Date   

Re: Project Proposal for uDPI

Edward Warnicke
 

Hongjun,

You guys are eligible for project creation review starting at the Aug 21 TSC meeting I believe (based on sending the notification to the TSC on Aug 8) ... when would you like to schedule for that Thu's TSC meeting, or a subsequent one?

Ed

On Thu, Aug 8, 2019 at 8:11 PM Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...> wrote:

Hello FD.io TSCs

 

Please accept this project proposal for uDPI for consideration.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/uDPI

 

So far, this project has 11 founders and 15 initial committers from

Intel, ZTE, China Telecom, HuachenTel, Inspur, Yxlink, Sunyainfo, Tencent, China Unicom, Huawei, QingCloud.

 

If possible, I would like to present this on TSC meeting.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#1070): https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/message/1070
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/32805806/464962
Group Owner: tsc+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/unsub  [hagbard@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


Re: [vpp-dev] Project Proposal for uDPI

Vratko Polak -X (vrpolak - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco)
 

>> uDPI

> microDPI


Universal Deep Packet Inspection is the new project here.

Would it make sense to use UDPI as its abbreviation

(e.g. capital U, to distinguish from "micro")?


Vratko.



From: tsc@... <tsc@...> on behalf of Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 03:47
To: Ni, Hongjun; Alexey; tsc@...
Cc: vpp-dev@...; Wang, Xiang W; Hong, Yang A; Chang, Harry; gu.jian1@...; Shan Jianghua; Zhang Yang; Li Xingfu; Wu Shuai; Xia Yuying; Fan Chenggang; Gao Feng; Liu Zhong; Zhao Yong; Chen Haiquan
Subject: Re: [tsc] [vpp-dev] Project Proposal for uDPI
 

Hi Alexey and all,

 

Alexey and I had a discussion offline.

It seems that we mentioned two different projects except the same project name.

 

The project Alexey mentioned is “microDPI packet inspection for network analytics”.

It is developed based on Machine Learning and Python language, using GPL3.0 License.

Last activity for this project is 10.04.2017, which is 2 years ago. That is why Alexey said it is died.

It supports six specific protocols/applications.

 

The project we proposed here is “Universal Deep Packet Inspection”.

It is developed based on industry regex matching library, VPP, and C language, using Apache 2.0 License.

We plan to support most industry network protocols/applications.

 

Both have different scopes, features, implementations and Licenses.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: vpp-dev@... [mailto:vpp-dev@...] On Behalf Of Ni, Hongjun
Sent: Friday, August 9, 2019 10:03 PM
To: Alexey <devel-net-ne-vlezay80@...>; tsc@...
Cc: vpp-dev@...; Wang, Xiang W <xiang.w.wang@...>; Hong, Yang A <yang.a.hong@...>; Chang, Harry <harry.chang@...>; gu.jian1@...; Shan Jianghua <shanjiangh@...>; Zhang Yang <zhangy.yun@...>; Li Xingfu <lixingfu@...>; Wu Shuai <wushuai@...>; Xia Yuying <yuyingxia@...>; Fan Chenggang <fanchenggang@...>; Gao Feng <davidfgao@...>; Liu Zhong <liuzhong1@...>; Zhao Yong <zhaoyong11@...>; Chen Haiquan <oc@...>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] Project Proposal for uDPI

 

Hi Alexey,

 

Could you give some thoughts on this?

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: vpp-dev@... [mailto:vpp-dev@...] On Behalf Of Alexey
Sent: Friday, August 9, 2019 6:54 PM
To: Ni, Hongjun <
hongjun.ni@...>; tsc@...
Cc:
vpp-dev@...; Wang, Xiang W <xiang.w.wang@...>; Hong, Yang A <yang.a.hong@...>; Chang, Harry <harry.chang@...>; gu.jian1@...; Shan Jianghua <shanjiangh@...>; Zhang Yang <zhangy.yun@...>; Li Xingfu <lixingfu@...>; Wu Shuai <wushuai@...>; Xia Yuying <yuyingxia@...>; Fan Chenggang <fanchenggang@...>; Gao Feng <davidfgao@...>; Liu Zhong <liuzhong1@...>; Zhao Yong <zhaoyong11@...>; Chen Haiquan <oc@...>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] Project Proposal for uDPI

 

udpi is died

 

 

09.08.2019, 04:11, "Ni, Hongjun" <hongjun.ni@...>:

Hello FD.io TSCs

 

Please accept this project proposal for uDPI for consideration.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/uDPI

 

So far, this project has 11 founders and 15 initial committers from

Intel, ZTE, China Telecom, HuachenTel, Inspur, Yxlink, Sunyainfo, Tencent, China Unicom, Huawei, QingCloud.

