Date   
UDPI Project

Vanessa Valderrama
 

The UDPI project creation is complete.

Thank you,
Vanessa

Re: [csit-dev] FD.io Jenkins Maintenance: 2019-08-29 @ 1700 UTC and 2019-08-30 @ 1700 UTC

Maciek Konstantynowicz (mkonstan)
 

Thank you Vanessa for this good news!
We are aiming to complete the critical part of the CSIT-1908 testing
jobs by 04-Sep, will keep you and the team posted.

Cheers,
-Maciek

On 29 Aug 2019, at 18:18, Vanessa Valderrama <vvalderrama@...> wrote:

Sandbox upgrade is complete


On 08/29/2019 10:10 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Maintenance update

Jenkins production - The upgrade is not considered critical. We'll be rescheduling to allow CSIT to finish the 19.08 release.

Jenkins sandbox - Today at 1700 UTC

Thank you,
Vanessa


On 08/26/2019 11:36 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Maintenance Reminder


On 08/22/2019 12:00 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:


What:
  • Jenkins upgrade to version 2.176.3 LTS
  • Jenkins OS updates
  • Jenkins plug-in updates

When:
Jenkins sandbox - 2019-08-29 @ 1700 UTC
Jenkins production - 2019-08-30 @ 1700 UTC

Impact:
This maintenance requires a reboot of Jenkins.  Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1600 UTC. We will terminate jobs at 1700 UTC

Why:
Jenkins version 2.176.3 LTS will contain fixes for high severity security issues present in the current version of Jenkins.





-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#3700): https://lists.fd.io/g/csit-dev/message/3700
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/32991954/675185
Group Owner: csit-dev+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/csit-dev/unsub  [mkonstan@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Re: FD.io Jenkins Maintenance: 2019-08-29 @ 1700 UTC and 2019-08-30 @ 1700 UTC

Vanessa Valderrama
 

Sandbox upgrade is complete


On 08/29/2019 10:10 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Maintenance update

Jenkins production - The upgrade is not considered critical. We'll be rescheduling to allow CSIT to finish the 19.08 release.

Jenkins sandbox - Today at 1700 UTC

Thank you,
Vanessa


On 08/26/2019 11:36 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Maintenance Reminder


On 08/22/2019 12:00 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

What:
  • Jenkins upgrade to version 2.176.3 LTS
  • Jenkins OS updates
  • Jenkins plug-in updates

When:
Jenkins sandbox - 2019-08-29 @ 1700 UTC
Jenkins production - 2019-08-30 @ 1700 UTC

Impact:
This maintenance requires a reboot of Jenkins.  Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1600 UTC. We will terminate jobs at 1700 UTC

Why:
Jenkins version 2.176.3 LTS will contain fixes for high severity security issues present in the current version of Jenkins.





Re: FD.io Jenkins Maintenance: 2019-08-29 @ 1700 UTC and 2019-08-30 @ 1700 UTC

Vanessa Valderrama
 

Maintenance update

Jenkins production - The upgrade is not considered critical. We'll be rescheduling to allow CSIT to finish the 19.08 release.

Jenkins sandbox - Today at 1700 UTC

Thank you,
Vanessa


On 08/26/2019 11:36 AM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

Maintenance Reminder


On 08/22/2019 12:00 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

What:
  • Jenkins upgrade to version 2.176.3 LTS
  • Jenkins OS updates
  • Jenkins plug-in updates

When:
Jenkins sandbox - 2019-08-29 @ 1700 UTC
Jenkins production - 2019-08-30 @ 1700 UTC

Impact:
This maintenance requires a reboot of Jenkins.  Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1600 UTC. We will terminate jobs at 1700 UTC

Why:
Jenkins version 2.176.3 LTS will contain fixes for high severity security issues present in the current version of Jenkins.




Re: FD.io Nexus Outage

Vanessa Valderrama
 

The issue appears to be hardware related at our cloud provider, we are
working with them to come up with a solution. In the mean time, service
appears to be tentatively restored and we are monitoring the situation

On 08/28/2019 02:16 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:
We're investigating an issue causing instability with cloud disks. I'll
send updates as they are available or you can check the status at
https://status.linuxfoundation.org/incidents/3f31vqs63095?utm_source=slack

Thank you,
Vanessa

On 08/28/2019 02:14 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:
We are currently experiencing issues with Nexus. We're investigating the
issue and will have it resolved as quickly as possible.

