Date   

Re: GoVPP committer promotion - Nathan Skrzypczak

Vladimir Lavor
 

Hello TSC,

 

I want to inform you (also on behalf of Ondrej Fabry) that voting for Nathan’s nomination was closed.

Thanks for all your votes.

 

Here are links to the voting threads:

https://lists.fd.io/g/govpp-dev/topic/91516719#98
https://lists.fd.io/g/govpp-dev/topic/91724929#100

 

I also repeat my +1 here because it was lost somewhere in the voting thread.

 

Thanks,

--vl

 

From: Vladimir Lavor -X (vlavor - PANTHEON TECH SRO at Cisco)
Sent: piatok 3. júna 2022 9:04
To: govpp-dev@...
Cc: tsc@...
Subject: GoVPP committer promotion - Nathan Skrzypczak

 

Hi GoVPP committers,

 

I would like to nominate Nathan Skrzypczak as a new committer for the GoVPP project.

 

Nathan has been contributing to GoVPP since 2020 and already has several contributions:

 

https://gerrit.fd.io/r/gitweb?p=govpp.git;a=search;s=Nathan+Skrzypczak;st=author

 

Let's close the nomination period by Wednesday 15th June 20:00 UTC.

 

Please vote in this e-mail thread.

 

Thanks,


Re: FDIO Maintenance - 2022-06-09 15:30 UTC to 1930 UTC

Vanessa Valderrama
 

Maintenance is complete. Please open a ticket at support.linuxfoundation.org if you have any issues.

Thanks,

Vanessa

On 6/9/22 9:26 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Putting Jenkins in shutdown mode in preparation for maintenance.

On 6/8/22 2:19 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

This maintenance is pending TSC approval tomorrow.

What:

  • Jenkins production
    • OS and security updates
    • Jenkins upgrade
    • Plugin upgrades
    • JDK upgrade
    • Jenkins performance tuning
  • Gerrit
    • OS and security updates
    • Gerrit upgrade
    • JDK upgrade
When:  2022-06-09 15:30 UTC to 1930 UTC

Why:

We normally do not perform maintenance during a release cycle but we're seeing intermittent timeouts on VPP/CSIT jobs. I discussed this with Dave and we agreed we'd like to try resolve these issues before the start of RC2.


Impact:

Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1430 UTC. All running jobs will be terminated at 15:30 UTC.

The following services will be unavailable during the maintenance window:
  • Jenkins sandbox and production
  • Gerrit


Re: FDIO Maintenance - 2022-06-09 15:30 UTC to 1930 UTC

Vanessa Valderrama
 

Putting Jenkins in shutdown mode in preparation for maintenance.

On 6/8/22 2:19 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

This maintenance is pending TSC approval tomorrow.

What:

  • Jenkins production
    • OS and security updates
    • Jenkins upgrade
    • Plugin upgrades
    • JDK upgrade
    • Jenkins performance tuning
  • Gerrit
    • OS and security updates
    • Gerrit upgrade
    • JDK upgrade
When:  2022-06-09 15:30 UTC to 1930 UTC

Why:

We normally do not perform maintenance during a release cycle but we're seeing intermittent timeouts on VPP/CSIT jobs. I discussed this with Dave and we agreed we'd like to try resolve these issues before the start of RC2.


Impact:

Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1430 UTC. All running jobs will be terminated at 15:30 UTC.

The following services will be unavailable during the maintenance window:
  • Jenkins sandbox and production
  • Gerrit


Vratko to proxy for me in TSC meeting today.

Maciek Konstantynowicz (mkonstan)
 

// resending to tsc list for posterity :)

I have a conflict. Thank you. -Maciek


FDIO Maintenance - 2022-06-09 15:30 UTC to 1930 UTC

Vanessa Valderrama
 

This maintenance is pending TSC approval tomorrow.

What:

  • Jenkins production
    • OS and security updates
    • Jenkins upgrade
    • Plugin upgrades
    • JDK upgrade
    • Jenkins performance tuning
  • Gerrit
    • OS and security updates
    • Gerrit upgrade
    • JDK upgrade
When:  2022-06-09 15:30 UTC to 1930 UTC

Why:

We normally do not perform maintenance during a release cycle but we're seeing intermittent timeouts on VPP/CSIT jobs. I discussed this with Dave and we agreed we'd like to try resolve these issues before the start of RC2.