 

If possible, I would like to present this on TSC meeting.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

,

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#13684): https://lists.fd.io/g/vpp-dev/message/13684
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/32805807/675634
Group Owner: vpp-dev+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/vpp-dev/unsub [devel-net-ne-vlezay80@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


Re: [vpp-dev] Project Proposal for uDPI

Ni, Hongjun
 

Hi Alexey and all,

 

Alexey and I had a discussion offline.

It seems that we mentioned two different projects except the same project name.

 

The project Alexey mentioned is “microDPI packet inspection for network analytics”.

It is developed based on Machine Learning and Python language, using GPL3.0 License.

Last activity for this project is 10.04.2017, which is 2 years ago. That is why Alexey said it is died.

It supports six specific protocols/applications.

 

The project we proposed here is “Universal Deep Packet Inspection”.

It is developed based on industry regex matching library, VPP, and C language, using Apache 2.0 License.

We plan to support most industry network protocols/applications.

 

Both have different scopes, features, implementations and Licenses.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: vpp-dev@... [mailto:vpp-dev@...] On Behalf Of Ni, Hongjun
Sent: Friday, August 9, 2019 10:03 PM
To: Alexey <devel-net-ne-vlezay80@...>; tsc@...
Cc: vpp-dev@...; Wang, Xiang W <xiang.w.wang@...>; Hong, Yang A <yang.a.hong@...>; Chang, Harry <harry.chang@...>; gu.jian1@...; Shan Jianghua <shanjiangh@...>; Zhang Yang <zhangy.yun@...>; Li Xingfu <lixingfu@...>; Wu Shuai <wushuai@...>; Xia Yuying <yuyingxia@...>; Fan Chenggang <fanchenggang@...>; Gao Feng <davidfgao@...>; Liu Zhong <liuzhong1@...>; Zhao Yong <zhaoyong11@...>; Chen Haiquan <oc@...>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] Project Proposal for uDPI

 

Hi Alexey,

 

Could you give some thoughts on this?

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: vpp-dev@... [mailto:vpp-dev@...] On Behalf Of Alexey
Sent: Friday, August 9, 2019 6:54 PM
To: Ni, Hongjun <
hongjun.ni@...>; tsc@...
Cc:
vpp-dev@...; Wang, Xiang W <xiang.w.wang@...>; Hong, Yang A <yang.a.hong@...>; Chang, Harry <harry.chang@...>; gu.jian1@...; Shan Jianghua <shanjiangh@...>; Zhang Yang <zhangy.yun@...>; Li Xingfu <lixingfu@...>; Wu Shuai <wushuai@...>; Xia Yuying <yuyingxia@...>; Fan Chenggang <fanchenggang@...>; Gao Feng <davidfgao@...>; Liu Zhong <liuzhong1@...>; Zhao Yong <zhaoyong11@...>; Chen Haiquan <oc@...>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] Project Proposal for uDPI

 

udpi is died

 

 

09.08.2019, 04:11, "Ni, Hongjun" <hongjun.ni@...>:

Hello FD.io TSCs

 

Please accept this project proposal for uDPI for consideration.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/uDPI

 

So far, this project has 11 founders and 15 initial committers from

Intel, ZTE, China Telecom, HuachenTel, Inspur, Yxlink, Sunyainfo, Tencent, China Unicom, Huawei, QingCloud.

