Date   

RESCHEDULED - FD.io Maintenance: 2018-11-16 @ 2000 UTC (1:00pm PDT)

Vanessa Valderrama
 

This maintenance has been rescheduled due to the holiday.  A new notification has been sent for 11/27.

Thank you,
Vanessa

On 10/30/2018 03:40 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Please let us know if this maintenance causing any conflict for your project

What:

Apply operating system updates to FD.io systems

When:

2018-11-16 @ 2000 UTC (1:00pm PDT)

Impact:

The maintenance will require a reboot of each FD.io system.  The following systems will be impacted:

  • Jenkins production
  • Jenkins sandbox
  • Nexus
  • Gerrit
  • JIRA
  • Sonar
  • OpenGrok

Why:

Standard LF system maintenance


-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#554): https://lists.fd.io/g/infra-steering/message/554
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/27634239/567200
Group Owner: infra-steering+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/infra-steering/unsub  [vvalderrama@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


2018-11-27 @ 2000 UTC (1:00pm PDT)

Vanessa Valderrama
 

Maintenance has been rescheduled do the holiday

Please let us know if this maintenance causing any conflict for your project

What:

Apply operating system updates to FD.io systems

When:

2018-11-27 @ 2000 UTC (1:00pm PDT)

Impact:

The maintenance will require a reboot of each FD.io system.  The following systems will be impacted:

  • Jenkins production
  • Jenkins sandbox
  • Nexus
  • Gerrit
  • JIRA
  • Sonar
  • OpenGrok

Why:

Standard LF system maintenance


Re: FD.io Maintenance: 2018-11-16 @ 2000 UTC (1:00pm PDT)

Vanessa Valderrama
 

Reminder FD.io maintenance is scheduled for this Friday.

Thank you,

Vanessa


On 10/30/2018 03:40 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Please let us know if this maintenance causing any conflict for your project

What:

Apply operating system updates to FD.io systems

When:

2018-11-16 @ 2000 UTC (1:00pm PDT)

Impact:

The maintenance will require a reboot of each FD.io system.  The following systems will be impacted:

  • Jenkins production
  • Jenkins sandbox
  • Nexus
  • Gerrit
  • JIRA
  • Sonar
  • OpenGrok

Why:

Standard LF system maintenance


-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#554): https://lists.fd.io/g/infra-steering/message/554
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/27634239/567200
Group Owner: infra-steering+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/infra-steering/unsub  [vvalderrama@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for Sweetcomb

George Zhao
 

Congratulations

 

From: vpp-dev@... [mailto:vpp-dev@...] On Behalf Of Edward Warnicke
Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2018 12:37 AM
To: Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>
Cc: sweetcomb-dev@...; tsc@...; vpp-dev <vpp-dev@...>; Wang, Drenfong <drenfong.wang@...>; ??? <wangchuanguo@...>; chenhui@...; lizhuoqun@...; ??? <lihf140@...>; zhijl.bri@...; changlin.li@...; Wang Tianyi <tianyi.wang@...>; davidfgao(?? <davidfgao@...>; lixingfu@...; jingqing.cjy@...; gu.jian1@...; Jerome Tollet (jtollet) <jtollet@...>; Maciek Konstantynowicz (mkonstan) <mkonstan@...>; Rastislav Szabo -X (raszabo - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco) <raszabo@...>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for Sweetcomb

 

Congratulations!

 

Ed

 

On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 9:32 PM Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...> wrote:

Hi all,

 

Sweetcomb project has been approved by FD.io TSC.

And project creation has been completed.

Thank you all for your great help to make this happen!

 

Below is the project resource:

 

Committers group:  fdio-gerrit-sweetcomb-committers Invites sent to the initial committers:  https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/Sweetcomb#Initial_Committers

JIRA:  https://jira.fd.io/projects/SWEET/issues

Jenkins:  https://jenkins.fd.io/view/sweetcomb/

Gerrit:  https://gerrit.fd.io/r/#/admin/projects/sweetcomb

Groups.io:  https://lists.fd.io/g/sweetcomb-dev

GitHub Replication:  https://github.com/FDio/sweetcomb

 

We also have submitted initial code for IPR Review.

https://gerrit.fd.io/r/#/c/15835/ Initial code checkin for Sweetcomb project

 

The initial code is contributed by HuachenTel, and we help to refactor it.

If you have any concern, please raise it in project mail list: sweetcomb-dev@...

 

Thank you again,

Hongjun

 

From: tsc@... [mailto:tsc@...] On Behalf Of Ni, Hongjun
Sent: Thursday, November 8, 2018 10:57 PM
To: Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>; Edward Warnicke <hagbard@...>
Cc: tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Drenfong <drenfong.wang@...>; ??? <wangchuanguo@...>; chenhui@...; lizhuoqun@...; ??? <lihf140@...>; zhijl.bri@...; changlin.li@...; Wang Tianyi <tianyi.wang@...>; davidfgao(?? <davidfgao@...>; lixingfu@...; jingqing.cjy@...; gu.jian1@...; Jerome Tollet (jtollet) <jtollet@...>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for Sweetcomb

 

Hi TSC members,

 

Our Initial code has been refactored and  gone through internal legal review.

 

How can we submit the code to the fd.io Foundation for IPR Review?

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: vpp-dev@... [mailto:vpp-dev@...] On Behalf Of Ni, Hongjun
Sent: Thursday, November 8, 2018 12:04 PM
To: Ni, Hongjun <
hongjun.ni@...>; Edward Warnicke <hagbard@...>
Cc:
tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Drenfong <drenfong.wang@...>; ??? <wangchuanguo@...>; chenhui@...; lizhuoqun@...; ??? <lihf140@...>; zhijl.bri@...; changlin.li@...; Wang Tianyi <tianyi.wang@...>; davidfgao(?? <davidfgao@...>; lixingfu@...; jingqing.cjy@...; gu.jian1@...; Jerome Tollet (jtollet) <jtollet@...>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for Sweetcomb

 

 

Welcome Cisco to join Sweetcomb project!

