Date

Bay Area fd.io meetup

Keith Burns <alagalah@...>

Is there anyone interested in working with me on forming a regular fd.io Bay Area Meetup?

NETLINK project proposal working doc

Keith Burns <alagalah@...>

Excuse the tardiness, but please find the link to the working doc for creating a NETLINK project proposal.

Please note, in the past with these things I have found it effective to
  • give public comment access
  • Committer write access
Since I don’t know anyone’s preferred gdoc account, simply request edit access if you are interested in being an initial committer to the project.

My thoughts on committers:
  • Table stakes is significant code contribution
  • Time commitment to code review and
  • Ensuring that patches and feature proposals stay within the scope of the project.

Re: Initial Security Process draft

Ashlee Young <ashlee@...>

Understood. Thank you for the feedback!!!

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 7:18 AM -0700, "Joel Halpern" <joel.halpern@...> wrote:

I did not realize there were any meaningful choices to be made in terms of protecting the project.

Given that there are choices, we should consider the issue, rather than just letting it slide.

I do consider it a separate issue from the security process for getting, processing, and resolving security issues in the code itself.

From: Joel Halpern <joel.halpern@...>
Date: Thursday, March 17, 2016 at 6:36 AM
To: Ashlee <ashlee@...>, "tsc@..." <tsc@...>

The later parts of this looked philosophically correct (we need a way to get reports and react to them, …)

I am a little confused about the earlier part of the deck, as it seems to be about protecting the project resources themselves from attacks.  While important, my understanding is that such was the LF responsibility.  We can report problems, but it is not a TSC task.

From: Joel Halpern <joel.halpern@...>
Date: Thursday, March 17, 2016 at 6:36 AM
To: Ashlee <ashlee@...>, "tsc@..." <tsc@...>

From: Joel Halpern <joel.halpern@...>
Date: Thursday, March 17, 2016 at 6:36 AM
To: Ashlee <ashlee@...>, "tsc@..." <tsc@...>

[...]

Changed Project Proposal wiki template

Keith Burns <alagalah@...>

Added “Administrata” section (rename as you see fit) with sections for link to TSC email requesting consideration and date of proposal.

Could potentially add “Review data/link to acceptance email” if folks feel inclined.

fd.io Training/Hackfest Apr 4-7: Registration Link

Edward Warnicke

The registration link for the fd.io Training/Hackfest for Apr 4-7 is now live:

Space is limited, so please register ASAP :)

Ed

Re: fd.io information visiblity

Vincent JARDIN

On DPDK website, we use the KIS logic:
- simple HTML that anyone can understand
- web content is opened to any contributions
http://dpdk.org/browse/tools/dpdk-web/
content updates are reviewed on the mailing list
transposed to FDio, it means a new gerrit component for the web-content

best regards,
Vincent

Le 14/03/2016 13:16, Joel Halpern a écrit :
Yes, the dpdk.org pages are MUCH more accessible.
Ed, what do we have to do to cause this problem to get some attention from LF staff?

From: Edward Warnicke <hagbard@...>
Date: Tuesday, March 8, 2016 at 11:22 AM
To: Vina Ermagan <vermagan@...>
Cc: "tsc@..." <tsc@...>, "Florin Coras (fcoras)" <fcoras@...>
Subject: Re: [tsc] Request Creation Review for Overlay Network Engine

Thank you for your request, I have added you to the future agenda items here:

Ed

On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 4:37 PM, Vina Ermagan (vermagan) <vermagan@...> wrote:

Dear TSC,

Overlay Network Engine (ONE) proposed a project on 03/07/2016:

https://lists.fd.io/pipermail/tsc/2016-March/000043.html

https://lists.fd.io/pipermail/project-lifecycle/2016-March/000000.html

I would like to request a creation review for Overlay Network Engine on 03/24/2016.

Thank you,

Vina Ermagan