 

If possible, I would like to present this on TSC meeting.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

,

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#13684): https://lists.fd.io/g/vpp-dev/message/13684
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/32805807/675634
Group Owner: vpp-dev+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/vpp-dev/unsub [devel-net-ne-vlezay80@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


Re: [vpp-dev] Project Proposal for uDPI

Алексей Болдырев <devel-net-ne-vlezay80@...>
 

udpi is died


09.08.2019, 04:11, "Ni, Hongjun" <hongjun.ni@...>:

Hello FD.io TSCs

 

Please accept this project proposal for uDPI for consideration.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/uDPI

 

So far, this project has 11 founders and 15 initial committers from

Intel, ZTE, China Telecom, HuachenTel, Inspur, Yxlink, Sunyainfo, Tencent, China Unicom, Huawei, QingCloud.

 

If possible, I would like to present this on TSC meeting.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

,

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#13684): https://lists.fd.io/g/vpp-dev/message/13684
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/32805807/675634
Group Owner: vpp-dev+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/vpp-dev/unsub [devel-net-ne-vlezay80@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


LFN DDF + Plugfest Report (June 2019)

Brandon Wick <bwick@...>
 

LFN Community,

We wanted to let you know that last week we published the LFN DDF + Plugfest Report (June 2019) on lfnetworking.org here: https://www.lfnetworking.org/publications/2019/08/05/lfn-ddf-and-plugfest-report-june-2019/. We encourage you to read the report and share it with your various project teams. We're still working on securing the dates/location for the next LFN DDF + Plugfest and hope to announce that in the coming weeks. 

Please let us know directly if you have any questions or comments. Thanks!

Best, 

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960



Re: [vpp-dev] Project Proposal for uDPI

Ni, Hongjun
 

Hi Alexey,

 

Could you give some thoughts on this?

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: vpp-dev@... [mailto:vpp-dev@...] On Behalf Of Alexey
Sent: Friday, August 9, 2019 6:54 PM
To: Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>; tsc@...
Cc: vpp-dev@...; Wang, Xiang W <xiang.w.wang@...>; Hong, Yang A <yang.a.hong@...>; Chang, Harry <harry.chang@...>; gu.jian1@...; Shan Jianghua <shanjiangh@...>; Zhang Yang <zhangy.yun@...>; Li Xingfu <lixingfu@...>; Wu Shuai <wushuai@...>; Xia Yuying <yuyingxia@...>; Fan Chenggang <fanchenggang@...>; Gao Feng <davidfgao@...>; Liu Zhong <liuzhong1@...>; Zhao Yong <zhaoyong11@...>; Chen Haiquan <oc@...>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] Project Proposal for uDPI

 

udpi is died

 

 

09.08.2019, 04:11, "Ni, Hongjun" <hongjun.ni@...>:

Hello FD.io TSCs

 

Please accept this project proposal for uDPI for consideration.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/uDPI

 

So far, this project has 11 founders and 15 initial committers from

Intel, ZTE, China Telecom, HuachenTel, Inspur, Yxlink, Sunyainfo, Tencent, China Unicom, Huawei, QingCloud.

 

If possible, I would like to present this on TSC meeting.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

,

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#13684): https://lists.fd.io/g/vpp-dev/message/13684
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/32805807/675634
Group Owner: vpp-dev+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/vpp-dev/unsub [devel-net-ne-vlezay80@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


Project Proposal for uDPI

Ni, Hongjun
 

Hello FD.io TSCs

 

Please accept this project proposal for uDPI for consideration.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/uDPI

 

So far, this project has 11 founders and 15 initial committers from

Intel, ZTE, China Telecom, HuachenTel, Inspur, Yxlink, Sunyainfo, Tencent, China Unicom, Huawei, QingCloud.

 

If possible, I would like to present this on TSC meeting.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun


Proxy for next week's TSC meeting: Florin Coras

Dave Barach
 

Folks,

 

I’ll be on PTO a week from today. Florin has kindly volunteered to act as my proxy.

 

Thanks... Dave


Now Open: LFN Unconference Track at ONS Europe

Brandon Wick <bwick@...>
 

LFN Technical Communities, 

For those planning to attend ONS Europe, we wanted to let you you that once again LF Networking will be hosting an LFN Unconference Track throughout the event. This is a meeting space for projects in the LF Networking initiative for project work, topic discussions, and small-team breakouts.

We call this an “unconference” because it’s less about pre-arranged formal presentations, and instead allows for discussions to “spring up” before the event or at the event itself. Unconference sessions should be focused on interaction and collaboration between attendees. 

