Date

FDIO - Jenkins Outage/Emergency Maintenance

Vanessa Valderrama

LF is performing emergency maintenance on Jenkins.  Jenkins is at 100&
CPU on all 4 VCPU.  We have resized to add an additional 4 VCPU and are
looking at memory/CPU usage and bumping up the heap size.  We apologize
for the inconvenience and will monitor Jenkins to ensure this issue is
resolved.

Re: [infra-steering] [csit-dev] 2018-11-27 @ 2000 UTC (1:00pm PDT)

Vanessa Valderrama

Maintenance is complete. Please open at RT ticket via helpdesk@... if you experience any issues.

Thank you,

Anton and Vanessa

We're starting maintenance.  There are still quite a few jobs running in Jenkins.  We'll be terminating any jobs running at 1:30pm PDT.  Please contact us immediately if this is an issue.

Jenkins has been placed in shutdown mode in preparation for maintenance.

Reminder maintenance starts at 1:00pm PDT.  Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 12:00pm PDT.

Maintenance has been rescheduled do the holiday

Please let us know if this maintenance causing any conflict for your project

What:

Apply operating system updates to FD.io systems

When:

2018-11-27 @ 2000 UTC (1:00pm PDT)

Impact:

The maintenance will require a reboot of each FD.io system.  The following systems will be impacted:

  • Jenkins production
  • Jenkins sandbox
  • Nexus
  • Gerrit
  • JIRA
  • Sonar
  • OpenGrok

Why:

Standard LF system maintenance

[...]

Re: [infra-steering] [tsc] [csit-dev] 2018-11-27 @ 2000 UTC (1:00pm PDT)

Ed Kern

its taking 9+ minutes to get a git fetch out of gerrit.fd.io
and there was a very long multi-hour pause in gerrit properly sending messages to jenkins..

So something is unhappy in whoville

Ed

On Nov 27, 2018, at 9:32 AM, Vanessa Valderrama <vvalderrama@...> wrote:

Jenkins is not in shutdown mode.  The queue backed up shortly but is now down to 4 jobs. Please let me know if you have any other issues.

On 11/27/2018 10:16 AM, Damjan Marion (damarion) wrote:

Looks like jenkins is already in shutdown mode last 4 hours, i don't see single job scheduled and many of them waiting...

--
Damjan

On 27 Nov 2018, at 16:56, Vanessa Valderrama <vvalderrama@...> wrote:

Reminder maintenance starts at 1:00pm PDT.  Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 12:00pm PDT.

Maintenance has been rescheduled do the holiday

Please let us know if this maintenance causing any conflict for your project

What:

Apply operating system updates to FD.io systems

When:

2018-11-27 @ 2000 UTC (1:00pm PDT)

Impact:

The maintenance will require a reboot of each FD.io system.  The following systems will be impacted:

  • Jenkins production
  • Jenkins sandbox
  • Nexus
  • Gerrit
  • JIRA
  • Sonar
  • OpenGrok

Why:

Standard LF system maintenance

Re: [csit-dev] 2018-11-27 @ 2000 UTC (1:00pm PDT)

Damjan Marion

This is example of the patch which was waiting for more than 5 hours.

Finally something started happening 3 minutes ago...

--
Damjan

On 27 Nov 2018, at 17:32, Vanessa Valderrama <vvalderrama@...> wrote:

[...]

LF IT Release Engineering team Holiday Schedule

Vanessa Valderrama

The Linux Foundation will be reducing daily operations from December 17, 2018 to January 2, 2019.  During this time the LF IT Release Engineering team will have limited support available and projects should plan accordingly.

We recommend that major releases or other work, if they have not already been planned and the responsible Release Engineer(s) made aware, be postponed until after Jan. 2.

Please note that CI change code review will not occur with LF Release Engineering staff during this window, unless it is related to an environment stopping issue.

If you have any issues please send request to helpdesk@...

[...]

Cancelling this Thursday's FD.io TSC meeting

Edward Warnicke

Since this Thur is a holiday for many of our participants, I am cancelling the FD.io TSC meeting.

Ed

Re: FD.io CI Outage

Vanessa Valderrama

The hardware has been replace and services have been restored. Thank you
for your patience. Please open an RT ticket is you are experiencing any
issues.  helpdesk@...

Unfortunately the reload did not resolve the issue.  The provider is
switching out hardware and actively working to resolve this issue as
quickly as possible.  Unfortunately we do not have an ETA at this time.

We are currently experiencing an outage that is intermittently affecting
some or all of our CI services. This outage is due to an issue with a
local router at an upstream network provider.

The current ETA is 30 minutes if the reload goes smoothly.

Updates will be posted to status.linuxfoundation.org

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while
this issue is resolved.

Re: 504 Gateway Time-out

Maciek Konstantynowicz (mkonstan)

Yeah, we noticed. No VPN access. All test systems are down.

On 16 Nov 2018, at 15:14, Trishan de Lanerolle <tdelanerolle@...> wrote:

FYI: Currently we have an issue with our upstream provider which effects all CI networks including that resource you've mentioned. We'll post updates on https://status.linuxfoundation.org/

On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 8:01 AM Kinsella, Ray <ray.kinsella@...> wrote:

FYI – I am getting 504 errors from the FD.io Website????

--
Trishan R. de Lanerolle
Program Manager,  Networking

Re: FD.io CI Outage

Vanessa Valderrama

Unfortunately the reload did not resolve the issue.  The provider is
switching out hardware and actively working to resolve this issue as
quickly as possible.  Unfortunately we do not have an ETA at this time.

We are currently experiencing an outage that is intermittently affecting
some or all of our CI services. This outage is due to an issue with a
local router at an upstream network provider.

The current ETA is 30 minutes if the reload goes smoothly.

Updates will be posted to status.linuxfoundation.org

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while
this issue is resolved.

FD.io CI Outage

Vanessa Valderrama

We are currently experiencing an outage that is intermittently affecting
some or all of our CI services. This outage is due to an issue with a
local router at an upstream network provider.

The current ETA is 30 minutes if the reload goes smoothly.

Updates will be posted to status.linuxfoundation.org

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while
this issue is resolved.

Re: Honeycomb project committer nomination: Michal Cmarada

Peter Lapos -X (plapos - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco) <plapos@...>

Hi Ed, I will come. I was working with Marek Gradzki and now with Michal Cmarada on Honeycomb project. Since Marek can’t join today and speak on Michal’s behalf, he asked me to be his proxy today.

Thank you

banner5

Peter Lapos

Project Manager

plapos@...

Tel:

Cisco Systems, Inc.

Apollo Business Centre II Prievozska 4D
BRATISLAVA
82109
Slovakia
cisco.com

Think before you print.

Please click here for Company Registration Information.