Date

NOTIFICATION: FD.io Maintenance

Vanessa Valderrama

Please notify us immediately if this schedule causing a conflict for your project

What:

FD.io system migration to AWS

When:

JIRA & OpenGrok
2018-05-01 from 2100 UTC to 0100 UTC

Gerrit
2018-05-02 from 2100 UTC to 0100 UTC

Sonar
2018-05-08 from 2100 UTC to 0100 UTC

Impact:

  • Services will be unavailable for approximately 2-3 hours depending on data transfer
  • During the Gerrit migration, Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode

Why:

Linux Foundation is working to bring the FD.io infrastructure inline with our 2018 hosting strategy.  This move should result in a reduction of costs, improved performance and increased redundancy.

Federating Jira to LF Jira

Thanh Ha

Greetings TSC,

I would like to propose that we allow the LF Jira instance (https://jira.linuxfoundation.org) to federate with the project Jira instance allowing us to cross reference Jira tickets between our respective Jira systems.

Is this a topic that can be brought up at the next TSC meeting agenda?

Thanks,
Thanh

FD.io Intern Projects

Edward Warnicke

LFN is funding internships for LFN Projects (of which  FD.io is one):

We already had one student reach out interested in working as a FD.io intern.

To get there, we need Intern Project Proposals:

(guidelines here: https://wiki.fd.io/view/Interns )

I encourage community members interested in mentoring an intern to propose projects.

Additionally, the 'guidelines' and 'proposal template' should be considered 'a first draft'. So if you find something there that could be improved, please do so :)

Ed

[FD.io] CFP: FD.io minisummit @Kubecon EU May 2-4 in Copenhagen.

Edward Warnicke

Folks, let's get your talk proposals in :)

Ed

CFP Open: Wednesday, March 14, 2018
CFP Close: Thursday, April 5, 2018, 11:59 PST
CFP Notifications: Week of April 9th
Mini-Summit Day: Co-located as a one day event at KubeCon, May 2-4th, Copenhagen, Europe

Committer Nomination for ci-management: Ed Kern

Vanessa Valderrama

Can we add an agenda item for TSC tomorrow to vote on Ed Kern becoming a
committer for the ci-management project.  I've discussed this with Ed
and he is interested in becoming a committer.  The ci-managment
committers have voted as well.

https://lists.fd.io/g/ci-management-dev/topic/committer_nomination_ed_kern/16738959?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,0,16738959

Proxy for the 5th of April

Ray Kinsella

Folks,

Keith Wiles will be acting as proxy for Venky Venkatesan for the 5th April TSC meeting.

FD.io minisummit @ Kubecon EU May 2-4 Copenhagen CFP opens

Edward Warnicke

FD.io will be holding a minisummit @Kubecon EU May 2-4 in Copenhagen.
Please submit your talks at the CFP here:

Ed

Re: FD.io TAC Proxy Policy

Ray Kinsella

+1 also – simple is best.

Ray K

发件人:Vanessa Valderrama
收件人:tsc@...,
时间:2018-03-05 14:28:44
主 题:[tsc] ARM hardware

We'd like to know if any projects are using the VIRL network that was
requested awhile back?

- 10.30.52.0/24

- 10.30.53.0/24

- 10.30.54.0/24

ARM hardware

Vanessa Valderrama

We'd like to know if any projects are using the VIRL network that was
requested awhile back?

- 10.30.52.0/24

- 10.30.53.0/24

- 10.30.54.0/24

Re: [csit-dev] fd.io Community Goals and Objectives for reporting to the LFN board

Ray Kinsella

Hi folks,

So the LFN TAC is looking to close on the “Community goals and priorities” rollup by 9th March.
This exercise is part of the process of obtaining a fair share of resources for FD.io in 2018.

So if you haven’t already, please canvass your committers and contributors for their 2018 project plans.
What new features do they anticipate developing? Are there plans for validation, new platform or hardware support etc ?
You can either reply to this email directly, or send a note to myself or Ed W.

Much appreciated, thanks,

Ray K

CFP Open: Monday, Feb 14, 2018
CFP Close: Thursday, March 1, 2018, 11:59 PST
CFP Notifications: Week of March 3
Mini-Summit Day: Monday, March 26

--
Trishan R. de Lanerolle
Program Manager,  Networking

Re: NOTIFICATION: FD.io VPP - 2018-02-26 @ 1500 UTC (7:00am PST)

Vanessa Valderrama

Change https://gerrit.fd.io/r/#/c/10609/ has been merged.  VPP jobs are now building on CPOC containers.

Please contact snergster/valderrv on fdio-infra via IRC if you experience any issues.

Starting change

What
:

Modifying VPP jobs to build on CPOC containers.  This change will impact all vpp-* jobs except vpp-csit-verify-hw-perf*.  This change will also automatically retry failed builds a single time.

When:

2018-02-26 @ 1500 UTC (7:00am PST)

Where:

Please contact us via IRC lf-infra (snergster/valderrv) for immediate issues.  You can also email infra-container@... to report issues.

To report VPP Jenkins build issues that are not code related

Report VPP build related issues

Impact:

This change should not impact jobs running at the time of the change.  No downtime is expected.

Why:

For VPP this will improve I/O rates for building and mitigate temporary issues with external repositories or dependencies

741 - 760 of 1472