Date   

Re: [infra-steering] FD.io Maintenance: 2018-01-24 @ 1900 UTC (12:00pm PDT)

Vanessa Valderrama
 

Dave,

That's not a problem.  We'll reschedule for the following week.

Thank you,
Vanessa

On 01/19/2018 01:52 PM, Dave Wallace -X (dwallace - NETPACE INC at Cisco) wrote:
Vanessa,

The VPP 18.01 official release is on Wed 1/24.  Can you please postpone this until after the release is complete?

Thanks,
-daw-


On 1/19/2018 12:36 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Please let Linux Foundation know if this planned maintenance creates a conflict for project work.

What:

  • System updates
  • Upgrade JIRA v7.6.x
  • Upgrade Jenkins v2.89.3
  • Update Jenkins plugin
When:

2018-01-24 @ 1900 UTC (12:00pm PDT)


Impact:

Each system will be unavailable for approximately 15 minutes during upgrade and restart

Why:

Standard OS updates and upgrades


_______________________________________________
infra-steering mailing list
infra-steering@...
https://lists.fd.io/mailman/listinfo/infra-steering



Re: [infra-steering] FD.io Maintenance: 2018-01-24 @ 1900 UTC (12:00pm PDT)

Dave Wallace -X (dwallace - NETPACE INC@Cisco) <dwallace@...>
 

Vanessa,

The VPP 18.01 official release is on Wed 1/24.  Can you please postpone this until after the release is complete?

Thanks,
-daw-


On 1/19/2018 12:36 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Please let Linux Foundation know if this planned maintenance creates a conflict for project work.

What:

  • System updates
  • Upgrade JIRA v7.6.x
  • Upgrade Jenkins v2.89.3
  • Update Jenkins plugin
When:

2018-01-24 @ 1900 UTC (12:00pm PDT)


Impact:

Each system will be unavailable for approximately 15 minutes during upgrade and restart

Why:

Standard OS updates and upgrades


_______________________________________________
infra-steering mailing list
infra-steering@...
https://lists.fd.io/mailman/listinfo/infra-steering


FD.io Maintenance: 2018-01-24 @ 1900 UTC (12:00pm PDT)

Vanessa Valderrama
 

Please let Linux Foundation know if this planned maintenance creates a conflict for project work.

What:

  • System updates
  • Upgrade JIRA v7.6.x
  • Upgrade Jenkins v2.89.3
  • Update Jenkins plugin
When:

2018-01-24 @ 1900 UTC (12:00pm PDT)


Impact:

Each system will be unavailable for approximately 15 minutes during upgrade and restart

Why:

Standard OS updates and upgrades


Seeking demo ideas for LFN booth at ONS

Brandon Wick
 

FD.io Technical Community:

We wanted to reach out and let you know that there will be space for a few demos in the LF Networking (LFN) Booth at ONS. We've received a couple good ideas already and are looking for a few more to consider. Our goal is to show compelling uses of LFN networking project technology to solve real world industry challenges. Demos that show cross-project elements (e.g. between ODL, ONAP, OPNFV, FD.io), that map to a specific industry use case, and that are endorsed by a service provider are preferred. That said, we have some room for demos that highlight the innovative work and value-add from projects that don't necessarily meet these criteria.  

Please submit your demo ideas by January 26 by sending an email to bwick@...LFN staff leadership will then review the options make the final determination which demos can be accommodated. Idea submitters will be notified by February 2.

In your email describing your demo idea and requirements, please indicate who the demo manager(s) will be. A demo manager is required as part of each demo proposal and will be responsible for the following:
  • Define the scope and storyline of the demo
  • Respond promptly to requests for additional information
  • Meet all requested deadlines
  • Setup and test the demo pre-show
  • Staff the demo during the expo hours (along with some other designated team members to help share the load)
  • Be willing to participate in media activities, e.g. video
  • Take down the demo post event
ONS sponsors are of course welcome to host demos in their booths on the show floor. Check with your sponsorship managers to explore these opportunities. 