 

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/Sweetcomb

 

Thanks a lot,

Hongjun

 

From: tsc@... [mailto:tsc@...] On Behalf Of Ni, Hongjun
Sent: Thursday, November 1, 2018 8:40 AM
To: Ni, Hongjun <
hongjun.ni@...>; Edward Warnicke <hagbard@...>
Cc:
tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Drenfong <drenfong.wang@...>; ??? <wangchuanguo@...>; chenhui@...; lizhuoqun@...; ??? <lihf140@...>; zhijl.bri@...; changlin.li@...; Wang Tianyi <tianyi.wang@...>; davidfgao(?? <davidfgao@...>; lixingfu@...; jingqing.cjy@...; gu.jian1@...
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for Sweetcomb

 

 

Welcome ZTE to join!

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: vpp-dev@... [mailto:vpp-dev@...] On Behalf Of Ni, Hongjun
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2018 9:22 AM
To: Edward Warnicke <
hagbard@...>
Cc:
tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Drenfong <drenfong.wang@...>; ??? <wangchuanguo@...>; chenhui@...; lizhuoqun@...; ??? <lihf140@...>; zhijl.bri@...; changlin.li@...; Wang Tianyi <tianyi.wang@...>; davidfgao(?? <davidfgao@...>; lixingfu@...; jingqing.cjy@...
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for Sweetcomb

 

Hi all,

 

Some guys are asking for the original code in private.

Here is our answer:

 

We are working on reworking the original code, and doing internal legal review.

When it is done,  we will submit the code to FD.io community for IPR review in one or two weeks.

 

Thanks a lot,

Hongjun

 

From: vpp-dev@... [mailto:vpp-dev@...] On Behalf Of Edward Warnicke
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2018 9:47 PM
To: Ni, Hongjun <
hongjun.ni@...>
Cc:
tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Drenfong <drenfong.wang@...>; ??? <wangchuanguo@...>; chenhui@...; lizhuoqun@...; ??? <lihf140@...>; zhijl.bri@...; changlin.li@...; Wang Tianyi <tianyi.wang@...>; davidfgao(?? <davidfgao@...>; lixingfu@...; jingqing.cjy@...
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for Sweetcomb

 

I look forward to it :)

 

Ed

 

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 8:42 AM Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...> wrote:

Hi Ed,

 

OK. I or some project proposer will join the Nov 8 8am PT TSC meeting and present the proposal.

 

Thanks a lot,

Hongjun

 

From: tsc@... [mailto:tsc@...] On Behalf Of Edward Warnicke
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2018 9:15 PM
To: Ni, Hongjun <
hongjun.ni@...>
Cc:
tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Drenfong <drenfong.wang@...>; ??? <wangchuanguo@...>; chenhui@...; lizhuoqun@...; ??? <lihf140@...>; zhijl.bri@...; changlin.li@...; Wang Tianyi <tianyi.wang@...>; davidfgao(?? <davidfgao@...>; lixingfu@...; jingqing.cjy@...
Subject: Re: [tsc] Project Proposal for Sweetcomb

 

Hongjun,

 

Thank you for the proposal :)  Per the FD.io technical charter, all proposals must be out for public review for two weeks prior to approval by the TSC.  I believe this makes Nov 8 the earliest TSC meeting where we could approve at the TSC.  Would you like to schedule the project creation review for the Nov 8 8am PT TSC meeting?  Will you (or other proposers of the project) be able to make that time to present the proposal?

 

Ed

 

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 7:01 AM Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...> wrote:

Hello FD.io TSCs

 

Please accept this project proposal for Sweetcomb for consideration.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/Sweetcomb

 

This project has nine founding companies:

Intel, HuachenTel, China Mobile, China Unicom, China Telecom, NXP, Tieto, Tencent, Alibaba.

 

If possible, I would like to present this on TSC meeting.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#856): https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/message/856
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/27567539/464962
Group Owner: tsc+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/unsub  [hagbard@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


Please schedule a TSC vote to approve Andrew Yourtchenko as a vpp project committer

Dave Barach
 

In view of significant code contributions to the vpp project – see below – I’m pleased to nominate Andrew Yourtchenko as a vpp project committer. I have high confidence that he’ll be a major asset to the project in a committer role. 

 

Andrew has contributed 181 merged patches, including significant new feature work in the ACL plugin. Example: https://gerrit.fd.io/r/#/c/13162

 

7 of 9 vpp project committer votes in hand - all +1’s - to approve Andrew. The remaining votes will be in hand by the time the next TSC meeting rolls around.

 

Thanks... Dave

 


Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for Sweetcomb

Edward Warnicke
 

Congratulations!

Ed

On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 9:32 PM Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...> wrote:

Hi all,

 

Sweetcomb project has been approved by FD.io TSC.

And project creation has been completed.

Thank you all for your great help to make this happen!

 

Below is the project resource:

 

Committers group:  fdio-gerrit-sweetcomb-committers Invites sent to the initial committers:  https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/Sweetcomb#Initial_Committers

JIRA:  https://jira.fd.io/projects/SWEET/issues

Jenkins:  https://jenkins.fd.io/view/sweetcomb/

Gerrit:  https://gerrit.fd.io/r/#/admin/projects/sweetcomb

Groups.io:  https://lists.fd.io/g/sweetcomb-dev

GitHub Replication:  https://github.com/FDio/sweetcomb

 

We also have submitted initial code for IPR Review.

https://gerrit.fd.io/r/#/c/15835/ Initial code checkin for Sweetcomb project

 

The initial code is contributed by HuachenTel, and we help to refactor it.

