Date

Ray has agreed to chair today's FD.io TSC Meeting

Dave Wallace

Ray has graciously agreed to chair today's TSC meeting.

Re: Emergency JIRA maintenance

Vanessa Valderrama

JIRA upgrade is complete. Thank you for your patience.

We just received a critical JIRA vulnerability. We're performing emergency maintenance to resolve this issue. JIRA will be unavailable during this time.

Emergency JIRA maintenance

Vanessa Valderrama

We just received a critical JIRA vulnerability. We're performing emergency maintenance to resolve this issue. JIRA will be unavailable during this time.

ONEEF is Next Week (April 12-14), Don't Forget to Register!

Brandon Wick

LFN Communities:

View the schedule for Open Networking & Edge Executive Forum (Apr 12-14) on the event website and SCHED. Come join us at a time convenient to you to hear industry leaders share their visions for open source networking and edge for the Telco, Cloud, and Enterprise verticals.

The event will be hosted in a virtual format across three days, starting in a different time zone each day to better reach our global audience. There is no cost to attend and we encourage you to register today!

Schedule live for ONEEF (Apr 12-14). Register today!

Brandon Wick

LFN Communities:

The schedule for the Open Networking & Edge Executive Forum (Apr 12-14) has now been added to the event website and SCHED. These industry leaders (with more being confirmed this week) will share their visions for open source networking and edge for the Telco, Cloud, and Enterprise verticals.

The event will be hosted in a virtual format across three days, starting in a different time zone each day to better reach our global audience. There is no cost to attend and we encourage you to register today!

See Who's Speaking at ONEEF (April 12-14)

Brandon Wick

LF Networking Communities,

Register today to see these impactful industry leaders speak at the upcoming Open Networking & Edge Executive Forum (ONEEF).

ONEEF (April 12-14) is the industry’s premier open networking and edge computing event focused on end to end solutions powered by open source. Building on the successful inaugural event last spring, we’re excited to present this Executive Forum where leading industry executives will share their visions from the Telco, Cloud, and Enterprise verticals.

Initial confirmed speakers include:
  • Michael August, Computer Scientist, Secure Slicing Technical Area Lead for OPS-5G, US Navy
  • Henry Calvert, Head of Network, GSMA
  • Caroline Chappell, Research Director, Analysys Mason
  • Beth Cohen, Cloud Technology Strategist, Verizon
  • Anita Doehler, Chief Executive Officer, NGNM Alliance
  • Gabriele Di Piazza, Senior Director, Product Management, Telcom & Edge, Google
  • Dr. Junlan Feng, IEEE Fellow; Vice Chairman of the China Artificial Intelligence Industry Alliance; Chief Scientist at China Mobile; General Manager of AI and Intelligent Operation R&D Center; Board Chair of Linux Foundation Networking
  • Andre Fuetsch, Executive Vice President & Chief Technology Officer, AT&T Services, Inc.
  • Anil Guntupalli, Vice President Technology Strategy, Architecture and Planning Verizon
  • Ranny Haiby, CTO, Networking & Edge, the Linux Foundation
  • Arpit Joshipura, General Manager, Networking, Edge & IoT, the Linux Foundation
  • Kandan Kathirvel, Product Lead, Telco Cloud & Orchestration, Google
  • Heather Kirksey, Vice President, Community & Ecosystem Development, the Linux Foundation
  • Ed Knapp, Corporate CTO, American Tower
  • Catherine Lefèvre, AVP, Technology Services, Network Systems Common Platform & Services, AT&T & Technical Steering Committee Chair, ONAP
  • Petr Ledl, Research & Trials, Deutsche Telekom
  • David Maltz, Technical Fellow and Corporate Vice President, Azure Networking, Microsoft
  • Ravi Peddinti, Senior Director II, Engineering, Walmart
  • Shah Rahman, Director of Engineering, Meta
  • Tom Rondeau,  Program Manager, DARPA/MTO
  • Ayush Sharma, Vice President & General Manager, Head of Metaverse & IoT Edge Platforms, Rakuten
  • Tina Tsou, Enterprise Architect, arm & Governing Board Chair, LF Edge
  • Yachen Wang, General Manager, Tencent Network
ONEEF attendees will learn how to leverage open source ecosystems and gain new insights for digital transformation. Presented in a virtual format across three days, this is a one track event starting in a different time zone each day to better reach our global audience. There is no cost to attend and we encourage you to register today!

Please send any questions you may have to events@....

2022 Mentorship Program - Call for Mentors

Casey Cain

Today, we’re excited to open the call for mentors and project proposals for the 2022 LF Networking Mentorship ProgramThe Program is intended to provide a formal structure to connect mentors and student developers from around the globe to contribute their enthusiasm, time, and experience toward building sustainable LFN communities.

