Date   
FD.io - Network Issues

Vanessa Valderrama
 

There appears to be a Network Routing Issue with an upstream provider at our PDX Data-center.  This affects some core infrastructure availability.  Kernel.org and PDX mirrors are affected as well as some CAF properties (wiki) and other services.

We have a workaround in place to restore service to OpenStack builders in the Vexxhost infrastructure.

FD.io systems affected

  • git.fd.io
  • FD.io lab machines

After a router reboot, the router is still showing down. Vexxhost is working on resolving the issue.

For updates please check
https://status.linuxfoundation.org

Thank you,
Vanessa

Re: Project Proposal for VSAP

Florin Coras (fcoras) <fcoras@...>
 

Hi Ed,

 

It seems the email was stuck in the moderation queue since 11/27/19

 

Florin

 

From: Ed Warnicke <hagbard@...>
Date: Wednesday, December 11, 2019 at 9:26 AM
To: Ray Kinsella <ray.kinsella@...>
Cc: "Yu, Ping" <ping.yu@...>, "tsc@..." <tsc@...>, "Ed Warnicke (eaw)" <eaw@...>, "Florin Coras (fcoras)" <fcoras@...>, "li-jian@..." <li-jian@...>, "Zhang, Yuwei1" <yuwei1.zhang@...>, "Ni, Hongjun" <hongjun.ni@...>, "Stephen Belair (sbelair)" <sbelair@...>, "DiGiglio, John" <john.digiglio@...>
Subject: Re: [tsc] Project Proposal for VSAP

 

It appears the formal notification of proposal is Dec 10 here:

 

 

Was there an earlier notification of proposal?

 

If so, two weeks would be: Dec 24... so likely first TSC meeting after that would be Jan 2 or 9.

 

Did I miss an earlier email of proposal notification to the tsc list for VSAP?

 

Ed

 

 

 

On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 1:11 AM Ray Kinsella <ray.kinsella@...> wrote:

Hi Ed,

 

Can we put this project proposal review the agenda this week.

Has been two weeks since the notification?

 

Thanks,

 

Ray K

 

From: Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...>
Sent: Wednesday 11 December 2019 06:39
To: tsc@...; Ed Warnicke (eaw) <eaw@...>
Cc: Florin Coras (fcoras) <fcoras@...>; Kinsella, Ray <ray.kinsella@...>; li-jian@...; Zhang, Yuwei1 <yuwei1.zhang@...>; Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>; sbelair@...; DiGiglio, John <john.digiglio@...>; Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...>; Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...>
Subject: RE: Project Proposal for VSAP

 

Hello, TSC

 

Is there any update for the project proposal? More and more people are interested in this, and CSIT also plans to add VSAP into the performance benchmarking testing.

 

Ping

 

From: Yu, Ping
Sent: Thursday, November 28, 2019 3:38 PM
To: tsc@...
Cc: Florin Coras (fcoras) <fcoras@...>; Kinsella, Ray <ray.kinsella@...>; li-jian@...; Zhang, Yuwei1 <yuwei1.zhang@...>; Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>; sbelair@...; DiGiglio, John <john.digiglio@...>; Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...>; Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...>
Subject: Project Proposal for VSAP

 

Dear FD.io TSC

 

User space is pretty hot after DPDK was born, and as a high efficient packet processing project, VPP also implements the host TCP/IP stack in user space. Based on this stack, we have did some integration and optimization work, and we have saw a great value for VPP host. Attached is a demo we made to compare kernel space Nginx with VPP stack accelerated Nginx for your reference.  We’d like to contribute our code and work together to impact industry for VPP host stack deployment, so we’d like to propose a new project under fd.io.  Currently Intel, cisco and Shanghai Jiaotong University are involved in this project initiative.

 

Please accept this project proposal for VSAP for consideration.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/VSAP

 

Ping

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#1171): https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/message/1171
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/67970388/464962
Group Owner: tsc+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/unsub  [hagbard@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Re: Project Proposal for VSAP

Ed Warnicke (eaw) <eaw@...>
 

Yes.  Apologies for missing this going by.  Will do.

Ed

On Dec 11, 2019, at 1:09 AM, Kinsella, Ray <ray.kinsella@...> wrote:

Hi Ed,
 
Can we put this project proposal review the agenda this week.
Has been two weeks since the notification?
 