If you have any concern, please raise it in project mail list: sweetcomb-dev@...

 

Thank you again,

Hongjun

 

From: tsc@... [mailto:tsc@...] On Behalf Of Ni, Hongjun
Sent: Thursday, November 8, 2018 10:57 PM
To: Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>; Edward Warnicke <hagbard@...>
Cc: tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Drenfong <drenfong.wang@...>; ??? <wangchuanguo@...>; chenhui@...; lizhuoqun@...; ??? <lihf140@...>; zhijl.bri@...; changlin.li@...; Wang Tianyi <tianyi.wang@...>; davidfgao(?? <davidfgao@...>; lixingfu@...; jingqing.cjy@...; gu.jian1@...; Jerome Tollet (jtollet) <jtollet@...>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for Sweetcomb

 

Hi TSC members,

 

Our Initial code has been refactored and  gone through internal legal review.

 

How can we submit the code to the fd.io Foundation for IPR Review?

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: vpp-dev@... [mailto:vpp-dev@...] On Behalf Of Ni, Hongjun
Sent: Thursday, November 8, 2018 12:04 PM
To: Ni, Hongjun <
hongjun.ni@...>; Edward Warnicke <hagbard@...>
Cc:
tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Drenfong <drenfong.wang@...>; ??? <wangchuanguo@...>; chenhui@...; lizhuoqun@...; ??? <lihf140@...>; zhijl.bri@...; changlin.li@...; Wang Tianyi <tianyi.wang@...>; davidfgao(?? <davidfgao@...>; lixingfu@...; jingqing.cjy@...; gu.jian1@...; Jerome Tollet (jtollet) <jtollet@...>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for Sweetcomb

 

 

Welcome Cisco to join Sweetcomb project!

 

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/Sweetcomb

 

Thanks a lot,

Hongjun

 

From: tsc@... [mailto:tsc@...] On Behalf Of Ni, Hongjun
Sent: Thursday, November 1, 2018 8:40 AM
To: Ni, Hongjun <
hongjun.ni@...>; Edward Warnicke <hagbard@...>
Cc:
tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Drenfong <drenfong.wang@...>; ??? <wangchuanguo@...>; chenhui@...; lizhuoqun@...; ??? <lihf140@...>; zhijl.bri@...; changlin.li@...; Wang Tianyi <tianyi.wang@...>; davidfgao(?? <davidfgao@...>; lixingfu@...; jingqing.cjy@...; gu.jian1@...
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for Sweetcomb

 

 

Welcome ZTE to join!

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: vpp-dev@... [mailto:vpp-dev@...] On Behalf Of Ni, Hongjun
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2018 9:22 AM
To: Edward Warnicke <
hagbard@...>
Cc:
tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Drenfong <drenfong.wang@...>; ??? <wangchuanguo@...>; chenhui@...; lizhuoqun@...; ??? <lihf140@...>; zhijl.bri@...; changlin.li@...; Wang Tianyi <tianyi.wang@...>; davidfgao(?? <davidfgao@...>; lixingfu@...; jingqing.cjy@...
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for Sweetcomb

 

Hi all,

 

Some guys are asking for the original code in private.

Here is our answer:

 

We are working on reworking the original code, and doing internal legal review.

When it is done,  we will submit the code to FD.io community for IPR review in one or two weeks.

 

Thanks a lot,

Hongjun

 

From: vpp-dev@... [mailto:vpp-dev@...] On Behalf Of Edward Warnicke
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2018 9:47 PM
To: Ni, Hongjun <
hongjun.ni@...>
Cc:
tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Drenfong <drenfong.wang@...>; ??? <wangchuanguo@...>; chenhui@...; lizhuoqun@...; ??? <lihf140@...>; zhijl.bri@...; changlin.li@...; Wang Tianyi <tianyi.wang@...>; davidfgao(?? <davidfgao@...>; lixingfu@...; jingqing.cjy@...
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for Sweetcomb

 

I look forward to it :)

 

Ed

 

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 8:42 AM Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...> wrote:

Hi Ed,

 

OK. I or some project proposer will join the Nov 8 8am PT TSC meeting and present the proposal.

 

Thanks a lot,

Hongjun

 

From: tsc@... [mailto:tsc@...] On Behalf Of Edward Warnicke
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2018 9:15 PM
To: Ni, Hongjun <
hongjun.ni@...>
Cc:
tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Drenfong <drenfong.wang@...>; ??? <wangchuanguo@...>; chenhui@...; lizhuoqun@...; ??? <lihf140@...>; zhijl.bri@...; changlin.li@...; Wang Tianyi <tianyi.wang@...>; davidfgao(?? <davidfgao@...>; lixingfu@...; jingqing.cjy@...
Subject: Re: [tsc] Project Proposal for Sweetcomb

 

Hongjun,

 

Thank you for the proposal :)  Per the FD.io technical charter, all proposals must be out for public review for two weeks prior to approval by the TSC.  I believe this makes Nov 8 the earliest TSC meeting where we could approve at the TSC.  Would you like to schedule the project creation review for the Nov 8 8am PT TSC meeting?  Will you (or other proposers of the project) be able to make that time to present the proposal?

 

Ed

 

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 7:01 AM Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...> wrote:

Hello FD.io TSCs

 

Please accept this project proposal for Sweetcomb for consideration.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/Sweetcomb

 

This project has nine founding companies:

Intel, HuachenTel, China Mobile, China Unicom, China Telecom, NXP, Tieto, Tencent, Alibaba.

 

If possible, I would like to present this on TSC meeting.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#856): https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/message/856
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/27567539/464962
Group Owner: tsc+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/unsub  [hagbard@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for Sweetcomb

Ni, Hongjun
 

Hi all,

 

Sweetcomb project has been approved by FD.io TSC.

And project creation has been completed.

Thank you all for your great help to make this happen!