If you work in any of the LF Networking project communities, we welcome you to add your topics/ideas to the unconference wiki and use this meeting space for teamwork throughout the event.

Please add your initial unconference meeting ideas by Friday. August 16th. A schedule will be published the following week with some slots held for on-site programming. Learn more on the ONS website here and add your topics to the LFN Unconference wiki page here

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960



Re: [vpp-dev] FD.io - Gerrit 2.16 Changes

Vratko Polak -X (vrpolak - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco)
 

Hi Klement.

Using
%private avoids triggering verify jobs,

and you can use UI to set the desired state after that.

 

Based on my testing [0], "Unmark private" action triggers

verify jobs if and only if "fd.io JJB" is in reviewers list

(same as with "recheck" comment).

 

From what I can see, Jenkins allows some tweaking

using "Exclude WIP Changes" flag in trigger configuration,

but I do not see any support for that flag in Jenkins Job Builder.

 

Vratko.

 

[0] https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/csit/+/20983

 

From: vpp-dev@... <vpp-dev@...> On Behalf Of Klement Sekera via Lists.Fd.Io
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2019 4:29 PM
To: Vanessa Valderrama <vvalderrama@...>; ci-management-dev@...; cicn-dev@...; csit-dev@...; deb-dpdk@...; discuss@...; dmm-dev@...; govpp-dev@...; hc2vpp@...; honeycomb-dev@...; infra-container@...; infra-steering@...; nsh_sfc-dev@...; odp4vpp-dev@...; one-dev@...; p4vpp-dev@...; pma-tools-dev@...; puppet-fdio@...; rpm_dpdk@...; sweetcomb-dev@...; tldk-dev@...; trex-dev@...; tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; jvpp-dev@...; hicn-dev@...
Cc: vpp-dev@...
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] FD.io - Gerrit 2.16 Changes

 

Hi Vanessa,

 

I pushed a couple of changes via your suggested

 

git push origin HEAD:refs/for/master%wip

 

and I noticed that on all of these the verify jobs were (attempted to) run. One of the advantages of draft changes is that it doesn’t eat resources for pointless verify jobs.

 

Thanks,

Klement

 

 

Changes that will happen with Gerrit:

1) The 'New UI' for Gerrit will become the default UI

2) The Draft work flow is removed and replaced with 'Work in Progress'
aka 'WIP' and 'Private' workflows. Unfortunately git-review does not
support either of these workflows directly. Utilizing them means either
pushing your changes the manual way for either system or pushing them up
with git-review and then marking the change via the UI into either of
the workflows.

To push a private change you may do so as follows:
git push origin HEAD:refs/for/master%private

To pull it out of private you may do so as follows:
git push origin HEAD:refs/for/master%remove-private

To push a WIP you may do so as follows:
git push origin HEAD:refs/for/master%wip

To mark it ready for review you may do so as follows:
git push origin HEAD:refs/for/master%ready

Once a change is in either private or WIP state it does not switch the
change to a ready state until the current state has been removed.

In both cases, the state can be set via the UI by selecting the tripple
dot menu option on the change and selecting the appropriate option.

To remove WIP state press the 'START REVIEW' button. To remove the
private state you must do so via the menu.


NOTE: We are not moving to Gerrit 3 at this time. That is on the road
map but we need to come to the latest 2.x as we have to do various
migrations that are only available at the 2.16 level before we can move
to Gerrit 3.

Thank you,
Vanessa


Re: [discuss] FD.io Maintenance: 2019-07-30 @ 1700 UTC (10:00am PDT) - 2100 UTC (2:00pm PDT)

Vratko Polak -X (vrpolak - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco)
 

> If you experience any issues please open a ticket at support.linuxfoundation.org.

 

Executors for ci-management jjb jobs are not available, opened [3].

 

[3] https://jira.linuxfoundation.org/servicedesk/customer/portal/2/IT-17012

 

From: discuss@... <discuss@...> On Behalf Of Vanessa Valderrama
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 8:58 PM
To: tsc@...; discuss@...; infra-steering@...; vpp-dev@...; csit-dev@...; Ed Kern <ejkern@...>; Anton Baranov <abaranov@...>; Trishan de Lanerolle <tdelanerolle@...>
Subject: Re: [discuss] FD.io Maintenance: 2019-07-30 @ 1700 UTC (10:00am PDT) - 2100 UTC (2:00pm PDT)

 

Maintenance is complete. All systems are now available. We'll be doing some additional testing and monitoring throughout the day. If you experience any issues please open a ticket at support.linuxfoundation.org.

