Date   

Re: FD.io Emergency Jenkins Maintenance

Vanessa Valderrama
 

Jenkins restart is complete.  Please open an RT ticket if you experience
any additional issues.

Thank you,

Vanessa

On 01/30/2019 01:34 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:
We have placed Jenkins into shutdown mode. It will require a restart to
resolve slowness. We'll do the restart at the top of the hour.  Please
let us know as soon as possible if there are any builds that cannot be
terminated if not complete. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope
to have this issue resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you,
Vanessa



FD.io Emergency Jenkins Maintenance

Vanessa Valderrama
 

We have placed Jenkins into shutdown mode. It will require a restart to
resolve slowness. We'll do the restart at the top of the hour.  Please
let us know as soon as possible if there are any builds that cannot be
terminated if not complete. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope
to have this issue resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you,
Vanessa


Re: FD.io Maintenance: 2018-01-29 @ 2100 UTC (1:00pm PST)

Vanessa Valderrama
 

We weren't able to successfully resize Jenkins. We've brought the system back up.  Builds are running.  We'll reschedule maintenance once we've figured out the issue.

Thank you for your patience,

Vanessa


On 01/29/2019 04:19 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

We're experiencing issues resizing Jenkins. We apologize for the delay and will send an update as soon as possible.

Thank you,
Vanessa

On 01/29/2019 02:03 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Putting Jenkins in shutdown mode for maintenance.


On 01/24/2019 11:35 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

What:

Upgrade Jenkins and Nexus systems

When:

2018-01-29 @ 2100 UTC (1:00pm PST)

Impact:

The maintenance will require a reboot of Jenkins and Nexus. The expected down time is 1 hour

Why:

This upgrade is to resolve Gateway timeout errors causing build failures




Re: FD.io Maintenance: 2018-01-29 @ 2100 UTC (1:00pm PST)

Vanessa Valderrama
 

We're experiencing issues resizing Jenkins. We apologize for the delay and will send an update as soon as possible.

Thank you,
Vanessa

On 01/29/2019 02:03 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Putting Jenkins in shutdown mode for maintenance.


On 01/24/2019 11:35 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

What:

Upgrade Jenkins and Nexus systems

When:

2018-01-29 @ 2100 UTC (1:00pm PST)

Impact:

The maintenance will require a reboot of Jenkins and Nexus. The expected down time is 1 hour

Why:

This upgrade is to resolve Gateway timeout errors causing build failures



Re: FD.io Maintenance: 2018-01-29 @ 2100 UTC (1:00pm PST)

Vanessa Valderrama
 

Putting Jenkins in shutdown mode for maintenance.


On 01/24/2019 11:35 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

What:

Upgrade Jenkins and Nexus systems

When:

2018-01-29 @ 2100 UTC (1:00pm PST)

Impact:

The maintenance will require a reboot of Jenkins and Nexus. The expected down time is 1 hour

Why:

This upgrade is to resolve Gateway timeout errors causing build failures


Re: FD.io Maintenance: 2018-01-29 @ 2100 UTC (1:00pm PST)

Vanessa Valderrama
 

Reminder we'll be performing Jenkins and Nexus maintenance tomorrow.


On 01/24/2019 11:35 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

What:

Upgrade Jenkins and Nexus systems

When:

2018-01-29 @ 2100 UTC (1:00pm PST)

Impact:

The maintenance will require a reboot of Jenkins and Nexus. The expected down time is 1 hour

Why:

This upgrade is to resolve Gateway timeout errors causing build failures


FD.io Maintenance: 2018-01-29 @ 2100 UTC (1:00pm PST)

Vanessa Valderrama
 

What:

Upgrade Jenkins and Nexus systems

When:

2018-01-29 @ 2100 UTC (1:00pm PST)

Impact:

The maintenance will require a reboot of Jenkins and Nexus. The expected down time is 1 hour

Why:

This upgrade is to resolve Gateway timeout errors causing build failures


Coverage for 22/01/2019

Ray Kinsella
 

Hi folks,

 

John DiGiglio will cover my vote at the FD.io TSC.

 

Thanks,

 

Ray K

 


FINAL REMINDER: CFP for ONS North America Closes EOD Monday!

