Date   

FINAL REMINDER: Register for ONES (Sep 28-30)

Brandon Wick
 

LFN Technical Community:

Open Networking and Ege Summit (ONES) is the flagship event for LF Networking and LF Edge -- all members and community participants are strongly encouraged to attend. This year, ONES is taking place virtually Sep 28-30 and registration is only $50Linux Foundation, LFN, and LF Edge Members are eligible to receive a 20% discount. Please email events@... to request the member discount code or with any questions.


FYI, the LFN Virtual Technical Meetings are being held Oct 13-15There is no cost to attend but registration is required. View the event wiki here and register here

Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960


Re: [vpp-dev] Happy Trails to Me...

Kinsella, Ray <mdr@...>
 

Dave,

Good for you.

Let me take this opportunity to say Thank You!
for your wise stewardship and wry sense of humour over the past few years of the FD.io project,
for your bootstrapping of multiple development efforts, like the FD.io VPP TCP Stack with Florin and Team, static analysis, too many contributions to list.
and for your service to the FD.io Technical Steering Committee.

Clearly we'd rather you had hung around as FD.io VPP PTL indefinitely.
Happy trails, glad you are sticking around as a contributor.

Thanks,

Ray K

On 17/09/2020 15:31, dave@... wrote:
Folks,

I’m departing the employment rolls towards the end of next month. Although I
intend to remain active in the fd.io vpp community as a coder, committer,
and resident greybeard, it’s time for the community to pick a new PTL.

According to the project governance document,
https://fd.io/docs/tsc/FD.IO-Technical-Community-Document-12-12-2017.pdf:

3.2.3.1 Project Technical Leader Candidates 
Candidates for the project’s PTL will be derived from the Committers of the
Project. Candidates must self-nominate.

I'd like to invite any interested vpp project committer to self-nominate for
the PTL role. Please email vpp-dev@....

Let's close the self-nomination period in one week: more specifically, by
5pm EDT on Thursday, September 24, 2020; committer vote to follow
thereafter.

I'll be glad to answer unicast questions about the PTL role from eligible
committers.

Thanks... Dave  










Re: [vpp-dev] Happy Trails to Me...

dave@...
 

Thanks... Much appreciated... Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: St Leger, Jim <jim.st.leger@...>
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2020 12:13 PM
To: dave@...; vpp-dev@...; tsc@...
Subject: RE: [vpp-dev] Happy Trails to Me...

Dave:

Wow...I'm starting to wonder what the community would do without you, but
grateful to hear you'll remain active.

You have been "the" foundation of FD.io wrt VPP since the inception (and of
course for many more years when VPP was solely software within Cisco.)

Your leadership and contributions have been invaluable. We are all
tremendously indebted and grateful for all that you've done. And we will
continue to be appreciative for all you will continue to do.

All the very best,
Jim


-----Original Message-----
From: vpp-dev@... <vpp-dev@...> On Behalf Of
dave@...
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2020 7:32 AM
To: vpp-dev@...; tsc@...
Subject: [vpp-dev] Happy Trails to Me...

Folks,

I'm departing the employment rolls towards the end of next month. Although I
intend to remain active in the fd.io vpp community as a coder, committer,
and resident greybeard, it's time for the community to pick a new PTL.

According to the project governance document,
https://fd.io/docs/tsc/FD.IO-Technical-Community-Document-12-12-2017.pdf:

3.2.3.1 Project Technical Leader Candidates Candidates for the project's PTL
will be derived from the Committers of the Project. Candidates must
self-nominate.

I'd like to invite any interested vpp project committer to self-nominate for
the PTL role. Please email vpp-dev@....

Let's close the self-nomination period in one week: more specifically, by
5pm EDT on Thursday, September 24, 2020; committer vote to follow
thereafter.

I'll be glad to answer unicast questions about the PTL role from eligible
committers.

Thanks... Dave


Re: Happy Trails to Me...

Damjan Marion
 

Dear Dave,

It is not surprise to me as we already spoke about this several times.
I’m glad that you decided to stay with us and help this project grow, even
after you step down from the PTL role.

As you said, we need to elect new PTL, and I would like to nominate myself.

If I am elected, I know it will not be easy to fill your shoes and I will
count on your help to get me running.

Thank you for driving this project as PTL since day 1, back in 2015.
I’m looking forward to continue to work closely with you and continue to
do cool staff.


