Date

REMINDER: LFN Staff Survey of the Community Due July 10th

Brandon Wick <bwick@...>

LFN Community,

In order to get a better sense for the community and how we could do our jobs better, we've pulled together a short LFN Staff Survey of the Community. We believe that the TSCs for each Project are in the best position to determine which lists they feel are most appropriate for distribution; so if there are additional lists which you believe should be included for your Project, please let us know.

The anonymous survey is 21 questions and should take about 5-10 minutes to complete. Please complete the survey by July 10th. Thank you for helping us improve LFN.

Ray Kinsella will be chairing Jul 11 FD.io TSC meeting

Edward Warnicke

Ray Kinsella will be chairing Jul 11 FD.io TSC meeting

I will not be able to attend due to travel.

Ed

Re: FD.io Jenkins Maintenance: 2019-07-02 @ 1800 UTC (11:00am PDT)

Vanessa Valderrama

Maintenance is complete. Please open a ticket at support.linuxfoundation.org if you have any issues.

Thank you,
Anton & Vanessa

Jenkins has been placed in shutdown mode

This is a reminder we have Jenkins maintenance tomorrow.

FD.io system maintenance

  • Jenkins
    • Enable additional logging
    • Update plug-ins
When:2019-07-02 @ 1800 UTC (11:00am PDT)

Impact:

This maintenance requires a reboot of Jenkins.  Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1800 UTC. We will terminate jobs at 1900 UTC.

  • Jenkins sandbox
  • Jenkins production

Re: FD.io Jenkins Maintenance: 2019-07-02 @ 1800 UTC (11:00am PDT)

Vanessa Valderrama

Jenkins has been placed in shutdown mode

This is a reminder we have Jenkins maintenance tomorrow.

FD.io system maintenance

  • Jenkins
    • Enable additional logging
    • Update plug-ins
When:2019-07-02 @ 1800 UTC (11:00am PDT)

Impact:

This maintenance requires a reboot of Jenkins.  Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1800 UTC. We will terminate jobs at 1900 UTC.

  • Jenkins sandbox
  • Jenkins production

Re: Florin Coras has my proxy for the 7/11 TSC meeting

Edward Warnicke

Thanks for letting us know :)

Ed

On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 9:58 AM Dave Barach via Lists.Fd.Io <dbarach=cisco.com@...> wrote:

Thanks... Dave

Re: FD.io Jenkins Maintenance: 2019-07-02 @ 1800 UTC (11:00am PDT)

Vanessa Valderrama

This is a reminder we have Jenkins maintenance tomorrow.

FD.io system maintenance

  • Jenkins
    • Enable additional logging
    • Update plug-ins
When:2019-07-02 @ 1800 UTC (11:00am PDT)

Impact:

This maintenance requires a reboot of Jenkins.  Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1800 UTC. We will terminate jobs at 1900 UTC.

  • Jenkins sandbox
  • Jenkins production

Florin Coras has my proxy for the 7/11 TSC meeting

Dave Barach

Thanks... Dave

RESPONSE NEEDED: LFN Staff Survey of the Community

Brandon Wick <bwick@...>

LFN Community,

In order to get a better sense for the community and how we could do our jobs better, we've pulled together a short LFN Staff Survey of the Community. We believe that the TSCs for each Project are in the best position to determine which lists they feel are most appropriate for distribution; so if there are additional lists which you believe should be included for your Project, please let us know.

The anonymous survey is 21 questions and should take about 5-10 minutes to complete. Please complete the survey by July 10th. Thank you for helping us improve LFN.

Coverage for WW26

Ray Kinsella

Hi folks,

I am OOO this week travelling, Keith Wiles will be covering for me at the FD.io TSC.

Ray K

FD.io Jenkins Maintenance: 2019-07-02 @ 1800 UTC (11:00am PDT)

FD.io system maintenance

  • Jenkins
    • Enable additional logging
    • Update plug-ins
When:2019-07-02 @ 1800 UTC (11:00am PDT)

Impact:

This maintenance requires a reboot of Jenkins.  Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1800 UTC. We will terminate jobs at 1900 UTC.

  • Jenkins sandbox
  • Jenkins production

Re: Project proposal for opflex-vpp-renderer

George Zhao <george.zhao@...>

Congratulations.

I apologies for missing last TSC call, I was travelling and got confused by the time.

Thanks,

George

From: Ed Warnicke <hagbard@...>
Date: Thursday, June 13, 2019 at 8:34 AM
To: "Kiran Shastri (kishastr)" <
kishastr@...>
Cc: "
tsc@..." <tsc@...>

Congratulations to opflex on being accepted as a FD.io incubation project!

Ed

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 4:27 PM Kiran Shastri (kishastr) <kishastr@...> wrote:

Thanks Ed. Yes I can present on Jun 13th 8 AM PST(UTC -8). I will add slides to the project proposal before the meeting.

-Kiran

From: Ed Warnicke <hagbard@...>
Date: Wednesday, June 5, 2019 at 11:38 AM
To: "Kiran Shastri (kishastr)" <
kishastr@...>
Cc: "
tsc@..." <tsc@...>

Kishtar,

Would you like to present this to the TSC on Thu Jun 13th at 8am PT?

Ed

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 1:52 PM via Lists.Fd.Io <kishastr=cisco.com@...> wrote:

Please accept this proposal for opflex-vpp-renderer for consideration.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/opflex-vpp-renderer

Code is existing: https://github.com/opflex-vpp/vpp-renderer

Thanks,

Kiran

Re: Emergency Maintenance - FD.io Jenkins Slowness

Vanessa Valderrama

After analyzing Jenkins logs and graphs we determined the root cause of
the load issue may be a memory leak or a bug.

We are scheduling Jenkins maintenance next Tuesday to add additional
logging to help troubleshoot these issues in the future.

Thank you,
Anton and Vanessa

Jenkins is up. We're still determining the root cause and will monitor
closely.

We are placing Jenkins in shutdown mode to troubleshoot the slowness we
are experiencing.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

We're currently experience slowness and intermittent HTTPError: 504
Server Error: Gateway Time-outs on build jobs.

We are working on resolving this issue as quickly as possible.

[...]

FD.io Jenkins Slowness

Vanessa Valderrama

We're currently experience slowness and intermittent HTTPError: 504
Server Error: Gateway Time-outs on build jobs.

We are working on resolving this issue as quickly as possible.

Re: New Sweetcomb project committer nomination: Andrej Kozemcak

Ni, Hongjun

Thank you Ed and all TSC members!

Congratulations to Andrej Kozemcak being a new Sweetcomb Committer!

Thank you for your great contribution to Sweetcomb Project!

Thanks,

Hongjun

From: Ed Warnicke <hagbard@...>
Date: Wednesday, June 5, 2019 at 11:38 AM
To: "Kiran Shastri (kishastr)" <kishastr@...>
Cc: "tsc@..." <tsc@...>

Kishtar,

Would you like to present this to the TSC on Thu Jun 13th at 8am PT?

Ed

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 1:52 PM via Lists.Fd.Io <kishastr=cisco.com@...> wrote:

Please accept this proposal for opflex-vpp-renderer for consideration.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/opflex-vpp-renderer

Code is existing: https://github.com/opflex-vpp/vpp-renderer

Thanks,

Kiran

LF Service desk ticketing changes

Trishan de Lanerolle

Service Desk migration

The Linux Foundation IT is migrating from email-based support system using Request Tracker to a web-based platform provided by Jira Service Desk. We are doing this in order to improve our level of service and your support experience.

The following are the primary improvements you should expect after migration is complete:

  1. Single Sign-On with other Linux Foundation sites, using the same LF ID credentials

  2. Integration with knowledge base articles to help identify possible self-service solutions

  3. Ability to track all your support requests across various projects via the same service desk interface

  4. Ability to see public issues created by other members of your project

The new service desk will become available to you starting Monday, June 17, 2019.

Any support requests that are already open in RT will be preserved and completed there, so there is no need to re-submit them again using the Jira Service Desk. Any new tickets created in RT will be automatically closed with a suggestion and instructions to use the new service desk procedure.

Starting Monday, June 17, please use the procedure described in the attached “Getting LF IT Help” document.