 

Below is the project resource:

 

Committers group:  fdio-gerrit-sweetcomb-committers Invites sent to the initial committers:  https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/Sweetcomb#Initial_Committers

JIRA:  https://jira.fd.io/projects/SWEET/issues

Jenkins:  https://jenkins.fd.io/view/sweetcomb/

Gerrit:  https://gerrit.fd.io/r/#/admin/projects/sweetcomb

Groups.io:  https://lists.fd.io/g/sweetcomb-dev

GitHub Replication:  https://github.com/FDio/sweetcomb

 

We also have submitted initial code for IPR Review.

https://gerrit.fd.io/r/#/c/15835/ Initial code checkin for Sweetcomb project

 

The initial code is contributed by HuachenTel, and we help to refactor it.

If you have any concern, please raise it in project mail list: sweetcomb-dev@...

 

Thank you again,

Hongjun

 

From: tsc@... [mailto:tsc@...] On Behalf Of Ni, Hongjun
Sent: Thursday, November 8, 2018 10:57 PM
To: Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>; Edward Warnicke <hagbard@...>
Cc: tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Drenfong <drenfong.wang@...>; ??? <wangchuanguo@...>; chenhui@...; lizhuoqun@...; ??? <lihf140@...>; zhijl.bri@...; changlin.li@...; Wang Tianyi <tianyi.wang@...>; davidfgao(?? <davidfgao@...>; lixingfu@...; jingqing.cjy@...; gu.jian1@...; Jerome Tollet (jtollet) <jtollet@...>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for Sweetcomb

 

Hi TSC members,

 

Our Initial code has been refactored and  gone through internal legal review.

 

How can we submit the code to the fd.io Foundation for IPR Review?

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: vpp-dev@... [mailto:vpp-dev@...] On Behalf Of Ni, Hongjun
Sent: Thursday, November 8, 2018 12:04 PM
To: Ni, Hongjun <
hongjun.ni@...>; Edward Warnicke <hagbard@...>
Cc:
tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Drenfong <drenfong.wang@...>; ??? <wangchuanguo@...>; chenhui@...; lizhuoqun@...; ??? <lihf140@...>; zhijl.bri@...; changlin.li@...; Wang Tianyi <tianyi.wang@...>; davidfgao(?? <davidfgao@...>; lixingfu@...; jingqing.cjy@...; gu.jian1@...; Jerome Tollet (jtollet) <jtollet@...>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for Sweetcomb

 

 

Welcome Cisco to join Sweetcomb project!

 

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/Sweetcomb

 

Thanks a lot,

Hongjun

 

From: tsc@... [mailto:tsc@...] On Behalf Of Ni, Hongjun
Sent: Thursday, November 1, 2018 8:40 AM
To: Ni, Hongjun <
hongjun.ni@...>; Edward Warnicke <hagbard@...>
Cc:
tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Drenfong <drenfong.wang@...>; ??? <wangchuanguo@...>; chenhui@...; lizhuoqun@...; ??? <lihf140@...>; zhijl.bri@...; changlin.li@...; Wang Tianyi <tianyi.wang@...>; davidfgao(?? <davidfgao@...>; lixingfu@...; jingqing.cjy@...; gu.jian1@...
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for Sweetcomb

 

 

Welcome ZTE to join!

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: vpp-dev@... [mailto:vpp-dev@...] On Behalf Of Ni, Hongjun
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2018 9:22 AM
To: Edward Warnicke <
hagbard@...>
Cc:
tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Drenfong <drenfong.wang@...>; ??? <wangchuanguo@...>; chenhui@...; lizhuoqun@...; ??? <lihf140@...>; zhijl.bri@...; changlin.li@...; Wang Tianyi <tianyi.wang@...>; davidfgao(?? <davidfgao@...>; lixingfu@...; jingqing.cjy@...
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for Sweetcomb

 

Hi all,

 

Some guys are asking for the original code in private.

Here is our answer:

 

We are working on reworking the original code, and doing internal legal review.

When it is done,  we will submit the code to FD.io community for IPR review in one or two weeks.

 

Thanks a lot,

Hongjun

 

From: vpp-dev@... [mailto:vpp-dev@...] On Behalf Of Edward Warnicke
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2018 9:47 PM
To: Ni, Hongjun <
hongjun.ni@...>
Cc:
tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Drenfong <drenfong.wang@...>; ??? <wangchuanguo@...>; chenhui@...; lizhuoqun@...; ??? <lihf140@...>; zhijl.bri@...; changlin.li@...; Wang Tianyi <tianyi.wang@...>; davidfgao(?? <davidfgao@...>; lixingfu@...; jingqing.cjy@...
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for Sweetcomb

 

I look forward to it :)

 

Ed

 

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 8:42 AM Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...> wrote:

Hi Ed,

 

OK. I or some project proposer will join the Nov 8 8am PT TSC meeting and present the proposal.

 

Thanks a lot,

Hongjun

 

From: tsc@... [mailto:tsc@...] On Behalf Of Edward Warnicke
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2018 9:15 PM
To: Ni, Hongjun <
hongjun.ni@...>
Cc:
tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Drenfong <drenfong.wang@...>; ??? <wangchuanguo@...>; chenhui@...; lizhuoqun@...; ??? <lihf140@...>; zhijl.bri@...; changlin.li@...; Wang Tianyi <tianyi.wang@...>; davidfgao(?? <davidfgao@...>; lixingfu@...; jingqing.cjy@...
Subject: Re: [tsc] Project Proposal for Sweetcomb

 

Hongjun,

 

Thank you for the proposal :)  Per the FD.io technical charter, all proposals must be out for public review for two weeks prior to approval by the TSC.  I believe this makes Nov 8 the earliest TSC meeting where we could approve at the TSC.  Would you like to schedule the project creation review for the Nov 8 8am PT TSC meeting?  Will you (or other proposers of the project) be able to make that time to present the proposal?