Brandon Wick <bwick@...>
 

LFN Communities:

This is your final chance to submit a proposal for Open Networking Summit North America (San Jose, April 3-5, 2019)! Please share with your networks and encourage them to submit before the deadline.

The CFP Closes: Monday, January 21, 2019 at 11:59pm PST

Open Networking Summit is the industry’s premier open networking event, enabling collaborative development and innovation across enterprises, service providers and cloud providers and discussing the future of Open Source Networking, including SDN, NFV, VNF, CNF/Cloud Native Networking, Orchestration, Automation of Cloud, Core Network, Edge, Access & IoT services.

Click here to learn more and submit via the ONS website
 
Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960



Proxy's for Jan 24th FD.io TSC meeting

Edward Warnicke
 

Florin Coras will be my proxy to the FD.io TSC meeting.

Joel Halpern has agreed to chair the meeting.

Ed


Coverage for 17/01

Ray Kinsella
 

Hi folks,

 

Keith Wiles will cover for me at today’s FD.io PDT.

 

Ray K

 


Seeking LFN Booth Demo Ideas for ONS North America

Brandon Wick <bwick@...>
 

LFN Community:

Those in attendance at OSN North America in Los Angeles last March and ONS Europe in Amsterdam last September will recall that we hosted an LF Networking Booth that showcased 8-10 compelling, community-driven demos from the LFN technical projects. See this blog post for a description of the ONS North America booth demos, and this blog post for the ONS Europe demos.

We wanted to reach out now to each of the LFN project communities to let you know that there will be space for 8-10 networking demos inside the LFN booth again at ONS North America (San Jose, April 4-6) and we are seeking demo ideas using the same process. Our goal is to show compelling uses of LFN networking project technology to solve real world industry challenges.

Demos that show cross-project elements (e.g. between LFN projects and other networking projects), that map to a specific industry use case, or are endorsed by a service provider are preferred. That said, we have some room for demos that highlight the good work and value-add from projects that don't necessarily meet these criteria. At least one demo slot will be made available for each LFN project (FD.io, ONAP, ODL, OPNFV, PNDA, SNAS, Tungsten Fabric) that submits a quality idea.  

Demos stations will again have storage space, a counter, backdrop, monitor, power, and Wi-Fi internet provided. There is no cost to host a demo in the LFN booth although additional power, internet, space, etc. may incur a cost. 

Here are the key dates to keep in mind:
  • Jan 16: Demo idea solicitation email sent to community lists
  • Feb 13: Demo ideas submissions due
  • Feb 27: Demos ideas reviewed, chosen, and notifications sent
  • April 4-6: Demos shown
To submit your demo idea for consideration, please collect and provide the following information:
  • Demo title (10 words max)
  • Brief demo description (200 words max)
  • List of demo manager(s) with contact information 
  • List of open source projects involved
  • List of companies involved
  • Any extra requirements or special considerations
Demo manager responsibilities include:
  • Creating the demo concept and actual demo to be shown
  • Responding promptly to requests for information
  • Meeting all demo preparation deadlines
  • Setting up and testing the demo pre-show and taking down post-show
  • Staffing the demo during ONS expo hours (along with other designated team members to help share the load)
  • Being willing to participate in media activities, e.g. photos, videos
ONS sponsor companies are of course welcome to host demos in their booths on the show floor as well. Please check with your ONS sponsorship manager to explore these opportunities. 

Submit your demo ideas by February 13 by sending an email to bwick@.... LFN staff leadership (Heather, Phil, Arpit) will then review the submissions, get back to submitters with questions, suggestions, and recommend a final demo roster by Feb 27th. Send any questions you may have to bwick@....

We look forward to seeing your demo ideas.

Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960


CFPs Approaching: KubeCon Europe + ONS North America

Brandon Wick <bwick@...>
 

LFN Project Communities:

The Call for Proposals (CFP) deadline is approaching for KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2019 (Jan 18th) and ONS North America (Jan 21st). We encourage you to look thought the tracks and submit talks around your important work. If you have any questions or comments about your submissions, please route them through Jill Lovato (jlovato@...). 

Best, 

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960



FD.io - Scheduled maintenance packagecloud.io - Jan 18, 2019

Vanessa Valderrama
 

Notification of packagecloud maintenance on January 18th.

