Date
Re: nomination committer ci-management

Luca Muscariello

+ Mauro

yes of course, Mauro would be happy to become a committer in ci-management.

Thanks
Luca

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 8:37 PM Vanessa Valderrama <vvalderrama@...> wrote:

Luca,

Have you discussed this Mauro and verified he is interested in becoming a committer?

On 1/30/20 1:25 PM, Luca Muscariello wrote:
Hi

Mauro Sardara is a committer in cicn and hicn projects
and has contributed quite a bit in ci-management.

Below his contribution to ci-management,

In hicn it would be helpful to have a ci-management committer
to take care of our release management.

Thanks
Best
Luca

Re: nomination committer ci-management

Vanessa Valderrama

[...]

fdio/release repository on packagecloud now contains 19900 with some odd artifacts

Andrew 👽 Yourtchenko <ayourtch@...>

Dear TSC,

In the capacity of the VPP 20.01 release manager, I would like to raise your attention to the fact that the fdio/release now contains 19900 files, and the there are some invalid packages, like “honeycomb”, and “-dev”.

This was found as we started CSIT testing for VPP 20.01, and Peter Mikus has a workaround - so it doesn’t impact the schedule for the 20.01 testing. (VPP packages download fine)

However, I wanted to raise this concern.

Are some projects doing so many releases, that it results in almost 20000 files?

Thanks for consideration.

--a

Re: New committer hicn/cicn projects

Edward Warnicke

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 7:01 AM Luca Muscariello <muscariello@...> wrote:
Dear TSC members,

The team of committers has voted to elevate Angelo Mantellini
to project committers in hicn/cicn projects.

Polls are available here

Angelo has done a lot of work to support hicn portability across
all client OSes such as macOS, Windows 10, iOS, Android, Ubuntu.
He also takes care of all software release and distribution
for all these platforms.

More on Angelo's contributions

With the PLT's hat on, I would ask the TSC members to accept
this proposal.

Thank you
Best
Luca

GPL in CSIT

Vratko Polak -X (vrpolak - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco)

We promised to prepare slides explaining the subject.

It is clear we are running too late to have anything for this week.

The topic is not critical for a few weeks,

as CSIT started testing of VPP release 2001,

and we want to avoid big merges until the report is out.

The current Estimated Time of Arrival of the slides: Next week.

Vratko.

New committer hicn/cicn projects

Luca Muscariello

Dear TSC members,

The team of committers has voted to elevate Angelo Mantellini
to project committers in hicn/cicn projects.

Polls are available here

Angelo has done a lot of work to support hicn portability across
all client OSes such as macOS, Windows 10, iOS, Android, Ubuntu.
He also takes care of all software release and distribution
for all these platforms.

More on Angelo's contributions

With the PLT's hat on, I would ask the TSC members to accept
this proposal.

Thank you
Best
Luca

REMINDER: 1 Week Left to Submit a Talk for ONES NA

Brandon Wick

LF Networking Community:

The Open Networking & Edge Summit (ONES) enables collaborative development and innovation across enterprises, service providers/telcos and cloud providers to shape the future of networking and edge computing.

ONES, will be held in North America April 20-21 in Los Angeles, CA. ONES is the premier event for:
  • Open collaborative community innovation & development across enterprises, service providers/telcos and cloud providers
  • Deep focused Technical, Architectural and Business Discussions in the area of Open Networking (NFVI/SDN/NFV/VNF – enabling automated 5G deployments, Cloud Native Telecom including Kubernetes Networking and Cloud Native Network Functions) & AI/ML enabled use cases for 5G, IoT, Edge and Enterprise deployments
  • Targeted Discussions on Edge/IoT Frameworks and Blueprints across Manufacturing, Retail, Oil and Gas, Transportation, Telco Edge cloud among others key areas
This is the flagship event for LF Networking & LF Edge and all project community members are strongly encouraged to participate. The CFP is now open and we welcome submissions from the LFN & LFE project communities. Proposals for ONES North America are due by 11:59pm PT on Monday, February 3Learn more and submit here.

Registration is also open. Please register early to take advantage of early bird pricing. LF Members are entitled to a 20% discount off the registration price. Register here.

Please send any questions you may have to events@...

Note: Open Networking & Edge Summit Europe will take place Sept 29-30, in Antwerp. Registration and the CFP are also open. Learn more

Re: Removal of FD.io deb_dpdk resources

Luca Boccassi <bluca@...>

Hello Ed,

I'm happy with the document, and I have no preference for archival.

Thank you!

On Wed, 2020-01-22 at 19:42 -0600, Ed Warnicke wrote:
Luca, Christian,

I have prepared the Termination Review document for consideration at
tomorrow's TSC meeting:

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Deb_dpdk/Termination_Review

If you could:

a) Indicate any preference you may have for where it is archived
b) Review and indicate here that you are cool with how it is
presented in that document

it would be most helpful to us :)

Ed

On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 10:15 AM Edward Warnicke via Lists.Fd.Io <
hagbard=gmail.com@...> wrote:
We'll take it up at the TSC on Thu and get it done. Thank you for
all you've done!

Ed

On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 10:04 AM Luca Boccassi <bluca@...>
wrote:
On Fri, 2020-01-10 at 09:18 +0100, Christian Ehrhardt wrote:

On Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 6:20 PM Ed Warnicke (eaw) <eaw@...

wrote:
Christian,
Thank you for reaching out. We’ve enjoyed having you as part
of
our community, and appreciate the work you all do.
Fd.io does not require you to use the Gerri and other
resources we
provide. You are welcome to remain a fd.io project and not
use
them if you so choose.
You are also welcome to elect to move on from being a
fd.io project. Those decisions are entirely in the hands of
your
project committers :)

It would be helpful to us to know which of those choices you
elect,
so that we may proceed in a clear and orderly way :)

While there is no bad history at all with the deb_dpdk FD.io
project.
But I'd think that for clarity's sake and cleaning up I'd want
remove the deb_dpdk FD.io project.