 

Ed

 

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 7:01 AM Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...> wrote:

Hello FD.io TSCs

 

Please accept this project proposal for Sweetcomb for consideration.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/Sweetcomb

 

This project has nine founding companies:

Intel, HuachenTel, China Mobile, China Unicom, China Telecom, NXP, Tieto, Tencent, Alibaba.

 

If possible, I would like to present this on TSC meeting.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#856): https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/message/856
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/27567539/464962
Group Owner: tsc+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/unsub  [hagbard@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for Sweetcomb

Ni, Hongjun
 

Hi TSC members,

 

Our Initial code has been refactored and  gone through internal legal review.

 

How can we submit the code to the fd.io Foundation for IPR Review?

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: vpp-dev@... [mailto:vpp-dev@...] On Behalf Of Ni, Hongjun
Sent: Thursday, November 8, 2018 12:04 PM
To: Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>; Edward Warnicke <hagbard@...>
Cc: tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Drenfong <drenfong.wang@...>; ??? <wangchuanguo@...>; chenhui@...; lizhuoqun@...; ??? <lihf140@...>; zhijl.bri@...; changlin.li@...; Wang Tianyi <tianyi.wang@...>; davidfgao(?? <davidfgao@...>; lixingfu@...; jingqing.cjy@...; gu.jian1@...; Jerome Tollet (jtollet) <jtollet@...>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for Sweetcomb

 

 

Welcome Cisco to join Sweetcomb project!

 

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/Sweetcomb

 

Thanks a lot,

Hongjun

 

From: tsc@... [mailto:tsc@...] On Behalf Of Ni, Hongjun
Sent: Thursday, November 1, 2018 8:40 AM
To: Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>; Edward Warnicke <hagbard@...>
Cc: tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Drenfong <drenfong.wang@...>; ??? <wangchuanguo@...>; chenhui@...; lizhuoqun@...; ??? <lihf140@...>; zhijl.bri@...; changlin.li@...; Wang Tianyi <tianyi.wang@...>; davidfgao(?? <davidfgao@...>; lixingfu@...; jingqing.cjy@...; gu.jian1@...
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for Sweetcomb

 

 

Welcome ZTE to join!

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: vpp-dev@... [mailto:vpp-dev@...] On Behalf Of Ni, Hongjun
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2018 9:22 AM
To: Edward Warnicke <
hagbard@...>
Cc:
tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Drenfong <drenfong.wang@...>; ??? <wangchuanguo@...>; chenhui@...; lizhuoqun@...; ??? <lihf140@...>; zhijl.bri@...; changlin.li@...; Wang Tianyi <tianyi.wang@...>; davidfgao(?? <davidfgao@...>; lixingfu@...; jingqing.cjy@...
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for Sweetcomb

 

Hi all,

 

Some guys are asking for the original code in private.

Here is our answer:

 

We are working on reworking the original code, and doing internal legal review.

When it is done,  we will submit the code to FD.io community for IPR review in one or two weeks.

 

Thanks a lot,

Hongjun

 

From: vpp-dev@... [mailto:vpp-dev@...] On Behalf Of Edward Warnicke
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2018 9:47 PM
To: Ni, Hongjun <
hongjun.ni@...>
Cc:
tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Drenfong <drenfong.wang@...>; ??? <wangchuanguo@...>; chenhui@...; lizhuoqun@...; ??? <lihf140@...>; zhijl.bri@...; changlin.li@...; Wang Tianyi <tianyi.wang@...>; davidfgao(?? <davidfgao@...>; lixingfu@...; jingqing.cjy@...
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for Sweetcomb

 

I look forward to it :)

 

Ed

 

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 8:42 AM Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...> wrote:

Hi Ed,

 

OK. I or some project proposer will join the Nov 8 8am PT TSC meeting and present the proposal.

 

Thanks a lot,

Hongjun

 

From: tsc@... [mailto:tsc@...] On Behalf Of Edward Warnicke
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2018 9:15 PM
To: Ni, Hongjun <
hongjun.ni@...>
Cc:
tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Drenfong <drenfong.wang@...>; ??? <wangchuanguo@...>; chenhui@...; lizhuoqun@...; ??? <lihf140@...>; zhijl.bri@...; changlin.li@...; Wang Tianyi <tianyi.wang@...>; davidfgao(?? <davidfgao@...>; lixingfu@...; jingqing.cjy@...
Subject: Re: [tsc] Project Proposal for Sweetcomb

 

Hongjun,

 

Thank you for the proposal :)  Per the FD.io technical charter, all proposals must be out for public review for two weeks prior to approval by the TSC.  I believe this makes Nov 8 the earliest TSC meeting where we could approve at the TSC.  Would you like to schedule the project creation review for the Nov 8 8am PT TSC meeting?  Will you (or other proposers of the project) be able to make that time to present the proposal?

 

Ed

 

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 7:01 AM Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...> wrote:

Hello FD.io TSCs

 

Please accept this project proposal for Sweetcomb for consideration.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/Sweetcomb

 

This project has nine founding companies:

Intel, HuachenTel, China Mobile, China Unicom, China Telecom, NXP, Tieto, Tencent, Alibaba.

 

If possible, I would like to present this on TSC meeting.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#856): https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/message/856
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/27567539/464962
Group Owner: tsc+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/unsub  [hagbard@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for Sweetcomb

Ni, Hongjun
 

 

Welcome Cisco to join Sweetcomb project!