Thank you,
Vanessa

Re: FD.io Nexus Outage

Vanessa Valderrama
 

We're investigating an issue causing instability with cloud disks. I'll
send updates as they are available or you can check the status at
https://status.linuxfoundation.org/incidents/3f31vqs63095?utm_source=slack

Thank you,
Vanessa

On 08/28/2019 02:14 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:
We are currently experiencing issues with Nexus. We're investigating the
issue and will have it resolved as quickly as possible.

Thank you,
Vanessa

FD.io Nexus Outage

Vanessa Valderrama
 

We are currently experiencing issues with Nexus. We're investigating the
issue and will have it resolved as quickly as possible.

Thank you,
Vanessa

Re: Date for UDPI Project Proposal Review?

Ni, Hongjun
 

Thank you Ed!

 

From: Ed Warnicke [mailto:hagbard@...]
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2019 11:23 AM
To: Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>
Cc: tsc@...
Subject: Re: Date for UDPI Project Proposal Review?

 

It is :)

 

Ed

 

On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 12:19 PM Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...> wrote:

Hi Ed and TSC members,

 

Just want to know that is the date for UDPI project review scheduled on August 29?

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: vpp-dev@... [mailto:vpp-dev@...] On Behalf Of Ni, Hongjun
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2019 10:03 AM
To: Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>; Edward Warnicke <hagbard@...>
Cc: tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Xiang W <xiang.w.wang@...>; Hong, Yang A <yang.a.hong@...>; Chang, Harry <harry.chang@...>; gu.jian1@...; Shan Jianghua <shanjiangh@...>; Zhang Yang <zhangy.yun@...>; Li Xingfu <lixingfu@...>; Wu Shuai <wushuai@...>; Xia Yuying <yuyingxia@...>; Fan Chenggang <fanchenggang@...>; Gao Feng <davidfgao@...>; Liu Zhong <liuzhong1@...>; Zhao Yong <zhaoyong11@...>; Chen Haiquan <oc@...>; pengjie.lpj@...; zhangzhao.zz@...; zhangpeng.xzp@...
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for uDPI

 

 

Welcome Alibaba join UDPI as a founder, and Pengjie Li, Zhao Zhang, Zhangpeng Xie as initial committers.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: vpp-dev@... [mailto:vpp-dev@...] On Behalf Of Ni, Hongjun
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2019 8:10 AM
To: Ni, Hongjun <
hongjun.ni@...>; Edward Warnicke <hagbard@...>
Cc:
tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Xiang W <xiang.w.wang@...>; Hong, Yang A <yang.a.hong@...>; Chang, Harry <harry.chang@...>; gu.jian1@...; Shan Jianghua <shanjiangh@...>; Zhang Yang <zhangy.yun@...>; Li Xingfu <lixingfu@...>; Wu Shuai <wushuai@...>; Xia Yuying <yuyingxia@...>; Fan Chenggang <fanchenggang@...>; Gao Feng <davidfgao@...>; Liu Zhong <liuzhong1@...>; Zhao Yong <zhaoyong11@...>; Chen Haiquan <oc@...>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for uDPI

 

 

Welcome Netgate join UDPI as a founder and Jim Thompson as initial committer.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: tsc@... [mailto:tsc@...] On Behalf Of Ni, Hongjun
Sent: Saturday, August 17, 2019 4:28 AM
To: Edward Warnicke <
hagbard@...>
Cc:
tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Xiang W <xiang.w.wang@...>; Hong, Yang A <yang.a.hong@...>; Chang, Harry <harry.chang@...>; gu.jian1@...; Shan Jianghua <shanjiangh@...>; Zhang Yang <zhangy.yun@...>; Li Xingfu <lixingfu@...>; Wu Shuai <wushuai@...>; Xia Yuying <yuyingxia@...>; Fan Chenggang <fanchenggang@...>; Gao Feng <davidfgao@...>; Liu Zhong <liuzhong1@...>; Zhao Yong <zhaoyong11@...>; Chen Haiquan <oc@...>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for uDPI