Thank you,
Vanessa

On 07/30/2019 12:01 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Starting maintenance

 

On 07/30/2019 11:02 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Jenkins has been placed in shutdown mode for maintenance

 

 

On 07/29/2019 10:29 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Maintenance reminder

 

On 07/25/2019 04:09 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

What:

FD.io system maintenance

  • Jenkins
    • OS updates
    • Upgrade from 2.164.3 to 2.176.2
    • Update plug-ins
    • Memory upgrade
  • Nexus
    • OS updates
  • Gerrit
    • OS updates
    • Upgrade from 2.14.6 to 2.16
  • JIRA
    • OS updates
  • Sonar
    • OS updates
  • OpenGrok OS updates

When:

2019-07-30 @ 1700 UTC (10:00am PDT) - 2100 UTC (2:00pm PDT)

Impact:

The maintenance will require a reboot of each FD.io system. Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1600 UTC.  Please let us know if there are any jobs that cannot be aborted.  The following systems will be impacted:

  • Jenkins production
  • Jenkins sandbox
  • Nexus
  • Gerrit
  • JIRA
  • Sonar
  • OpenGrok

 

 

 

 

 


FD.io - Gerrit 2.16 Changes

Vanessa Valderrama
 

Changes that will happen with Gerrit:

1) The 'New UI' for Gerrit will become the default UI

2) The Draft work flow is removed and replaced with 'Work in Progress'
aka 'WIP' and 'Private' workflows. Unfortunately git-review does not
support either of these workflows directly. Utilizing them means either
pushing your changes the manual way for either system or pushing them up
with git-review and then marking the change via the UI into either of
the workflows.

To push a private change you may do so as follows:
git push origin HEAD:refs/for/master%private

To pull it out of private you may do so as follows:
git push origin HEAD:refs/for/master%remove-private

To push a WIP you may do so as follows:
git push origin HEAD:refs/for/master%wip

To mark it ready for review you may do so as follows:
git push origin HEAD:refs/for/master%ready

Once a change is in either private or WIP state it does not switch the
change to a ready state until the current state has been removed.

In both cases, the state can be set via the UI by selecting the tripple
dot menu option on the change and selecting the appropriate option.

To remove WIP state press the 'START REVIEW' button. To remove the
private state you must do so via the menu.

NOTE: We are not moving to Gerrit 3 at this time. That is on the road
map but we need to come to the latest 2.x as we have to do various
migrations that are only available at the 2.16 level before we can move
to Gerrit 3.

Thank you,
Vanessa


Re: FD.io Maintenance: 2019-07-30 @ 1700 UTC (10:00am PDT) - 2100 UTC (2:00pm PDT)

Vanessa Valderrama
 

Apparently there was a change to the Draft work flow in Gerrit 2.16. I apologize for not providing this information sooner. i missed a team discussion that addressed this change.

The Draft work flow is removed and replaced with 'Work in Progress'
aka 'WIP' and 'Private' workflows. Unfortunately git-review does not
support either of these workflows directly. Utilizing them means either
pushing your changes the manual way for either system or pushing them up
with git-review and then marking the change via the UI into either of
the workflows.

To push a private change you may do so as follows:

git push origin HEAD:refs/for/master%private

To pull it out of private you may do so as follows:

git push origin HEAD:refs/for/master%remove-private

To push a WIP you may do so as follows:

git push origin HEAD:refs/for/master%wip

To mark it ready for review you may do so as follows:

git push origin HEAD:refs/for/master%ready

Once a change is in either private or WIP state it does not switch the
change to a ready state until the current state has been removed.

In both cases, the state can be set via the UI by selecting the tripple
dot menu option on the change and selecting the appropriate option.

To remove WIP state press the 'START REVIEW' button. To remove the
private state you must do so via the menu.

