Date
Re: Removal of FD.io deb_dpdk resources

Luca Boccassi <bluca@...>

Hello Ed,

I'm happy with the document, and I have no preference for archival.

Thank you!

On Wed, 2020-01-22 at 19:42 -0600, Ed Warnicke wrote:
Luca, Christian,

I have prepared the Termination Review document for consideration at
tomorrow's TSC meeting:

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Deb_dpdk/Termination_Review

If you could:

a) Indicate any preference you may have for where it is archived
b) Review and indicate here that you are cool with how it is
presented in that document

it would be most helpful to us :)

Ed

On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 10:15 AM Edward Warnicke via Lists.Fd.Io <
hagbard=gmail.com@...> wrote:
We'll take it up at the TSC on Thu and get it done. Thank you for
all you've done!

Ed

On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 10:04 AM Luca Boccassi <bluca@...>
wrote:
On Fri, 2020-01-10 at 09:18 +0100, Christian Ehrhardt wrote:

On Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 6:20 PM Ed Warnicke (eaw) <eaw@...

wrote:
Christian,
Thank you for reaching out. We’ve enjoyed having you as part
of
our community, and appreciate the work you all do.
Fd.io does not require you to use the Gerri and other
resources we
provide. You are welcome to remain a fd.io project and not
use
them if you so choose.
You are also welcome to elect to move on from being a
fd.io project. Those decisions are entirely in the hands of
your
project committers :)

It would be helpful to us to know which of those choices you
elect,
so that we may proceed in a clear and orderly way :)

While there is no bad history at all with the deb_dpdk FD.io
project.
But I'd think that for clarity's sake and cleaning up I'd want
remove the deb_dpdk FD.io project.

@Luca - you are the only other project committers still active,
are
you of the same opinion?
If yes, I think Ed can go on and trigger the full removal.
Hi,

Yes it's fine for me, having multiple "sources" is confusing for
end
users. Thanks for all the help!

Ed

On Jan 9, 2020, at 9:52 AM, Christian Ehrhardt <
christian.ehrhardt@...> wrote:

Hi FD.io,
The deb_dpdk project is thankful for the home and help that
we
got in our early years.

We used to use the project:
- https://wiki.fd.io/view/Deb_dpdk

And along that resources for
- Gerrit https://gerrit.fd.io/r/gitweb?p=deb_dpdk.git
- I also saw a mirror on https://github.com/FDio/deb_dpdk
- CI
https://gerrit.fd.io/r/gitweb?p=ci-management.git;a=tree;f=jjb/deb_dpdk;h=efcd3beab9f199566ddd1c6e460600fc1f230d64;hb=HEAD

But we have to admit that times have changed and these days
we
are really at home at
- https://salsa.debian.org/debian/dpdk
- https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dpdk

Therefore I wanted to let you know that you could free up
the
resources.

We can even discontinue the subproject itself if you let me
know
which process I need to trigger - as an alternative I could
also
just update the deb_dpdk wiki page to point to the new
places.

Keeping the git/gerrit is probably cheap and worth for
history if
you like, but that is entirely up to you.

--
Christian Ehrhardt
Staff Engineer, Ubuntu Server

--
Kind regards,
Luca Boccassi

Re: Removal of FD.io deb_dpdk resources

Edward Warnicke

Luca, Christian,

Just as an update.  We discovered looking at the governance docs that the termination review doc needs to be out for two weeks for community review before we can vote on it.
I anticipate we will on Feb 6.  Thank you for all of your collaboration on this :)

Ed

--
Kind regards,
Luca Boccassi

--
Kind regards,
Luca Boccassi

REMINDER: CFP for ONES Closes Feb 3

Brandon Wick

LFN Community:

The Open Networking & Edge Summit (ONES) enables collaborative development and innovation across enterprises, service providers/telcos and cloud providers to shape the future of networking and edge computing.

