Date

Re: Dave Wallace will be my proxy for this Thu's FD.io TSC meeting

Damjan Marion

I’m on the PTO so will not be able to attend…..

Damjan

On 16.06.2021., at 23:32, Edward Warnicke <hagbard@...> wrote:

Ray,
Would you be willing to chair?

Also... I believe the governance PR is up to date with the two year terms, and I'd be perfectly delighted if folks wanted to vote on it in my absence :)

Ed

Dave Wallace will be my proxy for this Thu's FD.io TSC meeting

Edward Warnicke

Ray,
  Would you be willing to chair?

Also... I believe the governance PR is up to date with the two year terms, and I'd be perfectly delighted if folks wanted to vote on it in my absence :)

Ed

Re: Freenode

Trishan de Lanerolle

Hi,
I just went through this process. Probably helpful for others:

The webchat client is available at https://web.libera.chat/. On the libera.chat site, click on the "connect" in the top corner of the page, to get to the webchat and other connection instructions.

https://libera.chat/guides/registration  (this is the guide for nickname registration.) You don't have to register a nickname. These commands let you associate it with an email.

Regards,
Trishan

On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 4:07 PM Joel Halpern via lists.fd.io <joel.halpern=ericsson.com@...> wrote:
I went to look at libra.chat.  (I don't care what we use.)  I have no idea what I need to do to set up so I can use the chat through my browser.   There is no obvious way for me to create an ID on libra.chat.  (I am known for overlooking the obvious, so it may be there staring me in the face.  But I couldn't see it.)

Presentation Slide Due Date: Friday, October 8, 2021
Event Dates: Monday, October 11- Tuesday, October 12, 2021

We hope you submit for a talk as well as register for the event!

Please direct any questions to events@....

bwick@...
+1.917.282.0960

Log Retention

Vanessa Valderrama

FDio now has S3 logging enabled. Logs are now available on Nexus and S3, see the URLs below. We're now in the planning phase for the Nexus decommission.

Logs

  • We'll need to migrate old logs from Nexus to S3. Please let us know the log retention requirement for your project.
Accessing Logs

Docs

  • We are working with RTD to gain access to the FDio RTD account that was setup by a member of the community. Once we have access to manage the account, we'll begin the discussion for the docs migration

A special thanks to Dave Wallace for all his work which helped to get the S3 logging in place for FDio.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns regarding S3 logs or the Nexus decommission. If you experience any issues with logging, please open a request at support.linuxfoundation.org.

FINAL REMINDER: Register for the LFN Developer & Testing Forum (June 7-10)

Brandon Wick

LFN Technical Communities,

The LFN Developer & Testing Forum will be held virtually over four days, June 7-10, 2021. Once again we will be gathering the LFN project technical communities to progress our releases; discuss project architecture, direction, and integration points; and further innovate through the open source networking stack. We will use a combination of online tools to create a productive and interactive virtual meeting environment. LFN projects planning participation include Anuket, ODIM, ONAP, OpenDaylight, Tungsten Fabric, and XGVela.

The event is free of cost and registration is required.

Re: Dave Wallace will be my proxy for tomorrow's FD.io TSC meeting

Ray Kinsella

100%

Dave Wallace will be my proxy for tomorrow's FD.io TSC meeting

Edward Warnicke

Ray,

Would you be willing to chair?

Ed

proxy for meeting tomorrow

Damjan Marion

Will not be able to join TSC call tomorrow, my proxy will be Maciek.

Thanks,

Damjan

This weeks agenda

Joel Halpern

Do we plan to continue discussing the TSC restructuring, or did we finish that last week?

PS: I am trying to prioritize this and a competing call I probably need to be on.

REMINDER: Register for the LFN Developer & Testing Forum (June 7-10)

Brandon Wick

LFN Technical Communities,

The LFN Developer & Testing Forum will be held virtually over four days, June 7-10, 2021. Once again we will be gathering the LFN project technical communities to progress our releases; discuss project architecture, direction, and integration points; and further innovate through the open source networking stack. We will use a combination of online tools to create a productive and interactive virtual meeting environment. LFN projects planning participation include Anuket, ODIM, ONAP, OpenDaylight, Tungsten Fabric, and XGVela.

The event is free of cost and registration is required.

Re: Draft revision of FD.io Community Doc (Governance)

Edward Warnicke

Vratko,

Thank you very much for catching the omission with regard to the Core Project PTL being able to appoint an alternate Member.  I believe I have updated to fix that.

With regard to your other point on resolving situations that might otherwise lead to violating the

> No more than 50% of the TSC seats may be held by persons employed by the same company.

rule.  I have replaced that line with:

> No Member may be admitted to the TSC if their admission would cause the percentage of TSC seats held by persons employed by the same company to exceed 50%.

It is my belief that this should be sufficient to resolve such issues.

Ed

On Mon, May 24, 2021 at 4:15 AM Vratko Polak -X (vrpolak - PANTHEON TECH SRO at Cisco) <vrpolak@...> wrote:

> TSC Membership shall consist of:

> Core project’s Project Technical Leaders (PTLs).