Thank you,
Vanessa

On 07/30/2019 02:37 PM, Florin Coras wrote:
I definitely like the new UI. But now I’m getting:

"! [remote rejected]     HEAD -> refs/drafts/master (draft workflow is disabled)

Did something change?

Thanks, 
Florin

On Jul 30, 2019, at 11:57 AM, Vanessa Valderrama <vvalderrama@...> wrote:

Maintenance is complete. All systems are now available. We'll be doing some additional testing and monitoring throughout the day. If you experience any issues please open a ticket at support.linuxfoundation.org.

Thank you,
Vanessa

On 07/30/2019 12:01 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Starting maintenance


On 07/30/2019 11:02 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Jenkins has been placed in shutdown mode for maintenance



On 07/29/2019 10:29 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Maintenance reminder


On 07/25/2019 04:09 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

What:

FD.io system maintenance

  • Nexus
    • OS updates
  • JIRA
    • OS updates
  • Sonar
    • OS updates
  • OpenGrok OS updates

When:

2019-07-30 @ 1700 UTC (10:00am PDT) - 2100 UTC (2:00pm PDT)

Impact:

The maintenance will require a reboot of each FD.io system. Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1600 UTC.  Please let us know if there are any jobs that cannot be aborted.  The following systems will be impacted:

  • Jenkins production
  • Jenkins sandbox
  • Nexus
  • Gerrit
  • JIRA
  • Sonar
  • OpenGrok





-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#1062): https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/message/1062
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/32603363/675152
Group Owner: tsc+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/unsub  [fcoras.lists@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-



Re: FD.io Maintenance: 2019-07-30 @ 1700 UTC (10:00am PDT) - 2100 UTC (2:00pm PDT)

Florin Coras
 

I definitely like the new UI. But now I’m getting:

"! [remote rejected]     HEAD -> refs/drafts/master (draft workflow is disabled)

Did something change?

Thanks, 
Florin

On Jul 30, 2019, at 11:57 AM, Vanessa Valderrama <vvalderrama@...> wrote:

Maintenance is complete. All systems are now available. We'll be doing some additional testing and monitoring throughout the day. If you experience any issues please open a ticket at support.linuxfoundation.org.

Thank you,
Vanessa

On 07/30/2019 12:01 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Starting maintenance


On 07/30/2019 11:02 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Jenkins has been placed in shutdown mode for maintenance



On 07/29/2019 10:29 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Maintenance reminder


On 07/25/2019 04:09 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

What:

FD.io system maintenance

  • Nexus
    • OS updates
  • JIRA
    • OS updates
  • Sonar
    • OS updates
  • OpenGrok OS updates

When:

2019-07-30 @ 1700 UTC (10:00am PDT) - 2100 UTC (2:00pm PDT)

Impact:

The maintenance will require a reboot of each FD.io system. Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1600 UTC.  Please let us know if there are any jobs that cannot be aborted.  The following systems will be impacted:

  • Jenkins production
  • Jenkins sandbox
  • Nexus
  • Gerrit
  • JIRA
  • Sonar
  • OpenGrok





-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#1062): https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/message/1062
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/32603363/675152
Group Owner: tsc+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/unsub  [fcoras.lists@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


Re: FD.io Maintenance: 2019-07-30 @ 1700 UTC (10:00am PDT) - 2100 UTC (2:00pm PDT)

Vanessa Valderrama
 

Maintenance is complete. All systems are now available. We'll be doing some additional testing and monitoring throughout the day. If you experience any issues please open a ticket at support.linuxfoundation.org.

Thank you,
Vanessa

On 07/30/2019 12:01 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Starting maintenance


On 07/30/2019 11:02 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Jenkins has been placed in shutdown mode for maintenance



On 07/29/2019 10:29 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Maintenance reminder


On 07/25/2019 04:09 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

What:

FD.io system maintenance

  • Nexus
    • OS updates
  • JIRA
    • OS updates
  • Sonar
    • OS updates
  • OpenGrok OS updates

When:

2019-07-30 @ 1700 UTC (10:00am PDT) - 2100 UTC (2:00pm PDT)

Impact:

The maintenance will require a reboot of each FD.io system. Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1600 UTC.  Please let us know if there are any jobs that cannot be aborted.  The following systems will be impacted:

