Date

Re: Removal of FD.io deb_dpdk resources

Christian Ehrhardt <christian.ehrhardt@...>

On Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 6:20 PM Ed Warnicke (eaw) <eaw@...> wrote:
Christian,
Thank you for reaching out.  We’ve enjoyed having you as part of our community, and appreciate the work you all do.
Fd.io does not require you to use the Gerri and other resources we provide.  You are welcome to remain a fd.io project and not use them if you so choose.
You are also welcome to elect to move on from being a fd.io project.  Those decisions are entirely in the hands of your project committers :)

It would be helpful to us to know which of those choices you elect, so that we may proceed in a clear and orderly way :)

While there is no bad history at all with the deb_dpdk FD.io project.
But I'd think that for clarity's sake and cleaning up I'd want to remove the deb_dpdk FD.io project.

@Luca - you are the only other project committers still active, are you of the same opinion?
If yes, I think Ed can go on and trigger the full removal.

Ed

On Jan 9, 2020, at 9:52 AM, Christian Ehrhardt <christian.ehrhardt@...> wrote:

Hi FD.io,
The deb_dpdk project is thankful for the home and help that we got in our early years.

We used to use the project:

And along that resources for
- I also saw a mirror on https://github.com/FDio/deb_dpdk

But we have to admit that times have changed and these days we are really at home at

Therefore I wanted to let you know that you could free up the resources.

We can even discontinue the subproject itself if you let me know which process I need to trigger - as an alternative I could also just update the deb_dpdk wiki page to point to the new places.

Keeping the git/gerrit is probably cheap and worth for history if you like, but that is entirely up to you.

--
Christian Ehrhardt
Staff Engineer, Ubuntu Server

--
Christian Ehrhardt
Staff Engineer, Ubuntu Server
Canonical Ltd

LF Networking 2019 Year In Review Now Available

Brandon Wick

LFN Communities,

As we embark on 2020, we invite you to join us for a look back at 2019 -- a significant year for LF Networking. The LF Networking 2019 Year in Review has now been published to the LFN Website. This 28-page, detailed report recaps the highlights and achievements of 2019 while offering insights from LFN community leaders on where the project is headed in 2020 and from LFN leadership on the state of the open source networking industry

Thank you to all LFN members and LFN project community participants for your contributions in 2019. Here's to a great 2020!

Re: Removal of FD.io deb_dpdk resources

Ed Warnicke (eaw) <eaw@...>

[...]

Vanessa Valderrama

The deb_dpdk project is thankful for the home and help that we got in our early years.

We used to use the project:

And along that resources for
- I also saw a mirror on https://github.com/FDio/deb_dpdk

But we have to admit that times have changed and these days we are really at home at

Therefore I wanted to let you know that you could free up the resources.

We can even discontinue the subproject itself if you let me know which process I need to trigger - as an alternative I could also just update the deb_dpdk wiki page to point to the new places.

Keeping the git/gerrit is probably cheap and worth for history if you like, but that is entirely up to you.

--
Christian Ehrhardt
Staff Engineer, Ubuntu Server
Canonical Ltd

Re: FDIO Maintenance - 2020-02-25 1900 UTC to 2400 UTC

Vanessa Valderrama

We have moved the maintenance window to prevent interference with 20.01 release

What: Standard updates and upgrade
  • Jenkins
    • OS and security updates
    • Upgrade to 2.204.1
    • Plugin updates
  • Nexus
    • OS updates
  • Jira
    • OS updates
  • Gerrit
    • OS updates
  • Sonar
    • OS updates
  • OpenGrok
    • OS updates
When:  2020-02-25 1900 UTC to 2400 UTC

Impact:

Maintenance will require a reboot of each FD.io system. Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1800 UTC. Please let us know if specific jobs cannot be aborted.
The following systems will be unavailable during the maintenance window:
  •     Jenkins sandbox
  •     Jenkins production
  •     Nexus
  •     Jira
  •     Gerrit
  •     Sonar
  •     OpenGrok

Please let us know as soon as possible if this maintenance conflicts with your project.

What:
  • Jenkins
    • OS and security updates
    • Upgrade to 2.204.1
    • Plugin updates
  • Nexus
    • OS updates
  • Jira
    • OS updates
  • Gerrit
    • OS updates
  • Sonar
    • OS updates
  • OpenGrok
    • OS updates
When:  2020-02-05 1900 UTC to 2400 UTC

Impact:

Maintenance will require a reboot of each FD.io system. Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1800 UTC. Please let us know if specific jobs cannot be aborted.
The following systems will be unavailable during the maintenance window:
  •     Jenkins sandbox
  •     Jenkins production
  •     Nexus
  •     Jira
  •     Gerrit
  •     Sonar
  •     OpenGrok

Re: [csit-dev] FDIO Maintenance - 2020-02-05 1900 UTC to 2400 UTC

Maciek Konstantynowicz (mkonstan)

Hi Vanessa,

Many thanks for the heads-up.

Unfortunately 05-Feb hits is in the middle of CSIT-2001 release, per published schedule here: https://wiki.fd.io/view/CSIT/csit2001_plan

Is there any chance to postpone this upgrade till after 19-Feb, which is +1 week after our report publish target in case we slip due to infra issues (we got affected by more SSD failures as you may know).

Pls let us know if this is possible.

On 7 Jan 2020, at 14:30, Vanessa Valderrama <vvalderrama@...> wrote:

[...]

CFP for Open Networking & Edge Summit North America closes Feb 3

Brandon Wick

LFN Community:

The Open Networking & Edge Summit (formerly Open Networking Summit) enables collaborative development and innovation across enterprises, service providers/telcos and cloud providers to shape the future of networking and edge computing.