@Luca - you are the only other project committers still active,
are
you of the same opinion?
If yes, I think Ed can go on and trigger the full removal.
Hi,

Yes it's fine for me, having multiple "sources" is confusing for
end
users. Thanks for all the help!

Ed

On Jan 9, 2020, at 9:52 AM, Christian Ehrhardt <
christian.ehrhardt@...> wrote:

Hi FD.io,
The deb_dpdk project is thankful for the home and help that
we
got in our early years.

We used to use the project:
- https://wiki.fd.io/view/Deb_dpdk

And along that resources for
- Gerrit https://gerrit.fd.io/r/gitweb?p=deb_dpdk.git
- I also saw a mirror on https://github.com/FDio/deb_dpdk
- CI
https://gerrit.fd.io/r/gitweb?p=ci-management.git;a=tree;f=jjb/deb_dpdk;h=efcd3beab9f199566ddd1c6e460600fc1f230d64;hb=HEAD

But we have to admit that times have changed and these days
we
are really at home at
- https://salsa.debian.org/debian/dpdk
- https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dpdk

Therefore I wanted to let you know that you could free up
the
resources.

We can even discontinue the subproject itself if you let me
know
which process I need to trigger - as an alternative I could
also
just update the deb_dpdk wiki page to point to the new
places.

Keeping the git/gerrit is probably cheap and worth for
history if
you like, but that is entirely up to you.

--
Christian Ehrhardt
Staff Engineer, Ubuntu Server

--
Kind regards,
Luca Boccassi

Re: Removal of FD.io deb_dpdk resources

Edward Warnicke

Luca, Christian,

Just as an update.  We discovered looking at the governance docs that the termination review doc needs to be out for two weeks for community review before we can vote on it.
I anticipate we will on Feb 6.  Thank you for all of your collaboration on this :)

Ed

--
Kind regards,
Luca Boccassi

--
Kind regards,
Luca Boccassi

REMINDER: CFP for ONES Closes Feb 3

Brandon Wick

LFN Community:

[...]

Registration is also open. Please register early to take advantage of early bird pricing. LF Members are entitled to a 20% discount. Register here.

--
Kind regards,
Luca Boccassi

christian.ehrhardt@...> wrote:

[...]

But I'd think that for clarity's sake and cleaning up I'd want to remove the deb_dpdk FD.io project.

[...]

LF Networking 2019 Year In Review Now Available

Brandon Wick

LFN Communities,

As we embark on 2020, we invite you to join us for a look back at 2019 -- a significant year for LF Networking. The LF Networking 2019 Year in Review has now been published to the LFN Website. This 28-page, detailed report recaps the highlights and achievements of 2019 while offering insights from LFN community leaders on where the project is headed in 2020 and from LFN leadership on the state of the open source networking industry

Thank you to all LFN members and LFN project community participants for your contributions in 2019. Here's to a great 2020!

Re: Removal of FD.io deb_dpdk resources

Ed Warnicke (eaw) <eaw@...>

[...]

Re: FDIO Maintenance - 2020-02-25 1900 UTC to 2400 UTC

Vanessa Valderrama

We have moved the maintenance window to prevent interference with 20.01 release

What: Standard updates and upgrade
  • Jenkins
    • OS and security updates
    • Upgrade to 2.204.1
    • Plugin updates
  • Nexus
    • OS updates
  • Jira
    • OS updates
  • Gerrit
    • OS updates
  • Sonar
    • OS updates
  • OpenGrok
    • OS updates
When:  2020-02-25 1900 UTC to 2400 UTC

Impact:

Maintenance will require a reboot of each FD.io system. Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1800 UTC. Please let us know if specific jobs cannot be aborted.
The following systems will be unavailable during the maintenance window:
  •     Jenkins sandbox
  •     Jenkins production
  •     Nexus
  •     Jira
  •     Gerrit
  •     Sonar
  •     OpenGrok

Please let us know as soon as possible if this maintenance conflicts with your project.

What:
  • Jenkins
    • OS and security updates
    • Upgrade to 2.204.1
    • Plugin updates
  • Nexus
    • OS updates
  • Jira
    • OS updates
  • Gerrit
    • OS updates
  • Sonar
    • OS updates
  • OpenGrok
    • OS updates
When:  2020-02-05 1900 UTC to 2400 UTC

Impact:

Maintenance will require a reboot of each FD.io system. Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1800 UTC. Please let us know if specific jobs cannot be aborted.
The following systems will be unavailable during the maintenance window:
  •     Jenkins sandbox
  •     Jenkins production
  •     Nexus
  •     Jira
  •     Gerrit
  •     Sonar
  •     OpenGrok

Re: [csit-dev] FDIO Maintenance - 2020-02-05 1900 UTC to 2400 UTC

Maciek Konstantynowicz (mkonstan)

Hi Vanessa,

Many thanks for the heads-up.

Unfortunately 05-Feb hits is in the middle of CSIT-2001 release, per published schedule here: https://wiki.fd.io/view/CSIT/csit2001_plan

Is there any chance to postpone this upgrade till after 19-Feb, which is +1 week after our report publish target in case we slip due to infra issues (we got affected by more SSD failures as you may know).

Pls let us know if this is possible.