  • Jenkins production
  • Jenkins sandbox
  • Nexus
  • Gerrit
  • JIRA
  • Sonar
  • OpenGrok






Re: FD.io Maintenance: 2019-07-30 @ 1700 UTC (10:00am PDT) - 2100 UTC (2:00pm PDT)

Vanessa Valderrama
 

Starting maintenance


On 07/30/2019 11:02 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Jenkins has been placed in shutdown mode for maintenance



On 07/29/2019 10:29 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Maintenance reminder


On 07/25/2019 04:09 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

What:

FD.io system maintenance

  • Nexus
    • OS updates
  • JIRA
    • OS updates
  • Sonar
    • OS updates
  • OpenGrok OS updates

When:

2019-07-30 @ 1700 UTC (10:00am PDT) - 2100 UTC (2:00pm PDT)

Impact:

The maintenance will require a reboot of each FD.io system. Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1600 UTC.  Please let us know if there are any jobs that cannot be aborted.  The following systems will be impacted:

  • Jenkins production
  • Jenkins sandbox
  • Nexus
  • Gerrit
  • JIRA
  • Sonar
  • OpenGrok





Re: FD.io Maintenance: 2019-07-30 @ 1700 UTC (10:00am PDT) - 2100 UTC (2:00pm PDT)

Vanessa Valderrama
 

Jenkins has been placed in shutdown mode for maintenance



On 07/29/2019 10:29 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Maintenance reminder


On 07/25/2019 04:09 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

What:

FD.io system maintenance

  • Nexus
    • OS updates
  • JIRA
    • OS updates
  • Sonar
    • OS updates
  • OpenGrok OS updates

When:

2019-07-30 @ 1700 UTC (10:00am PDT) - 2100 UTC (2:00pm PDT)

Impact:

The maintenance will require a reboot of each FD.io system. Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1600 UTC.  Please let us know if there are any jobs that cannot be aborted.  The following systems will be impacted:

  • Jenkins production
  • Jenkins sandbox
  • Nexus
  • Gerrit
  • JIRA
  • Sonar
  • OpenGrok




FINAL REMINDER: LFN Booth Demo Ideas for ONS Europe Due 7/31

Brandon Wick <bwick@...>
 

Submit your demo ideas by July 31st by sending an email to bwick@.... See instructions below.

LFN Community:

We hope that you are planning to attend ONS Europe, September 23-25, in Antwerp, Belgium. Those in attendance at the last three ONS events will recall that we hosted an LF Networking Booth that showcased 8-10 compelling, community-driven demos from the LFN technical projects. See this blog post from ONS North America last April to learn more about the opportunity. 

We wanted to reach out now to each of the LFN project communities to let you know that there will be space for 8-10 networking demos inside the LFN booth again at ONS Europe and we are seeking demo ideas using the same process. Our goal is to show compelling uses of LFN networking project technology to solve real world industry challenges.

Demos that show cross-project elements (e.g. between LFN projects and other networking projects), that map to a specific industry use case, or are endorsed by a service provider are preferred. That said, we have some room for demos that highlight the good work and value-add from projects that don't necessarily meet these criteria. At least one demo slot will be made available for each LFN project (FD.io, ONAP, ODL, OPNFV, PNDA, SNAS, Tungsten Fabric) that submits a quality idea.  

Demos stations will again have storage space, a counter, backdrop, monitor, power, and Wi-Fi internet provided. There is no cost to host a standard demo in the LFN booth although additional power, internet, space, etc. may incur a cost. 

Here are the key dates to keep in mind:
  • July 10: Demo idea solicitation email sent to community lists
  • July 31: Demo ideas submissions due
  • August 14: Demos ideas reviewed, chosen, and notifications sent
  • September 23-25: Demos shown at ONS
To submit your demo idea for consideration, please collect and provide the following information:
  • Demo title (10 words max)
  • Brief demo description (200 words max)
  • List of demo manager(s) with contact information 
  • List of open source projects involved
  • List of companies involved
  • Any extra requirements or special considerations
Demo manager responsibilities include:
  • Creating the demo concept and actual demo to be shown
  • Responding promptly to requests for information
  • Meeting all demo preparation deadlines
  • Setting up and testing the demo pre-show and taking down post-show
  • Staffing the demo during ONS expo hours (along with other designated team members to help share the load)
  • Being willing to participate in media activities, e.g. photos, videos
ONS sponsor companies are of course welcome to host demos in their booths on the show floor as well. Please check with your ONS sponsorship manager to explore these opportunities. 