Thanks,
 
Ray K
 
From: Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...> 
Sent: Wednesday 11 December 2019 06:39
To: tsc@...; Ed Warnicke (eaw) <eaw@...>
Cc: Florin Coras (fcoras) <fcoras@...>; Kinsella, Ray <ray.kinsella@...>; li-jian@...; Zhang, Yuwei1 <yuwei1.zhang@...>; Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>; sbelair@...; DiGiglio, John <john.digiglio@...>; Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...>; Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...>
Subject: RE: Project Proposal for VSAP
 
Hello, TSC
 
Is there any update for the project proposal? More and more people are interested in this, and CSIT also plans to add VSAP into the performance benchmarking testing.
 
Ping
 
From: Yu, Ping 
Sent: Thursday, November 28, 2019 3:38 PM
To: tsc@...
Cc: Florin Coras (fcoras) <fcoras@...>; Kinsella, Ray <ray.kinsella@...>; li-jian@...; Zhang, Yuwei1 <yuwei1.zhang@...>; Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>; sbelair@...; DiGiglio, John <john.digiglio@...>; Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...>; Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...>
Subject: Project Proposal for VSAP
 

Dear FD.io TSC

 

User space is pretty hot after DPDK was born, and as a high efficient packet processing project, VPP also implements the host TCP/IP stack in user space. Based on this stack, we have did some integration and optimization work, and we have saw a great value for VPP host. Attached is a demo we made to compare kernel space Nginx with VPP stack accelerated Nginx for your reference.  We’d like to contribute our code and work together to impact industry for VPP host stack deployment, so we’d like to propose a new project under fd.io.  Currently Intel, cisco and Shanghai Jiaotong University are involved in this project initiative.

 

Please accept this project proposal for VSAP for consideration.

 
Ping

Re: Project Proposal for VSAP

Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...>
 

Hello, TSC

 

Is there any update for the project proposal? More and more people are interested in this, and CSIT also plans to add VSAP into the performance benchmarking testing.

 

Ping

 

From: Yu, Ping
Sent: Thursday, November 28, 2019 3:38 PM
To: tsc@...
Cc: Florin Coras (fcoras) <fcoras@...>; Kinsella, Ray <ray.kinsella@...>; li-jian@...; Zhang, Yuwei1 <yuwei1.zhang@...>; Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>; sbelair@...; DiGiglio, John <john.digiglio@...>; Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...>; Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...>
Subject: Project Proposal for VSAP

 

Dear FD.io TSC

 

User space is pretty hot after DPDK was born, and as a high efficient packet processing project, VPP also implements the host TCP/IP stack in user space. Based on this stack, we have did some integration and optimization work, and we have saw a great value for VPP host. Attached is a demo we made to compare kernel space Nginx with VPP stack accelerated Nginx for your reference.  We’d like to contribute our code and work together to impact industry for VPP host stack deployment, so we’d like to propose a new project under fd.io.  Currently Intel, cisco and Shanghai Jiaotong University are involved in this project initiative.

 

Please accept this project proposal for VSAP for consideration.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/VSAP

 

Ping

Proxies for Dec 19 FD.io TSC meeting

Edward Warnicke
 

Ole Troan will be my proxy for the Dec 19 FD.io TSC meeting.

Ray has graciously agreed to chair that meeting.

Many thanks to both :)

Ed

Re: Project Proposal for VSAP

Dave Barach
 

+11.

 

The short conversation probably goes like so: “please subscribe to the TSC mailer [at least briefly], to make sure that important emails appear. If they don’t, start asking questions... 😉

 

D.

 

From: tsc@... <tsc@...> On Behalf Of Edward Warnicke
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2019 1:33 PM
To: Ray Kinsella <ray.kinsella@...>
Cc: Florin Coras (fcoras) <fcoras@...>; Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...>; tsc@...; Ed Warnicke (eaw) <eaw@...>; li-jian@...; Zhang, Yuwei1 <yuwei1.zhang@...>; Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>; Stephen Belair (sbelair) <sbelair@...>; DiGiglio, John <john.digiglio@...>
Subject: Re: [tsc] Project Proposal for VSAP

 

Lets definitely put it on the agenda for tomorrow.  Let's preface it with a short conversation about deciding how to handle this situation and prevent recurrence of it.