 

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/Sweetcomb

 

Thanks a lot,

Hongjun

 

From: tsc@... [mailto:tsc@...] On Behalf Of Ni, Hongjun
Sent: Thursday, November 1, 2018 8:40 AM
To: Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>; Edward Warnicke <hagbard@...>
Cc: tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Drenfong <drenfong.wang@...>; ??? <wangchuanguo@...>; chenhui@...; lizhuoqun@...; ??? <lihf140@...>; zhijl.bri@...; changlin.li@...; Wang Tianyi <tianyi.wang@...>; davidfgao(?? <davidfgao@...>; lixingfu@...; jingqing.cjy@...; gu.jian1@...
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for Sweetcomb

 

 

Welcome ZTE to join!

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: vpp-dev@... [mailto:vpp-dev@...] On Behalf Of Ni, Hongjun
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2018 9:22 AM
To: Edward Warnicke <
hagbard@...>
Cc:
tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Drenfong <drenfong.wang@...>; ??? <wangchuanguo@...>; chenhui@...; lizhuoqun@...; ??? <lihf140@...>; zhijl.bri@...; changlin.li@...; Wang Tianyi <tianyi.wang@...>; davidfgao(?? <davidfgao@...>; lixingfu@...; jingqing.cjy@...
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for Sweetcomb

 

Hi all,

 

Some guys are asking for the original code in private.

Here is our answer:

 

We are working on reworking the original code, and doing internal legal review.

When it is done,  we will submit the code to FD.io community for IPR review in one or two weeks.

 

Thanks a lot,

Hongjun

 

From: vpp-dev@... [mailto:vpp-dev@...] On Behalf Of Edward Warnicke
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2018 9:47 PM
To: Ni, Hongjun <
hongjun.ni@...>
Cc:
tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Drenfong <drenfong.wang@...>; ??? <wangchuanguo@...>; chenhui@...; lizhuoqun@...; ??? <lihf140@...>; zhijl.bri@...; changlin.li@...; Wang Tianyi <tianyi.wang@...>; davidfgao(?? <davidfgao@...>; lixingfu@...; jingqing.cjy@...
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for Sweetcomb

 

I look forward to it :)

 

Ed

 

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 8:42 AM Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...> wrote:

Hi Ed,

 

OK. I or some project proposer will join the Nov 8 8am PT TSC meeting and present the proposal.

 

Thanks a lot,

Hongjun

 

From: tsc@... [mailto:tsc@...] On Behalf Of Edward Warnicke
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2018 9:15 PM
To: Ni, Hongjun <
hongjun.ni@...>
Cc:
tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Drenfong <drenfong.wang@...>; ??? <wangchuanguo@...>; chenhui@...; lizhuoqun@...; ??? <lihf140@...>; zhijl.bri@...; changlin.li@...; Wang Tianyi <tianyi.wang@...>; davidfgao(?? <davidfgao@...>; lixingfu@...; jingqing.cjy@...
Subject: Re: [tsc] Project Proposal for Sweetcomb

 

Hongjun,

 

Thank you for the proposal :)  Per the FD.io technical charter, all proposals must be out for public review for two weeks prior to approval by the TSC.  I believe this makes Nov 8 the earliest TSC meeting where we could approve at the TSC.  Would you like to schedule the project creation review for the Nov 8 8am PT TSC meeting?  Will you (or other proposers of the project) be able to make that time to present the proposal?

 

Ed

 

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 7:01 AM Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...> wrote:

Hello FD.io TSCs

 

Please accept this project proposal for Sweetcomb for consideration.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/Sweetcomb

 

This project has nine founding companies:

Intel, HuachenTel, China Mobile, China Unicom, China Telecom, NXP, Tieto, Tencent, Alibaba.

 

If possible, I would like to present this on TSC meeting.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#856): https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/message/856
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/27567539/464962
Group Owner: tsc+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/unsub  [hagbard@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


Re: Proxy for tomorrow's TSC meeting: Florin Coras

Edward Warnicke
 

Thank you George :)

Ed

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 6:47 PM George Zhao <george.y.zhao@...> wrote:

I will chair for the first half of the TSC meeting till Ray joins the meeting.

 

Thanks,

George

 

From: tsc@... [mailto:tsc@...] On Behalf Of Joel Halpern
Sent: Wednesday, November 7, 2018 4:28 PM
To: dbarach@...; tsc@...
Subject: Re: [tsc] Proxy for tomorrow's TSC meeting: Florin Coras

 

Sorry, I will e on an airplane, and do not have a proxy available.

Yours,

Joel

 

From: tsc@... <tsc@...> On Behalf Of Dave Barach via Lists.Fd.Io
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2018 12:41 AM
To: tsc@...
Cc: tsc@...
Subject: [tsc] Proxy for tomorrow's TSC meeting: Florin Coras

 

Folks,

 

Florin has my proxy for tomorrow’s meeting. There’s a decent chance that I’ll make the meeting, but since a project vote is scheduled...

 

Thanks... Dave

 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#886): https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/message/886
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/28027468/464962
Group Owner: tsc+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/unsub  [hagbard@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


Re: Proxy for tomorrow's TSC meeting: Florin Coras

George Zhao
 

I will chair for the first half of the TSC meeting till Ray joins the meeting.

 

Thanks,

George

 

From: tsc@... [mailto:tsc@...] On Behalf Of Joel Halpern
Sent: Wednesday, November 7, 2018 4:28 PM
To: dbarach@...; tsc@...
Subject: Re: [tsc] Proxy for tomorrow's TSC meeting: Florin Coras

 

Sorry, I will e on an airplane, and do not have a proxy available.

Yours,

Joel

 

From: tsc@... <tsc@...> On Behalf Of Dave Barach via Lists.Fd.Io
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2018 12:41 AM
To: tsc@...
Cc: tsc@...
Subject: [tsc] Proxy for tomorrow's TSC meeting: Florin Coras

 

Folks,

 

Florin has my proxy for tomorrow’s meeting. There’s a decent chance that I’ll make the meeting, but since a project vote is scheduled...

