Date

CANCELED - Re: FDIO Gerrit Maintenance - 2020-11-04 at 1700 UTC to 1900 UTC

Vanessa Valderrama

This maintenance is canceled. The Gerrit resize was complete today during the Jenkins restart.

Correction

When:   2020-11-04 at 1700 UTC to 1900 UTC

What:  Gerrit maintenance to resize the instance

When:   2020-10-04 at 1700 UTC to 1900 UTC

Impact:  Gerrit and Jenkins will be unavailable at this time. Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1700 UTC. At 1800 UTC jobs will be aborted

Why:  This increase is being done at the request of the FD.io community

Re: FD.io Nomad Issue

Vanessa Valderrama

Jenkins has been restarted and jobs are running again.

We got approval to the Gerrit resize at the time so next week's
maintenance will be cancelled.

The community has requested a restart of Jenkins. We're placing Jenkins
in shutdown mode to prepare for the restart.

Nomad executors are not starting in Jenkins. This was due to the DNS for
the Nomad URL in Jenkins which is configured to use
nomad.fdiopoc.net:4646 pointing to the wrong IP address.

; <<>> DiG 9.11.14-RedHat-9.11.14-2.fc30 <<>> nomad.fdiopoc.net
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1
;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 4096
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;nomad.fdiopoc.net.        IN    A
;; ANSWER SECTION:
nomad.fdiopoc.net.    180    IN    A    157.230.67.179
;; Query time: 38 msec
;; SERVER: 127.0.0.1#53(127.0.0.1)
;; WHEN: Thu Oct 29 09:55:49 CDT 2020
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 62

We tried hard-coding the Nomad URL to the IP address 10.30.51.32:4646
and 10.39.51.33:4646. Unfortunately that is not resolving the issue.

We will continue to work with the community to resolve this issue as
quickly as possible.

Re: FD.io Nomad Issue

Vanessa Valderrama

[...]

FD.io Nomad Issue

Vanessa Valderrama

[...]

Re: Ole Troan to be my proxy at this weeks FD.io TSC

otroan@...

The meeting today is likely at 1500UTC.
May I suggest we consider anchoring FD.io meetings to UTC. Then we don't have to deal with random changes of time in local jurisdictions.

Cheers,
Ole

On 28 Oct 2020, at 14:48, Ed Warnicke <hagbard@...> wrote:

Ole Troan has graciously agreed to be my proxy at this week's FD.io TSC meeting.

Ed

Regrets

Joel Halpern

I had hoped my current meeting would end in time, but no, I can not join the TSC acll today.

Sorry,

Joel

FDIO Gerrit Maintenance - 2020-10-04 at 1700 UTC to 1900 UTC

Vanessa Valderrama

What:  Gerrit maintenance to resize the instance

When:   2020-10-04 at 1700 UTC to 1900 UTC

Impact:  Gerrit and Jenkins will be unavailable at this time. Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1700 UTC. At 1800 UTC jobs will be aborted

Why:  This increase is being done at the request of the FD.io community

Ray Kinsella to chair this weeks FD.io TSC meeting

Edward Warnicke

Ray Kinsella has graciously agreed to chair the FD.io TSC meeting this week.

Ed

Ole Troan to be my proxy at this weeks FD.io TSC

Edward Warnicke

Ole Troan has graciously agreed to be my proxy at this week's FD.io TSC meeting.

Ed

Re: Please approve Vladimir Lavor as a new GoVPP project committer

Ray Kinsella

Thanks Rastislav,

We will pick this up at the next TSC meeting.

On 2020-10-15 12:04, Andrew Grimberg via lists.fd.io wrote:
We just received word that both Nexus 2 and Nexus 3 are vulnerable to a
security issue that was just announced with possible attacks already in
the wild.

Given the nature of the security issue we will be performing emergency
upgrades on the single Nexus system that FD.io has in play. I have
already placed both Jenkins systems into shutdown mode to stop new jobs
from starting.

Given the length of the jobs already running and their ETA for
completion. We will be running the upgrade in while the jobs are in
progress. If you see a failure in your job due to this forced upgrade we
apologize but due to the nature of this we must get this update rolled out.

-Andy-

--
Andrew J Grimberg
Manager Release Engineering