From: tsc@... <tsc@...> On Behalf Of Dave Wallace
Sent: Thursday 4 November 2021 15:28
To: tsc@...
Subject: Re: [tsc] Dave Wallace to be my proxy at FD.io TSC Meeting

Given the DST change in Europe, today’s call was primarily attended by US based TSC members.  It was agreed by at the meeting to skip this week given a lack of urgent agenda items in conjunction with not having a quorum.

US DST ends this Saturday 11/6/2021 at midnight, so next week the time zone difference will not be a issue.

Have a great week!

-daw-

On 11/3/21 12:59 PM, Edward Warnicke wrote:

Dave Wallace has kindly agreed to be my proxy for the FD.io TSC Meeting tomorrow.

Ray Kinsella has kindly agreed to chair.

Ed

Re: Dave Wallace to be my proxy at FD.io TSC Meeting

Dave Wallace

Given the DST change in Europe, today’s call was primarily attended by US based TSC members.  It was agreed by at the meeting to skip this week given a lack of urgent agenda items in conjunction with not having a quorum.

US DST ends this Saturday 11/6/2021 at midnight, so next week the time zone difference will not be a issue.

Have a great week!

-daw-

On 11/3/21 12:59 PM, Edward Warnicke wrote:
Dave Wallace has kindly agreed to be my proxy for the FD.io TSC Meeting tomorrow.

Ray Kinsella has kindly agreed to chair.

Ed

Dave Wallace to be my proxy at FD.io TSC Meeting

Edward Warnicke

Dave Wallace has kindly agreed to be my proxy for the FD.io TSC Meeting tomorrow.

Ray Kinsella has kindly agreed to chair.

Ed

3 LFN Webinars from End Users in November

Brandon Wick

LFN Community:

We have a busy November shaping up on the webinar front with 3 webinars from the end user community: Orange, DT, and the EUAG. Register for these webinars to learn more about ONAP deployments in production networks, AI/ML in Networking, and more. Get your questions answered live and receive the slides and recordings post event. Have a good idea for an LFN Webinar? Please fill in the form here.

November Webinars:

Nov 10, 2021 | Orange Deploys ONAP in Production | Olivier Augizeau, Orange; Mohamed Aly, Orange Egypt | Learn More & Register

Nov 16, 2021 | Deutsche Telekom Deploys ONAP in O-RAN TOWN | Marc Fiedler, Sebastian Zechlin, and Andreas Geissler, Deutsche Telekom | Learn More & Register

Nov 30, 2021 | Intelligent Networking and the Thoth Project – Where do we go from here? | Beth Cohen, Verizon; Lei Huang, China Mobile; Sridhar K N Rao; Spirent; Yuhan Zhang, China Mobile | Learn More & Register

fd.io TSC bios

Ole Troan

[resending since tsc list requires membership]
TSC: Please provide an email list address that can be used to contact the TSC.
(that will go on the TSC website).

Damjan, Lijan, Maciek, Matthew, Neale,

With new TSC members, we are doing a refresh of the TSC fd.io page.

https://fd.io/getinvolved/tsc/

Much obliged if you could all send me a short blurb and a profile picture for the page.

In time for the TSC meeting on Thursday, is that OK?
Please don't force me to find picture and bio on google (or even worse write it myself) :-)

Best regards,
Ole, one of the pen-holders for the fd.io site.

Lijian Zhang nomination for FD.io TSC

Following discussion about TSC evolution, specifically TSC appointed members
per tech community doc (links [0] and [1]), I would like to propose
Lijian Zhang from Arm as a candidate for FD.io TSC.

Summary of Lijian's FD.io work and contribution below:

Lijian Zhang has worked on FD.io VPP/aarch64 project since June 2018. He has
contributed patches [2] to support Arm features and optimize VPP performance
on Arm servers [3]. Collaborating with community working on VPP/aarch64, he
worked on enabling VPP CI/CD [4] and CSIT performance testing on Arm servers
[5]. He managed the shipment of 2x ThunderX2 servers to FD.io lab in 2020
[6] and is currently coordinating the shipment of 2x Ampere Altra servers to
FD.io lab now.

Lijian knows software optimization on Arm architecture and has connection with
the Arm partners. He is actively promoting FD.io VPP within Arm ecosystem.