 

Ed

 

On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 11:53 AM Ray Kinsella <ray.kinsella@...> wrote:

Dave freed it up earlier today.

I think in the interests of fairness – it should go ahead tomorrow.

 

Ray K

 

From: Florin Coras (fcoras) <fcoras@...>
Sent: Wednesday 11 December 2019 17:29
To: Ed Warnicke <hagbard@...>; Kinsella, Ray <ray.kinsella@...>
Cc: Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...>; tsc@...; Ed Warnicke (eaw) <eaw@...>; li-jian@...; Zhang, Yuwei1 <yuwei1.zhang@...>; Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>; Stephen Belair (sbelair) <sbelair@...>; DiGiglio, John <john.digiglio@...>
Subject: Re: [tsc] Project Proposal for VSAP

 

Hi Ed,

 

It seems the email was stuck in the moderation queue since 11/27/19

 

Florin

 

From: Ed Warnicke <hagbard@...>
Date: Wednesday, December 11, 2019 at 9:26 AM
To: Ray Kinsella <ray.kinsella@...>
Cc: "Yu, Ping" <ping.yu@...>, "tsc@..." <tsc@...>, "Ed Warnicke (eaw)" <eaw@...>, "Florin Coras (fcoras)" <fcoras@...>, "li-jian@..." <li-jian@...>, "Zhang, Yuwei1" <yuwei1.zhang@...>, "Ni, Hongjun" <hongjun.ni@...>, "Stephen Belair (sbelair)" <sbelair@...>, "DiGiglio, John" <john.digiglio@...>
Subject: Re: [tsc] Project Proposal for VSAP

 

It appears the formal notification of proposal is Dec 10 here:

 

 

Was there an earlier notification of proposal?

 

If so, two weeks would be: Dec 24... so likely first TSC meeting after that would be Jan 2 or 9.

 

Did I miss an earlier email of proposal notification to the tsc list for VSAP?

 

Ed

 

 

 

On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 1:11 AM Ray Kinsella <ray.kinsella@...> wrote:

Hi Ed,

 

Can we put this project proposal review the agenda this week.

Has been two weeks since the notification?

 

Thanks,

 

Ray K

 

From: Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...>
Sent: Wednesday 11 December 2019 06:39
To: tsc@...; Ed Warnicke (eaw) <eaw@...>
Cc: Florin Coras (fcoras) <fcoras@...>; Kinsella, Ray <ray.kinsella@...>; li-jian@...; Zhang, Yuwei1 <yuwei1.zhang@...>; Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>; sbelair@...; DiGiglio, John <john.digiglio@...>; Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...>; Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...>
Subject: RE: Project Proposal for VSAP

 

Hello, TSC

 

Is there any update for the project proposal? More and more people are interested in this, and CSIT also plans to add VSAP into the performance benchmarking testing.

 

Ping

 

From: Yu, Ping
Sent: Thursday, November 28, 2019 3:38 PM
To: tsc@...
Cc: Florin Coras (fcoras) <fcoras@...>; Kinsella, Ray <ray.kinsella@...>; li-jian@...; Zhang, Yuwei1 <yuwei1.zhang@...>; Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>; sbelair@...; DiGiglio, John <john.digiglio@...>; Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...>; Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...>
Subject: Project Proposal for VSAP

 

Dear FD.io TSC

 

User space is pretty hot after DPDK was born, and as a high efficient packet processing project, VPP also implements the host TCP/IP stack in user space. Based on this stack, we have did some integration and optimization work, and we have saw a great value for VPP host. Attached is a demo we made to compare kernel space Nginx with VPP stack accelerated Nginx for your reference.  We’d like to contribute our code and work together to impact industry for VPP host stack deployment, so we’d like to propose a new project under fd.io.  Currently Intel, cisco and Shanghai Jiaotong University are involved in this project initiative.

 

Please accept this project proposal for VSAP for consideration.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/VSAP

 

Ping

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#1171): https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/message/1171
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/67970388/464962
Group Owner: tsc+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/unsub  [hagbard@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#1173): https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/message/1173
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/67970388/464962
Group Owner: tsc+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/unsub  [hagbard@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Re: Project Proposal for VSAP

Edward Warnicke
 

Lets definitely put it on the agenda for tomorrow.  Let's preface it with a short conversation about deciding how to handle this situation and prevent recurrence of it.