 Why should you consider mentoring for LF Networking Mentorship Program?
  • You believe in the value of mentorship in helping new developers to navigate open source development, the culture, the tooling and infrastructure to be a productive members of the community.
  • You are passionate about teaching and guiding student developers, many of whom may be first time open-source contributors,
  • You are eager to bring new perspectives, new ideas, and new talent into your community and projects.
  • You have a narrowly scoped mentorship project with clear learning objectives/outcomes and a mentee's work and potential contributions could add value to the project or community of which you're an active developer or maintainer.
 I am interested in mentoring but how do I get started?
What are the elements the LFN Mentorship Program will implement to maximize mentor/mentee collaboration success?
  • Mentor and mentee onboarding will be conducted at the start of the Program
  • Project planning that includes deliverables, milestones, and tasks will be completed collaboratively between the mentors and mentees during the first two weeks of the program and posted on the wiki to increase transparency and accountability.
  • Mentee presentations will be required to sharpen both presentation skills and to cultivate the ability to provide constructive feedback and critique that’s the norm in the open source community for developing technologies collaboratively and openly.
  • Mentee evaluation will be conducted on a regular cadence tied to milestone deliverable schedules to help mentors and LFN staff formalize and respond to progress.
While mentors will be on a voluntary basis, the hired mentees will be eligible to receive a stipend. As an added bonus, each mentee who successfully completes the Program will be invited and financially sponsored by LF Networking to attend an event/conference and present their work to the broader community (specific event TBD but will be during Q3 or Q4 of this year or Q1 of the following year).

If you have any questions, please contact mentorship@lfnetworking.org

We look forward to your submission of a mentorship project and thank you in advance for volunteering your time to contribute to the training of the new talent pool in the LF Networking communities.

Best,
Casey Cain
Senior Technical Community Architect
Linux Foundation
_________________
WeChat: okaru6
WhatsApp: +1.503.779.4519

Re: FDIO Maintenance: 2022-03-29 16:00 UTC to 20:00 UTC

Vanessa Valderrama

Maintenance is complete. Thank you for your patience.

We're just about through with maintenance. I apologize for running over the window. We ran into a lot of problems due to the JDK 11 upgrade. We rolled back the JDK upgrade. We're getting sandbox in sync right now and we'll be back up.

Due to the Jenkins issues we did not upgrade Gerrit or Nexus. JIRA and Ingress updates are complete.

Placing Jenkins in shutdown mode

Maintenance reminder

LF will be performing standard system maintenance on 2022-03-29

What:

    Jenkins sandbox and production
        OS and security updates
        Jenkins upgrade
        JDK upgrade
        Plugin upgrades

    Gerrit
        OS and security updates
        Gerrit upgrade
        JDK upgrade

    Nexus
        OS and security updates
        Nexus upgrade

    JIRA
        OS and security updates
        JIRA upgrade

    Ingress
        OS and security updates

Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1500 UTC. All running jobs will be terminated at 16:00 UTC.

The following services will be unavailable during the maintenance window:

[...]

Plan Your Trip to Portugal! LFN Developer & Testing Forum (June 13-16)

Brandon Wick

LFN Community,

The next LFN Developer and Testing Forum will be held in Porto, Portugal, June 13-16 and we look forward to seeing many of you there in person! We encourage you to learn more, register, book your hotel and flights! You can also view the event planning wiki page here.

The LFN Developer & Testing Forum is the primary technical event for the LFN project communities. During these events, 500+ community members converge via sessions, workshops, tutorials, and demos to further project releases; discuss project architecture, direction, and integration points; and further innovate through the open source networking stack.

[...]

SAVE THE DATE: Open Networking & Edge Summit (Nov 15-16)

Brandon Wick

LF Networking Communities:

We're excited to confirm that the Open Networking & Edge Summit will be held November 15-16 at the Sheraton Grand Hyatt in Seattle, WA USA. We're excited to be seeing many of you in person at last! The event will be followed by a two-day LFN Developer & Testing Forum (Nov 17-18) in the same venue. We'll be sharing more information as it becomes available, but in the meantime: SAVE THE DATE!

Reminder: If you haven't already, please register for the spring event -- the Open Networking & Edge Executive Forum (April 12-14). It's being hosted virtually across time zones and if free to attend.

Please send any questions you may have to events@...

Thanks!

Re: TSC Meeting -> Daylight Savings Time in US

Dave Wallace

Thanks Kenny!
-daw-

On 3/16/22 4:31 PM, kpaul@... wrote:

I’ve now got a direct conflict with another standing weekly that is anchored to UTC rather than a region. I’ll work with staff to figure coverage since I can’t get out of the other one.

:-{

Thanks!
-kenny