Lijian joined Arm in 2018, and leads a small team working on open source
Networking projects in Arm. Prior to that, he has 10 years working experience
developing software for ASIC based switchs and routers in Cisco and ZTE.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Cheers,
Maciek

[0] https://github.com/FDio/site/blame/master/content/community/tscdocs/technical_community_doc.md#L427
[1] https://fd.io/community/tscdocs/technical_community_doc/
[2] https://gerrit.fd.io/r/q/owner:+Lijian+is:merged
[3] https://wiki.fd.io/view/VPP/AArch64#Machines
[4] https://jenkins.fd.io/job/vpp-verify-master-ubuntu2004-aarch64/
[5] https://s3-docs.fd.io/csit/master/report/introduction/physical_testbeds.html#node-arm-taishan-3n-tsh
[6] https://s3-docs.fd.io/csit/master/report/introduction/physical_testbeds.html#node-arm-thunderx2-2n-tx2

Dave Wallace to be my proxy on today’s FD.io TSC

Edward Warnicke

Dave Wallace to be my proxy on today’s FD.io TSC

Ray, would you kindly chair?

Ed

ONE Summit Starts Monday -- Register Now!

Brandon Wick

LF Networking Community:

If you haven't already, register today for ONE Summit + Kubernetes on EDGE Day!

Open Networking & Edge Summit + Kubernetes on EDGE Day is the only event for end-to-end networking and edge powered by open source. As the flagship event for LF Networking and LF Edge, members and project participants are strongly encouraged to attend.

Hear from industry leaders from AT&T, China Mobile, Facebook, IBM, Intel, Interdynamix Systems, MATRIXX Software, Orange, Verizon, Walmart and more sharing their thought leadership on the keynote stage. Five conference tracks will cover a range of critical topics in the networking and edge ecosystems.

Read the press release
View the keynote speakers
See the full schedule

LFN Members are eligible for a 20% discount. Please send an email to the address below to get your code.

Please send any questions you may have to events@....

We hope to see you there!

Reminder to Register: ONE Summit, Oct 11-12 (Virtual)

Brandon Wick

LF Networking Community:

Open Networking & Edge Summit + Kubernetes on EDGE Day is the only event for end-to-end networking and edge powered by open source. As the flagship event for LF Networking and LF Edge, members and project participants are strongly encouraged to attend.

Hear from industry leaders from AT&T, China Mobile, Facebook, IBM, Intel, Interdynamix Systems, MATRIXX Software, Orange, Verizon, Walmart and more sharing their thought leadership on the keynote stage. Five conference tracks will cover a range of critical topics in the networking and edge ecosystems.

View the keynote speakers
See the full schedule

We have shifted to an all virtual format. Registration through October 5th is only $50. LFN Members are eligible for a 20% discount. Please send an email to the address below to get your code.

Please send any questions you may have to events@...

We hope to see you there!

US Gov Ops Mini-Summit Added to ONE Summit. Register Today.

Brandon Wick

LFN Communities,

We are pleased to announce the new US Gov Ops Mini-Summit joining the ONE Summit 2021 programming, where you can:
  • Find out about the US Government’s Open Programmable Secure initiative within The Linux Foundation
  • Get an overview of DARPA’s Open, Programmable, Secure 5G (OPS-5G) project that is developing a portable standards-compliant network stack for 5G mobile that is open source and secure by design
  • Hear about the Linux Foundation 5G Super Blueprint and its applicability to the OPS-5G and DoD 5G initiatives
  • Learn about the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research & Engineering’s 5G initiative and the Multi-site OPS-5G Joint Independent Test Option (MOJITO), a nationwide testbed being deployed to enhance the DoD’s ability to test the security attributes of 5G networks
Doug Evans, Neil Hoff and Andrew Leidy join us from the Department of the Navy to lead this mini-summit. They are joined by our newest keynote speaker, Dr. Dan Massey who leads the Operate Through portion of the DoD 5G to NextG Initiative. Operate Through aims to ensure the DoD can securely operate through commercial 5G networks across the globe.

The US Gov Ops Mini-Summit will be held, Monday, October 11, 2:00 - 4:50 PM PT. Registration to this mini-summit is included in the overall conference registration (only $50 though October 5th) and we encourage you to register today. LFN Members are entitled to an additional discount. Please email events@... for the member registration code.