Thank you,

Vanessa



-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [releng] [collab-it] [packagecloud] Scheduled maintenance Jan 18, 2019
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2019 17:18:48 +0000
From: packagecloud <app@...>
Reply-To: support@...
To: collab-it+fdio@...


Hi,

packagecloud.io has scheduled a maintenance window on January 18, 2019, from 12 pm to 3 pm Pacific Standard Time.

We wanted to send you an email to let you know that during this time the service will be unavailable as we perform a large infrastructure upgrade.

Please check our blog post here: https://blog.packagecloud.io/eng/2019/01/04/scheduled-maintenance/ for more information on this upgrade.

We'll be posting updates to Twitter and our status page (links at the bottom of this email) before, during, and at the conclusion of the maintenance window.

Thanks,

The packagecloud crew
---
Email us any time! support@...
Follow us on twitter! https://twitter.com/packagecloudio
Join our slack! https://bit.ly/packagecloud-users
Subscribe to our status page! http://www.packagecloudstatus.io/
Privacy Policy: https://packagecloud.io/legal/privacy


Re: JVPP proposal

Michal Cmarada
 

Hi,

 

Yes I can attend.

 

Michal

 

Michal Cmarada

Engineer - Software

mcmarada@...

Tel:

 

 

 

 

Cisco Systems, Inc.

 

 

 

Slovakia

cisco.com

Think before you print.

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.

Please click here for Company Registration Information.

 

 

From: Ed Warnicke <hagbard@...>
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 11:19 PM
To: Michal Cmarada -X (mcmarada - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco) <mcmarada@...>
Cc: tsc@...
Subject: Re: [tsc] JVPP proposal

 

Can you attend the Jan 10 TSC meeting for a project creation review?

 

Ed

 

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 9:31 AM Michal Cmarada via Lists.Fd.Io <mcmarada=cisco.com@...> wrote:

Hi TSC members,

 

Please accept project proposal for JVPP which will be migrated from VPP code base.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/JVPP

 

thanks,

Michal

 

 

Michal Cmarada

Engineer - Software

mcmarada@...

Tel:

 

 

 

 

Cisco Systems, Inc.

 

 

 

Slovakia

cisco.com

Think before you print.

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.

Please click here for Company Registration Information.

 

 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#922): https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/message/922
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/28733531/464962
Group Owner: tsc+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/unsub  [hagbard@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


Re: Please schedule a TSC vote to approve George Zhao as a Sweetcomb project initial committer

George Zhao
 

Thank you,

George

 

From: Ed Warnicke [mailto:hagbard@...]
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 6:12 AM
To: George Zhao <George.Y.Zhao@...>
Cc: Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>; tsc@...
Subject: Re: [tsc] Please schedule a TSC vote to approve George Zhao as a Sweetcomb project initial committer

 

George,

 

I am delighted to know you are involved with Sweetcomb.  My experience has been that every project you've been associated with has benefited from your participation :)

 

Ed

 

On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 10:30 PM George Zhao <George.Y.Zhao@...> wrote:

Thanks Hongjun.

 

Although this is an initial committers for Sweetcomb and the vote was through team meeting instead of email, I think Sweetcomb project has enough committers, and let’s keep it this way for the time being,  you are more than welcome to promote someone who does enough meritocratic contributions in the future.

 

I will participate in Sweetcomb project meetings and hand it over to more proper internal people to the team.

 

BR,

George

 

 

From: tsc@... [mailto:tsc@...] On Behalf Of Edward Warnicke
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2018 11:49 AM
To: Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>
Cc: tsc@...
Subject: Re: [tsc] Please schedule a TSC vote to approve George Zhao as a Sweetcomb project initial committer

 

Hongjun,

 

Could you provide the link to the email record of the vote and to George's list of meritocratic contribution to the Sweetcomb project (usually a gerrit link to his merged commits to the project)

 

Ed

 

 

 

On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 3:20 AM Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...> wrote:

Hi TSC members,

 

Sweetcomb project had a vote for Huawei joining Sweetcomb project and George Zhao as an initial committer in last weekly meeting.

10 of 10 attendees agreed to approve it.  