Please let me know if you have any questions and we look forward to hearing your ideas.

Best, 

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager, The Linux Foundation
Mobile: +1.917.282.0960  Skype: wick.brandon
Email / Google Talk: bwick@...g


Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager, The Linux Foundation
Mobile: +1.917.282.0960  Skype: wick.brandon
Email / Google Talk: bwick@...


Re: [nsh_sfc-dev] [vpp-dev] Stepping down as NSH_SFC PTL

Ni, Hongjun
 

Hi all,

 

Thank you all for your great help and support!

 

Will continue to contribute and promote FD.io project.

 

Thanks again,

Hongjun

 

From: tsc-bounces@... [mailto:tsc-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Ed Warnicke
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2018 12:07 AM
To: Kinsella, Ray <ray.kinsella@...>
Cc: tsc@...; Zhou, Danny <danny.zhou@...>; vpp-dev@...; nsh_sfc-dev@...
Subject: Re: [tsc] [nsh_sfc-dev] [vpp-dev] Stepping down as NSH_SFC PTL

 

Ray,

 

Thanks for letting us know!  

 

Honjun,

 

Congratulations!

 

Ed

 

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 7:11 AM Kinsella, Ray <ray.kinsella@...> wrote:

 

Hongjun is elected as NSH_SFC PLT.

Trishan – can you make the update from the LF side?

 

Thanks and congrats Hongjun,

 

Ray K

 

From: tsc-bounces@... [mailto:tsc-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Keith Burns
Sent: Wednesday 10 January 2018 00:27
To: Zhou, Danny <danny.zhou@...>
Cc: tsc@...; nsh_sfc-dev@...; vpp-dev@...
Subject: Re: [tsc] [vpp-dev] [nsh_sfc-dev] Stepping down as NSH_SFC PTL

 

+1 Hongjun!

 

On Jan 4, 2018 7:15 PM, "Zhou, Danny" <danny.zhou@...> wrote:

+1 for Hongjun

 

From: ash@... [mailto:ash@...]
Sent: Friday, January 5, 2018 9:06 AM
To: Zhou, Danny <danny.zhou@...>; tsc@...; nsh_sfc-dev@...
Cc: vpp-dev@...
Subject: Re: [nsh_sfc-dev] Stepping down as NSH_SFC PTL

 

+1

 

Thanks for all your hard work!

 

Ash

 

Ash Young

 

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 8:32 PM -0600, "Zhou, Danny" <danny.zhou@...> wrote:

Hi TSC,

I've been taking the NSH_SFC PTL role 1 year ago. It has been a pleasure, but also a burden as there are some personal reasons make me cannot focus on NSH_SFC anymore, so I am stepping down as NSH_SFC PTL with immediate effect. Additionally, I would like to nominate Hongjun Ni, who is the most active NSH_SFC maintainer in 2017, as new NSH_SFC PTL for his excellent contribution as below:

l  Upstreamed 42 patches totally cover Ingress Classifier, SFF, Egress Classifier, NSH-Proxy, NSH-aware NAT, MD-Type2, NSH over Ethernet and NSH TTL.

l  Published four NSH_SFC Releases: 17.01, 17.04, 17.07 and 17.10.

 

NSH_SFC maintainers,

 

Pls vote for Hongjun Ni by directly replying this email.

 

-Danny


_______________________________________________
vpp-dev mailing list
vpp-dev@...
https://lists.fd.io/mailman/listinfo/vpp-dev

_______________________________________________
nsh_sfc-dev mailing list
nsh_sfc-dev@...
https://lists.fd.io/mailman/listinfo/nsh_sfc-dev


OSN Days India Tour -- Help Spread the Word!

Brandon Wick
 

FD.io Technical Community:

Open Source Networking Days (OSN Days) are coming to India! Please help us spread the word by forwarding this email to your contacts and teams in India! 
  • Mumbai, January 19
  • Pune, January 22
  • Bangalore, January 24
  • Delhi, January 25
See the OSN Days website for more information and to register. There are specific pages for each location with logistical and programming information. Local site hosts are organizing these events with support from sponsors and the Linux Foundation networking projects.

