Date

Re: Happy Trails to Me...

Damjan Marion

Dear Dave,

It is not surprise to me as we already spoke about this several times.
I’m glad that you decided to stay with us and help this project grow, even
after you step down from the PTL role.

As you said, we need to elect new PTL, and I would like to nominate myself.

If I am elected, I know it will not be easy to fill your shoes and I will
count on your help to get me running.

Thank you for driving this project as PTL since day 1, back in 2015.
I’m looking forward to continue to work closely with you and continue to
do cool staff.

Best,

Damjan

On 17 Sep 2020, at 16:31, dave@... wrote:

Folks,

I'm departing the employment rolls towards the end of next month. Although I
intend to remain active in the fd.io vpp community as a coder, committer,
and resident greybeard, it's time for the community to pick a new PTL.

According to the project governance document,
https://fd.io/docs/tsc/FD.IO-Technical-Community-Document-12-12-2017.pdf:

3.2.3.1 Project Technical Leader Candidates
Candidates for the project's PTL will be derived from the Committers of the
Project. Candidates must self-nominate.

I'd like to invite any interested vpp project committer to self-nominate for
the PTL role. Please email vpp-dev@....

Let's close the self-nomination period in one week: more specifically, by
5pm EDT on Thursday, September 24, 2020; committer vote to follow
thereafter.

I'll be glad to answer unicast questions about the PTL role from eligible
committers.

Thanks... Dave

Re: [vpp-dev] Happy Trails to Me...

St Leger, Jim

Dave:

Wow...I'm starting to wonder what the community would do without you, but grateful to hear you'll remain active.

You have been "the" foundation of FD.io wrt VPP since the inception (and of course for many more years when VPP was solely software within Cisco.)

Your leadership and contributions have been invaluable. We are all tremendously indebted and grateful for all that you've done. And we will continue to be appreciative for all you will continue to do.

All the very best,
Jim

[...]

Happy Trails to Me...

dave@...

[...]

REMINDER: FD.io Webinar Tomorrow, 9:00 AM PT on High-Performance IPsec

Brandon Wick

Details: September 17, 2020 | FD.io’s VPP Smashes the Barrier to Wide Scale Adoption of Inexpensive High-Performance IPsec | Audian Paxson & Neal Hartsell, Netgate; John DiGiglio, Intel; Jerome Tollet, Cisco |

Description: The perimeter has disappeared. Apps are either born in the cloud, or moving there fast. And here in 2020, we now see massive work from home. Secure communications, specifically using IPsec, are more important than ever. But as connection counts and speeds rise, networking costs become budget busters. Major breakthroughs in software-based packet processing, specifically VPP, have shattered previously limited economics. This webinar sheds light on how VPP does what it does, the remarkable results it achieves, in both performance and price-performance.

[Note: This webinar registration uses the Linux Foundation’s Single Sign On (SSO). Learn more here.] If you have any issues registering, please let us know.

Re: FDIO Gerrit Maintenance - 2019-09-10 @ 1700 UTC

Vanessa Valderrama

If you are using an HTTP protocol for Gerrit instead of using your LFID password you will need to request a new token from Gerrit. If you have any issues authenticating, please open a ticket at support.linuxfoundation.org.

Maintenance is complete. Thank you for your patience. Please open a ticket at support.linuxfoundation.org if you have any issues.

Again maintenance is taking longer than expected. We should be finished at the top of the hours.

We'll need to extend this maintenance window by approximately 30 minutes. I apologize for the inconvenience, we got a later start than planned to allow some existing jobs to finish.

Thank you for your patience.

Starting maintenance.

Linux Foundation will be performing maintenance to migrate to our new SSO service in effort to roll out a more consistent login experience across all Linux Foundation project services.

The login process will use sso.linuxfoundation.org. It will be similar to the JSD login.

There is a FAQ on the transition available at https://identity.linuxfoundation.org/migration-faq
  • Gerrit upgrade to 3.2
  • Gerrit migration to Auth0
When:
Jenkins sandbox - 2019-09-10 @ 1700 UTC

Impact:
Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode during  Gerrit upgrade and migration. Gerrit will be unavailble during the upgrade and restart.

[...]

REMINDER: Register for ONES (Sep 28-30)

Brandon Wick

LFN Technical Community:

Open Networking and Ege Summit (ONES) is the flagship event for LF Networking and LF Edge -- all members and community participants are strongly encouraged to attend. This year, ONES is taking place virtually Sep 28-30 and registration is only $50Linux Foundation, LFN, and LF Edge Members are eligible to receive a 20% discount. Please email events@... to request the member discount code or with any questions.