Best,

Damjan

On 17 Sep 2020, at 16:31, dave@... wrote:

Folks,

I'm departing the employment rolls towards the end of next month. Although I
intend to remain active in the fd.io vpp community as a coder, committer,
and resident greybeard, it's time for the community to pick a new PTL.

According to the project governance document,
https://fd.io/docs/tsc/FD.IO-Technical-Community-Document-12-12-2017.pdf:

3.2.3.1 Project Technical Leader Candidates
Candidates for the project's PTL will be derived from the Committers of the
Project. Candidates must self-nominate.

I'd like to invite any interested vpp project committer to self-nominate for
the PTL role. Please email vpp-dev@....

Let's close the self-nomination period in one week: more specifically, by
5pm EDT on Thursday, September 24, 2020; committer vote to follow
thereafter.

I'll be glad to answer unicast questions about the PTL role from eligible
committers.

Thanks... Dave









Re: [vpp-dev] Happy Trails to Me...

St Leger, Jim
 

Dave:

Wow...I'm starting to wonder what the community would do without you, but grateful to hear you'll remain active.

You have been "the" foundation of FD.io wrt VPP since the inception (and of course for many more years when VPP was solely software within Cisco.)

Your leadership and contributions have been invaluable. We are all tremendously indebted and grateful for all that you've done. And we will continue to be appreciative for all you will continue to do.

All the very best,
Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: vpp-dev@... <vpp-dev@...> On Behalf Of dave@...
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2020 7:32 AM
To: vpp-dev@...; tsc@...
Subject: [vpp-dev] Happy Trails to Me...

Folks,

I'm departing the employment rolls towards the end of next month. Although I intend to remain active in the fd.io vpp community as a coder, committer, and resident greybeard, it's time for the community to pick a new PTL.

According to the project governance document,
https://fd.io/docs/tsc/FD.IO-Technical-Community-Document-12-12-2017.pdf:

3.2.3.1 Project Technical Leader Candidates Candidates for the project's PTL will be derived from the Committers of the Project. Candidates must self-nominate.

I'd like to invite any interested vpp project committer to self-nominate for the PTL role. Please email vpp-dev@....

Let's close the self-nomination period in one week: more specifically, by 5pm EDT on Thursday, September 24, 2020; committer vote to follow thereafter.

I'll be glad to answer unicast questions about the PTL role from eligible committers.

Thanks... Dave


Happy Trails to Me...

dave@...
 

Folks,

I’m departing the employment rolls towards the end of next month. Although I
intend to remain active in the fd.io vpp community as a coder, committer,
and resident greybeard, it’s time for the community to pick a new PTL.

According to the project governance document,
https://fd.io/docs/tsc/FD.IO-Technical-Community-Document-12-12-2017.pdf:

3.2.3.1 Project Technical Leader Candidates 
Candidates for the project’s PTL will be derived from the Committers of the
Project. Candidates must self-nominate.

I'd like to invite any interested vpp project committer to self-nominate for
the PTL role. Please email vpp-dev@....

Let's close the self-nomination period in one week: more specifically, by
5pm EDT on Thursday, September 24, 2020; committer vote to follow
thereafter.

I'll be glad to answer unicast questions about the PTL role from eligible
committers.

Thanks... Dave


REMINDER: FD.io Webinar Tomorrow, 9:00 AM PT on High-Performance IPsec

Brandon Wick
 

Details: September 17, 2020 | FD.io’s VPP Smashes the Barrier to Wide Scale Adoption of Inexpensive High-Performance IPsec | Audian Paxson & Neal Hartsell, Netgate; John DiGiglio, Intel; Jerome Tollet, Cisco | 

Description: The perimeter has disappeared. Apps are either born in the cloud, or moving there fast. And here in 2020, we now see massive work from home. Secure communications, specifically using IPsec, are more important than ever. But as connection counts and speeds rise, networking costs become budget busters. Major breakthroughs in software-based packet processing, specifically VPP, have shattered previously limited economics. This webinar sheds light on how VPP does what it does, the remarkable results it achieves, in both performance and price-performance.


[Note: This webinar registration uses the Linux Foundation’s Single Sign On (SSO). Learn more here.] If you have any issues registering, please let us know. 

Best, 

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960


Re: FDIO Gerrit Maintenance - 2019-09-10 @ 1700 UTC

Vanessa Valderrama
 

If you are using an HTTP protocol for Gerrit instead of using your LFID password you will need to request a new token from Gerrit. If you have any issues authenticating, please open a ticket at support.linuxfoundation.org.