I vaguely remember we want to allow PTL

to select another person to represent the project in TSC.

It may be important as it relates to:

> No more than 50% of the TSC seats may be held by persons employed by the same company.

It is not clear how this rule interacts with other rules.

I mean, for a single selection replacing old TSC members

with the same number of new TSC members, the multiple-candidates methods

can be understood as selecting new members "one by one",

so it is straightforward to track when a company hits the limit

(so its remaining candidates are not eligible from that point on).

But what about situations when number of TSC members decreases

(e.g. a TSC appointed member seat expiring, or a legacy member revisited)?

What if a TSC member suddenly steps down

(election for the replacement takes time)?

Or when a member changes without large enough election

(e.g. a new PTL selected by a project, or a new project becoming core)?

Some projects have secondary documents handling edge cases

(ODL has rules [1] on how to honor the company cap

when running multiple elections at once).

But for now, I think it would be better to just

add a sentence about (old) TSC members voting

on how to resolve such unforeseen rule interactions.

Vratko.

[1] https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/TSC+Election+Process

As part of the ongoing discussion around evolving the TSC, and in keeping with the previously socialized slide deck.  Please provide feedback on this PR to update the FD.io Community Doc (our governance doc for how we do things like Elect TSC members).

Ed

REMINDER: Register for the LFN Developer & Testing Forum

Brandon Wick

LFN Technical Communities,

The LFN Developer & Testing Forum will be held virtually over four days, June 7-10, 2021. Once again we will be gathering the LFN project technical communities to progress our releases; discuss project architecture, direction, and integration points; and further innovate through the open source networking stack. We will use a combination of online tools to create a productive and interactive virtual meeting environment. LFN projects planning participation include Anuket, ODIM, ONAP, OpenDaylight, Tungsten Fabric, and XGVela.

The event is free of cost and registration is required.

Re: Draft revision of FD.io Community Doc (Governance)

Vratko Polak -X (vrpolak - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco)

> TSC Membership shall consist of:

> Core project’s Project Technical Leaders (PTLs).

I vaguely remember we want to allow PTL

to select another person to represent the project in TSC.

It may be important as it relates to:

> No more than 50% of the TSC seats may be held by persons employed by the same company.

It is not clear how this rule interacts with other rules.

I mean, for a single selection replacing old TSC members

with the same number of new TSC members, the multiple-candidates methods

can be understood as selecting new members "one by one",

so it is straightforward to track when a company hits the limit

(so its remaining candidates are not eligible from that point on).

But what about situations when number of TSC members decreases

(e.g. a TSC appointed member seat expiring, or a legacy member revisited)?

What if a TSC member suddenly steps down

(election for the replacement takes time)?

Or when a member changes without large enough election

(e.g. a new PTL selected by a project, or a new project becoming core)?

Some projects have secondary documents handling edge cases

(ODL has rules [1] on how to honor the company cap

when running multiple elections at once).

But for now, I think it would be better to just

add a sentence about (old) TSC members voting

on how to resolve such unforeseen rule interactions.

Vratko.

[1] https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/TSC+Election+Process

As part of the ongoing discussion around evolving the TSC, and in keeping with the previously socialized slide deck.  Please provide feedback on this PR to update the FD.io Community Doc (our governance doc for how we do things like Elect TSC members).

Ed

Draft revision of FD.io Community Doc (Governance)

Edward Warnicke

As part of the ongoing discussion around evolving the TSC, and in keeping with the previously socialized slide deck.  Please provide feedback on this PR to update the FD.io Community Doc (our governance doc for how we do things like Elect TSC members).

Ed

REMINDER: LFN Developer & Testing Forum Submissions Due Today

Brandon Wick

LF Technical Communities,

The LFN Developer & Testing Forum will be held virtually over four days, June 7-10, 2021. Once again we will be gathering the LFN project technical communities to progress our releases; discuss project architecture, direction, and integration points; and further innovate through the open source networking stack. We will use a combination of online tools to create a productive and interactive virtual meeting environment. LFN projects planning participation include Anuket, ODIM, ONAP, OpenDaylight, Tungsten Fabric, and XGVela.

The event is free of cost and registration is required.
Session proposals are due today. Please let us know directly if you have any questions or need more time. Thank you!

Re: Dave Wallace to be my proxy at tomorrows FD.io TSC meeting

Maciek Konstantynowicz (mkonstan)

I will be delighted to meet DaveK and relay my sincere impressions to Damjan and anybody else who asks …
Cheers,
Maciek

On 13 May 2021, at 12:33, Damjan Marion <dmarion@...> wrote:

Unfortunately I will not be able to meet DaveK.
Maciek will be my proxy today….

Damjan

On 13.05.2021., at 11:16, Ray Kinsella <ray.kinsella@...> wrote:

Looking forward to meeting Dave Kinsella today 😊!

Ray K