Ed

On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 11:53 AM Ray Kinsella <ray.kinsella@...> wrote:

Dave freed it up earlier today.

I think in the interests of fairness – it should go ahead tomorrow.

 

Ray K

 

From: Florin Coras (fcoras) <fcoras@...>
Sent: Wednesday 11 December 2019 17:29
To: Ed Warnicke <hagbard@...>; Kinsella, Ray <ray.kinsella@...>
Cc: Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...>; tsc@...; Ed Warnicke (eaw) <eaw@...>; li-jian@...; Zhang, Yuwei1 <yuwei1.zhang@...>; Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>; Stephen Belair (sbelair) <sbelair@...>; DiGiglio, John <john.digiglio@...>
Subject: Re: [tsc] Project Proposal for VSAP

 

Hi Ed,

 

It seems the email was stuck in the moderation queue since 11/27/19

 

Florin

 

From: Ed Warnicke <hagbard@...>
Date: Wednesday, December 11, 2019 at 9:26 AM
To: Ray Kinsella <ray.kinsella@...>
Cc: "Yu, Ping" <ping.yu@...>, "tsc@..." <tsc@...>, "Ed Warnicke (eaw)" <eaw@...>, "Florin Coras (fcoras)" <fcoras@...>, "li-jian@..." <li-jian@...>, "Zhang, Yuwei1" <yuwei1.zhang@...>, "Ni, Hongjun" <hongjun.ni@...>, "Stephen Belair (sbelair)" <sbelair@...>, "DiGiglio, John" <john.digiglio@...>
Subject: Re: [tsc] Project Proposal for VSAP

 

It appears the formal notification of proposal is Dec 10 here:

 

 

Was there an earlier notification of proposal?

 

If so, two weeks would be: Dec 24... so likely first TSC meeting after that would be Jan 2 or 9.

 

Did I miss an earlier email of proposal notification to the tsc list for VSAP?

 

Ed

 

 

 

On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 1:11 AM Ray Kinsella <ray.kinsella@...> wrote:

Hi Ed,

 

Can we put this project proposal review the agenda this week.

Has been two weeks since the notification?

 

Thanks,

 

Ray K

 

From: Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...>
Sent: Wednesday 11 December 2019 06:39
To: tsc@...; Ed Warnicke (eaw) <eaw@...>
Cc: Florin Coras (fcoras) <fcoras@...>; Kinsella, Ray <ray.kinsella@...>; li-jian@...; Zhang, Yuwei1 <yuwei1.zhang@...>; Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>; sbelair@...; DiGiglio, John <john.digiglio@...>; Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...>; Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...>
Subject: RE: Project Proposal for VSAP

 

Hello, TSC

 

Is there any update for the project proposal? More and more people are interested in this, and CSIT also plans to add VSAP into the performance benchmarking testing.

 

Ping

 

From: Yu, Ping
Sent: Thursday, November 28, 2019 3:38 PM
To: tsc@...
Cc: Florin Coras (fcoras) <fcoras@...>; Kinsella, Ray <ray.kinsella@...>; li-jian@...; Zhang, Yuwei1 <yuwei1.zhang@...>; Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>; sbelair@...; DiGiglio, John <john.digiglio@...>; Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...>; Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...>
Subject: Project Proposal for VSAP

 

Dear FD.io TSC

 

User space is pretty hot after DPDK was born, and as a high efficient packet processing project, VPP also implements the host TCP/IP stack in user space. Based on this stack, we have did some integration and optimization work, and we have saw a great value for VPP host. Attached is a demo we made to compare kernel space Nginx with VPP stack accelerated Nginx for your reference.  We’d like to contribute our code and work together to impact industry for VPP host stack deployment, so we’d like to propose a new project under fd.io.  Currently Intel, cisco and Shanghai Jiaotong University are involved in this project initiative.