Impact:

Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1430 UTC. All running jobs will be terminated at 15:30 UTC.

The following services will be unavailable during the maintenance window:
  • Jenkins sandbox and production
  • Gerrit


Re: [lfn-TAC] Remote Participation at the Porto DTF

Kenny Paul
 

Dear Communities,

 

Based upon discussions between the LF and the venue and conversation during today’s event committee meeting, the following decisions have been made regarding remote attendance and the virtual-only track for the event.  All other aspects of Heather’s original email to the community from May 19th (attached) regarding remote attendance still apply.

 

What has changed:

  • The Project representatives on the event committee have agreed to manage the scheduling and coordination of virtual sessions for their communities. Please contact your committee rep for any updates or changes to a virtual-only session.  ( Your reps are listed on the upper right of the wiki landing page for the event.  https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/x/oQboAw )
  • Virtual-only sessions are now included on the main event schedule along with all of the other sessions https://teamup.com/ksgw6qzqcmg9zbzsfq?date=2022-06-13&view=md4 .
    • The old virtual-only scheduling page has been locked and is considered deprecated.
  • The Ariane 1 conference room in Portugal has been set aside for on-site attendees to view all virtual-only sessions if they desire.
    • This room will be equipped with a dedicated laptop that will simply stream the assigned zoom bridge all day long.
    • This is the only room where virtual sessions will take place.
  • To better facilitate remote attendance to community-wide topics, integrated A/V is being configured for the plenary sessions on day-1 ONLY.

 

What is the same:

  • Remote attendance is still being accommodated on a best-effort basis only. Access and/or connectivity to any session cannot be guaranteed.
  • All virtual-only sessions will remain single tracked.
  • Zoom bridges will be allocated to all of the rooms, just as we usually do.
  • It remains the responsibility of the presenters to join those bridges and share content, audio, and record the session all via their own laptop.
  • There is no managed network being provisioned for the presenters.
  • There will be no integration into any of the in-room microphone and A/V set ups. (Excluding the day-1 plenary sessions as previously noted above.)
  • Onsite technical support is unavailable for troubleshooting audio or other issues related to remote connectivity.

 

Hopefully these changes will better accomodate those that are unable to join us in person.

I’m looking forward to seeing you all at the event! :-D

 

Thanks!

-kenny


Kenny Paul, Sr. Technical Community Architect

  ONAP Project & LFN Governing Board

  kpaul@...,  +1.510.766.5945, US Pacific time zone.

 

From: lfn-tac@... <lfn-tac@...> On Behalf Of Heather Kirksey
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2022 8:08 PM
To: TAC <lfn-tac@...>; odim-tsc@...; onap-tsc <onap-tsc@...>; anuket-tsc@...; xgvela-tsc@...; tsc@...; TSC <tsc@...>; emco-tsc@...; TF TSC <tsc@...>; l3af-tsc@...
Subject: [lfn-TAC] Remote Participation at the Porto DTF

 

Dear Communities,

 

We are getting numerous requests for our June Developer and Testing Forum to be a hybrid event. We understand why: some geographies are still experiencing surges, corporate travel policies remain conservative, and some community members are not yet ready to travel. These are all valid.

 

The answer is, sadly, that we can’t. Bluntly, enabling a hybrid event would incur about a full 30% increase in total cost for what is a free event. We cannot do this and remain fiscally responsible. Additionally, it’s not a great experience for either on-site or remote participants. 

 

As Unix philosophy states, “Do one thing and do it well.”

 

Since Unix philosophy also asserts the "need to work together,” LFN staff have come up with some adhoc solutions to enable community participation that will be provided on an unmanaged, self-serve, best effort basis.  Please note that last sentence and note it well. We can enable but not ensure remote participation.

 

Here is what it looks like:

 

  • Zoom bridges will be allocated to all of the rooms just as we have always done, with these caveats:

 

o   All devices will be on the same Wifi network, including the presenter/facilitator slide show (i.e., subject to venue Wifi and public internet considerations) – there will be no managed network for presenter laptops.