 

Hi Ed,

 

The next TSC meeting on August 29 is preferable.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: vpp-dev@... [mailto:vpp-dev@...] On Behalf Of Edward Warnicke
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2019 3:13 AM
To: Ni, Hongjun <
hongjun.ni@...>
Cc:
tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Xiang W <xiang.w.wang@...>; Hong, Yang A <yang.a.hong@...>; Chang, Harry <harry.chang@...>; gu.jian1@...; Shan Jianghua <shanjiangh@...>; Zhang Yang <zhangy.yun@...>; Li Xingfu <lixingfu@...>; Wu Shuai <wushuai@...>; Xia Yuying <yuyingxia@...>; Fan Chenggang <fanchenggang@...>; Gao Feng <davidfgao@...>; Liu Zhong <liuzhong1@...>; Zhao Yong <zhaoyong11@...>; Chen Haiquan <oc@...>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for uDPI

 

Do you have a preference as to dates?

 

Ed

 

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 7:44 PM Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...> wrote:

Hi Ed,

 

Thank you for scheduling the proposal review. 

 

I think a TSC meeting after Aug 21 is better, to follow the FD.io TSC policy.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: Ed Warnicke [mailto:hagbard@...]
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 5:09 AM
To: Ni, Hongjun <
hongjun.ni@...>
Cc:
tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Xiang W <xiang.w.wang@...>; Hong, Yang A <yang.a.hong@...>; Chang, Harry <harry.chang@...>; gu.jian1@...; Shan Jianghua <shanjiangh@...>; Zhang Yang <zhangy.yun@...>; Li Xingfu <lixingfu@...>; Wu Shuai <wushuai@...>; Xia Yuying <yuyingxia@...>; Fan Chenggang <fanchenggang@...>; Gao Feng <davidfgao@...>; Liu Zhong <liuzhong1@...>; Zhao Yong <zhaoyong11@...>; Chen Haiquan <oc@...>
Subject: Re: [tsc] Project Proposal for uDPI

 

Hongjun,

 

You guys are eligible for project creation review starting at the Aug 21 TSC meeting I believe (based on sending the notification to the TSC on Aug 8) ... when would you like to schedule for that Thu's TSC meeting, or a subsequent one?

 

Ed

 

On Thu, Aug 8, 2019 at 8:11 PM Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...> wrote:

Hello FD.io TSCs

 

Please accept this project proposal for uDPI for consideration.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/uDPI

 

So far, this project has 11 founders and 15 initial committers from

Intel, ZTE, China Telecom, HuachenTel, Inspur, Yxlink, Sunyainfo, Tencent, China Unicom, Huawei, QingCloud.

 

If possible, I would like to present this on TSC meeting.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#1070): https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/message/1070
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/32805806/464962
Group Owner: tsc+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/unsub  [hagbard@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#1077): https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/message/1077
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/32805806/464962
Group Owner: tsc+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/unsub  [hagbard@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Re: Date for UDPI Project Proposal Review?

Edward Warnicke
 

It is :)

Ed

On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 12:19 PM Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...> wrote:

Hi Ed and TSC members,

 

Just want to know that is the date for UDPI project review scheduled on August 29?

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: vpp-dev@... [mailto:vpp-dev@...] On Behalf Of Ni, Hongjun
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2019 10:03 AM
To: Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>; Edward Warnicke <hagbard@...>
Cc: tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Xiang W <xiang.w.wang@...>; Hong, Yang A <yang.a.hong@...>; Chang, Harry <harry.chang@...>; gu.jian1@...; Shan Jianghua <shanjiangh@...>; Zhang Yang <zhangy.yun@...>; Li Xingfu <lixingfu@...>; Wu Shuai <wushuai@...>; Xia Yuying <yuyingxia@...>; Fan Chenggang <fanchenggang@...>; Gao Feng <davidfgao@...>; Liu Zhong <liuzhong1@...>; Zhao Yong <zhaoyong11@...>; Chen Haiquan <oc@...>; pengjie.lpj@...; zhangzhao.zz@...; zhangpeng.xzp@...
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for uDPI

 

 

Welcome Alibaba join UDPI as a founder, and Pengjie Li, Zhao Zhang, Zhangpeng Xie as initial committers.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: vpp-dev@... [mailto:vpp-dev@...] On Behalf Of Ni, Hongjun
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2019 8:10 AM
To: Ni, Hongjun <
hongjun.ni@...>; Edward Warnicke <hagbard@...>
Cc:
tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Xiang W <xiang.w.wang@...>; Hong, Yang A <yang.a.hong@...>; Chang, Harry <harry.chang@...>; gu.jian1@...; Shan Jianghua <shanjiangh@...>; Zhang Yang <zhangy.yun@...>; Li Xingfu <lixingfu@...>; Wu Shuai <wushuai@...>; Xia Yuying <yuyingxia@...>; Fan Chenggang <fanchenggang@...>; Gao Feng <davidfgao@...>; Liu Zhong <liuzhong1@...>; Zhao Yong <zhaoyong11@...>; Chen Haiquan <oc@...>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for uDPI

 

 

Welcome Netgate join UDPI as a founder and Jim Thompson as initial committer.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: tsc@... [mailto:tsc@...] On Behalf Of Ni, Hongjun
Sent: Saturday, August 17, 2019 4:28 AM
To: Edward Warnicke <
hagbard@...>
Cc:
tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Xiang W <xiang.w.wang@...>; Hong, Yang A <yang.a.hong@...>; Chang, Harry <harry.chang@...>; gu.jian1@...; Shan Jianghua <shanjiangh@...>; Zhang Yang <zhangy.yun@...>; Li Xingfu <lixingfu@...>; Wu Shuai <wushuai@...>; Xia Yuying <yuyingxia@...>; Fan Chenggang <fanchenggang@...>; Gao Feng <davidfgao@...>; Liu Zhong <liuzhong1@...>; Zhao Yong <zhaoyong11@...>; Chen Haiquan <oc@...>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for uDPI

 

Hi Ed,

 

The next TSC meeting on August 29 is preferable.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: vpp-dev@... [mailto:vpp-dev@...] On Behalf Of Edward Warnicke
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2019 3:13 AM
To: Ni, Hongjun <
hongjun.ni@...>
Cc:
tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Xiang W <xiang.w.wang@...>; Hong, Yang A <yang.a.hong@...>; Chang, Harry <harry.chang@...>; gu.jian1@...; Shan Jianghua <shanjiangh@...>; Zhang Yang <zhangy.yun@...>; Li Xingfu <lixingfu@...>; Wu Shuai <wushuai@...>; Xia Yuying <yuyingxia@...>; Fan Chenggang <fanchenggang@...>; Gao Feng <davidfgao@...>; Liu Zhong <liuzhong1@...>; Zhao Yong <zhaoyong11@...>; Chen Haiquan <oc@...>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for uDPI

 

Do you have a preference as to dates?

 

Ed

 

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 7:44 PM Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...> wrote:

Hi Ed,

 

Thank you for scheduling the proposal review. 

 

I think a TSC meeting after Aug 21 is better, to follow the FD.io TSC policy.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: Ed Warnicke [mailto:hagbard@...]
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 5:09 AM
To: Ni, Hongjun <
hongjun.ni@...>
Cc:
tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Xiang W <xiang.w.wang@...>; Hong, Yang A <yang.a.hong@...>; Chang, Harry <harry.chang@...>; gu.jian1@...; Shan Jianghua <shanjiangh@...>; Zhang Yang <zhangy.yun@...>; Li Xingfu <lixingfu@...>; Wu Shuai <wushuai@...>; Xia Yuying <yuyingxia@...>; Fan Chenggang <fanchenggang@...>; Gao Feng <davidfgao@...>; Liu Zhong <liuzhong1@...>; Zhao Yong <zhaoyong11@...>; Chen Haiquan <oc@...>
Subject: Re: [tsc] Project Proposal for uDPI

 

Hongjun,

 

You guys are eligible for project creation review starting at the Aug 21 TSC meeting I believe (based on sending the notification to the TSC on Aug 8) ... when would you like to schedule for that Thu's TSC meeting, or a subsequent one?