 

Please accept this project proposal for VSAP for consideration.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/VSAP

 

Ping

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#1171): https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/message/1171
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/67970388/464962
Group Owner: tsc+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/unsub  [hagbard@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#1173): https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/message/1173
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/67970388/464962
Group Owner: tsc+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/unsub  [hagbard@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Re: Project Proposal for VSAP

Ray Kinsella
 

Dave freed it up earlier today.

I think in the interests of fairness – it should go ahead tomorrow.

 

Ray K

 

From: Florin Coras (fcoras) <fcoras@...>
Sent: Wednesday 11 December 2019 17:29
To: Ed Warnicke <hagbard@...>; Kinsella, Ray <ray.kinsella@...>
Cc: Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...>; tsc@...; Ed Warnicke (eaw) <eaw@...>; li-jian@...; Zhang, Yuwei1 <yuwei1.zhang@...>; Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>; Stephen Belair (sbelair) <sbelair@...>; DiGiglio, John <john.digiglio@...>
Subject: Re: [tsc] Project Proposal for VSAP

 

Hi Ed,

 

It seems the email was stuck in the moderation queue since 11/27/19

 

Florin

 

From: Ed Warnicke <hagbard@...>
Date: Wednesday, December 11, 2019 at 9:26 AM
To: Ray Kinsella <ray.kinsella@...>
Cc: "Yu, Ping" <ping.yu@...>, "tsc@..." <tsc@...>, "Ed Warnicke (eaw)" <eaw@...>, "Florin Coras (fcoras)" <fcoras@...>, "li-jian@..." <li-jian@...>, "Zhang, Yuwei1" <yuwei1.zhang@...>, "Ni, Hongjun" <hongjun.ni@...>, "Stephen Belair (sbelair)" <sbelair@...>, "DiGiglio, John" <john.digiglio@...>
Subject: Re: [tsc] Project Proposal for VSAP

 

It appears the formal notification of proposal is Dec 10 here:

 

 

Was there an earlier notification of proposal?

 

If so, two weeks would be: Dec 24... so likely first TSC meeting after that would be Jan 2 or 9.

 

Did I miss an earlier email of proposal notification to the tsc list for VSAP?

 

Ed

 

 

 

On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 1:11 AM Ray Kinsella <ray.kinsella@...> wrote:

Hi Ed,

 

Can we put this project proposal review the agenda this week.

Has been two weeks since the notification?

 

Thanks,

 

Ray K

 

From: Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...>
Sent: Wednesday 11 December 2019 06:39
To: tsc@...; Ed Warnicke (eaw) <eaw@...>
Cc: Florin Coras (fcoras) <fcoras@...>; Kinsella, Ray <ray.kinsella@...>; li-jian@...; Zhang, Yuwei1 <yuwei1.zhang@...>; Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>; sbelair@...; DiGiglio, John <john.digiglio@...>; Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...>; Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...>
Subject: RE: Project Proposal for VSAP

 

Hello, TSC

 

Is there any update for the project proposal? More and more people are interested in this, and CSIT also plans to add VSAP into the performance benchmarking testing.

 

Ping

 

From: Yu, Ping
Sent: Thursday, November 28, 2019 3:38 PM
To: tsc@...
Cc: Florin Coras (fcoras) <fcoras@...>; Kinsella, Ray <ray.kinsella@...>; li-jian@...; Zhang, Yuwei1 <yuwei1.zhang@...>; Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>; sbelair@...; DiGiglio, John <john.digiglio@...>; Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...>; Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...>
Subject: Project Proposal for VSAP

 

Dear FD.io TSC

 

User space is pretty hot after DPDK was born, and as a high efficient packet processing project, VPP also implements the host TCP/IP stack in user space. Based on this stack, we have did some integration and optimization work, and we have saw a great value for VPP host. Attached is a demo we made to compare kernel space Nginx with VPP stack accelerated Nginx for your reference.  We’d like to contribute our code and work together to impact industry for VPP host stack deployment, so we’d like to propose a new project under fd.io.  Currently Intel, cisco and Shanghai Jiaotong University are involved in this project initiative.

 

Please accept this project proposal for VSAP for consideration.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/VSAP

 

Ping

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#1171): https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/message/1171
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/67970388/464962
Group Owner: tsc+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/unsub  [hagbard@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Re: Project Proposal for VSAP

Edward Warnicke
 

It appears the formal notification of proposal is Dec 10 here:


Was there an earlier notification of proposal?

