the load issue may be a memory leak or a bug.

We are scheduling Jenkins maintenance next Tuesday to add additional
logging to help troubleshoot these issues in the future.

Thank you,
Anton and Vanessa

On 06/17/2019 02:58 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:
Jenkins is up. We're still determining the root cause and will monitor
closely.

Thank you,

Vanessa


On 06/17/2019 01:58 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:
We are placing Jenkins in shutdown mode to troubleshoot the slowness we
are experiencing.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you,

Vanessa


On 06/17/2019 01:32 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:
We're currently experience slowness and intermittent HTTPError: 504
Server Error: Gateway Time-outs on build jobs.

We are working on resolving this issue as quickly as possible.

Thank you,
Vanessa


Re: Emergency Maintenance - FD.io Jenkins Slowness

Vanessa Valderrama
 

Jenkins is up. We're still determining the root cause and will monitor
closely.

Thank you,

Vanessa

On 06/17/2019 01:58 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:
We are placing Jenkins in shutdown mode to troubleshoot the slowness we
are experiencing.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you,

Vanessa


On 06/17/2019 01:32 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:
We're currently experience slowness and intermittent HTTPError: 504
Server Error: Gateway Time-outs on build jobs.

We are working on resolving this issue as quickly as possible.

Thank you,
Vanessa


Emergency Maintenance - FD.io Jenkins Slowness

Vanessa Valderrama
 

We are placing Jenkins in shutdown mode to troubleshoot the slowness we
are experiencing.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you,

Vanessa

On 06/17/2019 01:32 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:
We're currently experience slowness and intermittent HTTPError: 504
Server Error: Gateway Time-outs on build jobs.

We are working on resolving this issue as quickly as possible.

Thank you,
Vanessa


FD.io Jenkins Slowness

Vanessa Valderrama
 

We're currently experience slowness and intermittent HTTPError: 504
Server Error: Gateway Time-outs on build jobs.

We are working on resolving this issue as quickly as possible.

Thank you,
Vanessa


Re: New Sweetcomb project committer nomination: Andrej Kozemcak

Ni, Hongjun
 

Thank you Ed and all TSC members! 

 

Congratulations to Andrej Kozemcak being a new Sweetcomb Committer!

Thank you for your great contribution to Sweetcomb Project!

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: Ed Warnicke [mailto:hagbard@...]
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2019 11:33 PM
To: Ed Warnicke (Cisco) <hagbard@...>
Cc: Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>; tsc@...
Subject: Re: [tsc] New Sweetcomb project committer nomination: Andrej Kozemcak

 

Congratulations to Andrej Kozemcak on being approved by the FD.io TSC today as a Sweetcomb committer!

 

Ed

 

On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 7:59 AM Edward Warnicke via Lists.Fd.Io <hagbard=gmail.com@...> wrote:

Added :)  It would be nice (though not required) if someone could come to the TSC meeting to sing his praises :)

 

Ed

 

On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 6:10 AM Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...> wrote:

Hi TSC members,

 

Could you help to add an agenda on next TSC meeting for New Sweetcomb project committer nomination: Andrej Kozemcak.

 

Please see attached email for the voting result from Sweetcomb committers.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#1023): https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/message/1023
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/32014582/464962
Group Owner: tsc+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/unsub  [hagbard@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#1025): https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/message/1025
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/32014582/464962
Group Owner: tsc+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/unsub  [hagbard@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


LAST CHANCE TO SUBMIT A TALK FOR ONS EUROPE

Brandon Wick <bwick@...>
 

LFN Community, 

The CFP for ONS Europe closes Sunday, June 16th, 11:59 PM PT. Learn more and submit here.
 
Open Networking Summit is the industry’s premier open networking event, enabling collaborative development and innovation across enterprises, service providers and cloud providers and discussing the future of Open Source Networking, including SDN, NFV, VNF, CNF/Cloud Native Networking, Orchestration, Automation of Cloud, Core Network, Edge, Access & IoT services.

This year, ONS Europe is being held in Antwerp, Belgium, September 23rd - 25th. Proposals to speak are now being accepted in the following tracks:
  • Track 1: Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Machine Learning (ML)
  • Track 2: IoT & Edge
  • Track 3: Cloud Native Networking 
  • Track 4: 5G, Network Automation & DevOps
  • Track 5: Enterprise IT
Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Best, 

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960



Re: Project proposal for opflex-vpp-renderer

Kiran Shastri (kishastr) <kishastr@...>
 

Thanks Ed.

-Kiran

 

From: Ed Warnicke <hagbard@...>
Date: Thursday, June 13, 2019 at 8:34 AM
To: "Kiran Shastri (kishastr)" <kishastr@...>
Cc: "tsc@..." <tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [tsc] Project proposal for opflex-vpp-renderer

 

Congratulations to opflex on being accepted as a FD.io incubation project!

 

Ed

 

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 4:27 PM Kiran Shastri (kishastr) <kishastr@...> wrote:

Thanks Ed. Yes I can present on Jun 13th 8 AM PST(UTC -8). I will add slides to the project proposal before the meeting.

-Kiran

From: Ed Warnicke <hagbard@...>
Date: Wednesday, June 5, 2019 at 11:38 AM
To: "Kiran Shastri (kishastr)" <kishastr@...>
Cc: "tsc@..." <tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [tsc] Project proposal for opflex-vpp-renderer

 

Kishtar,

 

Would you like to present this to the TSC on Thu Jun 13th at 8am PT?

 

Ed

 

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 1:52 PM via Lists.Fd.Io <kishastr=cisco.com@...> wrote:

Please accept this proposal for opflex-vpp-renderer for consideration.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/opflex-vpp-renderer

Code is existing: https://github.com/opflex-vpp/vpp-renderer

Thanks,

Kiran

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#1017): https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/message/1017
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/31872067/464962
Group Owner: tsc+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/unsub  [hagbard@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


LF Service desk ticketing changes

Trishan de Lanerolle
 

Service Desk migration

The Linux Foundation IT is migrating from email-based support system using Request Tracker to a web-based platform provided by Jira Service Desk. We are doing this in order to improve our level of service and your support experience.


The following are the primary improvements you should expect after migration is complete:


  1. Single Sign-On with other Linux Foundation sites, using the same LF ID credentials

  2. Integration with knowledge base articles to help identify possible self-service solutions

  3. Ability to track all your support requests across various projects via the same service desk interface

  4. Ability to see public issues created by other members of your project


The new service desk will become available to you starting Monday, June 17, 2019.


Any support requests that are already open in RT will be preserved and completed there, so there is no need to re-submit them again using the Jira Service Desk. Any new tickets created in RT will be automatically closed with a suggestion and instructions to use the new service desk procedure.


Starting Monday, June 17, please use the procedure described in the attached “Getting LF IT Help” document.

681 - 700 of 1727