From: Ed Warnicke <hagbard@...>
Sent: Wednesday 12 May 2021 17:52
To: tsc@...; Kinsella, Ray <ray.kinsella@...>; Dave Wallace (dwallace) <dwallace@...>
Subject: Dave Wallace to be my proxy at tomorrows FD.io TSC meeting

Dave Wallace to be my proxy at tomorrow's FD.io TSC meeting.

Dave Kinsella has graciously agreed to chair.

Ed

Dave Wallace to be my proxy at tomorrows FD.io TSC meeting

Edward Warnicke

Dave Wallace to be my proxy at tomorrow's FD.io TSC meeting.

Dave Kinsella has graciously agreed to chair.

Ed

Re: FDIO Jenkins Maintenance - 2021-05-11 1800UTC - 2000UTC

Dave Wallace

The maintenance is complete and so far the CI jobs are looking happier.

We will continue to monitor the performance of the system.

Thank you again for your patience.
-daw-

On 5/11/2021 1:50 PM, Dave Wallace via lists.fd.io wrote:

What:

Jenkins has been placed in shutdown mode in preparation to perform unplanned maintenance

When:

2021-05-11 1800 UTC to 2000 UTC

Impact:

Jenkins sandbox and production will be unavailable during this time

Why:

The vendor will be moving network gateways to the new data center where the nomad servers now reside to address TCP connection issues aborting FD.io CI jobs.

FDIO Jenkins Maintenance - 2021-05-11 1800UTC - 2000UTC

Dave Wallace

What:

Jenkins has been placed in shutdown mode in preparation to perform unplanned maintenance

When:

2021-05-11 1800 UTC to 2000 UTC

Impact:

Jenkins sandbox and production will be unavailable during this time

Why:

The vendor will be moving network gateways to the new data center where the nomad servers now reside to address TCP connection issues aborting FD.io CI jobs.

Re: [infra-steering] FDIO Jenkins Maintenance - 2021-05-07 1600 UTC to 1800 UTC

Dave Wallace

The network issues have been addressed and CI jobs appear to be passing.
We will continue to monitor the status of the CI infrastructure.

Thank you for your patience as these issues we are aware of how irksome these issues have been.

Have a great weekend!
-daw-

On 5/7/2021 1:53 PM, Dave Wallace via lists.fd.io wrote:

Another network anomaly was detected causing very slow git clone performance and is being addressed.  This has caused some jobs to fail and I will issue 'recheck' on VPP gerrit changes as soon as I get word that the latest update has completed.

Thanks for your patience,
-daw-

Maintenance is complete. Jenkins is operational. If you have any issues, please open a ticket at support.linuxfoundation.org.

Jenkins has been placed in shutdown mode in preparation to perform unplanned maintenance

When:

2021-05-07 1600 UTC to 1800 UTC

Impact:

Jenkins sandbox and production will be unavailable during this time

Why:

The vendor will be replacing a network device in attempt to resolve intermittent connection resets during builds.

[...]

Re: FDIO Jenkins Maintenance - 2021-05-07 1600 UTC to 1800 UTC

Vanessa Valderrama

[...]

LAST CHANCE: 2021 LFN Operations Survey

Brandon Wick

LFN Communities:

Now in its third iteration, the LF Networking staff have pulled together an annual LFN Operations Survey. This goal is to solicit feedback from LFN community members to learn how you are engaging with the LFN projects and programs. We'd like to know what you are experiencing, what your challenges are, and how the LFN staff can better support you. Your feedback is very important so please take a few minutes to share your thoughts with us. Responses are due by Friday, May 7th. Please send any questions or feedback to bwick@.... Thank you!

Catch Up with ONAP and the Honolulu Release

Brandon Wick

LFN Communities,

Over 200 developers from 30 organizations collaborated to produce Honolulu, the eighth release of the Linux Foundation ONAP project. Honolulu furthers ONAP’s position as a comprehensive platform for orchestration, management, and automation of network and edge computing services for network operators, cloud providers, and enterprises. Honolulu brings cloud native functionality and increased modularity, increased support for O-RAN, and new functionality around end-to-end 5G network slicing.

We're holding a special edition LFN Webinar on Tuesday, May 11th, 9:00 AM PT  to hear directly from ONAP community leaders Catherine Lefevre, AT&T; John Keeney, Ericsson; Swaminathan Seetharaman, Wipro on the latest in ONAP and to get your questions answered. All registrants will receive the presentation slides. We hope that you'll join us!

Re: [Terminology] Guidance for NIST Staff on Using Inclusive Language in Documentary Standards (NISTIR 8366)

Edward Warnicke

:). NIST is definitely more together than most :).  https://inclusivenaming.org/ (INI) is trying to bring together folks from all across the industry to work on it, and avoid the ’Tower of Babel’ problem :)

Recently got some nice coverage in the NYT as well: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/13/technology/racist-computer-engineering-terms-ietf.html (sadly it didn’t go well for IETF in that article… though my sense is they literally started getting traction the week after it went to print, and INI is working with IETF :)

Ed

On Apr 29, 2021, at 4:31 PM, Joel Halpern via lists.fd.io <joel.halpern=ericsson.com@...> wrote:

In the inclusive language discussion, folks had asked what other bodies are doing.  The IETF is still spinning.

It struck me that the below note from NIST provides pointers to a number of good starting points if we need to get more careful.