 

Ed

 

On Thu, Aug 8, 2019 at 8:11 PM Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...> wrote:

Hello FD.io TSCs

 

Please accept this project proposal for uDPI for consideration.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/uDPI

 

So far, this project has 11 founders and 15 initial committers from

Intel, ZTE, China Telecom, HuachenTel, Inspur, Yxlink, Sunyainfo, Tencent, China Unicom, Huawei, QingCloud.

 

If possible, I would like to present this on TSC meeting.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#1070): https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/message/1070
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/32805806/464962
Group Owner: tsc+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/unsub  [hagbard@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#1077): https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/message/1077
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/32805806/464962
Group Owner: tsc+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/unsub  [hagbard@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Date for UDPI Project Proposal Review?

Ni, Hongjun
 

Hi Ed and TSC members,

 

Just want to know that is the date for UDPI project review scheduled on August 29?

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: vpp-dev@... [mailto:vpp-dev@...] On Behalf Of Ni, Hongjun
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2019 10:03 AM
To: Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>; Edward Warnicke <hagbard@...>
Cc: tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Xiang W <xiang.w.wang@...>; Hong, Yang A <yang.a.hong@...>; Chang, Harry <harry.chang@...>; gu.jian1@...; Shan Jianghua <shanjiangh@...>; Zhang Yang <zhangy.yun@...>; Li Xingfu <lixingfu@...>; Wu Shuai <wushuai@...>; Xia Yuying <yuyingxia@...>; Fan Chenggang <fanchenggang@...>; Gao Feng <davidfgao@...>; Liu Zhong <liuzhong1@...>; Zhao Yong <zhaoyong11@...>; Chen Haiquan <oc@...>; pengjie.lpj@...; zhangzhao.zz@...; zhangpeng.xzp@...
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for uDPI

 

 

Welcome Alibaba join UDPI as a founder, and Pengjie Li, Zhao Zhang, Zhangpeng Xie as initial committers.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: vpp-dev@... [mailto:vpp-dev@...] On Behalf Of Ni, Hongjun
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2019 8:10 AM
To: Ni, Hongjun <
hongjun.ni@...>; Edward Warnicke <hagbard@...>
Cc:
tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Xiang W <xiang.w.wang@...>; Hong, Yang A <yang.a.hong@...>; Chang, Harry <harry.chang@...>; gu.jian1@...; Shan Jianghua <shanjiangh@...>; Zhang Yang <zhangy.yun@...>; Li Xingfu <lixingfu@...>; Wu Shuai <wushuai@...>; Xia Yuying <yuyingxia@...>; Fan Chenggang <fanchenggang@...>; Gao Feng <davidfgao@...>; Liu Zhong <liuzhong1@...>; Zhao Yong <zhaoyong11@...>; Chen Haiquan <oc@...>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for uDPI

 

 

Welcome Netgate join UDPI as a founder and Jim Thompson as initial committer.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: tsc@... [mailto:tsc@...] On Behalf Of Ni, Hongjun
Sent: Saturday, August 17, 2019 4:28 AM
To: Edward Warnicke <
hagbard@...>
Cc:
tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Xiang W <xiang.w.wang@...>; Hong, Yang A <yang.a.hong@...>; Chang, Harry <harry.chang@...>; gu.jian1@...; Shan Jianghua <shanjiangh@...>; Zhang Yang <zhangy.yun@...>; Li Xingfu <lixingfu@...>; Wu Shuai <wushuai@...>; Xia Yuying <yuyingxia@...>; Fan Chenggang <fanchenggang@...>; Gao Feng <davidfgao@...>; Liu Zhong <liuzhong1@...>; Zhao Yong <zhaoyong11@...>; Chen Haiquan <oc@...>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for uDPI

 

Hi Ed,

 

The next TSC meeting on August 29 is preferable.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: vpp-dev@... [mailto:vpp-dev@...] On Behalf Of Edward Warnicke
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2019 3:13 AM
To: Ni, Hongjun <
hongjun.ni@...>
Cc:
tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Xiang W <xiang.w.wang@...>; Hong, Yang A <yang.a.hong@...>; Chang, Harry <harry.chang@...>; gu.jian1@...; Shan Jianghua <shanjiangh@...>; Zhang Yang <zhangy.yun@...>; Li Xingfu <lixingfu@...>; Wu Shuai <wushuai@...>; Xia Yuying <yuyingxia@...>; Fan Chenggang <fanchenggang@...>; Gao Feng <davidfgao@...>; Liu Zhong <liuzhong1@...>; Zhao Yong <zhaoyong11@...>; Chen Haiquan <oc@...>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for uDPI

 

Do you have a preference as to dates?

 

Ed

 

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 7:44 PM Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...> wrote:

Hi Ed,

 

Thank you for scheduling the proposal review. 

 

I think a TSC meeting after Aug 21 is better, to follow the FD.io TSC policy.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: Ed Warnicke [mailto:hagbard@...]
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 5:09 AM
To: Ni, Hongjun <
hongjun.ni@...>
Cc:
tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Xiang W <xiang.w.wang@...>; Hong, Yang A <yang.a.hong@...>; Chang, Harry <harry.chang@...>; gu.jian1@...; Shan Jianghua <shanjiangh@...>; Zhang Yang <zhangy.yun@...>; Li Xingfu <lixingfu@...>; Wu Shuai <wushuai@...>; Xia Yuying <yuyingxia@...>; Fan Chenggang <fanchenggang@...>; Gao Feng <davidfgao@...>; Liu Zhong <liuzhong1@...>; Zhao Yong <zhaoyong11@...>; Chen Haiquan <oc@...>
Subject: Re: [tsc] Project Proposal for uDPI

 

Hongjun,

 

You guys are eligible for project creation review starting at the Aug 21 TSC meeting I believe (based on sending the notification to the TSC on Aug 8) ... when would you like to schedule for that Thu's TSC meeting, or a subsequent one?

 

Ed

 

On Thu, Aug 8, 2019 at 8:11 PM Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...> wrote:

Hello FD.io TSCs

 

Please accept this project proposal for uDPI for consideration.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/uDPI

 

So far, this project has 11 founders and 15 initial committers from

Intel, ZTE, China Telecom, HuachenTel, Inspur, Yxlink, Sunyainfo, Tencent, China Unicom, Huawei, QingCloud.

 

If possible, I would like to present this on TSC meeting.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#1070): https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/message/1070
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/32805806/464962
Group Owner: tsc+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/unsub  [hagbard@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#1077): https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/message/1077
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/32805806/464962
Group Owner: tsc+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/unsub  [hagbard@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for uDPI

Ni, Hongjun
 

 

Welcome Alibaba join UDPI as a founder, and Pengjie Li, Zhao Zhang, Zhangpeng Xie as initial committers.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: vpp-dev@... [mailto:vpp-dev@...] On Behalf Of Ni, Hongjun
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2019 8:10 AM
To: Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>; Edward Warnicke <hagbard@...>
Cc: tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Xiang W <xiang.w.wang@...>; Hong, Yang A <yang.a.hong@...>; Chang, Harry <harry.chang@...>; gu.jian1@...; Shan Jianghua <shanjiangh@...>; Zhang Yang <zhangy.yun@...>; Li Xingfu <lixingfu@...>; Wu Shuai <wushuai@...>; Xia Yuying <yuyingxia@...>; Fan Chenggang <fanchenggang@...>; Gao Feng <davidfgao@...>; Liu Zhong <liuzhong1@...>; Zhao Yong <zhaoyong11@...>; Chen Haiquan <oc@...>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for uDPI

 

 