ONES, will be held in North America April 20-21 in Los Angeles, CA. ONES is the premier event for:
  • Open collaborative community innovation & development across enterprises, service providers/telcos and cloud providers
  • Deep focused Technical, Architectural and Business Discussions in the area of Open Networking (NFVI/SDN/NFV/VNF – enabling automated 5G deployments, Cloud Native Telecom including Kubernetes Networking and Cloud Native Network Functions) & AI/ML enabled use cases for 5G, IoT, Edge and Enterprise deployments
  • Targeted Discussions on Edge/IoT Frameworks and Blueprints across Manufacturing, Retail, Oil and Gas, Transportation, Telco Edge cloud among others key areas
This is the flagship event for LF Networking & LF Edge and all project community members are strongly encouraged to participate. The CFP is now open and we welcome submissions from the LFN & LFE project communities. Proposals for ONES North America are due by 11:59pm PT on Monday, February 3Learn more and submit here.

Registration is also open. Please register early to take advantage of early bird pricing. LF Members are entitled to a 20% discount. Register here.

Please send any questions you may have to events@...

Note: Open Networking & Edge Summit Europe will take place Sept 29-30, in Antwerp. Registration and the CFP are also open. Learn more

--
Kind regards,
Luca Boccassi

christian.ehrhardt@...> wrote:

[...]

But I'd think that for clarity's sake and cleaning up I'd want to remove the deb_dpdk FD.io project.

[...]

LF Networking 2019 Year In Review Now Available

Brandon Wick

LFN Communities,

As we embark on 2020, we invite you to join us for a look back at 2019 -- a significant year for LF Networking. The LF Networking 2019 Year in Review has now been published to the LFN Website. This 28-page, detailed report recaps the highlights and achievements of 2019 while offering insights from LFN community leaders on where the project is headed in 2020 and from LFN leadership on the state of the open source networking industry

Thank you to all LFN members and LFN project community participants for your contributions in 2019. Here's to a great 2020!

Re: Removal of FD.io deb_dpdk resources

Ed Warnicke (eaw) <eaw@...>

[...]

Vanessa Valderrama

The deb_dpdk project is thankful for the home and help that we got in our early years.

We used to use the project:

And along that resources for
- I also saw a mirror on https://github.com/FDio/deb_dpdk

But we have to admit that times have changed and these days we are really at home at

Therefore I wanted to let you know that you could free up the resources.

We can even discontinue the subproject itself if you let me know which process I need to trigger - as an alternative I could also just update the deb_dpdk wiki page to point to the new places.

Keeping the git/gerrit is probably cheap and worth for history if you like, but that is entirely up to you.

--
Christian Ehrhardt
Staff Engineer, Ubuntu Server
Canonical Ltd

Re: FDIO Maintenance - 2020-02-25 1900 UTC to 2400 UTC

Vanessa Valderrama

We have moved the maintenance window to prevent interference with 20.01 release

What: Standard updates and upgrade
  • Jenkins
    • OS and security updates
    • Upgrade to 2.204.1
    • Plugin updates
  • Nexus
    • OS updates
  • Jira
    • OS updates
  • Gerrit
    • OS updates
  • Sonar
    • OS updates
  • OpenGrok
    • OS updates
When:  2020-02-25 1900 UTC to 2400 UTC

Impact:

Maintenance will require a reboot of each FD.io system. Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1800 UTC. Please let us know if specific jobs cannot be aborted.
The following systems will be unavailable during the maintenance window:
  •     Jenkins sandbox
  •     Jenkins production
  •     Nexus
  •     Jira
  •     Gerrit
  •     Sonar
  •     OpenGrok

Please let us know as soon as possible if this maintenance conflicts with your project.

