Date

Re: FD.io Maintenance: 2019-02-26 @ 2000 UTC (12:00pm PST) - 0000 UTC (4:00pm PST)

Vanessa Valderrama

Remind FD.io system maintenance is scheduled for tomorrow @ 2000 UTC

What:

FD.io system maintenance

  • Jenkins resizing, security patch upgrade, and OS updates
  • Nexus upgrade and OS updates
  • Gerrit upgrade and OS updates
  • JIRA upgrade and OS updates
  • Sonar upgrade and OS updates
  • OpenGrok OS updates

When:

2019-02-26 @ 2000 UTC (12:00pm PST) - 0000 UTC (4:00pm PST)

Impact:

The maintenance will require a reboot of each FD.io system.  The following systems will be impacted:

  • Jenkins production
  • Jenkins sandbox
  • Nexus
  • Gerrit
  • JIRA
  • Sonar
  • OpenGrok

Why:

The Jenkins resizing is to resolve gateway timeout errors causing build failures. The rest of the system maintenance is standard LF maintenance

Re: FD.io minisummit at Kubecon EU (May 21-23, Barcelona)

Luca Muscariello

Hi Ed

Is participation to fd.io summit free of charge?

From hicn project point of view Kubecon EU in Barcelona is

a convenient location.

Thanks

Luca

From: <tsc@...> on behalf of Edward Warnicke <hagbard@...>
Date: Thursday 21 February 2019 at 21:15
To: "tsc@..." <tsc@...>, vpp-dev <vpp-dev@...>, "csit-dev@..." <csit-dev@...>, "dmm-dev@..." <dmm-dev@...>, honeycomb-dev <honeycomb-dev@...>, "sweetcomb-dev@..." <sweetcomb-dev@...>, "hicn-dev@..." <hicn-dev@...>
Subject: Re: [tsc] FD.io minisummit at Kubecon EU (May 21-23, Barcelona)

+ hicn and sweetcomb, who's lists were misconfigured the first time I sent it :)

Ed

On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 1:04 PM Ed Warnicke <hagbard@...> wrote:

Traditionally in the past FD.io has held collocated minisummits at Kubecon (NA and EU).

We are fortunate to have budget to do Kubecon EU, Kubecon NA, and one other collocated event (probably best to be held in Asia and possibly at an embedded event).

In the course of discussing this, the FD.io Marketing group felt that doing a separate FD.io booth at Kubecon EU was a clear win, but raised the question:

- Is there a better choice for an EU event to collocate with for the FD.io minisummit?

This is a good question, and so wanted to open the discussion to the broader community, as it differs from what had previously been discussed in the community and decided on.

So, thoughts?  Opinions?  Ideas?

Ed

Re: FD.io outage

Vanessa Valderrama

Please follow https://status.linuxfoundation.org/ for updates on the
ongoing issues with Jenkins and Nexus.

Multiple LF projects are experiencing issues reaching Jenkins and Nexus,
. We are aware of the issue and are in contact with our vendor who is
working on the issue. Unfortunately we do not have an ETA at this time.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

FD.io outage

Vanessa Valderrama

Multiple LF projects are experiencing issues reaching Jenkins and Nexus,
. We are aware of the issue and are in contact with our vendor who is
working on the issue. Unfortunately we do not have an ETA at this time.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

Re: FD.io minisummit at Kubecon EU (May 21-23, Barcelona)

Edward Warnicke

[...]

Re: FD.io - Gerrit Authentication Errors

Vanessa Valderrama

The issue has been resolved. Please let us know if you have any other problems.

We are aware of users experiencing authentication issues when trying to
log into gerrit.fd.io. We have identified the cause and are working to
resolve it as quickly as possible. I have requested an ETA but have not
been provided one at this time.

Maintenance has been rescheduled for 2019-02-26 @ 2000 UTC (12:00pm PST) - 0000 UTC (4:00pm PST)

2019-02-19 @ 2000 UTC (12:00pm PST) - 0000 UTC (4:00pm PST)

Impact:

The maintenance will require a reboot of each FD.io system.  The following systems will be impacted:

  • Jenkins production
  • Jenkins sandbox
  • Nexus
  • Gerrit
  • JIRA
  • Sonar
  • OpenGrok

Why:

The Jenkins resizing is to resolve gateway timeout errors causing build failures. The rest of the system maintenance is standard LF maintenance

Re: EOL of FD.io TRex Repo

Ray Kinsella

To clarify my own email.

TRex is *not* EOL’ed, it is very much alive and kicking.

See the latest from Hanoch.

https://fosdem.org/2019/schedule/event/trex_generator/

This agenda item was to discuss the EO’ing of the TRex *repo* in FD.io.

Nothing more.

From: Brandon Wick <bwick@...>
Date: Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 10:52 PM
Subject: Seeking LFN Booth Demo Ideas for ONS North America

[...]

Please let us know if this maintenance causing any conflict for your project

[...]

Re: FD.io Emergency Jenkins Maintenance

Dave Barach

Today is the fd.io vpp project 19.01 final release date. This is a really bad time for infrastructure issues. Please plan on turning up at tomorrow's TSC meeting with a detailed explanation of what went wrong.

D.

We have placed Jenkins into shutdown mode. It will require a restart to resolve slowness. We'll do the restart at the top of the hour.  Please let us know as soon as possible if there are any builds that cannot be terminated if not complete. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have this issue resolved as soon as possible.

Re: [vpp-dev] FD.io Emergency Jenkins Maintenance

Andrew 👽 Yourtchenko <ayourtch@...>

I would like the https://gerrit.fd.io/r/#/c/17173/ to finish before
the restart, it is almost there...

--a