Submit your demo ideas by July 31st by sending an email to bwick@...LFN staff leadership will then review the submissions, get back to submitters with questions/suggestions if needed, and recommend a final demo roster by August 14th. Send any questions you may have to bwick@....

We look forward to seeing your demo ideas.

Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960



Re: FD.io Maintenance: 2019-07-30 @ 1700 UTC (10:00am PDT) - 2100 UTC (2:00pm PDT)

Vanessa Valderrama
 

Maintenance reminder


On 07/25/2019 04:09 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

What:

FD.io system maintenance

  • Nexus
    • OS updates
  • JIRA
    • OS updates
  • Sonar
    • OS updates
  • OpenGrok OS updates

When:

2019-07-30 @ 1700 UTC (10:00am PDT) - 2100 UTC (2:00pm PDT)

Impact:

The maintenance will require a reboot of each FD.io system. Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1600 UTC.  Please let us know if there are any jobs that cannot be aborted.  The following systems will be impacted:

  • Jenkins production
  • Jenkins sandbox
  • Nexus
  • Gerrit
  • JIRA
  • Sonar
  • OpenGrok



REMINDER: LFN Booth Demo Ideas for ONS Europe Due 7/31

Brandon Wick <bwick@...>
 


---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Brandon Wick <bwick@...>
Date: Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 3:03 PM
Subject: Seeking LFN Booth Demo Ideas for ONS Europe
To:

LFN Community:

We hope that you are planning to attend ONS Europe, September 23-25, in Antwerp, Belgium. Those in attendance at the last three ONS events will recall that we hosted an LF Networking Booth that showcased 8-10 compelling, community-driven demos from the LFN technical projects. See this blog post from ONS North America last April to learn more about the opportunity. 

We wanted to reach out now to each of the LFN project communities to let you know that there will be space for 8-10 networking demos inside the LFN booth again at ONS Europe and we are seeking demo ideas using the same process. Our goal is to show compelling uses of LFN networking project technology to solve real world industry challenges.

Demos that show cross-project elements (e.g. between LFN projects and other networking projects), that map to a specific industry use case, or are endorsed by a service provider are preferred. That said, we have some room for demos that highlight the good work and value-add from projects that don't necessarily meet these criteria. At least one demo slot will be made available for each LFN project (FD.io, ONAP, ODL, OPNFV, PNDA, SNAS, Tungsten Fabric) that submits a quality idea.  

Demos stations will again have storage space, a counter, backdrop, monitor, power, and Wi-Fi internet provided. There is no cost to host a standard demo in the LFN booth although additional power, internet, space, etc. may incur a cost. 

Here are the key dates to keep in mind:
  • July 10: Demo idea solicitation email sent to community lists
  • July 31: Demo ideas submissions due
  • August 14: Demos ideas reviewed, chosen, and notifications sent
  • September 23-25: Demos shown at ONS
To submit your demo idea for consideration, please collect and provide the following information:
  • Demo title (10 words max)
  • Brief demo description (200 words max)
  • List of demo manager(s) with contact information 
  • List of open source projects involved
  • List of companies involved
  • Any extra requirements or special considerations
Demo manager responsibilities include:
  • Creating the demo concept and actual demo to be shown
  • Responding promptly to requests for information
  • Meeting all demo preparation deadlines
  • Setting up and testing the demo pre-show and taking down post-show
  • Staffing the demo during ONS expo hours (along with other designated team members to help share the load)
  • Being willing to participate in media activities, e.g. photos, videos
ONS sponsor companies are of course welcome to host demos in their booths on the show floor as well. Please check with your ONS sponsorship manager to explore these opportunities. 

Submit your demo ideas by July 31st by sending an email to bwick@.... LFN staff leadership will then review the submissions, get back to submitters with questions/suggestions if needed, and recommend a final demo roster by August 14th. Send any questions you may have to bwick@....

We look forward to seeing your demo ideas.

Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960