 

o   We cannot guarantee integration into the in-room microphone and A/V set-up. Attendees can obviously use things like USB speakers to aid in listening to discussions, but obviously quality will be best-effort. This may work fine for small breakout sessions but will likely be inadequate for larger rooms.

o   Did I say Best Effort? That means there will not be full onsite technical support to troubleshoot audio or other issues related to remote connectivity. Please do not confuse your community architects with onsite IT. :)

 

  • Consider the experience of those on-site. Half an hour spent asking “Can you hear me now” is a poor use of time for those humans sitting together in a room halfway around the world. Nor does it advance our work.

 

  • We are setting up one virtual-only track for folks to use as they see fit.  
    • No meeting rooms will be assigned to virtual-only sessions. If folks on-site elect to attend a virtual-only presentation, they can simply join the associated zoom session just like any other zoom call on any day of the week.
    • The program committee will not take virtual-only sessions into account during their scheduling and planning. Please do not expect them to move things around to accommodate a conflict between an on-site and virtual-only session. Be kind to your programming committee.
    • Virtual-only sessions still require a Topic Page and the following all of the traditional ground rules.
    • Scheduling  a virtual-only session is first-come, first-served. Simply add your session to the wiki page: https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/x/pa4ZB  

 

As our event team works with the venue and A/V team, we will let you know if anything changes.

 

Finally, one last bit of Unix philosophy: “Economy and elegance of design through resource constraints.” The pandemic lockdowns started suddenly, but we find that they’re not ending that way. Connecting in-person again turns out to be bumpy and sometimes painful. We’re all doing our best, as a set of communities under constraints. This can either be a source of conflict or a source of creativity. Our choice. None but ours.

 

I appreciate everyone’s optimism, flexibility, and patience at this time as we all figure it out.

 

Heather

 

--

Heather Kirksey

VP, Ecosystem and Community

LF Networking

Mobile: +1.512.917.7938

Email/Google Talk: hkirksey@...

IRC: HKirksey

 


GoVPP committer promotion - Nathan Skrzypczak

Vladimir Lavor
 

Hi GoVPP committers,

 

I would like to nominate Nathan Skrzypczak as a new committer for the GoVPP project.

 

Nathan has been contributing to GoVPP since 2020 and already has several contributions:

 

https://gerrit.fd.io/r/gitweb?p=govpp.git;a=search;s=Nathan+Skrzypczak;st=author

 

Let's close the nomination period by Wednesday 15th June 20:00 UTC.

 

Please vote in this e-mail thread.

 

Thanks,


Re: FD.io Jenkins Sandbox

Vanessa Valderrama
 

Sandbox is back up and available.

Thank you,

Vanessa

On 6/1/22 2:55 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:
I sent this message a little too soon. After plugin updates, we're getting errors on startup. Investigating now.

On 6/1/22 1:43 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:
Sandbox testing is complete. Production upgrades will be after the 22.06 release.

Thank you,

Vanessa

On 5/25/22 11:09 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:
We are going to be testing a Jenkins and JDK upgrade on the sandbox. There may be downtime during testing. Please feel free to ping me via Slack if you have any issues or concerns.

Thank you,
Vanessa


Re: FD.io Jenkins Sandbox

Vanessa Valderrama
 

I sent this message a little too soon. After plugin updates, we're getting errors on startup. Investigating now.

On 6/1/22 1:43 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:
Sandbox testing is complete. Production upgrades will be after the 22.06 release.

Thank you,

Vanessa

On 5/25/22 11:09 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:
We are going to be testing a Jenkins and JDK upgrade on the sandbox. There may be downtime during testing. Please feel free to ping me via Slack if you have any issues or concerns.

Thank you,
Vanessa


Re: FD.io Jenkins Sandbox

Vanessa Valderrama
 

Sandbox testing is complete. Production upgrades will be after the 22.06 release.

Thank you,

Vanessa

On 5/25/22 11:09 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:
We are going to be testing a Jenkins and JDK upgrade on the sandbox. There may be downtime during testing. Please feel free to ping me via Slack if you have any issues or concerns.

Thank you,
Vanessa


FD.io at LFN D&TF

Vratko Polak -X (vrpolak - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco)
 

Follow up to discussion about announced FD.io topics

for LFN Developer & Testing Forum.

 

June:

 

Good informative wiki sub-page: https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/display/LN/2022-06-DD+-+FD.io%3A+StoneWork+introduction

Less informative parent wiki page: https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=65537697
Event page (just linking to the wiki above): https://events.linuxfoundation.org/lfn-developer-testing-forum/
Community page (bad info; copy from January): https://community.lfnetworking.org/events/details/linux-foundation-lfn-developer-testing-forums-presents-lfn-developer-testing-forum-june-2022/

November:

I found just this stub: https://lfnetworking.org/event/lfn-developer-testing-forum-november/

 

Vratko.


FD.io Jenkins Sandbox

Vanessa Valderrama
 

We are going to be testing a Jenkins and JDK upgrade on the sandbox. There may be downtime during testing. Please feel free to ping me via Slack if you have any issues or concerns.

Thank you,
Vanessa


Remote Participation at the Porto DTF

Casey Cain
 

Dear Communities,


Please read this message from our VP of Ecosystem and Community, Heather Kirksey.


We are getting numerous requests for our June Developer and Testing Forum to be a hybrid event. We understand why: some geographies are still experiencing surges, corporate travel policies remain conservative, and some community members are not yet ready to travel. These are all valid.


The answer is, sadly, that we can’t. Bluntly, enabling a hybrid event would incur about a full 30% increase in total cost for what is a free event. We cannot do this and remain fiscally responsible. Additionally, it’s not a great experience for either on-site or remote participants. 


As Unix philosophy states, “Do one thing and do it well.”


Since Unix philosophy also asserts the "need to work together,” LFN staff have come up with some adhoc solutions to enable community participation that will be provided on an unmanaged, self-serve, best effort basis.  Please note that last sentence and note it well. We can enable but not ensure remote participation.


Here is what it looks like:


  • Zoom bridges will be allocated to all of the rooms just as we have always done, with these caveats:


  • All devices will be on the same Wifi network, including the presenter/facilitator slide show (i.e., subject to venue Wifi and public internet considerations) – there will be no managed network for presenter laptops.


  • We cannot guarantee integration into the in-room microphone and A/V set-up. Attendees can obviously use things like USB speakers to aid in listening to discussions, but obviously quality will be best-effort. This may work fine for small breakout sessions but will likely be inadequate for larger rooms.

  • Did I say Best Effort? That means there will not be full onsite technical support to troubleshoot audio or other issues related to remote connectivity. Please do not confuse your community architects with onsite IT. :)


  • Consider the experience of those on-site. Half an hour spent asking “Can you hear me now” is a poor use of time for those humans sitting together in a room halfway around the world. Nor does it advance our work.


  • We are setting up one virtual-only track for folks to use as they see fit.  

    • No meeting rooms will be assigned to virtual-only sessions. If folks on-site elect to attend a virtual-only presentation, they can simply join the associated zoom session just like any other zoom call on any day of the week.

    • The program committee will not take virtual-only sessions into account during their scheduling and planning. Please do not expect them to move things around to accommodate a conflict between an on-site and virtual-only session. Be kind to your programming committee.

    • Virtual-only sessions still require a Topic Page and the following all of the traditional ground rules.

    • Scheduling  a virtual-only session is first-come, first-served. Simply add your session to the wiki page: https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/x/pa4ZB  


As our event team works with the venue and A/V team, we will let you know if anything changes.


Finally, one last bit of Unix philosophy: “Economy and elegance of design through resource constraints.” The pandemic lockdowns started suddenly, but we find that they’re not ending that way. Connecting in-person again turns out to be bumpy and sometimes painful. We’re all doing our best, as a set of communities under constraints. This can either be a source of conflict or a source of creativity. Our choice. None but ours.


I appreciate everyone’s optimism, flexibility, and patience at this time as we all figure it out.


Heather


--
Heather Kirksey
VP, Ecosystem and Community
LF Networking
Mobile: +1.512.917.7938
Email/Google Talk: hkirksey@...
IRC: HKirksey


Re: FD.io Nexus SHUTDOWN: 2022-05-16 16:00 UTC

Vanessa Valderrama
 

We'll be shutting down Nexus shortly. Please open a ticket at support.linuxfoundation.org if you have any issues.

Thank you,

Vanessa

On 5/2/22 11:21 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

What:

LF will be decommissioning https://nexus.fd.io on 2022-05-16 at 16:00 UTC. We believe all required artifacts have been migrated to PackageCloud (packages) and S3 (logs and docs).

If your project has artifacts in Nexus that need to be migrated please migrate required artifacts or open a ticket at support.linuxfoundation.org if you need assistance.


When:

2022-05-16 16:00 UTC

Impact:

https://nexus.fd.io will no longer be accessible



Re: FD.io Nexus SHUTDOWN: 2022-05-16 16:00 UTC

Vanessa Valderrama
 

Reminder, Nexus will be shutdown on Monday.

On 5/2/22 11:21 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

What:

LF will be decommissioning https://nexus.fd.io on 2022-05-16 at 16:00 UTC. We believe all required artifacts have been migrated to PackageCloud (packages) and S3 (logs and docs).

If your project has artifacts in Nexus that need to be migrated please migrate required artifacts or open a ticket at support.linuxfoundation.org if you need assistance.


When:

2022-05-16 16:00 UTC

Impact:

https://nexus.fd.io will no longer be accessible



FD.io Nexus SHUTDOWN: 2022-05-16 16:00 UTC

Vanessa Valderrama
 

What:

LF will be decommissioning https://nexus.fd.io on 2022-05-16 at 16:00 UTC. We believe all required artifacts have been migrated to PackageCloud (packages) and S3 (logs and docs).

If your project has artifacts in Nexus that need to be migrated please migrate required artifacts or open a ticket at support.linuxfoundation.org if you need assistance.


When:

2022-05-16 16:00 UTC

Impact:

https://nexus.fd.io will no longer be accessible



Re: Zoom password problems

Edward Warnicke
 

If you have a GMail account, you can usually log in with that as well :)

Ed

On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 9:56 AM Joel Halpern via lists.fd.io <joel.halpern=ericsson.com@...> wrote:
I seem to be unable to sign it.  Zoom will not let me tell it that I forgot my password.

And no chat access today.
Sorry.
Joel 

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G, an AT&T 5G smartphone
Get Outlook for Android




Zoom password problems

Joel Halpern
 

I seem to be unable to sign it.  Zoom will not let me tell it that I forgot my password.

And no chat access today.
Sorry.
Joel 

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G, an AT&T 5G smartphone
Get Outlook for Android


Re: AWS Open Source Credits

Maciek Konstantynowicz (mkonstan)
 

Hi Vanessa,

Many thanks for reaching out.

I am the root user registered for CSIT AWS account. I will contact you directly with required details and to work through the application.

Cheers,
Maciek

On 21 Apr 2022, at 16:11, Vanessa Valderrama <vvalderrama@...> wrote:

I'm in the process of submitting an AWS application for Open Source credits. This year we'll be submitting two applications. One for the LF INFRA and one for the CSIT AWS resources. I need a CSIT contact (name, email, phone) for the application as well as help answering the question, "What are you looking to accomplish with the Activate credits?". We want to focus on how the open source community can benefit from the FD.io CSIT project using AWS resources. Please let me know who the contact should be and I'll work with that person to finish the application.

Thank you,

Vanessa




AWS Open Source Credits

Vanessa Valderrama
 

I'm in the process of submitting an AWS application for Open Source credits. This year we'll be submitting two applications. One for the LF INFRA and one for the CSIT AWS resources. I need a CSIT contact (name, email, phone) for the application as well as help answering the question, "What are you looking to accomplish with the Activate credits?". We want to focus on how the open source community can benefit from the FD.io CSIT project using AWS resources. Please let me know who the contact should be and I'll work with that person to finish the application.

Thank you,

Vanessa

21 - 40 of 1719