Open Networking & Edge Summit (ONES), will be held in North America April 20-21 in Los Angeles, CA. ONES is the premier event for:
  • Open collaborative community innovation & development across enterprises, service providers/telcos and cloud providers
  • Deep focused Technical, Architectural and Business Discussions in the area of Open Networking (NFVI/SDN/NFV/VNF – enabling automated 5G deployments, Cloud Native Telecom including Kubernetes Networking and Cloud Native Network Functions) & AI/ML enabled use cases for 5G, IoT, Edge and Enterprise deployments
  • Targeted Discussions on Edge/IoT Frameworks and Blueprints across Manufacturing, Retail, Oil and Gas, Transportation, Telco Edge cloud among others key areas
This is the flagship event for LF Networking & LF Edge and all project community members are strongly encouraged to participate. The CFP is now open and we welcome submissions from the LFN & LFE project communities. Proposals for ONES North America are due by 11:59pm PT on Monday, February 3. Learn more and submit here.

Registration is also open. Please register early to take advantage of early bird pricing. LF Members are entitled to a 20% discount. Register here.

Please send any questions you may have to events@...

Note: Open Networking & Edge Summit Europe will take place Sept 29-30, in Antwerp. Registration and the CFP are also open. Learn more

[...]

Re: FD.io Jenkins/OpenStack Outage

Vanessa Valderrama

A fix has been implemented. Services have been restored. If you
experience any further issues, please open a ticket at
support.linuxfoundation.org.

Our OpenStack cloud provider is having issues with network controller
and that affects our CI OpenStack infrastructure accross all projects.
We're working with the provider to fix the issue as quickly as possible.

Please feel free to check the status page for additional updates.

https://status.linuxfoundation.org/incidents/g22zdrl0vrfd

FD.io Jenkins/OpenStack Outage

Vanessa Valderrama

Our OpenStack cloud provider is having issues with network controller
and that affects our CI OpenStack infrastructure accross all projects.
We're working with the provider to fix the issue as quickly as possible.

Please feel free to check the status page for additional updates.

https://status.linuxfoundation.org/incidents/g22zdrl0vrfd

CFP Now Open for Open Networking & Edge Summits

Brandon Wick <bwick@...>

LFN Community:

The Open Networking & Edge Summit (formerly Open Networking Summit) enables collaborative development and innovation across enterprises, service providers/telcos and cloud providers to shape the future of networking and edge computing.

Open Networking & Edge Summit (ONES), will be held in North America April 20-21 in Los Angeles, CA and in Europe September 29-30 in Antwerp, Belgium in 2020. Please save both dates!

These are the flagship events for LF Networking and now LF Edge as well. All project community members are strongly encouraged to participate. Note: Registration will open for both events in January 2020. Please register early to take advantage of early bird pricing.

The CFP to speak at both events is now open and we welcome submissions from the LFN & LFE project communities. Proposals for ONES North America are due by 11:59pm PT on Monday, February 3. Proposals for ONES Europe are due by 11:59pm GMT+2 on Sunday, June 7

Please send any questions you may have to events@...

Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Re: FD.io Production Jenkins - Restart Required

Vanessa Valderrama

Jenkins is back up. Jobs have started. Ed and I are still trying to
resolve an issue with a few of the CSIT hourly jobs. Please open a
ticket at support.linuxfoundation.org if you have any issues.

We're making some Nomad changes as well which is causing a bit of delay
in the restart. We should be done within about 30 minutes.

We've placed Jenkins in shutdown mode to allow for a restart. We need to
uninstall the OpenStack Single-Use Slave plugin. The plugin is no longer
required and we believe it's causing an issue that prevents the
OpenStack slaves from being removed in Jenkins.

We'll do the restart at 20:00 UTC.

The restart will take less than 5 minutes.

[...]

FD.io - Network Issues

Vanessa Valderrama

There appears to be a Network Routing Issue with an upstream provider at our PDX Data-center.  This affects some core infrastructure availability.  Kernel.org and PDX mirrors are affected as well as some CAF properties (wiki) and other services.

We have a workaround in place to restore service to OpenStack builders in the Vexxhost infrastructure.

FD.io systems affected

  • git.fd.io
  • FD.io lab machines

After a router reboot, the router is still showing down. Vexxhost is working on resolving the issue.

For updates please check
https://status.linuxfoundation.org

Re: Project Proposal for VSAP

Florin Coras (fcoras) <fcoras@...>

Hi Ed,

It seems the email was stuck in the moderation queue since 11/27/19

Florin

From: Ed Warnicke <hagbard@...>
Date: Wednesday, December 11, 2019 at 9:26 AM
To: Ray Kinsella <ray.kinsella@...>
Cc: "Yu, Ping" <ping.yu@...>, "tsc@..." <tsc@...>, "Ed Warnicke (eaw)" <eaw@...>, "Florin Coras (fcoras)" <fcoras@...>, "li-jian@..." <li-jian@...>, "Zhang, Yuwei1" <yuwei1.zhang@...>, "Ni, Hongjun" <hongjun.ni@...>, "Stephen Belair (sbelair)" <sbelair@...>, "DiGiglio, John" <john.digiglio@...>
Subject: Re: [tsc] Project Proposal for VSAP

It appears the formal notification of proposal is Dec 10 here:

Was there an earlier notification of proposal?

If so, two weeks would be: Dec 24... so likely first TSC meeting after that would be Jan 2 or 9.

Did I miss an earlier email of proposal notification to the tsc list for VSAP?

Ed

On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 1:11 AM Ray Kinsella <ray.kinsella@...> wrote:

Hi Ed,

Can we put this project proposal review the agenda this week.

Has been two weeks since the notification?