From: tsc@... <tsc@...> On Behalf Of Edward Warnicke
Sent: Thursday 24 June 2021 16:15
To: tsc@...
Subject: [tsc] TSC Governance Change Vote

Approve merging Governance changes from

ending in commit 4d97f2ccd6f52ad31f596caac2deeb08cb7d0774

-1,0,+1?

Ed

Re: TSC Governance Change Vote

Damjan Marion

+1

On 24.06.2021., at 17:14, Edward Warnicke <hagbard@...> wrote:

Approve merging Governance changes from

ending in commit 4d97f2ccd6f52ad31f596caac2deeb08cb7d0774

-1,0,+1?

Ed

TSC Governance Change Vote

Edward Warnicke

Approve merging Governance changes from

ending in commit 4d97f2ccd6f52ad31f596caac2deeb08cb7d0774

-1,0,+1?

Ed

Libera IRC

Vanessa Valderrama

The Linux Foundation is moving from Freenode to Libera Chat. The FD.io TSC approved the move and registered the #fdio and #fdio-meeting channels. If your project requires an additional channel, please open a request at support.linuxfoundation.org.

Please be sure to register your nick. Libera can be accessed via a web chat or any IRC client.

Please Take the General Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Partner Survey

Brandon Wick

LFN Communities,

The Anuket and XGVela communities have developed a survey and ask your help in defining parameters for a General Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS). Community feedback is extremely important. Take the survey here (~15 minutes to compete). Please take the survey before July 15, 2021.

The Anuket and XGVela communities have developed a survey and ask your help in defining parameters for a General Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS). The objective of this Survey is to understand the state of the industry and trends.  You and your organization’s input to identify and prioritize the Categories and the set of Platform Services that should be provided by the General PaaS is critical to achieve the objective. In addition, so as to understand the integration challenges, your inputs on the software tools, products and services that you use or intend to use for each of the Platform Services is of utmost importance.

Problem
As telco operators gain experience with managing workloads on cloud infrastructures, they have come to realize that their business agility is hampered by the lack of a “platform” services required  by Telco services for simplified and agile applications development and enable smooth delivery to production.  The services platform, offered as a General Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) on the cloud, should consist of a pre-defined comprehensive set of capabilities that enable faster development using an integrated set of software tools, products and services, with built-in automated life-cycle management, or simply the necessary platform services for Day 0, Day 1 and Day 2 applications development, delivery, deployment and production.

Value
With the current trend towards utilizing hybrid and multi clouds, it’s getting increasingly harder to integrate and test the various combinations of services/software/tools for the specific needs of the business cases and the underlying clouds. Here we are trying to collate the most popular and widely accepted of the combinations that are being looked upon to have a reference architecture along with the specific services/software/tools. The current activity is being articulated with the help of Anuket and XGVela groups both of which are looking at current constituents, the specific needs of the PaaS and its extensions.

The diagram below puts the context of General PaaS and the Platform Service Categories in the context of the physical infrastructure, IaaS, CaaS and Telco PaaS. It can be used as reference as you complete the survey. A link to the survey is below the diagram.

PaaS Survey Diagram.jpg

We hope you decide to take the survey and help us define this exciting new platform. Please take the survey before July 15, 2021.

Please direct any questions to Louis Illuzzi (lilluzzi@...).

REMINDER: ONE Summit CFP Closes June 20th

Brandon Wick

LF Networking Communities:

Open Networking & Edge Summit (Oct 11-12, Los Angeles + Virtual) is the ONE event for End to End Connectivity Solutions powered by Open Source. It enables the collaborative development necessary to shape the future of networking and edge computing. In 2021, CNCF’s Kubernetes on Edge Day will be hosted with ONE Summit.

The CFP closes June 20th. Learn more and submit today

Dates to Remember:

CFP Closes: Sunday, June 20 at 11:59 PM PDT
CFP Notifications: Monday, July 26
Schedule Announcement: Thursday, July 29
Presentation Slide Due Date: Friday, October 8, 2021
Event Dates: Monday, October 11- Tuesday, October 12, 2021

We hope you submit for a talk as well as register for the event!

Please direct any questions to events@...

Re: Dave Wallace will be my proxy for this Thu's FD.io TSC meeting

Joel Halpern

Do we know what we are going to do for a chat channel, and whether it has any of the tooling we have become used to?

Presentation Slide Due Date: Friday, October 8, 2021
Event Dates: Monday, October 11- Tuesday, October 12, 2021

We hope you submit for a talk as well as register for the event!

Please direct any questions to events@....

bwick@...
+1.917.282.0960

Log Retention

Vanessa Valderrama

FDio now has S3 logging enabled. Logs are now available on Nexus and S3, see the URLs below. We're now in the planning phase for the Nexus decommission.

Logs

  • We'll need to migrate old logs from Nexus to S3. Please let us know the log retention requirement for your project.
Accessing Logs

Docs

  • We are working with RTD to gain access to the FDio RTD account that was setup by a member of the community. Once we have access to manage the account, we'll begin the discussion for the docs migration

A special thanks to Dave Wallace for all his work which helped to get the S3 logging in place for FDio.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns regarding S3 logs or the Nexus decommission. If you experience any issues with logging, please open a request at support.linuxfoundation.org.

FINAL REMINDER: Register for the LFN Developer & Testing Forum (June 7-10)

Brandon Wick

LFN Technical Communities,

The LFN Developer & Testing Forum will be held virtually over four days, June 7-10, 2021. Once again we will be gathering the LFN project technical communities to progress our releases; discuss project architecture, direction, and integration points; and further innovate through the open source networking stack. We will use a combination of online tools to create a productive and interactive virtual meeting environment. LFN projects planning participation include Anuket, ODIM, ONAP, OpenDaylight, Tungsten Fabric, and XGVela.

The event is free of cost and registration is required.

Re: Dave Wallace will be my proxy for tomorrow's FD.io TSC meeting

Ray Kinsella

100%

Dave Wallace will be my proxy for tomorrow's FD.io TSC meeting

Edward Warnicke

Ray,

Would you be willing to chair?

Ed

proxy for meeting tomorrow

Damjan Marion

Will not be able to join TSC call tomorrow, my proxy will be Maciek.

Thanks,

Damjan

This weeks agenda

Joel Halpern

Do we plan to continue discussing the TSC restructuring, or did we finish that last week?

PS: I am trying to prioritize this and a competing call I probably need to be on.