Attendees will hear from a roster of expert speakers on the state of the industry, the projects that make up the open networking stack and their use cases, the business opportunities enabled by network transformation, and how to get involved. This is a great chance to meet face-to-face and collaborate with the open networking community in India. There is no cost to attend. 

Please direct any questions to osndays@...

Best, 

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager, The Linux Foundation
Mobile: +1.917.282.0960  Skype: wick.brandon
Email / Google Talk: bwick@...


Re: [nsh_sfc-dev] [vpp-dev] Stepping down as NSH_SFC PTL

Edward Warnicke
 

Ray,

Thanks for letting us know!  

Honjun,

Congratulations!

Ed

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 7:11 AM Kinsella, Ray <ray.kinsella@...> wrote:

 

Hongjun is elected as NSH_SFC PLT.

Trishan – can you make the update from the LF side?

 

Thanks and congrats Hongjun,

 

Ray K

 

From: tsc-bounces@... [mailto:tsc-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Keith Burns
Sent: Wednesday 10 January 2018 00:27
To: Zhou, Danny <danny.zhou@...>
Cc: tsc@...; nsh_sfc-dev@...; vpp-dev@...
Subject: Re: [tsc] [vpp-dev] [nsh_sfc-dev] Stepping down as NSH_SFC PTL

 

+1 Hongjun!

 

On Jan 4, 2018 7:15 PM, "Zhou, Danny" <danny.zhou@...> wrote:

+1 for Hongjun

 

From: ash@... [mailto:ash@...]
Sent: Friday, January 5, 2018 9:06 AM
To: Zhou, Danny <danny.zhou@...>; tsc@...; nsh_sfc-dev@...
Cc: vpp-dev@...
Subject: Re: [nsh_sfc-dev] Stepping down as NSH_SFC PTL

 

+1

 

Thanks for all your hard work!

 

Ash

 

Ash Young

 

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 8:32 PM -0600, "Zhou, Danny" <danny.zhou@...> wrote:

Hi TSC,

I've been taking the NSH_SFC PTL role 1 year ago. It has been a pleasure, but also a burden as there are some personal reasons make me cannot focus on NSH_SFC anymore, so I am stepping down as NSH_SFC PTL with immediate effect. Additionally, I would like to nominate Hongjun Ni, who is the most active NSH_SFC maintainer in 2017, as new NSH_SFC PTL for his excellent contribution as below:

l  Upstreamed 42 patches totally cover Ingress Classifier, SFF, Egress Classifier, NSH-Proxy, NSH-aware NAT, MD-Type2, NSH over Ethernet and NSH TTL.

l  Published four NSH_SFC Releases: 17.01, 17.04, 17.07 and 17.10.

 

NSH_SFC maintainers,

 

Pls vote for Hongjun Ni by directly replying this email.

 

-Danny


_______________________________________________
vpp-dev mailing list
vpp-dev@...
https://lists.fd.io/mailman/listinfo/vpp-dev

_______________________________________________
nsh_sfc-dev mailing list
nsh_sfc-dev@...
https://lists.fd.io/mailman/listinfo/nsh_sfc-dev


Re: [vpp-dev] [nsh_sfc-dev] Stepping down as NSH_SFC PTL

Ray Kinsella
 

 

Hongjun is elected as NSH_SFC PLT.

Trishan – can you make the update from the LF side?

 

Thanks and congrats Hongjun,

 

Ray K

 

From: tsc-bounces@... [mailto:tsc-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Keith Burns
Sent: Wednesday 10 January 2018 00:27
To: Zhou, Danny <danny.zhou@...>
Cc: tsc@...; nsh_sfc-dev@...; vpp-dev@...
Subject: Re: [tsc] [vpp-dev] [nsh_sfc-dev] Stepping down as NSH_SFC PTL

 

+1 Hongjun!

 

On Jan 4, 2018 7:15 PM, "Zhou, Danny" <danny.zhou@...> wrote:

+1 for Hongjun

 

From: ash@... [mailto:ash@...]
Sent: Friday, January 5, 2018 9:06 AM
To: Zhou, Danny <danny.zhou@...>; tsc@...; nsh_sfc-dev@...
Cc: vpp-dev@...
Subject: Re: [nsh_sfc-dev] Stepping down as NSH_SFC PTL

 

+1

 

Thanks for all your hard work!

 

Ash

 

Ash Young

 

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 8:32 PM -0600, "Zhou, Danny" <danny.zhou@...> wrote:

Hi TSC,

I've been taking the NSH_SFC PTL role 1 year ago. It has been a pleasure, but also a burden as there are some personal reasons make me cannot focus on NSH_SFC anymore, so I am stepping down as NSH_SFC PTL with immediate effect. Additionally, I would like to nominate Hongjun Ni, who is the most active NSH_SFC maintainer in 2017, as new NSH_SFC PTL for his excellent contribution as below:

l  Upstreamed 42 patches totally cover Ingress Classifier, SFF, Egress Classifier, NSH-Proxy, NSH-aware NAT, MD-Type2, NSH over Ethernet and NSH TTL.

l  Published four NSH_SFC Releases: 17.01, 17.04, 17.07 and 17.10.

 

NSH_SFC maintainers,

 

Pls vote for Hongjun Ni by directly replying this email.

 

-Danny


_______________________________________________
vpp-dev mailing list
vpp-dev@...
https://lists.fd.io/mailman/listinfo/vpp-dev


Re: Project Proposal for DMM

George Zhao
 

Hi Joel,

 

The short answer is Yes.

 

DMM can and is actually planning to integrated with existing stacks, such as host stack and TLDK.  It can also integrated with other third party stacks, such as Tencent’s F-stack and LWIP.  It is a framework supports both user and kernel space, with multiple protocols and multiple instances.

 

Thanks,

George

 

 

From: tsc-bounces@... [mailto:tsc-bounces@...] On Behalf Of satish karunanithi
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2018 5:16 PM
To: Joel Halpern
Cc: tsc@...
Subject: Re: [tsc] Project Proposal for DMM

 

Hi Joel,

 

Can that be made to work with existing (e.g. socket) interfaces from the applications?  So that an application that is written to use the Linux kernel stack could by configuration, maybe with some small code changes in its startup code, use fd.io TLDK?

 

----- Yes using this framework with the existing interfaces from application it can be made to use TLDK or any protocol stack.

 

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 4:53 AM, Joel Halpern <joel.halpern@...> wrote:

Can that be made to work with existing (e.g. socket) interfaces from the applications?  So that an application that is written to use the Linux kernel stack could by configuration, maybe with some small code changes in its startup code, use fd.io TLDK?

 

Yours,

Joel

 

From: 亚雷 [mailto:wylandrea@...]
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2018 6:04 PM
To: Joel Halpern <joel.halpern@...>
Cc: George Zhao <George.Y.Zhao@...>; tsc@...
Subject: Re: [tsc] Project Proposal for DMM

 

Hi Joel,

 

 

This is my understanding.

 

/yalei

 

2018-01-11 23:06 GMT+08:00 Joel Halpern <joel.halpern@...>:

Two related sets of questions:

I am having trouble understanding from the proposal page what this will really do?  What problem is it trying to solve?

And I am unclear as to the relationship with vpp or fd.io?  At a guess from the material it is trying to define a general mechanism for multiple applications to share an interface? 

[yalei] Various apps may need match various protocol stack. DMM want to provide a common protocol stack interface/framework between vpp and app, then the unmodified app could use a proper stack based on dynamically or static configuration.

 

Thank you,

Joel

 

From: tsc-bounces@... [mailto:tsc-bounces@...] On Behalf Of George Zhao
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2018 2:29 AM
To: tsc@...
Subject: [tsc] Project Proposal for DMM

 

Hello FD.io TSCs

 

Please accept this project proposal for DMM for consideration.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/DMM

 

If possible I would like to present this on 1/25 TSC meeting.

 

Thanks,

George

 


_______________________________________________
tsc mailing list
tsc@...
https://lists.fd.io/mailman/listinfo/tsc

 


_______________________________________________
tsc mailing list
tsc@...
https://lists.fd.io/mailman/listinfo/tsc

 


Re: Project Proposal for DMM

Satish
 

Hi Joel,

Can that be made to work with existing (e.g. socket) interfaces from the applications?  So that an application that is written to use the Linux kernel stack could by configuration, maybe with some small code changes in its startup code, use fd.io TLDK?

----- Yes using this framework with the existing interfaces from application it can be made to use TLDK or any protocol stack.

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 4:53 AM, Joel Halpern <joel.halpern@...> wrote:

Can that be made to work with existing (e.g. socket) interfaces from the applications?  So that an application that is written to use the Linux kernel stack could by configuration, maybe with some small code changes in its startup code, use fd.io TLDK?

 

Yours,

Joel

 

From: 亚雷 [mailto:wylandrea@...]
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2018 6:04 PM
To: Joel Halpern <joel.halpern@...>
Cc: George Zhao <George.Y.Zhao@...>; tsc@...
Subject: Re: [tsc] Project Proposal for DMM

 

Hi Joel,

 

 

This is my understanding.

 

/yalei

 

2018-01-11 23:06 GMT+08:00 Joel Halpern <joel.halpern@...>:

Two related sets of questions:

I am having trouble understanding from the proposal page what this will really do?  What problem is it trying to solve?

And I am unclear as to the relationship with vpp or fd.io?  At a guess from the material it is trying to define a general mechanism for multiple applications to share an interface? 

[yalei] Various apps may need match various protocol stack. DMM want to provide a common protocol stack interface/framework between vpp and app, then the unmodified app could use a proper stack based on dynamically or static configuration.

 

Thank you,

Joel

 

From: tsc-bounces@... [mailto:tsc-bounces@....io] On Behalf Of George Zhao
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2018 2:29 AM
To: tsc@...
Subject: [tsc] Project Proposal for DMM

 

Hello FD.io TSCs

 

Please accept this project proposal for DMM for consideration.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/DMM

 

If possible I would like to present this on 1/25 TSC meeting.

 

Thanks,

George

 


_______________________________________________
tsc mailing list
tsc@...
https://lists.fd.io/mailman/listinfo/tsc

 


_______________________________________________
tsc mailing list
tsc@...
https://lists.fd.io/mailman/listinfo/tsc


Re: Project Proposal for DMM

Satish
 

Hi Joel,

The idea is to provide a abstract network stack framework in fd.io such that the framework takes care of choosing the network stack(vpp, lwip, tldk, kernal stack...) based on the Application(QOS), network state etc.. 


Inline image 1

Here Applications still use posix API syntax but which to use kernel stack or VPP stack or vpp's TLDK or lwIP(lightweight IP)  etc.... decided by the table entry mention above diagram.
This table will be populated by Controller or Orchestrator based on QOS of application or network state or other reasons....

Note: Will have No impact to existing applications. 


Thanks & Regards,
Satish.



On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 8:36 PM, Joel Halpern <joel.halpern@...> wrote:

Two related sets of questions:

I am having trouble understanding from the proposal page what this will really do?  What problem is it trying to solve?

And I am unclear as to the relationship with vpp or fd.io?  At a guess from the material it is trying to define a general mechanism for multiple applications to share an interface? 

 

Thank you,

Joel

 

From: tsc-bounces@... [mailto:tsc-bounces@....io] On Behalf Of George Zhao
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2018 2:29 AM
To: tsc@...
Subject: [tsc] Project Proposal for DMM

 

Hello FD.io TSCs

 

Please accept this project proposal for DMM for consideration.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/DMM

 

If possible I would like to present this on 1/25 TSC meeting.

 

Thanks,

George

 


_______________________________________________
tsc mailing list
tsc@...
https://lists.fd.io/mailman/listinfo/tsc


Re: Project Proposal for DMM

Joel Halpern
 

Can that be made to work with existing (e.g. socket) interfaces from the applications?  So that an application that is written to use the Linux kernel stack could by configuration, maybe with some small code changes in its startup code, use fd.io TLDK?

 

Yours,

Joel

 

From: 亚雷 [mailto:wylandrea@...]
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2018 6:04 PM
To: Joel Halpern <joel.halpern@...>
Cc: George Zhao <George.Y.Zhao@...>; tsc@...
Subject: Re: [tsc] Project Proposal for DMM

 

Hi Joel,

 

 

This is my understanding.

 

/yalei

 

2018-01-11 23:06 GMT+08:00 Joel Halpern <joel.halpern@...>:

Two related sets of questions:

I am having trouble understanding from the proposal page what this will really do?  What problem is it trying to solve?

And I am unclear as to the relationship with vpp or fd.io?  At a guess from the material it is trying to define a general mechanism for multiple applications to share an interface? 

[yalei] Various apps may need match various protocol stack. DMM want to provide a common protocol stack interface/framework between vpp and app, then the unmodified app could use a proper stack based on dynamically or static configuration.

 

Thank you,

Joel

 

From: tsc-bounces@... [mailto:tsc-bounces@...] On Behalf Of George Zhao
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2018 2:29 AM
To: tsc@...
Subject: [tsc] Project Proposal for DMM

 

Hello FD.io TSCs

 

Please accept this project proposal for DMM for consideration.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/DMM

 

If possible I would like to present this on 1/25 TSC meeting.

 

Thanks,

George

 


_______________________________________________
tsc mailing list
tsc@...
https://lists.fd.io/mailman/listinfo/tsc

 


Re: Project Proposal for DMM

wylandrea
 

Hi Joel,


This is my understanding.

/yalei

2018-01-11 23:06 GMT+08:00 Joel Halpern <joel.halpern@...>:

Two related sets of questions:

I am having trouble understanding from the proposal page what this will really do?  What problem is it trying to solve?

And I am unclear as to the relationship with vpp or fd.io?  At a guess from the material it is trying to define a general mechanism for multiple applications to share an interface? 

[yalei] Various apps may need match various protocol stack. DMM want to provide a common protocol stack interface/framework between vpp and app, then the unmodified app could use a proper stack based on dynamically or static configuration.

 

Thank you,

Joel

 

From: tsc-bounces@... [mailto:tsc-bounces@....io] On Behalf Of George Zhao
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2018 2:29 AM
To: tsc@...
Subject: [tsc] Project Proposal for DMM

 

Hello FD.io TSCs

 

Please accept this project proposal for DMM for consideration.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/DMM

 

If possible I would like to present this on 1/25 TSC meeting.

 

Thanks,

George

 


_______________________________________________
tsc mailing list
tsc@...
https://lists.fd.io/mailman/listinfo/tsc


Re: Project Proposal for DMM

Edward Warnicke
 

George,

I will add this to the future agenda section for Jan 25 for the TSC.  

Ed

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 9:06 AM Joel Halpern <joel.halpern@...> wrote:

Two related sets of questions:

I am having trouble understanding from the proposal page what this will really do?  What problem is it trying to solve?

And I am unclear as to the relationship with vpp or fd.io?  At a guess from the material it is trying to define a general mechanism for multiple applications to share an interface? 

 

Thank you,

Joel

 

From: tsc-bounces@... [mailto:tsc-bounces@...] On Behalf Of George Zhao
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2018 2:29 AM
To: tsc@...
Subject: [tsc] Project Proposal for DMM

 

Hello FD.io TSCs

 

Please accept this project proposal for DMM for consideration.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/DMM

 

If possible I would like to present this on 1/25 TSC meeting.

 

Thanks,

George

 

_______________________________________________
tsc mailing list
tsc@...
https://lists.fd.io/mailman/listinfo/tsc


FD.io transition to LFN - Minor Cosmetic Governance Changes

Edward Warnicke
 

On Jan 1, 2018, FD.io (among many other networking projects at LF) transitioned to being part of the LFN (Linux Foundation Networking project).

In practice, this means very little for us as a technical community, as LFN was carefully designed to leave the technical communities autonomous.

The primary change is that FD.io no longer has its own board, there is just the LFN board.

This shift, however, did entail the introduction of a FD.io Project Charter under the LFN (attached) and a minor revision to the FD.io Technical Community Charter (TCC) (redline attached).  

We anticipate the governance on the website being updated next week:


Re: Project Proposal for DMM

Joel Halpern
 

Two related sets of questions:

I am having trouble understanding from the proposal page what this will really do?  What problem is it trying to solve?

And I am unclear as to the relationship with vpp or fd.io?  At a guess from the material it is trying to define a general mechanism for multiple applications to share an interface? 

 

Thank you,

Joel

 

From: tsc-bounces@... [mailto:tsc-bounces@...] On Behalf Of George Zhao
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2018 2:29 AM
To: tsc@...
Subject: [tsc] Project Proposal for DMM

 

Hello FD.io TSCs

 

Please accept this project proposal for DMM for consideration.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/DMM

 

If possible I would like to present this on 1/25 TSC meeting.

 

Thanks,

George

 


Project Proposal for DMM

George Zhao
 

Hello FD.io TSCs

 

Please accept this project proposal for DMM for consideration.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/DMM

 

If possible I would like to present this on 1/25 TSC meeting.

 

Thanks,

George

 


Re: [vpp-dev] [nsh_sfc-dev] Stepping down as NSH_SFC PTL

Ni, Hongjun
 

Thank you all for voting. Really appreciated! 

 

From: vpp-dev-bounces@... [mailto:vpp-dev-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Keith Burns
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 8:27 AM
To: Zhou, Danny <danny.zhou@...>
Cc: tsc@...; nsh_sfc-dev@...; ash@...; vpp-dev@...
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [nsh_sfc-dev] Stepping down as NSH_SFC PTL

 

+1 Hongjun!

 

On Jan 4, 2018 7:15 PM, "Zhou, Danny" <danny.zhou@...> wrote:

+1 for Hongjun

 

From: ash@... [mailto:ash@...]
Sent: Friday, January 5, 2018 9:06 AM
To: Zhou, Danny <danny.zhou@...>; tsc@...; nsh_sfc-dev@...
Cc: vpp-dev@...
Subject: Re: [nsh_sfc-dev] Stepping down as NSH_SFC PTL

 

+1

 

Thanks for all your hard work!

 

Ash

 

Ash Young

 

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 8:32 PM -0600, "Zhou, Danny" <danny.zhou@...> wrote:

Hi TSC,

I've been taking the NSH_SFC PTL role 1 year ago. It has been a pleasure, but also a burden as there are some personal reasons make me cannot focus on NSH_SFC anymore, so I am stepping down as NSH_SFC PTL with immediate effect. Additionally, I would like to nominate Hongjun Ni, who is the most active NSH_SFC maintainer in 2017, as new NSH_SFC PTL for his excellent contribution as below:

l  Upstreamed 42 patches totally cover Ingress Classifier, SFF, Egress Classifier, NSH-Proxy, NSH-aware NAT, MD-Type2, NSH over Ethernet and NSH TTL.

l  Published four NSH_SFC Releases: 17.01, 17.04, 17.07 and 17.10.

 

NSH_SFC maintainers,

 

Pls vote for Hongjun Ni by directly replying this email.

 

-Danny


_______________________________________________
vpp-dev mailing list
vpp-dev@...
https://lists.fd.io/mailman/listinfo/vpp-dev


Re: [vpp-dev] [nsh_sfc-dev] Stepping down as NSH_SFC PTL

Keith Burns <alagalah@...>
 

+1 Hongjun!

On Jan 4, 2018 7:15 PM, "Zhou, Danny" <danny.zhou@...> wrote:

+1 for Hongjun

 

From: ash@... [mailto:ash@...]
Sent: Friday, January 5, 2018 9:06 AM
To: Zhou, Danny <danny.zhou@...>; tsc@...; nsh_sfc-dev@...
Cc: vpp-dev@...
Subject: Re: [nsh_sfc-dev] Stepping down as NSH_SFC PTL

 

+1

 

Thanks for all your hard work!

 

Ash

 

Ash Young



On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 8:32 PM -0600, "Zhou, Danny" <danny.zhou@...> wrote:

Hi TSC,

I've been taking the NSH_SFC PTL role 1 year ago. It has been a pleasure, but also a burden as there are some personal reasons make me cannot focus on NSH_SFC anymore, so I am stepping down as NSH_SFC PTL with immediate effect. Additionally, I would like to nominate Hongjun Ni, who is the most active NSH_SFC maintainer in 2017, as new NSH_SFC PTL for his excellent contribution as below:

l  Upstreamed 42 patches totally cover Ingress Classifier, SFF, Egress Classifier, NSH-Proxy, NSH-aware NAT, MD-Type2, NSH over Ethernet and NSH TTL.

l  Published four NSH_SFC Releases: 17.01, 17.04, 17.07 and 17.10.

 

NSH_SFC maintainers,

 

Pls vote for Hongjun Ni by directly replying this email.

 

-Danny


_______________________________________________
vpp-dev mailing list
vpp-dev@...
https://lists.fd.io/mailman/listinfo/vpp-dev


Re: [nsh_sfc-dev] Stepping down as NSH_SFC PTL

Edward Warnicke
 

Danny,

Thank you for your service to the community. I hope you will continue to participate in the future, and I hope our paths will continue to cross :)

You are correct on the procedure, the TSC does not need to approve PTL elections, though it would be courteous to inform the TSC, and do make sure to update the wiki page :)

Ed

On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 3:58 AM Wan, Qun <qun.wan@...> wrote:

+1 for Hongjun

 

Best Regards,

Anna

 

From: vpp-dev-bounces@... [mailto:vpp-dev-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Zhou, Danny
Sent: Friday, January 5, 2018 11:14 AM
To: ash@...; tsc@...; nsh_sfc-dev@...
Cc: vpp-dev@...
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [nsh_sfc-dev] Stepping down as NSH_SFC PTL

 

+1 for Hongjun

 

From: ash@... [mailto:ash@...]
Sent: Friday, January 5, 2018 9:06 AM
To: Zhou, Danny <danny.zhou@...>; tsc@...; nsh_sfc-dev@...
Cc: vpp-dev@...
Subject: Re: [nsh_sfc-dev] Stepping down as NSH_SFC PTL

 

+1

 

Thanks for all your hard work!

 

Ash

 

Ash Young

 

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 8:32 PM -0600, "Zhou, Danny" <danny.zhou@...> wrote:

Hi TSC,

I've been taking the NSH_SFC PTL role 1 year ago. It has been a pleasure, but also a burden as there are some personal reasons make me cannot focus on NSH_SFC anymore, so I am stepping down as NSH_SFC PTL with immediate effect. Additionally, I would like to nominate Hongjun Ni, who is the most active NSH_SFC maintainer in 2017, as new NSH_SFC PTL for his excellent contribution as below:

l  Upstreamed 42 patches totally cover Ingress Classifier, SFF, Egress Classifier, NSH-Proxy, NSH-aware NAT, MD-Type2, NSH over Ethernet and NSH TTL.

l  Published four NSH_SFC Releases: 17.01, 17.04, 17.07 and 17.10.

 

NSH_SFC maintainers,

 

Pls vote for Hongjun Ni by directly replying this email.

 

-Danny

_______________________________________________
nsh_sfc-dev mailing list
nsh_sfc-dev@...
https://lists.fd.io/mailman/listinfo/nsh_sfc-dev

801 - 820 of 1472