Best Regards,

Re: Request for comments: LFN FD.io Lab Funding Agreement

Maciek Konstantynowicz (mkonstan)

Hi All, A quick reminder to send your comments about this per note below. (Attached again to this email.)

FD.io TSC is now aiming to have a final review and approval in the next meeting on Thursday 16-Sep this week.

Cheers,
Maciek

On 13 Aug 2021, at 15:02, mkonstan <mkonstan@...> wrote:

Hi,

Following on requests from the FD.io community, few of us (on cc:) have been working on putting together a set of rules that should govern the funding and donations of hardware equipment and software into FD.io labs hosted by LFN. Once reviewed by FD.io community and approved by TSC, it will be used for shaping FD.io lab changes and extensions, as well as the LFN FD.io lab budget, from next calendar year onwards.

Attached is the text we have arrived to: fdio-lab-funding-proposal-v3.md

Appreciate your review and comments by reply-all or just to tsc@....

We are aiming to have a final review and approval by TSC in the meeting on Thursday 02-Sep, in 3 weeks time.

Cheers,
Maciek

<fdio-lab-funding-proposal-v3.md>

Re: Congratulations to Neale Ranns and Matt Smith on election to the FD.io TSC

Maciek Konstantynowicz (mkonstan)

Matt, Neale, Congratulations!

On 9 Sep 2021, at 15:14, Ray Kinsella <ray.kinsella@...> wrote:

Congratulations and welcome, Neal and Matt!

Ray K

Congratulations to Neale Ranns and Matt Smith on their election to the FD.io TSC as committer at large members!

Ed

Re: Congratulations to Neale Ranns and Matt Smith on election to the FD.io TSC

Honnappa Nagarahalli

Neal/Matt,

Congratulations, a great recognition of your efforts.

Cheers,

Honnappa

Congratulations and welcome, Neal and Matt!

Ray K

Congratulations to Neale Ranns and Matt Smith on their election to the FD.io TSC as committer at large members!

Ed

Re: [EXTERNAL] [tsc] Congratulations to Neale Ranns and Matt Smith on election to the FD.io TSC

Chris Luke

Jolly good stuff!

Congratulations to Neale Ranns and Matt Smith on their election to the FD.io TSC as committer at large members!

Ed

Congratulations to Neale Ranns and Matt Smith on election to the FD.io TSC

Edward Warnicke

Congratulations to Neale Ranns and Matt Smith on their election to the FD.io TSC as committer at large members!

Ed

Re: Dave Wallace is my proxy to FD.io TSC this Thursday

Ray Kinsella

100% - happy to chair.

Ray K

Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2021 01:15:28 -0500
From: Vanessa Valderrama <vvalderrama@...>
To: discuss@... <discuss@...>, tsc@... <tsc@...>, vpp-dev@... <vpp-dev@...>, csit-dev@... <csit-dev@...>, choypoy@...

Our maintenance is running behind schedule. There was a last minute decision to migrate the instances to YUL1 and avoid another outage next week.

This required Nexus to migrate as well. We're in the process of migrating the attached volumes which will take an additional 1.5 to 2 hours.

We appreciate your patience and will send an update when maintenance is complete

Jenkins is being placed in shutdown mode in preparation for maintenance.

Maintenance reminder

Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 14:00 UTC

In preparation for Jenkins and Ingress to migrate to the new data center The Linux Foundation will be migrating the instances from V2 to V3 flavors.

Due to the Ingress migration, all systems will be unavailable during the maintenance window.

Re: FD.io Maintenance: 2021-08-31 15:00 UTC to 1900 UTC

Vanessa Valderrama

Our maintenance is running behind schedule. There was a last minute decision to migrate the instances to YUL1 and avoid another outage next week.

This required Nexus to migrate as well. We're in the process of migrating the attached volumes which will take an additional 1.5 to 2 hours.

We appreciate your patience and will send an update when maintenance is complete

Jenkins is being placed in shutdown mode in preparation for maintenance.

Maintenance reminder

Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 14:00 UTC

In preparation for Jenkins and Ingress to migrate to the new data center The Linux Foundation will be migrating the instances from V2 to V3 flavors.

Due to the Ingress migration, all systems will be unavailable during the maintenance window.

101 - 120 of 1703