 

Thanks... Dave

 


Re: Proxy for tomorrow's TSC meeting: Florin Coras

Joel Halpern
 

Sorry, I will e on an airplane, and do not have a proxy available.

Yours,

Joel

 

From: tsc@... <tsc@...> On Behalf Of Dave Barach via Lists.Fd.Io
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2018 12:41 AM
To: tsc@...
Cc: tsc@...
Subject: [tsc] Proxy for tomorrow's TSC meeting: Florin Coras

 

Folks,

 

Florin has my proxy for tomorrow’s meeting. There’s a decent chance that I’ll make the meeting, but since a project vote is scheduled...

 

Thanks... Dave

 


Re: Can we move fd.io csit-dev to slack pls?

Trishan de Lanerolle
 

We will look into it and the available alternatives. 
Trishan

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 12:51 PM Ed Warnicke <hagbard@...> wrote:
Trishan,

What would it take to make this happen?



On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 3:49 AM Maciek Konstantynowicz (mkonstan) <mkonstan@...> wrote:
Hello There,

We are about to ship CSIT-18.10. It’s a good release I think.
A lot of good work went into it.

Same for VPP-18.10.

But I think we could do better, as an LFN community, LF and
open-source at large. We could be more engaging..

We need “new” and “young” and “energetic” “blood”.
We need more Good Code and Test Do’ers.

The way to do it is via interaction, we all know it.
Email sort of works, but is like sending letters,
it takes time to process them, and if it’s many of
them, it’s hard to have engaging conversation(s).

Human to human interactive is the way to go, and IM / IRC
fulfilled this role so far. It sort of works. It sort of
facilitates interaction. But it doesn’t drive it.

Google in the past tried to address it by combining
IM with email, they called it “googlewave”. Didn’t really
take off, too much of an old world.

I started to use Slack to collaborate with CNCF
people (thanks Ed!). I don’t like new tools, and my first
days with Slack were no exception. Then somehow
I was in need, managing situation with people having
family health issues, having to fill in the skills
to deliver on the deadline for CNCF Dan Kohn keynote
speech at Kubecon Seattle on 11-Dec. And that’s where
Slack helped, big time. Within 48hrs we had gaps
filled, people on-boarded, and code being pushed into
repos, tested, and so on. Seemingly impossible, became
possible. And we are now (almost) ready for Dan’s
keynote - have few weeks to test things to generate
the FD.io data Dan asked for, we should be good,
subject to things getting in the way, but that’s always
the risk one takes. Now it happened thanks to Slack.

That’s why I would like to ask if it’s possible to
move from existing freenode IRC to Slack. It will make
our collaborative project work simpler, it will make
collaboration simpler, it will help grow project faster.
In my view. There are probably other views..

Many thanks for reading so far.. And thanks in advance
for considering this request.

Cheers,
-Maciek
(FD.io CSIT PTL hat on)



--
Trishan R. de Lanerolle
Program Manager,  Networking
Linux Foundation
voice: +1.203.699.6401
skype: tdelanerolle


Re: Proxies for Nov 8 FD.io TSC

Edward Warnicke
 

Joel,

Ray reached out to let me know he will be driving during the first part of the call, would you be willing to chair?

Ed


On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 11:57 AM Edward Warnicke <hagbard@...> wrote:
Jerome will be my proxy for the Nov 8 FD.io TSC.

Ray, would you be so kind as to chair?  Please note the Sweetcomb project creation review.

Ed
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#882): https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/message/882
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/28028586/464962
Group Owner: tsc+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/unsub  [hagbard@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


Proxies for Nov 8 FD.io TSC

Edward Warnicke
 

Jerome will be my proxy for the Nov 8 FD.io TSC.

Ray, would you be so kind as to chair?  Please note the Sweetcomb project creation review.

Ed


Re: Can we move fd.io csit-dev to slack pls?

Edward Warnicke
 

Trishan,

What would it take to make this happen?



On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 3:49 AM Maciek Konstantynowicz (mkonstan) <mkonstan@...> wrote:
Hello There,

We are about to ship CSIT-18.10. It’s a good release I think.
A lot of good work went into it.

Same for VPP-18.10.

But I think we could do better, as an LFN community, LF and
open-source at large. We could be more engaging..

We need “new” and “young” and “energetic” “blood”.
We need more Good Code and Test Do’ers.

The way to do it is via interaction, we all know it.
Email sort of works, but is like sending letters,
it takes time to process them, and if it’s many of
them, it’s hard to have engaging conversation(s).

Human to human interactive is the way to go, and IM / IRC
fulfilled this role so far. It sort of works. It sort of
facilitates interaction. But it doesn’t drive it.

Google in the past tried to address it by combining
IM with email, they called it “googlewave”. Didn’t really
take off, too much of an old world.

I started to use Slack to collaborate with CNCF
people (thanks Ed!). I don’t like new tools, and my first
days with Slack were no exception. Then somehow
I was in need, managing situation with people having
family health issues, having to fill in the skills
to deliver on the deadline for CNCF Dan Kohn keynote
speech at Kubecon Seattle on 11-Dec. And that’s where
Slack helped, big time. Within 48hrs we had gaps
filled, people on-boarded, and code being pushed into
repos, tested, and so on. Seemingly impossible, became
possible. And we are now (almost) ready for Dan’s
keynote - have few weeks to test things to generate
the FD.io data Dan asked for, we should be good,
subject to things getting in the way, but that’s always
the risk one takes. Now it happened thanks to Slack.

That’s why I would like to ask if it’s possible to
move from existing freenode IRC to Slack. It will make
our collaborative project work simpler, it will make
collaboration simpler, it will help grow project faster.
In my view. There are probably other views..

Many thanks for reading so far.. And thanks in advance
for considering this request.

Cheers,
-Maciek
(FD.io CSIT PTL hat on)


Proxy for tomorrow's TSC meeting: Florin Coras

Dave Barach
 

Folks,

 

Florin has my proxy for tomorrow’s meeting. There’s a decent chance that I’ll make the meeting, but since a project vote is scheduled...

 

Thanks... Dave

 


Published: FD.io CSIT-18.10 Open-Source Benchmarking Report

Maciek Konstantynowicz (mkonstan)
 

Hi All,

FD.io CSIT-18.10.W45 report has been published on FD.io docs site:

html: https://docs.fd.io/csit/rls1810/report/
pdf: https://docs.fd.io/csit/rls1810/report/_static/archive/csit_rls1810.pdf

Many thanks to All in CSIT and FD.io community who contributed, worked
very hard to make CSIT-18.10 happen!

CSIT-18.10 is not the First release able using latest Intel Xeon Skylake
processors. But it is the first release to present them in all of their
I/O optimized glory. See point Three below for throughput comparison
between Skylake and Haswell testbeds. This is finally, for the Second
time making VPP code shine in a modern software data world :)

Note that FD.io CSIT reports are now versioned using a notation for
ordinal weeks of the year specified in ISO 8601 (http://bit.ly/2yZYI0h).
All FD.io CSIT releases will be suffixed with '.Www', a week number in
the format ww prefixed by the letter 'W'.
This takes care even of leap second by accommodating leap week. :)

FD.io VPP points of note in the report:

1. VPP release notes
a. Changes in CSIT-18.10: http://bit.ly/2OxSUA6
b. Known issues: http://bit.ly/2REvB9D

2. VPP performance graphs
a. Throughput: http://bit.ly/2OwQPEn
b. Speedup Multi-Core: http://bit.ly/2zztqgi
c. Latency: http://bit.ly/2F9j4K6

3. VPP performance comparisons
a. VPP-18.10 vs. VPP-18.04: http://bit.ly/2RGBvXM
b. 3-Node Skylake vs. 3-Node Haswell testbeds: http://bit.ly/2DqjrOJ

4. VPP performance test details
a. Detailed results: http://bit.ly/2yVWMGf
b. Configuration: http://bit.ly/2qy7w8U
c. Run-time telemetry: http://bit.ly/2PQlkKw

DPDK Testpmd and L3fwd performance sections follow similar structure.

1. DPDK release notes:
a. Changes in CSIT-18.10: http://bit.ly/2Oy7E1U
b. Known issues: http://bit.ly/2RGGE22

2. DPDK performance graphs for Testpmd and L3fwd demonstrator apps
a. Throughput: http://bit.ly/2PeSlAz
b. Latency: http://bit.ly/2z5OSdx

Functional tests, including VPP_Device (functional device tests),
VPP_VIRL, HoneyComb, NSH_SFC and DMM are all included in the report.

Welcome all comments, best by email to csit-dev@....

Cheers,
-Maciek
On behalf of FD.io CSIT Open-Source Benchmarking Project.

P.S. CSIT-18.10 report includes Ever More benchmarking data, more graphs
(744 on the last count) that are now more orderly and more beautifully
presented than Ever. Report HTML and PDF layouts got revamped more than
a bit, striving to improve presentation clarity and browsability. And
equally portability and consumability got improved. We are aiming the
FD.io CSIT Open-Source Benchmarking reports to be consumable by
everyone. And by everyone we mean Everyone. Those who code it, those who
test it, those who use it, those who want to use it but are afraid to
touch it. Everyone who likes it.


Can we move fd.io csit-dev to slack pls?

Maciek Konstantynowicz (mkonstan)
 

Hello There,

We are about to ship CSIT-18.10. It’s a good release I think.
A lot of good work went into it.

Same for VPP-18.10.

But I think we could do better, as an LFN community, LF and
open-source at large. We could be more engaging..

We need “new” and “young” and “energetic” “blood”.
We need more Good Code and Test Do’ers.

The way to do it is via interaction, we all know it.
Email sort of works, but is like sending letters,
it takes time to process them, and if it’s many of
them, it’s hard to have engaging conversation(s).

Human to human interactive is the way to go, and IM / IRC
fulfilled this role so far. It sort of works. It sort of
facilitates interaction. But it doesn’t drive it.

Google in the past tried to address it by combining
IM with email, they called it “googlewave”. Didn’t really
take off, too much of an old world.

I started to use Slack to collaborate with CNCF
people (thanks Ed!). I don’t like new tools, and my first
days with Slack were no exception. Then somehow
I was in need, managing situation with people having
family health issues, having to fill in the skills
to deliver on the deadline for CNCF Dan Kohn keynote
speech at Kubecon Seattle on 11-Dec. And that’s where
Slack helped, big time. Within 48hrs we had gaps
filled, people on-boarded, and code being pushed into
repos, tested, and so on. Seemingly impossible, became
possible. And we are now (almost) ready for Dan’s
keynote - have few weeks to test things to generate
the FD.io data Dan asked for, we should be good,
subject to things getting in the way, but that’s always
the risk one takes. Now it happened thanks to Slack.

That’s why I would like to ask if it’s possible to
move from existing freenode IRC to Slack. It will make
our collaborative project work simpler, it will make
collaboration simpler, it will help grow project faster.
In my view. There are probably other views..

Many thanks for reading so far.. And thanks in advance
for considering this request.

Cheers,
-Maciek
(FD.io CSIT PTL hat on)


Call for Demos at Kubecon Seattle Dec 11-13

Edward Warnicke
 

FD.io will have a booth at Kubecon Seattle Dec 11-13.  This is a call out to the community for demo proposals to show in the booth.  

Please respond with a brief description of a demo you would like to run in the FD.io booth.
If you wish to reply privately, please ensure you include Trishan on your reply, as he's compiling the responses.

The Call for Demos is expected to close COB PT (5pm PT) Thu Nov 8.

Ed