Date

FINAL REMINDER: LFN Booth Demo Ideas for ONS Europe Due 7/31

Brandon Wick <bwick@...>

Submit your demo ideas by July 31st by sending an email to bwick@.... See instructions below.

LFN Community:

We hope that you are planning to attend ONS Europe, September 23-25, in Antwerp, Belgium. Those in attendance at the last three ONS events will recall that we hosted an LF Networking Booth that showcased 8-10 compelling, community-driven demos from the LFN technical projects. See this blog post from ONS North America last April to learn more about the opportunity.

We wanted to reach out now to each of the LFN project communities to let you know that there will be space for 8-10 networking demos inside the LFN booth again at ONS Europe and we are seeking demo ideas using the same process. Our goal is to show compelling uses of LFN networking project technology to solve real world industry challenges.

Demos that show cross-project elements (e.g. between LFN projects and other networking projects), that map to a specific industry use case, or are endorsed by a service provider are preferred. That said, we have some room for demos that highlight the good work and value-add from projects that don't necessarily meet these criteria. At least one demo slot will be made available for each LFN project (FD.io, ONAP, ODL, OPNFV, PNDA, SNAS, Tungsten Fabric) that submits a quality idea.

Demos stations will again have storage space, a counter, backdrop, monitor, power, and Wi-Fi internet provided. There is no cost to host a standard demo in the LFN booth although additional power, internet, space, etc. may incur a cost.

Here are the key dates to keep in mind:
  • July 10: Demo idea solicitation email sent to community lists
  • July 31: Demo ideas submissions due
  • August 14: Demos ideas reviewed, chosen, and notifications sent
  • September 23-25: Demos shown at ONS
To submit your demo idea for consideration, please collect and provide the following information:
  • Demo title (10 words max)
  • Brief demo description (200 words max)
  • List of demo manager(s) with contact information
  • List of open source projects involved
  • List of companies involved
  • Any extra requirements or special considerations
Demo manager responsibilities include:
  • Creating the demo concept and actual demo to be shown
  • Responding promptly to requests for information
  • Meeting all demo preparation deadlines
  • Setting up and testing the demo pre-show and taking down post-show
  • Staffing the demo during ONS expo hours (along with other designated team members to help share the load)
  • Being willing to participate in media activities, e.g. photos, videos
ONS sponsor companies are of course welcome to host demos in their booths on the show floor as well. Please check with your ONS sponsorship manager to explore these opportunities.

Submit your demo ideas by July 31st by sending an email to bwick@...LFN staff leadership will then review the submissions, get back to submitters with questions/suggestions if needed, and recommend a final demo roster by August 14th. Send any questions you may have to bwick@....

We look forward to seeing your demo ideas.

Re: FD.io Maintenance: 2019-07-30 @ 1700 UTC (10:00am PDT) - 2100 UTC (2:00pm PDT)

Vanessa Valderrama

Maintenance reminder

FD.io system maintenance

  • Nexus
    • OS updates
  • JIRA
    • OS updates
  • Sonar
    • OS updates
  • OpenGrok OS updates

When:

2019-07-30 @ 1700 UTC (10:00am PDT) - 2100 UTC (2:00pm PDT)

Impact:

The maintenance will require a reboot of each FD.io system. Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1600 UTC.  Please let us know if there are any jobs that cannot be aborted.  The following systems will be impacted:

  • Jenkins production
  • Jenkins sandbox
  • Nexus
  • Gerrit
  • JIRA
  • Sonar
  • OpenGrok

Submit your demo ideas by July 31st by sending an email to bwick@.... LFN staff leadership (Heather, Arpit) will then review the submissions, get back to submitters with questions/suggestions if needed, and recommend a final demo roster by August 14th. Send any questions you may have to bwick@....

We look forward to seeing your demo ideas.

REMINDER: LFN Booth Demo Ideas for ONS Europe Due 7/31

Edward Warnicke

FD.io folks,

We hope that you are planning to attend ONS Europe, September 23-25, in Antwerp, Belgium. Those in attendance at the last three ONS events will recall that we hosted an LF Networking Booth that showcased 8-10 compelling, community-driven demos from the LFN technical projects. See this blog post from ONS North America last April to learn more about the opportunity.

We wanted to reach out now to the FD.io community to let you know that there will be space for 8-10 networking demos inside the LFN booth again at ONS Europe and they are seeking demo ideas using the same process. The goal is to show compelling uses of networking project technology to solve real world industry challenges.

Demos that show cross-project elements (e.g. between LFN projects and other networking projects), that map to a specific industry use case, or are endorsed by a service provider are preferred. That said, there is some room for demos that highlight the good work and value-add from projects that don't necessarily meet these criteria. At least one demo slot will be made available for each LFN project (FD.io, ONAP, ODL, OPNFV, PNDA, SNAS, Tungsten Fabric) that submits a quality idea.

[...]

Ed

Re: FD.io Maintenance: 2019-07-30 @ 1700 UTC (10:00am PDT) - 2100 UTC (2:00pm PDT)

Vanessa Valderrama

ICYMI we have maintenance scheduled for July 30th

FD.io system maintenance

  • Nexus
    • OS updates
  • JIRA
    • OS updates
  • Sonar
    • OS updates
  • OpenGrok OS updates

When:

[...]

Re: FD.io Jenkins Issue

Vanessa Valderrama

We believe this issue is resolved. We had to manually push the jobs to
Jenkins as a solution for now.

We are still investigating the root cause.

I am re-triggering jobs that weren't triggered during this incident.

We are currently seeing an issue with Jenkins not displaying
https://jenkins.fd.io/view/vpp/ correctly. The scenario we are seeing is
the page spinning and displaying a random number of jobs to different users.

We apologize for the inconvenience. We are investigating this issue and
will have it resolved as quickly as possible.

FD.io Jenkins Issue

Vanessa Valderrama

We are currently seeing an issue with Jenkins not displaying
https://jenkins.fd.io/view/vpp/ correctly. The scenario we are seeing is
the page spinning and displaying a random number of jobs to different users.

We apologize for the inconvenience. We are investigating this issue and
will have it resolved as quickly as possible.

Coverage for the FD.io TSC

Ray Kinsella

Hi folks,

I am on PTO this week.

Keith Wiles has kindly agreed to cover the FD.io TSC.

FD.io Emergency JIRA Maintenance: 2019-07-11 @ 1700 UTC (10:00am PDT)

JIRA emergency maintenance to upgrade to the latest version

When:

2019-07-11 @ 1700 UTC (10:00am PDT)

Impact:
This maintenance requires a restart of JIRA. The expected downtime is 30 minutes.

Why:
JIRA security advisory issued a critical security vulnerability today

DUE Friday, July 12 - CFP for KubeCon + CloudNativeCon San Diego (Nov 18-21, 2019)

Trishan de Lanerolle

FYI: