Date

Re: Thu 13-Jan FD.io CSIT talk at LFN Developer & Testing Forum

Maciek Konstantynowicz (mkonstan)

Here pointers to materials and recordings from the session last week - Enjoy:

CSIT Talk: Performance Benchmarking, Anomaly Detection, Results Tracking
Session wiki page [1].

Slides lfn-ddts21-fdio-csit.pdf [2].

Recording lfn-ddts21-fdio-csit.mp4 [3].

Topics - with timestamps in recording:

FD.io Overview
VPP and CSIT core projects - 1m 50s
FD.io CSIT
Daily Trending and Release Reports - 11m 35s
Anomaly Detection - 24m 30s
Data Processing Infrastructure - 33m 20s
Wrap-up - 39m 50s
Q&A - 42m 0s
Backup slide - jumpavg Compression Algorithm - 56m 50s
End - 1h 04m 0s
[1] https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=65538382
[2] https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/download/attachments/65538382/lfn-ddts21-fdio-csit.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1642187365000&api=v2
[3] https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/download/attachments/65538382/lfn-ddts21-fdio-csit.mp4?version=1&modificationDate=1642175623000&api=v2

On 11 Jan 2022, at 15:58, mkonstan <mkonstan@...> wrote:

Dear All,

Some of us from CSIT will be giving a talk at this week LFN Developer &
Testing Forum (virtual event via Zoom, and it’s free to attend).

Title: FD.io CSIT Performance Benchmarking, Anomaly Detection, Results Tracking.

Time: Thursday 13th January 2021 13:00-14:00 GMT (London)

Abstract:

In this talk we introduce FD.io CSIT core sub-project and give an
overview of the ways its Presentation-Analytics-Layer component
presents test results. We will focus on performance results and anomaly
detection, as a way to distinguish (probably) real performance changes
from the noisy data. And provide a sneak peak into the way test results
data is processed. Will use performance data from CI/CD automated tests
executed on Intel Xeon(skx, clx, icx), Atom, Arm servers running in
labs hosted by LFN FD.io. If you are interested in network performance
testing in general, or FD.io project specifically, this talk is for
you.

For FD.io CSIT session details see:

https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=65538382

Event details and how to register:

https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=53609047

Detailed schedule (make sure to select your timezone):

https://teamup.com/ksgw6qzqcmg9zbzsfq?date=2022-01-10&view=md4

Cheers,
Maciek

Re: [csit-dev] Thu 13-Jan FD.io CSIT talk at LFN Developer & Testing Forum

Maciek Konstantynowicz (mkonstan)

Zoom link to the session per teamup link below: https://zoom.us/j/96267999834?pwd=UnBNM2NveXgyT3BpdkNSenV2VjJjQT09

We will post the materials on the event wiki link listed below and in fd.io wiki, will send links.

On 11 Jan 2022, at 15:58, Maciek Konstantynowicz (mkonstan) via lists.fd.io <mkonstan=cisco.com@...> wrote:

[...]

Get the 2021 LFN Year In Review Report

Brandon Wick

LFN Communities,

LFN is dedicated to creating opportunities and new ways to innovate across the networking industry. 2021 continued to be a challenging year around the globe, but three Cs (Code, Collaboration, and Connectivity), proved therapeutic for the community to fight global isolation from the pandemic and move the industry forward. Adversity has brought us closer together as we build the foundation to withstand the global challenges of today and tomorrow.

This 25-page detailed report recaps the highlights and achievements of 2021 while offering insights from LFN community leaders on where the project and the open source networking industry is headed in 2022 and beyond.

Table of Contents:
  • Executive Summary
  • LFN Technical Community Metrics
  • Message from the LF Networking Board
  • LFN Governing Board
  • LFN Members
  • General Manager Update
  • End User Advisory Group Update
  • Strategic Planning Committee Update
  • Technical Advisory Council Update
  • LFN Project Updates
  • Marketing Advisory Council Update
  • Industry Impact

If you have any feedback or questions, please email me directly.

[...]

LAST CHANCE: Register for the LFN Developer & Testing Forum (January 10-13)

Brandon Wick

LFN Technical Communities,

The next LFN Developer & Testing Forum will be held January 10-13, 2022. Once again we will be virtually gathering the LFN project technical communities to progress our releases; discuss project architecture, direction, and integration points; and further innovate through the open source networking stack. Session topics will cover the following projects and initiatives: Anuket, EMCO, FD.io, ONAP, OpenDaylight, Tungsten Fabric, XGVela, 5G Super Blueprint, End User Advisory Group, L3AF, and Magma.

We will use a combination of online tools to create a productive and interactive virtual meeting environment. The event is free of cost and registration is required

Learn more on the event planning wiki page

Register for the event

Please send programming questions to ccain@..., and event logistical questions to events@....

Re: Ray, would you chair the FD.io TSC this week?

Ray Kinsella

Absolutely

Ray, would you chair the FD.io TSC this week?