If so, two weeks would be: Dec 24... so likely first TSC meeting after that would be Jan 2 or 9.

Did I miss an earlier email of proposal notification to the tsc list for VSAP?

Ed



On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 1:11 AM Ray Kinsella <ray.kinsella@...> wrote:

Hi Ed,

 

Can we put this project proposal review the agenda this week.

Has been two weeks since the notification?

 

Thanks,

 

Ray K

 

From: Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...>
Sent: Wednesday 11 December 2019 06:39
To: tsc@...; Ed Warnicke (eaw) <eaw@...>
Cc: Florin Coras (fcoras) <fcoras@...>; Kinsella, Ray <ray.kinsella@...>; li-jian@...; Zhang, Yuwei1 <yuwei1.zhang@...>; Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>; sbelair@...; DiGiglio, John <john.digiglio@...>; Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...>; Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...>
Subject: RE: Project Proposal for VSAP

 

Hello, TSC

 

Is there any update for the project proposal? More and more people are interested in this, and CSIT also plans to add VSAP into the performance benchmarking testing.

 

Ping

 

From: Yu, Ping
Sent: Thursday, November 28, 2019 3:38 PM
To: tsc@...
Cc: Florin Coras (fcoras) <fcoras@...>; Kinsella, Ray <ray.kinsella@...>; li-jian@...; Zhang, Yuwei1 <yuwei1.zhang@...>; Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>; sbelair@...; DiGiglio, John <john.digiglio@...>; Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...>; Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...>
Subject: Project Proposal for VSAP

 

Dear FD.io TSC

 

User space is pretty hot after DPDK was born, and as a high efficient packet processing project, VPP also implements the host TCP/IP stack in user space. Based on this stack, we have did some integration and optimization work, and we have saw a great value for VPP host. Attached is a demo we made to compare kernel space Nginx with VPP stack accelerated Nginx for your reference.  We’d like to contribute our code and work together to impact industry for VPP host stack deployment, so we’d like to propose a new project under fd.io.  Currently Intel, cisco and Shanghai Jiaotong University are involved in this project initiative.

 

Please accept this project proposal for VSAP for consideration.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/VSAP

 

Ping

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#1171): https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/message/1171
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/67970388/464962
Group Owner: tsc+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/unsub  [hagbard@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Re: Project Proposal for VSAP

Ray Kinsella
 

Hi Ed,

 

Can we put this project proposal review the agenda this week.

Has been two weeks since the notification?

 

Thanks,

 

Ray K

 

From: Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...>
Sent: Wednesday 11 December 2019 06:39
To: tsc@...; Ed Warnicke (eaw) <eaw@...>
Cc: Florin Coras (fcoras) <fcoras@...>; Kinsella, Ray <ray.kinsella@...>; li-jian@...; Zhang, Yuwei1 <yuwei1.zhang@...>; Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>; sbelair@...; DiGiglio, John <john.digiglio@...>; Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...>; Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...>
Subject: RE: Project Proposal for VSAP

 

Hello, TSC

 

Is there any update for the project proposal? More and more people are interested in this, and CSIT also plans to add VSAP into the performance benchmarking testing.

 

Ping

 

From: Yu, Ping
Sent: Thursday, November 28, 2019 3:38 PM
To: tsc@...
Cc: Florin Coras (fcoras) <fcoras@...>; Kinsella, Ray <ray.kinsella@...>; li-jian@...; Zhang, Yuwei1 <yuwei1.zhang@...>; Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>; sbelair@...; DiGiglio, John <john.digiglio@...>; Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...>; Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...>
Subject: Project Proposal for VSAP

 

Dear FD.io TSC

 

User space is pretty hot after DPDK was born, and as a high efficient packet processing project, VPP also implements the host TCP/IP stack in user space. Based on this stack, we have did some integration and optimization work, and we have saw a great value for VPP host. Attached is a demo we made to compare kernel space Nginx with VPP stack accelerated Nginx for your reference.  We’d like to contribute our code and work together to impact industry for VPP host stack deployment, so we’d like to propose a new project under fd.io.  Currently Intel, cisco and Shanghai Jiaotong University are involved in this project initiative.

 

Please accept this project proposal for VSAP for consideration.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/VSAP

 

Ping

Re: FD.io Jenkins Maintenance: 2019-12-10 1900 UTC to 2200 UTC

Vanessa Valderrama
 

Maintenance is complete. All systems are available. Please open a ticket at support.linuxfoundation.org if you experience any issues.

Thank you,
Anton & Vanessa


On 12/10/19 1:04 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Starting maintenance

On 12/10/19 7:15 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Jenkins sandbox is complete. Jenkins production will be shutdown at 1800 UTC in preparation for maintenance.

Thanks,
Vanessa


On 12/3/19 9:57 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

What:
  • Jenkins
    • OS and security updates
    • Upgrade to 2.190.3
    • Plugin updates
  • Nexus
    • OS updates
  • Jira
    • OS updates
  • Gerrit
    • OS updates
  • Sonar
    • OS updates
  • OpenGrok
    • OS updates
When:  2019-12-10 1900 UTC to 2200 UTC

Impact:

Maintenance will require a reboot of each FD.io system. Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1800 UTC. Please let us know if specific jobs cannot be aborted.
The following systems will be unavailable during the maintenance window:
  •     Jenkins sandbox
  •     Jenkins production
  •     Nexus
  •     Jira
  •     Gerrit
  •     Sonar
  •     OpenGrok

Re: FD.io Jenkins Maintenance: 2019-12-10 1900 UTC to 2200 UTC

Vanessa Valderrama
 

Starting maintenance

On 12/10/19 7:15 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Jenkins sandbox is complete. Jenkins production will be shutdown at 1800 UTC in preparation for maintenance.

Thanks,
Vanessa


On 12/3/19 9:57 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

What:
  • Jenkins
    • OS and security updates
    • Upgrade to 2.190.3
    • Plugin updates
  • Nexus
    • OS updates
  • Jira
    • OS updates
  • Gerrit
    • OS updates
  • Sonar
    • OS updates
  • OpenGrok
    • OS updates
When:  2019-12-10 1900 UTC to 2200 UTC

Impact:

Maintenance will require a reboot of each FD.io system. Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1800 UTC. Please let us know if specific jobs cannot be aborted.
The following systems will be unavailable during the maintenance window:
  •     Jenkins sandbox
  •     Jenkins production
  •     Nexus
  •     Jira
  •     Gerrit
  •     Sonar
  •     OpenGrok

Re: FD.io Jenkins Maintenance: 2019-12-10 1900 UTC to 2200 UTC

Vanessa Valderrama
 

Jenkins sandbox is complete. Jenkins production will be shutdown at 1800 UTC in preparation for maintenance.

Thanks,
Vanessa


On 12/3/19 9:57 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

What:
  • Jenkins
    • OS and security updates
    • Upgrade to 2.190.3
    • Plugin updates
  • Nexus
    • OS updates
  • Jira
    • OS updates
  • Gerrit
    • OS updates
  • Sonar
    • OS updates
  • OpenGrok
    • OS updates
When:  2019-12-10 1900 UTC to 2200 UTC

Impact:

Maintenance will require a reboot of each FD.io system. Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1800 UTC. Please let us know if specific jobs cannot be aborted.
The following systems will be unavailable during the maintenance window:
  •     Jenkins sandbox
  •     Jenkins production
  •     Nexus
  •     Jira
  •     Gerrit
  •     Sonar
  •     OpenGrok

Project Proposal for VSAP

Yu, Ping <ping.yu@...>
 

Dear FD.io TSC

 

User space is pretty hot after DPDK was born, and as a high efficient packet processing project, VPP also implements the host TCP/IP stack in user space. Based on this stack, we have did some integration and optimization work, and we have saw a great value for VPP host. Attached is a demo we made to compare kernel space Nginx with VPP stack accelerated Nginx for your reference.  We’d like to contribute our code and work together to impact industry for VPP host stack deployment, so we’d like to propose a new project under fd.io.  Currently Intel, cisco and Shanghai Jiaotong University are involved in this project initiative.