What:
  • Jenkins
    • OS and security updates
    • Upgrade to 2.204.1
    • Plugin updates
  • Nexus
    • OS updates
  • Jira
    • OS updates
  • Gerrit
    • OS updates
  • Sonar
    • OS updates
  • OpenGrok
    • OS updates
When:  2020-02-05 1900 UTC to 2400 UTC

Impact:

Maintenance will require a reboot of each FD.io system. Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1800 UTC. Please let us know if specific jobs cannot be aborted.
The following systems will be unavailable during the maintenance window:
  •     Jenkins sandbox
  •     Jenkins production
  •     Nexus
  •     Jira
  •     Gerrit
  •     Sonar
  •     OpenGrok

Re: [csit-dev] FDIO Maintenance - 2020-02-05 1900 UTC to 2400 UTC

Maciek Konstantynowicz (mkonstan)

Hi Vanessa,

Many thanks for the heads-up.

Unfortunately 05-Feb hits is in the middle of CSIT-2001 release, per published schedule here: https://wiki.fd.io/view/CSIT/csit2001_plan

Is there any chance to postpone this upgrade till after 19-Feb, which is +1 week after our report publish target in case we slip due to infra issues (we got affected by more SSD failures as you may know).

Pls let us know if this is possible.

On 7 Jan 2020, at 14:30, Vanessa Valderrama <vvalderrama@...> wrote:

[...]

CFP for Open Networking & Edge Summit North America closes Feb 3

Brandon Wick

LFN Community:

The Open Networking & Edge Summit (formerly Open Networking Summit) enables collaborative development and innovation across enterprises, service providers/telcos and cloud providers to shape the future of networking and edge computing.

Open Networking & Edge Summit (ONES), will be held in North America April 20-21 in Los Angeles, CA. ONES is the premier event for:
[...]

Re: FD.io Jenkins/OpenStack Outage

Vanessa Valderrama

A fix has been implemented. Services have been restored. If you
experience any further issues, please open a ticket at
support.linuxfoundation.org.

Our OpenStack cloud provider is having issues with network controller
and that affects our CI OpenStack infrastructure accross all projects.
We're working with the provider to fix the issue as quickly as possible.

Please feel free to check the status page for additional updates.

https://status.linuxfoundation.org/incidents/g22zdrl0vrfd

FD.io Jenkins/OpenStack Outage

Vanessa Valderrama

Our OpenStack cloud provider is having issues with network controller
and that affects our CI OpenStack infrastructure accross all projects.
We're working with the provider to fix the issue as quickly as possible.

Please feel free to check the status page for additional updates.

https://status.linuxfoundation.org/incidents/g22zdrl0vrfd

CFP Now Open for Open Networking & Edge Summits

Brandon Wick <bwick@...>

LFN Community:

The Open Networking & Edge Summit (formerly Open Networking Summit) enables collaborative development and innovation across enterprises, service providers/telcos and cloud providers to shape the future of networking and edge computing.

Open Networking & Edge Summit (ONES), will be held in North America April 20-21 in Los Angeles, CA and in Europe September 29-30 in Antwerp, Belgium in 2020. Please save both dates!

These are the flagship events for LF Networking and now LF Edge as well. All project community members are strongly encouraged to participate. Note: Registration will open for both events in January 2020. Please register early to take advantage of early bird pricing.

The CFP to speak at both events is now open and we welcome submissions from the LFN & LFE project communities. Proposals for ONES North America are due by 11:59pm PT on Monday, February 3. Proposals for ONES Europe are due by 11:59pm GMT+2 on Sunday, June 7

Please send any questions you may have to events@...

Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Re: FD.io Production Jenkins - Restart Required

Vanessa Valderrama

Jenkins is back up. Jobs have started. Ed and I are still trying to
resolve an issue with a few of the CSIT hourly jobs. Please open a
ticket at support.linuxfoundation.org if you have any issues.

We're making some Nomad changes as well which is causing a bit of delay
in the restart. We should be done within about 30 minutes.

We've placed Jenkins in shutdown mode to allow for a restart. We need to
uninstall the OpenStack Single-Use Slave plugin. The plugin is no longer
required and we believe it's causing an issue that prevents the
OpenStack slaves from being removed in Jenkins.

We'll do the restart at 20:00 UTC.

The restart will take less than 5 minutes.