Ray, would you chair the FD.io TSC this week?

Edward Warnicke

Ray, would you chair the FD.io TSC this week?

REMINDER: LFN Developer & Testing Forum (January 10-13)

[...]

JUNE EVENT UPDATE:
We are planning to host an LFN Developer & Testing Forum, June 13-16, 2022 in person in Porto, Portugal! Save the date and stay tuned for more information.

[...]

Register Now for the LFN Developer & Testing Forum (January 10-13)

[...]

Re: FD.io Maintenance: Jenkins Data Migration: 2021-12-01 1600 UTC to 2100 UTC

Vanessa Valderrama

Maintenance is complete. Jenkins jobs are running as expected. If you have any issues please open a tiacket at support.linuxfoundation.org.

Thank you,

Anton & Vanessa

Jenkins is being placed in shutdown mode for maintenance

CORRECTION ON THE DATE

LF will migrate Jenkins SSD volumes to NVME volumes as a cost reduction effort and to improve performance.

When:

2021-12-01 1600 UTC to 2100 UTC

Impact:

Jenkins production will be unavailable during this migration. We'll place Jenkins into shutdown mode at and will start the migration at 1600 UTC. Maintenance will begin at 1700 UTC.

Re: FD.io Maintenance: Jenkins Data Migration: 2021-12-01 1600 UTC to 2100 UTC

Vanessa Valderrama

Jenkins is being placed in shutdown mode for maintenance

CORRECTION ON THE DATE

LF will migrate Jenkins SSD volumes to NVME volumes as a cost reduction effort and to improve performance.

When:

2021-12-01 1600 UTC to 2100 UTC

Impact:

Jenkins production will be unavailable during this migration. We'll place Jenkins into shutdown mode at and will start the migration at 1600 UTC. Maintenance will begin at 1700 UTC.

LAST CHANCE: LFN Developer & Testing Forum Topic Proposals Due Dec 3

Brandon Wick

LFN Community:

The next LFN Developer & Testing Forum is scheduled for January 10-13, 2022. Once again we will be virtually gathering the LFN project technical communities to progress our releases; discuss project architecture, direction, and integration points; and further innovate through the open source networking stack. Participating LFN projects include Anuket, EMCO, ODIM, ONAP, OpenDaylight, Tungsten Fabric, and XGVela.

We’ll also be hosting a track with fellow networking projects and initiatives including the 5G Super Blueprint, LFN End User Advisory Group (EUAG), and L3AF.

We welcome you to submit your topic proposals on the wiki page here. Topic Proposals are due December 3rd!

Learn more about the event and register here. The event is free to attend but registration is required.

Please send any questions to ccain@....

LFN Developer & Testing Forum Topic Submissions Due Dec 3!

[...]

2021-08-31 1600 UTC to 2100 UTC

Impact:

Jenkins production will be unavailable during this migration. We'll place Jenkins into shutdown mode at and will start the migration at 1600 UTC. Maintenance will begin at 1700 UTC.

Webinar Tomorrow, 7:00 AM PT: Intelligent Networking and the Thoth Project – Where do we go from here?

Brandon Wick

LFN Community:

This is a notification that we have a webinar with the LFN End User Advisory Group (EUAG) coming up on Tuesday, November 30th, 7:00 AM Pacific Time. Register for the event today to learn more and get your questions answered. The recording and slide deck will be sent to all registrants post-event.

Intelligent Networking and the Thoth Project – Where do we go from here?
November 30 @ 7:00 am - 8:00 am
Based on the recently published LFN End User Advisor Group (EUAG) Intelligent Networking white paper that highlights some recommendations for supporting intelligent networking for Telecom operators, this webinar will focus on some of the work that has been started to address the identified needs. Some of the topics covered will include:

• Thoth, the first LFN AI/ML project
• The need for a common data set to support intelligent networking development
• Is the Open Source community the right place to address the gaps?

Join Beth Cohen (Verizon), Lei Huang (China Mobile), Sridhar K N Rao (Spirent), and Yuhan Zhang (China Mobile) to discuss the future of networking in the Telecom industry.

Upcoming LFN Webinar: Intelligent Networking and the Thoth Project – Where do we go from here?

[...]

Re: Please review updated TSC fd.io page

Ole Troan

Dear TSC,

The changes to the TSC members page is now updated:
https://fd.io/getinvolved/tsc/

Feel free to create a PR for any changes desired.

Cheers,
Ole

On 8 Nov 2021, at 09:14, Ole Troan <otroan@...> wrote:

Signed PGP part
Please take a look at:
https://github.com/FDio/site/pull/111
https://deploy-preview-111--fdio.netlify.app/getinvolved/tsc/

Still missing bio's and pictures for:
Damjan, Neale, Matt and Maciek.

Best regards,
Ole

Submit a Session for the LFN Developer & Testing Forum!

Please send any questions to ccain@.... You can also join the discussion on our event Slack in the #general channel here.