Please schedule a TSC vote to approve George Zhao as a Sweetcomb project initial committer.

Thanks a lot!

 

·        Huawei confirmed to join Sweetcomb project.

·        Background:

Before Sweetcomb project was proposed to FD.io TSC, Huawei wanted to join the Sweetcomb project as an initial founder and committer.

But they need to get internal approval before commitment, it is held on until this week.

This week, they got internal approval  finally and confirmed to join Sweetcomb. They want to become a founder and has an initial committer.

·        Vote: if accepting Huawei as an initial founder and having George Zhao as an initial committer?  

·        10 attendees agreed.

·        Need get final approval from FD.io TSC.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: sweetcomb-dev@... [mailto:sweetcomb-dev@...] On Behalf Of Ni, Hongjun
Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2018 9:57 AM
To: sweetcomb-dev@...; Wang, Drenfong <drenfong.wang@...>; wangchuanguo@...; chenhui@...; lizhuoqun@...; lihf140@...; zhijl.bri@...; changlin.li@...; tianyi.wang@...; davidfgao@...; jingqing.cjy@...; gu.jian1@...; George Zhao <George.Y.Zhao@...>; Andrej Vanko -X (avanko - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco) <avanko@...>
Cc: Kinsella, Ray <ray.kinsella@...>; Ed Warnicke <hagbard@...>; Dave Barach (dbarach <dbarach@...>
Subject: [sweetcomb-dev] Meeting notes for Dec 14

 

Hi all,

 

Thank you for joining the meeting!  Below is the meeting notes: Please correct me if something missed.

 

Attendees:

 

·        Each attendee introduced themselves briefly, so that we know each other.

·        Huawei confirmed to join Sweetcomb project.

·        Background:

Before Sweetcomb project was proposed to FD.io TSC, Huawei wanted to join the Sweetcomb project as an initial founder and committer.

But they need to get internal approval before commitment, it is held on until this week.

This week, they got internal approval  finally and confirmed to join Sweetcomb. They want to become a founder and has an initial committer.

·        Vote: if accepting Huawei as an initial founder and having George Zhao as an initial committer?  

·        10 attendees agreed.

·        Need get final approval from FD.io TSC.

·        Discussed the choice between OpenConfig and IETF Yang models.

·        Background from Pavol:

We have a several observations regarding the choice between OC and IETF models:

a.      IETF and OC models can coexist and they generally describe the same thing.

b.      It usually takes years for IETF models to get adopted, such as https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-acl-model/, whereas OC models are published already.

c.      Apart from the dataplane, OC models also describe platform, system, routing.

So, we're thinking we can either have both OC and IETF (+ honeycomb proprietary vpp models) at the same time. Or one or the other via a configuration switch upon start.

The only downside is that as of now, our code is closely tied to OC models – there’s no easy way of pulling that out and plugging in IETF or other models.

·        Vote on three options:

o Option 1: only choosing OpenConfig Yang Models.

o Option 2: only choosing IETF Yang Models.

o Option 3: choosing both OpenConfig and IETF Yang Models at the same time.

·        Majority attendees agreed on Option 3.

i.e. remaining neutral and be able to support OpenConfig, IETF or Honeycomb Yang models.

·        Need to decide if we should make it possible to use “competing” models at the same time.

Jerome send an email to group mail list to initiate a discussion.

·        Sorry to delay this sync meeting to Friday, since Hongjun joined FD.io Mini-Summit and also demoed at FD.io booth at KubeCon NA this week.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

 

_._,_._,_


Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#59) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [hongjun.ni@...]

_._,_._,_

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#924): https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/message/924
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/28780116/464962
Group Owner: tsc+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/unsub  [hagbard@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


Re: Project Proposal for hicn

Luca Muscariello <lumuscar+fdio@...>
 

Yes, I can.

 

Thank you.

Luca

 

 

 

From: Ed Warnicke <hagbard@...>
Date: Wednesday 19 December 2018 at 23:45
To: "lumuscar+fdio@..." <lumuscar+fdio@...>
Cc: "tsc@..." <tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [tsc] Project Proposal for hicn

 

Can you attend the next TSC meeting (Jan 10) for a creation review?

