Date   

Proxy for today's TSC meeting: Florin Coras

Dave Barach
 

Folks,

 

I have an unavoidable conflict for today’s TSC meeting. Florin Coras has my proxy in case there’s a vote.

 

Thanks... Dave


GPL/Scapy issue

Ray Kinsella
 

Hi folks,

 

Would it be possible to cover the GPL/Scapy up front on today’s call?

It has been pushed a number of times recently, and unfortunately today I need to drop early.

 

Would be good to close the issue, right?

 

Ray K

 


Re: UDPI 20.01 Released

Ni, Hongjun
 

Hi Trishan,

 

Here are some paragraphs about UDPI and possible use cases, and architecture diagram.

Please help to review it. Any comments are welcome. Thanks a lot.

 

The UDPI (Universal Deep Packet Inspection) project is a reference framework to build a high performance solution for Deep Packet Inspection, integrated with the general purpose FD.io VPP stack. It leverages industry regex matching library to provide a rich set of features, which can be used in IPS/IDS, Web Firewall and similar applications. It also can be integrated into 5G, Edge, and Cloud Networking for application based services. The initial code contributions are from Intel and Travelping. Please refer to https://wiki.fd.io/view/UDPI

So far, there are 17 organizations joined and 20 committers, including Intel, ZTE, China Telecom, HuachenTel, Inspur, Yxlink, Sunyainfo, Tencent, China Unicom, Huawei, QingCloud, Netgate, Alibaba, 360, Trend Micro, Nokia, HAOHAN Data.

 

The architecture diagram:

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: tsc@... <tsc@...> On Behalf Of Trishan de Lanerolle
Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2020 1:55 PM
To: Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>
Cc: Edward Warnicke <hagbard@...>; udpi-dev@...; Vanessa Valderrama <vvalderrama@...>; Vratko Polak -X (vrpolak - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco) <vrpolak@...>; tsc@...; Li, Jokul <jokul.li@...>; Liu, Yu Y <yu.y.liu@...>; Li, Baoqian <baoqian.li@...>; Jill Lovato <jlovato@...>
Subject: Re: [tsc] UDPI 20.01 Released

 

Hi Hongjun,

 

As this is the first release perhaps we can add a couple paragraphs about what UDPI is and how it's might be used (use case). May be an architecture diagram. 

 

Thanks,

Trishan

 

 

On Thu, Feb 27, 2020, 12:24 AM Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...> wrote:

Hi Ed,

 

We summarized a release report as attached.

 

So far, there are 17 organizations joined and 20 initial committers.

 

Below are Release Notes 2001:

  • Flow Classification

     - HW flow offloading leveraging rte_flow on DPDK

     - SW flow classification

     - Supports both IPv4 and IPv6 flows

  • TCP Segment Reassembly

     - TCP connection tracking

     - TCP segment re-ordering

     - TCP segment overlap handling

  • Application Database

     - Default static Application Database

  • Application Detection

     - Leverage Hyperscan Stream Mode

     - Reassembly of TCP segments on the fly

  • Supported Protocols:

     - TLS/HTTPS

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: tsc@... <tsc@...> On Behalf Of Edward Warnicke
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2020 11:02 PM
To: Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>
Cc: udpi-dev@...; Vanessa Valderrama <vvalderrama@...>; Vratko Polak -X (vrpolak - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco) <vrpolak@...>; tsc@...; Li, Jokul <jokul.li@...>; Liu, Yu Y <yu.y.liu@...>; Li, Baoqian <baoqian.li@...>
Subject: Re: [tsc] UDPI 20.01 Released

 

Excellent!  Do you guys have anything about the release you might want to produce a blog about?

 

Ed

 

On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 8:54 PM Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...> wrote:

Hey all,

 

The UDPI 20.01 Release is out !

Please refer to RELEASE.md within the source code for release notes.

 

Packages can be downloaded from Package Cloud:

https://packagecloud.io/fdio/2001

 

This is the first release for UDPI Project.

Many thanks to all contributors and members for your great contribution and help!

Especially Thanks Vanessa, Vratko Polak, Drenfong Wang for fixing so many release related issues.

 

Sorry for the delayed release, since we have met many unexpected circumstance.

 

Thanks a lot,

Hongjun

 

 


Re: UDPI 20.01 Released

Trishan de Lanerolle
 

Hi Hongjun,

As this is the first release perhaps we can add a couple paragraphs about what UDPI is and how it's might be used (use case). May be an architecture diagram. 

Thanks,
Trishan


On Thu, Feb 27, 2020, 12:24 AM Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...> wrote:

Hi Ed,

 

We summarized a release report as attached.

 

So far, there are 17 organizations joined and 20 initial committers.

 

Below are Release Notes 2001:

  • Flow Classification

     - HW flow offloading leveraging rte_flow on DPDK

     - SW flow classification

     - Supports both IPv4 and IPv6 flows

  • TCP Segment Reassembly

     - TCP connection tracking

     - TCP segment re-ordering

     - TCP segment overlap handling

  • Application Database

     - Default static Application Database

  • Application Detection

     - Leverage Hyperscan Stream Mode

     - Reassembly of TCP segments on the fly

  • Supported Protocols:

     - TLS/HTTPS

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: tsc@... <tsc@...> On Behalf Of Edward Warnicke
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2020 11:02 PM
To: Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>
Cc: udpi-dev@...; Vanessa Valderrama <vvalderrama@...>; Vratko Polak -X (vrpolak - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco) <vrpolak@...>; tsc@...; Li, Jokul <jokul.li@...>; Liu, Yu Y <yu.y.liu@...>; Li, Baoqian <baoqian.li@...>
Subject: Re: [tsc] UDPI 20.01 Released

 

Excellent!  Do you guys have anything about the release you might want to produce a blog about?

 

Ed

 

On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 8:54 PM Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...> wrote:

Hey all,

 

The UDPI 20.01 Release is out !

Please refer to RELEASE.md within the source code for release notes.

 

Packages can be downloaded from Package Cloud:

https://packagecloud.io/fdio/2001

 

This is the first release for UDPI Project.

Many thanks to all contributors and members for your great contribution and help!

Especially Thanks Vanessa, Vratko Polak, Drenfong Wang for fixing so many release related issues.

 

Sorry for the delayed release, since we have met many unexpected circumstance.

 

Thanks a lot,

Hongjun

 



Re: UDPI 20.01 Released

Ni, Hongjun
 

Hi Ed,

 

We summarized a release report as attached.

 

So far, there are 17 organizations joined and 20 initial committers.

 

Below are Release Notes 2001:

  • Flow Classification

     - HW flow offloading leveraging rte_flow on DPDK

     - SW flow classification

     - Supports both IPv4 and IPv6 flows

  • TCP Segment Reassembly

     - TCP connection tracking

     - TCP segment re-ordering

     - TCP segment overlap handling

  • Application Database

     - Default static Application Database

  • Application Detection

     - Leverage Hyperscan Stream Mode

     - Reassembly of TCP segments on the fly

  • Supported Protocols:

     - TLS/HTTPS

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: tsc@... <tsc@...> On Behalf Of Edward Warnicke
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2020 11:02 PM
To: Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>
Cc: udpi-dev@...; Vanessa Valderrama <vvalderrama@...>; Vratko Polak -X (vrpolak - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco) <vrpolak@...>; tsc@...; Li, Jokul <jokul.li@...>; Liu, Yu Y <yu.y.liu@...>; Li, Baoqian <baoqian.li@...>
Subject: Re: [tsc] UDPI 20.01 Released

 

Excellent!  Do you guys have anything about the release you might want to produce a blog about?

 

Ed

 

On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 8:54 PM Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...> wrote:

Hey all,

 

The UDPI 20.01 Release is out !

Please refer to RELEASE.md within the source code for release notes.

 

Packages can be downloaded from Package Cloud:

https://packagecloud.io/fdio/2001

 

This is the first release for UDPI Project.

Many thanks to all contributors and members for your great contribution and help!

Especially Thanks Vanessa, Vratko Polak, Drenfong Wang for fixing so many release related issues.

 

Sorry for the delayed release, since we have met many unexpected circumstance.

 

Thanks a lot,

Hongjun

 


Re: UDPI 20.01 Released

Edward Warnicke
 

Excellent!  Do you guys have anything about the release you might want to produce a blog about?

Ed

On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 8:54 PM Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...> wrote:

Hey all,

 

The UDPI 20.01 Release is out !

Please refer to RELEASE.md within the source code for release notes.

 

Packages can be downloaded from Package Cloud:

https://packagecloud.io/fdio/2001

 

This is the first release for UDPI Project.

Many thanks to all contributors and members for your great contribution and help!

Especially Thanks Vanessa, Vratko Polak, Drenfong Wang for fixing so many release related issues.

 

Sorry for the delayed release, since we have met many unexpected circumstance.

 

Thanks a lot,

Hongjun



UDPI 20.01 Released

Ni, Hongjun
 

Hey all,

 

The UDPI 20.01 Release is out !

Please refer to RELEASE.md within the source code for release notes.

 

Packages can be downloaded from Package Cloud:

https://packagecloud.io/fdio/2001

 

This is the first release for UDPI Project.

Many thanks to all contributors and members for your great contribution and help!

Especially Thanks Vanessa, Vratko Polak, Drenfong Wang for fixing so many release related issues.

 

Sorry for the delayed release, since we have met many unexpected circumstance.

 

Thanks a lot,

Hongjun


FINAL REMINDER: ONES LFN/LFE Booth Demo Ideas Due Feb 26

Brandon Wick
 

LFN Community:

We hope that you are planning to attend the Open Networking & Edge Summit North America, April 20-21, in Los Angeles, California. Those in attendance at the last four ONS events will recall that we hosted an LF Networking Booth that showcased many community-driven demos from the LFN technical project communities. Our goal is to showcase compelling uses of LFN Networking & LF Edge project technology to solve real world industry challenges. See this blog post from ONS Europe last fall to get a sense for what types of demos have been shown in the LF Networking Booth.

In 2020, the Open Networking & Edge Summit is expanding to comprehensively cover Edge Computing, Edge Cloud, and IoT. Accordingly, the community demo zone is expanding to consider demo proposals from the LF Edge project community as well. Another change for this year is that demo managers and co-presenters need to be from LF Networking or LF Edge member companies. Submissions that include vendor companies also require that the vendors be sponsors of the Open Networking & Edge Summit event. Note: There are many event sponsorship options available at all price levels including a sponsorship option for the LFN/LFE Pavilion demos specifically. Please see the event prospectus to review the options and let me know if you have any questions.

The call for demo ideas for the Open Networking & Edge Summit North America is now open. 

Demos to be shown in the LFN/LFE booth will be chosen by LFN & LF Edge Project leadership using the following criteria:
  • Demos must include technology from at least one of the LF Networking or LF Edge projects (e.g. ONAP, OPNFV, Akraino, EdgeX Foundry)
    • Special consideration will be given to submissions that:
    • Showcase cross-project collaboration and integration
    • Map to a specific industry use case
    • Include participation and endorsement from a service provider organization
    • Show project diversity (e.g. projects not covered in other submissions)
The final number of demo stations is still TBD. Demos stations will again have a backdrop, signage, counter/table, chair(s) monitor, power, and Wi-Fi internet. Note: Apart from the event sponsorship requirement, there is no cost to host a standard demo in the LFN booth although additional power, internet, space, etc. may incur a cost.

Here are the key dates to keep in mind:
  • Feb 5: Demo idea solicitation email sent to community lists
  • Feb 26: Demo ideas submissions due at 11:59 PM PT
  • March 4: Demos ideas reviewed, chosen, and notifications sent
  • April 21-22: Demos shown at ONES North America
Demo manager responsibilities include:
  • Creating the demo concept and actual demo to be shown
  • Responding promptly to requests for information
  • Meeting all demo preparation deadlines
  • Setting up and testing the demo pre-show and taking down post-show
  • Staffing the demo during ONS expo hours (along with other designated team members to help share the load)
  • Being willing to participate in media activities, e.g. photos, videos
To submit your demo idea for consideration, please collect and provide the following information:
  • Demo title (10 words max)
  • Brief demo description (200 words max)
  • List of demo manager(s) with contact information 
  • List of open source projects involved
  • List of companies involved
  • Any extra requirements or special considerations
Submit your demo ideas by Feb 26th by filling in the Google Form here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfwjEfCcWUKMfiK404Uu51Zl70-8lqcRFCKKQ5vW3eeLOGAfw/viewform. If you cannot access the form, email bwick@... and I will send you the form over email.

Please let me know if you have any questions and we look forward to seeing your submissions!

Best, 

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960


Re: [vpp-dev] RFC: FD.io Summit (Userspace), September, Bordeaux France

Luca Muscariello
 

A few people from the hicn/cicn projects may be able to attend in Bordeaux.

Luca

On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 7:48 PM Honnappa Nagarahalli <honnappa.nagarahalli@...> wrote:
<snip>

>
> Hi folks,
>
> A 2020 FD.io event is something that has been discussed a number of times
> recently at the FD.io TSC.
> With the possibility of co-locating such an event with DPDK Userspace, in
> Bordeaux, in September.
>
> Clearly, we are incredibly eager to make sure that such an event would be a
> success.
> That FD.io users and contributors would attend, and get value out of the
> event.
> (it is a ton of work for those involved - we want people to benefit)
>
> The likelihood is that this would be the only FD.io event of this kind in 2020.
>
> So instead of speculating, it is better to ask a direct question to the
> community and ask for honest feedback.
> How does the community feel about such an event at DPDK Userspace:-
>
> * Do they value co-locating with DPDK Userspace?
> * Are they likely to attend?
IMO, this is valuable and would definitely be helpful to solve problems across the aisle
I would attend.

>
> Thanks,
>
> Ray K
> FD.io TSC



Re: [vpp-dev] RFC: FD.io Summit (Userspace), September, Bordeaux France

Christian Hopps <chopps@...>
 

I'd be interested in attending this as long as it were in North America or Europe. It seems DPDK hasn't actually announced anything for 2020 publicly at least.

Thanks,
Chris.

On Feb 21, 2020, at 8:52 AM, Ray Kinsella <mdr@...> wrote:

Hi folks,

A 2020 FD.io event is something that has been discussed a number of times recently at the FD.io TSC.
With the possibility of co-locating such an event with DPDK Userspace, in Bordeaux, in September.

Clearly, we are incredibly eager to make sure that such an event would be a success.
That FD.io users and contributors would attend, and get value out of the event.
(it is a ton of work for those involved - we want people to benefit)

The likelihood is that this would be the only FD.io event of this kind in 2020.

So instead of speculating, it is better to ask a direct question to the community and ask for honest feedback.
How does the community feel about such an event at DPDK Userspace:-

* Do they value co-locating with DPDK Userspace?
* Are they likely to attend?

Thanks,

Ray K
FD.io TSC


RFC: FD.io Summit (Userspace), September, Bordeaux France

Ray Kinsella <mdr@...>
 

Hi folks,

A 2020 FD.io event is something that has been discussed a number of times recently at the FD.io TSC.
With the possibility of co-locating such an event with DPDK Userspace, in Bordeaux, in September.

Clearly, we are incredibly eager to make sure that such an event would be a success.
That FD.io users and contributors would attend, and get value out of the event.
(it is a ton of work for those involved - we want people to benefit)

The likelihood is that this would be the only FD.io event of this kind in 2020.

So instead of speculating, it is better to ask a direct question to the community and ask for honest feedback.
How does the community feel about such an event at DPDK Userspace:-

* Do they value co-locating with DPDK Userspace?
* Are they likely to attend?

Thanks,

Ray K
FD.io TSC


Re: [csit-dev] FDIO Maintenance - 2020-02-20 1900 UTC to 2400 UTC

Nana Adjei <nadjei@...>
 

Hello,

Sorry for the mix up . I believe that was for slot 9.
I will proceed to site for the replacement.


Best Regards,

LogoLogo

Nana Adjei
T: 514-360-1131
E: nadjei@... | www.vexxhost.com
6500 Trans-Canada Highway, 4th Floor, Pointe-Claire, QC, H9R 0A5, Canada
Facebook icon LinkedIn icon Twitter icon Google Plus icon Youtbue icon Instagram icon



On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 1:04 PM Vanessa Valderrama <vvalderrama@...> wrote:

Jenkins is being placed into shutdown mode now. Maintaince will start at 1900 UTC. Please let us know if there are any running jobs that cannot be terminated.

Thank you,
Vanessa



On 2/20/20 9:47 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Reminder: Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1800 UTC

On 2/19/20 9:44 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:
What: Standard updates and upgrade
  • Jenkins
    • OS and security updates
    • Upgrade
    • Plugin updates
  • Nexus
    • OS updates
  • Jira
    • OS updates
  • Gerrit
    • OS updates
  • Sonar
    • OS updates
  • OpenGrok
    • OS updates
When:  2020-02-20 1900 UTC to 2400 UTC

Impact:

Maintenance will require a reboot of each FD.io system. Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1800 UTC. Please let us know if specific jobs cannot be aborted.
The following systems will be unavailable during the maintenance window:
  •     Jenkins sandbox
  •     Jenkins production
  •     Nexus
  •     Jira
  •     Gerrit
  •     Sonar
  •     OpenGrok



Kernel bug affecting fd.io vpp on certain hardware: linux-4.15.0-88-generic (Ubuntu 18.04 LTS)

Dave Barach
 

See https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=206133. Doesn’t happen on all hardware. Also reported on series 5 Linux kernels.

 

FWIW... Dave

 

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.487195] general protection fault: 0000 [#1] SMP NOPTI

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.492600] Modules linked in: uio_pci_generic uio intel_rapl x86_pkg_temp_thermal intel_powerc\

lamp coretemp kvm_intel kvm irqbypass intel_cstate intel_rapl_perf mac_hid tpm_infineon shpchp sch_fq_codel ib_iser rdma_cm iw_c\

m ib_cm ib_core iscsi_tcp libiscsi_tcp libiscsi scsi_transport_iscsi ip_tables x_tables autofs4 btrfs zstd_compress raid10 raid4\

56 async_raid6_recov async_memcpy async_pq async_xor async_tx xor raid6_pq libcrc32c raid1 raid0 multipath linear crct10dif_pclm\

ul crc32_pclmul ghash_clmulni_intel pcbc aesni_intel ixgbe igb aes_x86_64 crypto_simd ahci glue_helper i2c_algo_bit dca cryptd p\

tp mdio libahci i2c_ismt pps_core

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.548572] CPU: 1 PID: 1801 Comm: vpp Not tainted 4.15.0-88-generic #88-Ubuntu

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.555882] Hardware name: Default string Default string/Default string, BIOS 5.13 01/04/2018

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.564408] RIP: 0010:remove_files.isra.1+0x24/0x70

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.569289] RSP: 0018:ffffa179c1b4fc00 EFLAGS: 00010206

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.574514] RAX: 7b728bc142638d2b RBX: ffff95ce6d3d78c0 RCX: 0000000000000000

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.581648] RDX: ffff95ce6d3e1488 RSI: ffff95ce6d3d78c0 RDI: ffff95ce60984000

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.588780] RBP: ffffa179c1b4fc18 R08: 0000000000000000 R09: ffff95ce609841b0

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.595912] R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000000 R12: ffff95ce60984000

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.603047] R13: ffff95ce6d3e1488 R14: 0000000000000000 R15: 0000000000000060

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.610179] FS:  00007ffff7fdb7c0(0000) GS:ffff95ce7fc40000(0000) knlGS:0000000000000000

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.618267] CS:  0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.624011] CR2: 0000555555991000 CR3: 00000004669ca000 CR4: 00000000003406e0

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.631143] Call Trace:

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.633600]  sysfs_remove_group+0x44/0x90

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.637617]  sysfs_remove_groups+0x2e/0x50

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.641717]  device_remove_attrs+0x47/0x80

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.645815]  device_del+0x161/0x3b0

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.649308]  cdev_device_del+0x1a/0x40

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.653062]  posix_clock_unregister+0x26/0x50

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.657422]  ptp_clock_unregister+0x72/0x80 [ptp]

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.662134]  igb_ptp_stop+0x23/0x50 [igb]

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.666152]  igb_remove+0x4b/0x170 [igb]

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.670085]  pci_device_remove+0x3e/0xb0

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.674008]  device_release_driver_internal+0x13a/0x220

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.679233]  device_release_driver+0x12/0x20

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.683507]  unbind_store+0x87/0x150

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.687087]  drv_attr_store+0x27/0x40

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.690751]  sysfs_kf_write+0x3c/0x50

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.694418]  kernfs_fop_write+0x125/0x1a0

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.698430]  __vfs_write+0x1b/0x40

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.701835]  vfs_write+0xb1/0x1a0

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.705157]  SyS_write+0x5c/0xe0

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.708391]  do_syscall_64+0x73/0x130

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.712057]  entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x3d/0xa2

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.717106] RIP: 0033:0x7ffff6738281

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.720686] RSP: 002b:00007fffb5a279c8 EFLAGS: 00003246 ORIG_RAX: 0000000000000001

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.728253] RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 00007fffb66b5670 RCX: 00007ffff6738281

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.735385] RDX: 000000000000000c RSI: 00007fffb66b5670 RDI: 000000000000000b

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.742517] RBP: 000000000000000b R08: 0000000000000010 R09: 0000000000000078

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.749649] R10: 000000000000000e R11: 0000000000003246 R12: 00007fffb66b3e20

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.756783] R13: 0000555555990a63 R14: 00007fffb66b3e20 R15: 00007fffb5a27b20

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.763917] Code: 1f 84 00 00 00 00 00 0f 1f 44 00 00 55 48 85 f6 48 89 e5 41 55 41 54 49 89 d5\

53 49 89 fc 74 24 48 8b 06 48 89 f3 48 85 c0 74 19 <48> 8b 30 31 d2 48 83 c3 08 4c 89 e7 e8 bb d4 ff ff 48 8b 03 48

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.782776] RIP: remove_files.isra.1+0x24/0x70 RSP: ffffa179c1b4fc00

Feb 20 11:27:42 vppg2 kernel: [ 1386.789163] ---[ end trace d5bfb19fdf227b22 ]---

 

 


Re: FDIO Maintenance - 2020-02-20 1900 UTC to 2400 UTC

Vanessa Valderrama
 

Maintenance is complete. Jenkins has been taken out of shutdown mode. Jobs are starting up. If you experience any issues, please open a ticket at support.linuxfoundation.org

Thank you,
Anton & Vanessa


On 2/20/20 1:00 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Starting maintenance now.

On 2/20/20 12:04 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Jenkins is being placed into shutdown mode now. Maintaince will start at 1900 UTC. Please let us know if there are any running jobs that cannot be terminated.

Thank you,
Vanessa



On 2/20/20 9:47 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Reminder: Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1800 UTC

On 2/19/20 9:44 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:
What: Standard updates and upgrade
  • Jenkins
    • OS and security updates
    • Upgrade
    • Plugin updates
  • Nexus
    • OS updates
  • Jira
    • OS updates
  • Gerrit
    • OS updates
  • Sonar
    • OS updates
  • OpenGrok
    • OS updates
When:  2020-02-20 1900 UTC to 2400 UTC

Impact:

Maintenance will require a reboot of each FD.io system. Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1800 UTC. Please let us know if specific jobs cannot be aborted.
The following systems will be unavailable during the maintenance window:
  •     Jenkins sandbox
  •     Jenkins production
  •     Nexus
  •     Jira
  •     Gerrit
  •     Sonar
  •     OpenGrok


Re: FDIO Maintenance - 2020-02-20 1900 UTC to 2400 UTC

Vanessa Valderrama
 

Starting maintenance now.

On 2/20/20 12:04 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Jenkins is being placed into shutdown mode now. Maintaince will start at 1900 UTC. Please let us know if there are any running jobs that cannot be terminated.

Thank you,
Vanessa



On 2/20/20 9:47 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Reminder: Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1800 UTC

On 2/19/20 9:44 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:
What: Standard updates and upgrade
  • Jenkins
    • OS and security updates
    • Upgrade
    • Plugin updates
  • Nexus
    • OS updates
  • Jira
    • OS updates
  • Gerrit
    • OS updates
  • Sonar
    • OS updates
  • OpenGrok
    • OS updates
When:  2020-02-20 1900 UTC to 2400 UTC

Impact:

Maintenance will require a reboot of each FD.io system. Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1800 UTC. Please let us know if specific jobs cannot be aborted.
The following systems will be unavailable during the maintenance window:
  •     Jenkins sandbox
  •     Jenkins production
  •     Nexus
  •     Jira
  •     Gerrit
  •     Sonar
  •     OpenGrok


Re: FDIO Maintenance - 2020-02-20 1900 UTC to 2400 UTC

Vanessa Valderrama
 

Jenkins is being placed into shutdown mode now. Maintaince will start at 1900 UTC. Please let us know if there are any running jobs that cannot be terminated.

Thank you,
Vanessa



On 2/20/20 9:47 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Reminder: Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1800 UTC

On 2/19/20 9:44 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:
What: Standard updates and upgrade
  • Jenkins
    • OS and security updates
    • Upgrade
    • Plugin updates
  • Nexus
    • OS updates
  • Jira
    • OS updates
  • Gerrit
    • OS updates
  • Sonar
    • OS updates
  • OpenGrok
    • OS updates
When:  2020-02-20 1900 UTC to 2400 UTC

Impact:

Maintenance will require a reboot of each FD.io system. Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1800 UTC. Please let us know if specific jobs cannot be aborted.
The following systems will be unavailable during the maintenance window:
  •     Jenkins sandbox
  •     Jenkins production
  •     Nexus
  •     Jira
  •     Gerrit
  •     Sonar
  •     OpenGrok


Test

Vanessa Valderrama
 

Testing list


Re: Removal of FD.io deb_dpdk resources

Edward Warnicke
 

Thank you both for your patience :)

The TSC voted today to archive the deb_dpdk project at FD.io:


Ed

On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 11:08 AM Edward Warnicke via Lists.Fd.Io <hagbard=gmail.com@...> wrote:
Luca, Christian,

Just as an update.  We discovered looking at the governance docs that the termination review doc needs to be out for two weeks for community review before we can vote on it.
I anticipate we will on Feb 6.  Thank you for all of your collaboration on this :)

Ed

On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 8:34 AM Luca Boccassi <bluca@...> wrote:
Hello Ed,

I'm happy with the document, and I have no preference for archival.

Thank you!

On Wed, 2020-01-22 at 19:42 -0600, Ed Warnicke wrote:
> Luca, Christian,
>
> I have prepared the Termination Review document for consideration at
> tomorrow's TSC meeting:
>
> https://wiki.fd.io/view/Deb_dpdk/Termination_Review
>
> If you could:
>
> a)  Indicate any preference you may have for where it is archived
> b)  Review and indicate here that you are cool with how it is
> presented in that document
>
> it would be most helpful to us :)
>
> Ed
>
>
> On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 10:15 AM Edward Warnicke via Lists.Fd.Io <
> hagbard=gmail.com@...> wrote:
> > We'll take it up at the TSC on Thu and get it done.  Thank you for
> > all you've done!
> >
> > Ed
> >
> >
> > On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 10:04 AM Luca Boccassi <bluca@...>
> > wrote:
> > > On Fri, 2020-01-10 at 09:18 +0100, Christian Ehrhardt wrote:
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > On Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 6:20 PM Ed Warnicke (eaw) <eaw@...
> > > >
> > > > wrote:
> > > > > Christian,
> > > > > Thank you for reaching out.  We’ve enjoyed having you as part
> > > of
> > > > > our community, and appreciate the work you all do.
> > > > > Fd.io does not require you to use the Gerri and other
> > > resources we
> > > > > provide.  You are welcome to remain a fd.io project and not
> > > use
> > > > > them if you so choose.
> > > > > You are also welcome to elect to move on from being a
> > > > > fd.io project.  Those decisions are entirely in the hands of
> > > your
> > > > > project committers :)
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > It would be helpful to us to know which of those choices you
> > > elect,
> > > > > so that we may proceed in a clear and orderly way :)
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > 
> > > > While there is no bad history at all with the deb_dpdk FD.io
> > > project.
> > > > But I'd think that for clarity's sake and cleaning up I'd want
> > > to
> > > > remove the deb_dpdk FD.io project.
> > > >
> > > > @Luca - you are the only other project committers still active,
> > > are
> > > > you of the same opinion?
> > > > If yes, I think Ed can go on and trigger the full removal.
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Yes it's fine for me, having multiple "sources" is confusing for
> > > end
> > > users. Thanks for all the help!
> > >
> > > > > Ed
> > > > >
> > > > > > On Jan 9, 2020, at 9:52 AM, Christian Ehrhardt <
> > > > > > christian.ehrhardt@...> wrote:
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Hi FD.io,
> > > > > > The deb_dpdk project is thankful for the home and help that
> > > we
> > > > > > got in our early years.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > We used to use the project:
> > > > > > - https://wiki.fd.io/view/Deb_dpdk
> > > > > >
> > > > > > And along that resources for
> > > > > > - Gerrit https://gerrit.fd.io/r/gitweb?p=deb_dpdk.git
> > > > > > - I also saw a mirror on https://github.com/FDio/deb_dpdk
> > > > > > - CI
> > > > > >
> > > https://gerrit.fd.io/r/gitweb?p=ci-management.git;a=tree;f=jjb/deb_dpdk;h=efcd3beab9f199566ddd1c6e460600fc1f230d64;hb=HEAD
> > > > > >
> > > > > > But we have to admit that times have changed and these days
> > > we
> > > > > > are really at home at
> > > > > > - https://salsa.debian.org/debian/dpdk
> > > > > > - https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dpdk
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Therefore I wanted to let you know that you could free up
> > > the
> > > > > > resources.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > We can even discontinue the subproject itself if you let me
> > > know
> > > > > > which process I need to trigger - as an alternative I could
> > > also
> > > > > > just update the deb_dpdk wiki page to point to the new
> > > places.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Keeping the git/gerrit is probably cheap and worth for
> > > history if
> > > > > > you like, but that is entirely up to you.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > --
> > > > > > Christian Ehrhardt
> > > > > > Staff Engineer, Ubuntu Server
> > > > > > Canonical Ltd
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
>
>
--
Kind regards,
Luca Boccassi


Re: FDIO Maintenance - 2020-02-20 1900 UTC to 2400 UTC

Vanessa Valderrama
 

Reminder: Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1800 UTC

On 2/19/20 9:44 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:
What: Standard updates and upgrade
  • Jenkins
    • OS and security updates
    • Upgrade
    • Plugin updates
  • Nexus
    • OS updates
  • Jira
    • OS updates
  • Gerrit
    • OS updates
  • Sonar
    • OS updates
  • OpenGrok
    • OS updates
When:  2020-02-20 1900 UTC to 2400 UTC

Impact:

Maintenance will require a reboot of each FD.io system. Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1800 UTC. Please let us know if specific jobs cannot be aborted.
The following systems will be unavailable during the maintenance window:
  •     Jenkins sandbox
  •     Jenkins production
  •     Nexus
  •     Jira
  •     Gerrit
  •     Sonar
  •     OpenGrok


2020 LFN Governing Board Committer Representative Self-Nomination Period Open

Edward Warnicke
 



---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Casey Cain <ccain@...>
Date: Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 7:31 PM
Subject: 2020 LFN Governing Board Committer Representative Self-Nomination Period Open
To:


 Hello, everyone.

This is to inform you that the self-nomination period for the LFN Governing Board Committer Representative (LGBMCR) has started.  If you have received this email, you have been identified as an eligible candidate. 
Role:
  • The role of the LFN Governing Board Member Committers Representative (LGBMCR) is to represent the committers and contributors to LFN projects at the LFN Governing board.  The expectation of the LGBMCR is to attend all LFN Governing board meetings (and any appropriate ancillary meetings), gather input from the committer community for issues raised at the board level, and to communicate to the committer community key activities from board.
  • LGBMCR is elected for the 1 year. Re-election is not possible.

If you are interested in becoming the technical representative to the Governing Body, please self-nominate at the link below by March 4th, 2020.

Voting will begin on March 5th, 2020 and close by March 19th, 2020 at 5pm Pacific Time.

If you would like more information on the LGBMCR, please see https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/x/AgIiAQ or reach out to your community Technical Program Manager / Community Architect. 


Best,
Casey Cain
Technical Program Manager / Community Architect
Linux Foundation
_________________
IRC - CaseyLF
WeChat - okaru6