Thanks,
Vanessa

On 9/10/20 3:29 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Maintenance is complete. Thank you for your patience. Please open a ticket at support.linuxfoundation.org if you have any issues.

Thank you,
Vanessa

On 9/10/20 3:17 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Again maintenance is taking longer than expected. We should be finished at the top of the hours.

Thank you,

Vanessa

On 9/10/20 1:55 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

We'll need to extend this maintenance window by approximately 30 minutes. I apologize for the inconvenience, we got a later start than planned to allow some existing jobs to finish.

Thank you for your patience.

On 9/10/20 12:11 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Starting maintenance.


On 9/4/20 2:53 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

What:

Linux Foundation will be performing maintenance to migrate to our new SSO service in effort to roll out a more consistent login experience across all Linux Foundation project services.

The login process will use sso.linuxfoundation.org. It will be similar to the JSD login.

There is a FAQ on the transition available at https://identity.linuxfoundation.org/migration-faq
  • Gerrit upgrade to 3.2
  • Gerrit migration to Auth0
When:
Jenkins sandbox - 2019-09-10 @ 1700 UTC

Impact:
Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode during  Gerrit upgrade and migration. Gerrit will be unavailble during the upgrade and restart.


Re: FDIO Gerrit Maintenance - 2019-09-10 @ 1700 UTC

Vanessa Valderrama
 

Maintenance is complete. Thank you for your patience. Please open a ticket at support.linuxfoundation.org if you have any issues.

Thank you,
Vanessa

On 9/10/20 3:17 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Again maintenance is taking longer than expected. We should be finished at the top of the hours.

Thank you,

Vanessa

On 9/10/20 1:55 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

We'll need to extend this maintenance window by approximately 30 minutes. I apologize for the inconvenience, we got a later start than planned to allow some existing jobs to finish.

Thank you for your patience.

On 9/10/20 12:11 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Starting maintenance.


On 9/4/20 2:53 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

What:

Linux Foundation will be performing maintenance to migrate to our new SSO service in effort to roll out a more consistent login experience across all Linux Foundation project services.

The login process will use sso.linuxfoundation.org. It will be similar to the JSD login.

There is a FAQ on the transition available at https://identity.linuxfoundation.org/migration-faq
  • Gerrit upgrade to 3.2
  • Gerrit migration to Auth0
When:
Jenkins sandbox - 2019-09-10 @ 1700 UTC

Impact:
Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode during  Gerrit upgrade and migration. Gerrit will be unavailble during the upgrade and restart.


Re: FDIO Gerrit Maintenance - 2019-09-10 @ 1700 UTC

Vanessa Valderrama
 

Again maintenance is taking longer than expected. We should be finished at the top of the hours.

Thank you,

Vanessa

On 9/10/20 1:55 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

We'll need to extend this maintenance window by approximately 30 minutes. I apologize for the inconvenience, we got a later start than planned to allow some existing jobs to finish.

Thank you for your patience.

On 9/10/20 12:11 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Starting maintenance.


On 9/4/20 2:53 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

What:

Linux Foundation will be performing maintenance to migrate to our new SSO service in effort to roll out a more consistent login experience across all Linux Foundation project services.

The login process will use sso.linuxfoundation.org. It will be similar to the JSD login.

There is a FAQ on the transition available at https://identity.linuxfoundation.org/migration-faq
  • Gerrit upgrade to 3.2
  • Gerrit migration to Auth0
When:
Jenkins sandbox - 2019-09-10 @ 1700 UTC

Impact:
Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode during  Gerrit upgrade and migration. Gerrit will be unavailble during the upgrade and restart.


REMINDER: Register for ONES (Sep 28-30)

Brandon Wick
 

LFN Technical Community:

Open Networking and Ege Summit (ONES) is the flagship event for LF Networking and LF Edge -- all members and community participants are strongly encouraged to attend. This year, ONES is taking place virtually Sep 28-30 and registration is only $50Linux Foundation, LFN, and LF Edge Members are eligible to receive a 20% discount. Please email events@... to request the member discount code or with any questions.

Join thousands of your peers to shape the future of networking and edge computing. See which companies/job titles have already registered to attend and check out the full schedule


FYI, the LFN Virtual Technical Meetings are being held Oct 13-15There is no cost to attend but registration is required. View the event wiki here and register here

Best, 

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960


Re: FDIO Gerrit Maintenance - 2019-09-10 @ 1700 UTC

Vanessa Valderrama
 

We'll need to extend this maintenance window by approximately 30 minutes. I apologize for the inconvenience, we got a later start than planned to allow some existing jobs to finish.

Thank you for your patience.

On 9/10/20 12:11 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Starting maintenance.


On 9/4/20 2:53 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

What:

Linux Foundation will be performing maintenance to migrate to our new SSO service in effort to roll out a more consistent login experience across all Linux Foundation project services.

The login process will use sso.linuxfoundation.org. It will be similar to the JSD login.

There is a FAQ on the transition available at https://identity.linuxfoundation.org/migration-faq
  • Gerrit upgrade to 3.2
  • Gerrit migration to Auth0
When:
Jenkins sandbox - 2019-09-10 @ 1700 UTC

Impact:
Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode during  Gerrit upgrade and migration. Gerrit will be unavailble during the upgrade and restart.


Re: FDIO Gerrit Maintenance - 2019-09-10 @ 1700 UTC

Vanessa Valderrama
 

Starting maintenance.


On 9/4/20 2:53 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

What:

Linux Foundation will be performing maintenance to migrate to our new SSO service in effort to roll out a more consistent login experience across all Linux Foundation project services.

The login process will use sso.linuxfoundation.org. It will be similar to the JSD login.

There is a FAQ on the transition available at https://identity.linuxfoundation.org/migration-faq
  • Gerrit upgrade to 3.2
  • Gerrit migration to Auth0
When:
Jenkins sandbox - 2019-09-10 @ 1700 UTC

Impact:
Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode during  Gerrit upgrade and migration. Gerrit will be unavailble during the upgrade and restart.


Re: [Ticket ID: NGM-878282] Help to change cables of Denverton testbed in LF CSIT lab

Ray Kinsella
 

CC’ed the FD.io TSC.

 

Ray K

 

From: VEXXHOST, Inc. Technical Support <support@...>
Sent: Thursday 10 September 2020 07:54
To: Rudy Grigar (The Linux Foundation - FD.io) <rotterdam-admins@...>
Cc: Pei, Yulong <yulong.pei@...>
Subject: [Ticket ID: NGM-878282] Help to change cables of Denverton testbed in LF CSIT lab

 

 

Help to change cables of Denverton testbed in LF CSIT lab

Hello,

Your ticket has been received and a member of our staff will review it and reply accordingly. Listed below are details of this Ticket. Please make sure the Ticket ID remains in the subject at all times.

Ticket Details

Ticket ID

NGM-878282

Subject

Help to change cables of Denverton testbed in LF CSIT lab

Department

Technical Support

Priority

High

Status

Open

If you are a client of vexxhost, you can check the status of this ticket or reply to this ticket from here. If you are not a client, you will continue to receive replies through email.

Please do let us know if we can assist you any further,
VEXXHOST

 

visit our website | log in to your account | get support
Copyright © VEXXHOST, Inc., All rights reserved.

 


Re: RPM_DPDK Questions

Edward Warnicke
 

+1 :)

Ed

On Sep 8, 2020, at 2:47 PM, Vanessa Valderrama <vvalderrama@...> wrote:

We've received replies from the RPM_DPDK committers. Can we move forward with the vote to archive the project on Thursday?

Thank you,
Vanessa


-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: FW: Fwd: RPM_DPDK Questions
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2020 15:04:20 -0400
From: Billy McFall <bmcfall@...>
To: Thomas F Herbert <therbert@...>
CC: Vanessa Valderrama <vvalderrama@...>, Kinsella, Ray <ray.kinsella@...>, rpm_dpdk@... <rpm_dpdk@...>


Agreed.

Billy

On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 6:08 PM Thomas F Herbert <therbert@...> wrote:

As per the conversation below I agree that

the rpm-dpdk project in fd.io will be terminated and archived.

--Tom


On 9/3/20 5:24 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Thomas/Billy,

Would you mind replying to or sending an email to the mailing list confirming the project archival for tracking purposes.

Thank you,

Vanessa

On 9/3/20 9:04 AM, Billy McFall wrote:
Sorry, email filtered and was in a sub-folder. Didn't mean to ignore.

Agree.

Billy McFall

On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 9:56 AM Kinsella, Ray <ray.kinsella@...> wrote:

Sorry to be a pest.

 

Is Billy able to confirm/agree?

 

Ray K

 

From: Thomas F Herbert <therbert@...>
Sent: Thursday 3 September 2020 14:54
To: Kinsella, Ray <ray.kinsella@...>; Billy McFall <bmcfall@...>; Vanessa Valderrama <vvalderrama@...>
Subject: Re: FW: Fwd: RPM_DPDK Questions

 

Ray,

Yes, the rpm_dpdk project should be terminated.

--Tom

On 9/3/20 9:08 AM, Kinsella, Ray wrote:

Hi Tom,

 

I think Vanessa is waiting to hear back from Billy also to confirm this.

 

Thanks,

 

Ray K

 

From: Vanessa Valderrama <vvalderrama@...>
Sent: Wednesday 2 September 2020 16:42
To: Kinsella, Ray <ray.kinsella@...>
Subject: Fwd: Fwd: RPM_DPDK Questions

 

Ray,

Here is the email sent to Billy. If you are able to get an answer that'd be great.

Thanks,

Vanessa



-------- Forwarded Message --------

Subject:

Fwd: RPM_DPDK Questions

Date:

Wed, 5 Aug 2020 11:53:05 -0500

From:

Vanessa Valderrama <vvalderrama@...>

To:

bmcfall@...

 

Billy,

We are reviewing inactive FD.io projects. Since RPM_DPDK is no longer active, as a committer would you agree the project should be terminated?

Thank you,
Vanessa



-------- Forwarded Message --------

Subject:

Re: RPM_DPDK Questions

Date:

Thu, 30 Jan 2020 13:43:11 -0500

From:

Thomas F Herbert <therbert@...>

To:

Vanessa Valderrama <vvalderrama@...>, bmcfall@...

 

Vanessa,

I was the PTL. However, the project is no longer active. I would recommend engaging the formal fd.io process to terminate that project unless someone else plans to become PTL and become active in the project.

--Tom

 

On 1/30/20 1:24 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Is the RPM_DPDK project still using Gerrit and Jenkins? Is there a PTL
for the project?
 
Thank you,
Vanessa
 

--
Thomas F Herbert
NFV and Fast Data Planes
Networking Group Office of the CTO
Red Hat

--
Thomas F Herbert
CTO Office
Networking Group
Red Hat
he/him/his



--
Billy McFall 
Networking Group 
CTO Office
Red Hat
--
Thomas F Herbert
CTO Office
Networking Group
Red Hat
he/him/his


--
Billy McFall 
Networking Group 
CTO Office
Red Hat



FW: Fwd: RPM_DPDK Questions

Vanessa Valderrama
 

We've received replies from the RPM_DPDK committers. Can we move forward with the vote to archive the project on Thursday?

Thank you,
Vanessa


-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: FW: Fwd: RPM_DPDK Questions
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2020 15:04:20 -0400
From: Billy McFall <bmcfall@...>
To: Thomas F Herbert <therbert@...>
CC: Vanessa Valderrama <vvalderrama@...>, Kinsella, Ray <ray.kinsella@...>, rpm_dpdk@... <rpm_dpdk@...>


Agreed.

Billy

On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 6:08 PM Thomas F Herbert <therbert@...> wrote:

As per the conversation below I agree that

the rpm-dpdk project in fd.io will be terminated and archived.

--Tom


On 9/3/20 5:24 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Thomas/Billy,

Would you mind replying to or sending an email to the mailing list confirming the project archival for tracking purposes.

Thank you,

Vanessa

On 9/3/20 9:04 AM, Billy McFall wrote:
Sorry, email filtered and was in a sub-folder. Didn't mean to ignore.

Agree.

Billy McFall

On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 9:56 AM Kinsella, Ray <ray.kinsella@...> wrote:

Sorry to be a pest.

 

Is Billy able to confirm/agree?

 

Ray K

 

From: Thomas F Herbert <therbert@...>
Sent: Thursday 3 September 2020 14:54
To: Kinsella, Ray <ray.kinsella@...>; Billy McFall <bmcfall@...>; Vanessa Valderrama <vvalderrama@...>
Subject: Re: FW: Fwd: RPM_DPDK Questions

 

Ray,

Yes, the rpm_dpdk project should be terminated.

--Tom

On 9/3/20 9:08 AM, Kinsella, Ray wrote:

Hi Tom,

 

I think Vanessa is waiting to hear back from Billy also to confirm this.

 

Thanks,

 

Ray K

 

From: Vanessa Valderrama <vvalderrama@...>
Sent: Wednesday 2 September 2020 16:42
To: Kinsella, Ray <ray.kinsella@...>
Subject: Fwd: Fwd: RPM_DPDK Questions

 

Ray,

Here is the email sent to Billy. If you are able to get an answer that'd be great.

Thanks,

Vanessa



-------- Forwarded Message --------

Subject:

Fwd: RPM_DPDK Questions

Date:

Wed, 5 Aug 2020 11:53:05 -0500

From:

Vanessa Valderrama <vvalderrama@...>

To:

bmcfall@...

 

Billy,

We are reviewing inactive FD.io projects. Since RPM_DPDK is no longer active, as a committer would you agree the project should be terminated?

Thank you,
Vanessa



-------- Forwarded Message --------

Subject:

Re: RPM_DPDK Questions

Date:

Thu, 30 Jan 2020 13:43:11 -0500

From:

Thomas F Herbert <therbert@...>

To:

Vanessa Valderrama <vvalderrama@...>, bmcfall@...

 

Vanessa,

I was the PTL. However, the project is no longer active. I would recommend engaging the formal fd.io process to terminate that project unless someone else plans to become PTL and become active in the project.

--Tom

 

On 1/30/20 1:24 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Is the RPM_DPDK project still using Gerrit and Jenkins? Is there a PTL
for the project?
 
Thank you,
Vanessa
 

--
Thomas F Herbert
NFV and Fast Data Planes
Networking Group Office of the CTO
Red Hat

--
Thomas F Herbert
CTO Office
Networking Group
Red Hat
he/him/his



--
Billy McFall 
Networking Group 
CTO Office
Red Hat
--
Thomas F Herbert
CTO Office
Networking Group
Red Hat
he/him/his


--
Billy McFall 
Networking Group 
CTO Office
Red Hat


Emergency Maintenance

Vanessa Valderrama
 

We are aware of latency issues on jenkins.fd.io. Jenkins requires a
restart to resolve this issue.

Thank you,
Vanessa


FDIO Gerrit Maintenance - 2019-09-10 @ 1700 UTC

Vanessa Valderrama
 

What:

Linux Foundation will be performing maintenance to migrate to our new SSO service in effort to roll out a more consistent login experience across all Linux Foundation project services.

The login process will use sso.linuxfoundation.org. It will be similar to the JSD login.

There is a FAQ on the transition available at https://identity.linuxfoundation.org/migration-faq
  • Gerrit upgrade to 3.2
  • Gerrit migration to Auth0
When:
Jenkins sandbox - 2019-09-10 @ 1700 UTC

Impact:
Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode during  Gerrit upgrade and migration. Gerrit will be unavailble during the upgrade and restart.


REMINDER: ONAP Consumption Models Webinar on Wednesday

Brandon Wick
 

Details: Wednesday, September 2, 2020, 7:00 AM PT | CSPs Explore ONAP Consumption Models | Lei Huang, China Mobile Research Institute; Javier Ger, Telecom Argentina

Description: The End User Advisory Group (EUAG) was created by LF Networking (LFN) to share views, challenges, and best practices between user organizations; highlighting new areas of opportunity for the developer community. As the voice of the end user, the EUAG supports the vision of ONAP and its adoption in the industry as well as contributes use cases and requirements to the project that deliver maximum value to the industry as a whole. The EUAG’s ONAP working group recently produced a survey and whitepaper, sharing views on the most important considerations, opportunities, and impediments towards a seamless end user adoption of ONAP. This webinar will cover the key considerations for consumption aspects of ONAP—what are the challenges, key concerns, models and references—as well as the opportunities for CSPs looking at projects like ONAP.


Best, 

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960


Announcement: Changes to LF account logins

Andrew Grimberg
 

Greetings folks,

Please see the following about changes coming to LF accounts.

*******
On August 26 we will be making some cosmetic changes to the Linux
Foundation ID login page.  Following improvements are included in the
update:
* New SSO layout for Login, Create Account and Forgot Password
* Project-based Branding for Confluence, Jira, Jenkins, Wikis and
JoinNow app
* App-based Branding for Cvent, Zoom Webinars, Security, CLA, Individual
Profile, Funding, Insights, and People
* UX improvements for Phone and iPad/Tablets 

Detailed LF SSO login information can be found here: 
 https://docs.linuxfoundation.org/docs/sso

If you have not yet created a Linux Foundation ID login, we would
encourage you to do so at myprofile.linuxfoundation.org

******

--
Andrew J Grimberg
Manager Release Engineering
The Linux Foundation