 

Please accept this project proposal for VSAP for consideration.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/VSAP

 

Ping

Upcoming Event: LFN Developer & Testing Forum, Prague, Jan 13-16

Brandon Wick <bwick@...>
 

LFN Community, 

We wanted to make sure you knew about the upcoming LFN Developer + Testing Forum. If your company has teams working with ONAP, OPNFV, CNTT, OVP, or the other LFN projects, please encourage them to consider attending. Note: Flights and accommodations in Prague are very economical at this time of the year. 

LFN Developer & Testing Forum
Prague, Czech Republic, Jan 13 -16
Prague Congress Center
5. kvetna 1640/65, Nusle
140 00 Prague 4, Czechia

Co-hosted with GSMA, this LFN Developer & Testing Forum brings together developers across ONAP, CNTT, and OPNFV, with a special focus on VNF compliance and verification testing. As the principal event for LFN open source projects, the technical gathering provides a platform for community members to collaborate, plan future releases, conduct a plugfest, and perform interoperability, compliance, and integration testing across the full network stack, including NFVI, MANO, and VNFs. There is no cost to attend, but space fills up quickly. We encourage you to register today!


Best,

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960


Upcoming Event: OSN Days Bangalore, December 6

Brandon Wick <bwick@...>
 

LFN Community, 

We wanted to make sure you knew about the upcoming OSN Days Event in Bangalore, India. If your company has teams, engineering groups, etc. in the Bangalore region, please forward this information and encourage them to register. 

OSN Days Bangalore
Bangalore, India | December 6, 2019
8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Tech Mahindra Campus Electronic City (Building: ICT-5, Auditorium, 8th Floor
Plot No. 45-47, KIADB Industrial Area, Phase- II)

Open Source Networking Days Bangalore, India is a workshop featuring business leaders and industry experts with a strong focus on bridging the gap between innovation and implementation. Hosted By Tech Mahindra #TechmNXT opensource with support from LF Networking, the event will entail deep dive discussions around driving synergy between open source networking projects, and focus on the latest developments in this area.

See Website Here (click the "Agenda" tab to see the schedule)

Best, 

Brandon Wick
Senior Integrated Marketing Manager
The Linux Foundation
+1.917.282.0960



Re: FD.io Jenkins Maintenance: 2019-12-10 1900 UTC to 2200 UTC

Vanessa Valderrama
 

Maintenance reminder

On 12/3/19 9:57 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

What:
  • Jenkins
    • OS and security updates
    • Upgrade to 2.190.3
    • Plugin updates
  • Nexus
    • OS updates
  • Jira
    • OS updates
  • Gerrit
    • OS updates
  • Sonar
    • OS updates
  • OpenGrok
    • OS updates
When:  2019-12-10 1900 UTC to 2200 UTC

Impact:

Maintenance will require a reboot of each FD.io system. Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1800 UTC. Please let us know if specific jobs cannot be aborted.
The following systems will be unavailable during the maintenance window:
  •     Jenkins sandbox
  •     Jenkins production
  •     Nexus
  •     Jira
  •     Gerrit
  •     Sonar
  •     OpenGrok

FD.io Jenkins Maintenance: 2019-12-10 1900 UTC to 2200 UTC

Vanessa Valderrama
 

What:
  • Jenkins
    • OS and security updates
    • Upgrade to 2.190.3
    • Plugin updates
  • Nexus
    • OS updates
  • Jira
    • OS updates
  • Gerrit
    • OS updates
  • Sonar
    • OS updates
  • OpenGrok
    • OS updates
When:  2019-12-10 1900 UTC to 2200 UTC

Impact:

Maintenance will require a reboot of each FD.io system. Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1800 UTC. Please let us know if specific jobs cannot be aborted.
The following systems will be unavailable during the maintenance window:
  •     Jenkins sandbox
  •     Jenkins production
  •     Nexus
  •     Jira
  •     Gerrit
  •     Sonar
  •     OpenGrok

Proxy for George on 11/14

George Zhao
 

Hello,

Zhaobo Zhang will be my proxy on 11/14, I will be on plane that time and will try to see if I can have access to the IRC.

Thanks,

George

Upcoming meetings

Joel Halpern
 

I will likely miss both of the next two meetings.  I will try to make them, but time difference and conflicting meetings will make it problematic.  Unfortunately, ther eis no Ericsson person to serve as my proxy.

 

Yours,

Joel