Date

Re: [vpp-dev] FD.io - Gerrit 2.16 Changes

Vratko Polak -X (vrpolak - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco)

Hi Klement.

Using
%private avoids triggering verify jobs,

and you can use UI to set the desired state after that.

Based on my testing [0], "Unmark private" action triggers

verify jobs if and only if "fd.io JJB" is in reviewers list

(same as with "recheck" comment).

From what I can see, Jenkins allows some tweaking

using "Exclude WIP Changes" flag in trigger configuration,

but I do not see any support for that flag in Jenkins Job Builder.

Vratko.

[0] https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/csit/+/20983

Submit your demo ideas by July 31st by sending an email to bwick@.... LFN staff leadership (Heather, Arpit) will then review the submissions, get back to submitters with questions/suggestions if needed, and recommend a final demo roster by August 14th. Send any questions you may have to bwick@....

We look forward to seeing your demo ideas.

REMINDER: LFN Booth Demo Ideas for ONS Europe Due 7/31

Edward Warnicke

FD.io folks,

We hope that you are planning to attend ONS Europe, September 23-25, in Antwerp, Belgium. Those in attendance at the last three ONS events will recall that we hosted an LF Networking Booth that showcased 8-10 compelling, community-driven demos from the LFN technical projects. See this blog post from ONS North America last April to learn more about the opportunity.

We wanted to reach out now to the FD.io community to let you know that there will be space for 8-10 networking demos inside the LFN booth again at ONS Europe and they are seeking demo ideas using the same process. The goal is to show compelling uses of networking project technology to solve real world industry challenges.

Demos that show cross-project elements (e.g. between LFN projects and other networking projects), that map to a specific industry use case, or are endorsed by a service provider are preferred. That said, there is some room for demos that highlight the good work and value-add from projects that don't necessarily meet these criteria. At least one demo slot will be made available for each LFN project (FD.io, ONAP, ODL, OPNFV, PNDA, SNAS, Tungsten Fabric) that submits a quality idea.

[...]

Ed

Re: FD.io Maintenance: 2019-07-30 @ 1700 UTC (10:00am PDT) - 2100 UTC (2:00pm PDT)

Vanessa Valderrama

ICYMI we have maintenance scheduled for July 30th

FD.io system maintenance

  • Nexus
    • OS updates
  • JIRA
    • OS updates
  • Sonar
    • OS updates
  • OpenGrok OS updates

When:

[...]

Re: FD.io Jenkins Issue

Vanessa Valderrama

We believe this issue is resolved. We had to manually push the jobs to
Jenkins as a solution for now.

We are still investigating the root cause.

I am re-triggering jobs that weren't triggered during this incident.

We are currently seeing an issue with Jenkins not displaying
https://jenkins.fd.io/view/vpp/ correctly. The scenario we are seeing is
the page spinning and displaying a random number of jobs to different users.

We apologize for the inconvenience. We are investigating this issue and
will have it resolved as quickly as possible.

FD.io Jenkins Issue

Vanessa Valderrama

We are currently seeing an issue with Jenkins not displaying
https://jenkins.fd.io/view/vpp/ correctly. The scenario we are seeing is
the page spinning and displaying a random number of jobs to different users.

We apologize for the inconvenience. We are investigating this issue and
will have it resolved as quickly as possible.

Coverage for the FD.io TSC

Ray Kinsella

Hi folks,

I am on PTO this week.

Keith Wiles has kindly agreed to cover the FD.io TSC.

FD.io Emergency JIRA Maintenance: 2019-07-11 @ 1700 UTC (10:00am PDT)

JIRA emergency maintenance to upgrade to the latest version

When:

2019-07-11 @ 1700 UTC (10:00am PDT)

Impact:
This maintenance requires a restart of JIRA. The expected downtime is 30 minutes.

Why:
JIRA security advisory issued a critical security vulnerability today

DUE Friday, July 12 - CFP for KubeCon + CloudNativeCon San Diego (Nov 18-21, 2019)

Trishan de Lanerolle

FYI: