Date

4/30 Webinar: State of Open Source Networking & the Edge

Brandon Wick

Dear LFN Communities,

Even though ONES North America has been rescheduled for the fall, we did not want to miss this opportunity to engage with our communities and the networking ecosystem at large. On April 30th at 9:00 AM PT, Arpit Joshipura, GM, Networking, Edge, and IoT will walk through the state of open source networking & the edge, and provide updates on critical industry initiatives such as CNTT, OVP, OPNFV 2.0, the ONAP Frankfurt release, Open Horizon, Google’s activities with Fledge, State of the Edge, EdgeX Foundry’s Geneva release and more. This is also your chance to be the first to hear the major LF Networking and LF Edge announcements for the spring. Attendees are encouraged to engage with us and we'll leave time at the end for Q&A.

Note: Registration is required in advance and you must be signed in to Zoom to attend the webinar. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments and we hope you can make it.

Proxy for today's TSC meeting, Florin Coras

Dave Barach

Folks,

I may not be able to make the TSC meeting today due to an ongoing family medical issue. If I can’t make it, Florin Coras will take my proxy. We have a least 1 formal vote scheduled.

Thanks... Dave

Agenda item for this Thursday's TSC meeting

Dave Barach

Please add an agenda item to approve Benoit Ganne as a vpp project committer.

Please see https://gerrit.fd.io/r/q/owner:bganne%2540cisco.com+status:merged for a list of his merged patches.

Ben has over 150 merged patches under his belt, and should make a fine committer.

Thanks... Dave Barach
fd.io vpp ptl

FD.io Maintenance: Tuesday April 28, 2020 1800 UTC to 2200 UTC

Vanessa Valderrama

When:  Tuesday April 28, 2020 1800 UTC to 2200 UTC

What: Linux foundation upgrades, OS updates, and security patches
  • Jenkins
    • Upgrade to 2.222.x
    • OS and security updates
    • Plugin updates
  • Nexus
    • Upgrade to 2.14.17-01
    • OS and security updates
  • Jira
    • Upgrade to 8.6.1
    • OS and security updates
  • Gerrit
    • Upgrade to 3.1.x
    • OS and security updates
  • OpenGrok
    • OS and security updates
Impact:

Gerrit will be unavailable for all or part of the window as we do the following:
  • Convert the existing database to NoteDB
  • Upgrade Gerrit to 3.1.x
  • Rebuild indexes
The standard upgrades and maintenance will require a reboot of each FD.io system. Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1700 UTC. Running jobs will be aborted at 1800 UTC, please let us know if that will cause a problem for your project.

The following systems will be unavailable during the maintenance window:
  •     Jenkins sandbox
  •     Jenkins production
  •     Nexus
  •     Jira
  •     Gerrit
  •     OpenGrok

Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] 回复: [opnfv-tsc] LFN Committer Representative to the Board Election Results

Heather Kirksey <hkirksey@...>

Cedric,

I'm a few days late, but I'd also like to add my congratulations to everyone else's. I know that you'll be an opinionated and strong voice on behalf of the committers of our projects.

I know that ONAP has extended a personal invitation to you, but I am sure that all of our projects would like to invite you to understand their particular developer issues, challenges, and successes. It's a big challenge to ask any one committer to represent the voice of all developers in an umbrella of projects, so I really do want to thank you for taking this on. If you'd like any intros to the other projects or ask for time on the TSCs, the TPMs and I are here to help facilitate.

Félicitations et bonne chance!

Heather

On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 3:56 PM Fu Qiao <fuqiao@...> wrote:

Congratulations to Cedric