 

Ed

 

On Fri, Dec 7, 2018 at 5:59 AM via Lists.Fd.Io <lumuscar+fdio=cisco.com@...> wrote:

Dear TSC,

 

Please accept this project proposal for hicn for consideration.

 

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/hicn

 

Best regards,

Luca Muscariello

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#919): https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/message/919
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/28636498/464962
Group Owner: tsc+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/unsub  [hagbard@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


Re: Project Proposal for hicn

Edward Warnicke
 

Can you attend the next TSC meeting (Jan 10) for a creation review?

Ed

On Fri, Dec 7, 2018 at 5:59 AM via Lists.Fd.Io <lumuscar+fdio=cisco.com@...> wrote:

Dear TSC,

 

Please accept this project proposal for hicn for consideration.

 

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/hicn

 

Best regards,

Luca Muscariello

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#919): https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/message/919
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/28636498/464962
Group Owner: tsc+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/unsub  [hagbard@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


Re: JVPP proposal

Edward Warnicke
 

Can you attend the Jan 10 TSC meeting for a project creation review?

Ed

On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 9:31 AM Michal Cmarada via Lists.Fd.Io <mcmarada=cisco.com@...> wrote:

Hi TSC members,

 

Please accept project proposal for JVPP which will be migrated from VPP code base.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/JVPP

 

thanks,

Michal

 

 

Michal Cmarada

Engineer - Software

mcmarada@...

Tel:

 

 

 

 

Cisco Systems, Inc.

 

 

 

Slovakia

cisco.com

Think before you print.

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.

Please click here for Company Registration Information.

 

 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#922): https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/message/922
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/28733531/464962
Group Owner: tsc+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/unsub  [hagbard@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


Re: Please add two discussion points to TSC meeting

Marco Varlese <mvarlese@...>
 

On Wed, 2018-12-19 at 12:07 +0100, Damjan Marion via Lists.Fd.Io wrote:


On 19 Dec 2018, at 11:09, Marco Varlese <mvarlese@...> wrote:

On Wed, 2018-12-19 at 08:49 +0100, Damjan Marion wrote:


On 19 Dec 2018, at 08:41, Marco Varlese <mvarlese@...> wrote:
Hi Ed,

On Tue, 2018-12-18 at 13:04 -0600, Edward Warnicke wrote:
Marco,

I believe SPDX is already on the agenda. Feel free to add Python 3 as well.  Please do note that the next TSC meeting is January 10th.  
Cool; I booked my calendar for the 10th Jan. 
I'd like to take the opportunity to wish everybody in the TSC a happy holiday season!!!


One other thing to note, while the TSC can encourage things like SPDX adoption and is a good venue for discussing things like that which are cross project... we cannot *mandate*, we can only persuade.
Yes, absolutely. That's totally understood by me. 
All I would like to do is: raise awareness and see if and where SPDX can find a home within the FD.io community. I'm sure that when people start seeing and feeling the benefits of it then the adoption will happen without forcing it. 

Is this mainly about finding a volunteer to go around the source tree and do search/replace exercise?
Well... that sounds harsh to be honest.

Sorry, so there is more bureaucracy work than?
The TSC discussion as mentioned few times. Nothing more than that I believe.
However, I don't see that as bureaucracy.
I feel that the SPDX discussion cannot be made exclusively at the VPP project meeting because the real power of its adoption would be to embrace the wider FD.io subprojects. That is the reason why I didn't bring that up at the VPP project meeting.
Further, as a consequence, I feel that it would be a complete waste of time to replicate the same discussion multiple times in the various subproject meetings hence the need to have the TSC (super-partes) to express an opinion about SPDX.



Eventually, that's what would need to happen if SPDX is accepted.

And I'm quite sure it could be scripted...

good to know.


Or i missed something? :)

However, what I said is "raise awareness" because I haven't seen any talk/discussion/feeling around the use of SPDX and I believe that getting a feeling from the TSC is the first thing which needs to happen.

Seems like right topic for TSC!
Good.






-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#936): 
https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/message/936

Mute This Topic: 
https://lists.fd.io/mt/28790383/675056

Group Owner: 
tsc+owner@...

Unsubscribe: 
https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/unsub
  [
mvarlese@...
]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-