Join thousands of your peers to shape the future of networking and edge computing. See which companies/job titles have already registered to attend and check out the full schedule

FYI, the LFN Virtual Technical Meetings are being held Oct 13-15There is no cost to attend but registration is required. View the event wiki here and register here

[...]

Re: [Ticket ID: NGM-878282] Help to change cables of Denverton testbed in LF CSIT lab

Ray Kinsella

CC’ed the FD.io TSC.

Ray K

Help to change cables of Denverton testbed in LF CSIT lab

Hello,

Your ticket has been received and a member of our staff will review it and reply accordingly. Listed below are details of this Ticket. Please make sure the Ticket ID remains in the subject at all times.

Ticket Details

Ticket ID

NGM-878282

Subject

Help to change cables of Denverton testbed in LF CSIT lab

Department

Technical Support

Priority

High

Status

Open

If you are a client of vexxhost, you can check the status of this ticket or reply to this ticket from here. If you are not a client, you will continue to receive replies through email.

Please do let us know if we can assist you any further,
VEXXHOST

visit our website | log in to your account | get support
Copyright © VEXXHOST, Inc., All rights reserved.

Re: RPM_DPDK Questions

Edward Warnicke

+1 :)

Ed

We've received replies from the RPM_DPDK committers. Can we move forward with the vote to archive the project on Thursday?

--
Thomas F Herbert
CTO Office

--
Billy McFall
Networking Group

--
Billy McFall
Networking Group

Emergency Maintenance

Vanessa Valderrama

We are aware of latency issues on jenkins.fd.io. Jenkins requires a
restart to resolve this issue.

FDIO Gerrit Maintenance - 2019-09-10 @ 1700 UTC

Linux Foundation will be performing maintenance to migrate to our new SSO service in effort to roll out a more consistent login experience across all Linux Foundation project services.

The login process will use sso.linuxfoundation.org. It will be similar to the JSD login.

There is a FAQ on the transition available at https://identity.linuxfoundation.org/migration-faq
  • Gerrit upgrade to 3.2
  • Gerrit migration to Auth0
When:
Jenkins sandbox - 2019-09-10 @ 1700 UTC

Impact:
Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode during  Gerrit upgrade and migration. Gerrit will be unavailble during the upgrade and restart.

REMINDER: ONAP Consumption Models Webinar on Wednesday

Brandon Wick

Details: Wednesday, September 2, 2020, 7:00 AM PT | CSPs Explore ONAP Consumption Models | Lei Huang, China Mobile Research Institute; Javier Ger, Telecom Argentina

Description: The End User Advisory Group (EUAG) was created by LF Networking (LFN) to share views, challenges, and best practices between user organizations; highlighting new areas of opportunity for the developer community. As the voice of the end user, the EUAG supports the vision of ONAP and its adoption in the industry as well as contributes use cases and requirements to the project that deliver maximum value to the industry as a whole. The EUAG’s ONAP working group recently produced a survey and whitepaper, sharing views on the most important considerations, opportunities, and impediments towards a seamless end user adoption of ONAP. This webinar will cover the key considerations for consumption aspects of ONAP—what are the challenges, key concerns, models and references—as well as the opportunities for CSPs looking at projects like ONAP.

Announcement: Changes to LF account logins

Andrew Grimberg

Greetings folks,

Please see the following about changes coming to LF accounts.

*******
On August 26 we will be making some cosmetic changes to the Linux
Foundation ID login page.  Following improvements are included in the
update:
* New SSO layout for Login, Create Account and Forgot Password
* Project-based Branding for Confluence, Jira, Jenkins, Wikis and
JoinNow app
* App-based Branding for Cvent, Zoom Webinars, Security, CLA, Individual
Profile, Funding, Insights, and People
* UX improvements for Phone and iPad/Tablets

Detailed LF SSO login information can be found here:
 https://docs.linuxfoundation.org/docs/sso

If you have not yet created a Linux Foundation ID login, we would
encourage you to do so at myprofile.linuxfoundation.org

******

--
Andrew J Grimberg
Manager Release Engineering

Re: Ole Troan will be my proxy for the FD.io TSC meeting today

Ray Kinsella

Apologies folks for missing this.

Thanks to Fan Zhang for covering at short notice.

Ray K