Welcome Netgate join UDPI as a founder and Jim Thompson as initial committer.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: tsc@... [mailto:tsc@...] On Behalf Of Ni, Hongjun
Sent: Saturday, August 17, 2019 4:28 AM
To: Edward Warnicke <hagbard@...>
Cc: tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Xiang W <xiang.w.wang@...>; Hong, Yang A <yang.a.hong@...>; Chang, Harry <harry.chang@...>; gu.jian1@...; Shan Jianghua <shanjiangh@...>; Zhang Yang <zhangy.yun@...>; Li Xingfu <lixingfu@...>; Wu Shuai <wushuai@...>; Xia Yuying <yuyingxia@...>; Fan Chenggang <fanchenggang@...>; Gao Feng <davidfgao@...>; Liu Zhong <liuzhong1@...>; Zhao Yong <zhaoyong11@...>; Chen Haiquan <oc@...>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for uDPI

 

Hi Ed,

 

The next TSC meeting on August 29 is preferable.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: vpp-dev@... [mailto:vpp-dev@...] On Behalf Of Edward Warnicke
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2019 3:13 AM
To: Ni, Hongjun <
hongjun.ni@...>
Cc:
tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Xiang W <xiang.w.wang@...>; Hong, Yang A <yang.a.hong@...>; Chang, Harry <harry.chang@...>; gu.jian1@...; Shan Jianghua <shanjiangh@...>; Zhang Yang <zhangy.yun@...>; Li Xingfu <lixingfu@...>; Wu Shuai <wushuai@...>; Xia Yuying <yuyingxia@...>; Fan Chenggang <fanchenggang@...>; Gao Feng <davidfgao@...>; Liu Zhong <liuzhong1@...>; Zhao Yong <zhaoyong11@...>; Chen Haiquan <oc@...>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for uDPI

 

Do you have a preference as to dates?

 

Ed

 

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 7:44 PM Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...> wrote:

Hi Ed,

 

Thank you for scheduling the proposal review. 

 

I think a TSC meeting after Aug 21 is better, to follow the FD.io TSC policy.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: Ed Warnicke [mailto:hagbard@...]
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 5:09 AM
To: Ni, Hongjun <
hongjun.ni@...>
Cc:
tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Xiang W <xiang.w.wang@...>; Hong, Yang A <yang.a.hong@...>; Chang, Harry <harry.chang@...>; gu.jian1@...; Shan Jianghua <shanjiangh@...>; Zhang Yang <zhangy.yun@...>; Li Xingfu <lixingfu@...>; Wu Shuai <wushuai@...>; Xia Yuying <yuyingxia@...>; Fan Chenggang <fanchenggang@...>; Gao Feng <davidfgao@...>; Liu Zhong <liuzhong1@...>; Zhao Yong <zhaoyong11@...>; Chen Haiquan <oc@...>
Subject: Re: [tsc] Project Proposal for uDPI

 

Hongjun,

 

You guys are eligible for project creation review starting at the Aug 21 TSC meeting I believe (based on sending the notification to the TSC on Aug 8) ... when would you like to schedule for that Thu's TSC meeting, or a subsequent one?

 

Ed

 

On Thu, Aug 8, 2019 at 8:11 PM Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...> wrote:

Hello FD.io TSCs

 

Please accept this project proposal for uDPI for consideration.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/uDPI

 

So far, this project has 11 founders and 15 initial committers from

Intel, ZTE, China Telecom, HuachenTel, Inspur, Yxlink, Sunyainfo, Tencent, China Unicom, Huawei, QingCloud.

 

If possible, I would like to present this on TSC meeting.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#1070): https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/message/1070
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/32805806/464962
Group Owner: tsc+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/unsub  [hagbard@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#1077): https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/message/1077
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/32805806/464962
Group Owner: tsc+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/unsub  [hagbard@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Re: FD.io Jenkins Maintenance: 2019-08-29 @ 1700 UTC and 2019-08-30 @ 1700 UTC

Vanessa Valderrama
 

Maintenance Reminder


On 08/22/2019 12:00 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

What:
  • Jenkins upgrade to version 2.176.3 LTS
  • Jenkins OS updates
  • Jenkins plug-in updates

When:
Jenkins sandbox - 2019-08-29 @ 1700 UTC
Jenkins production - 2019-08-30 @ 1700 UTC

Impact:
This maintenance requires a reboot of Jenkins.  Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1600 UTC. We will terminate jobs at 1700 UTC

Why:
Jenkins version 2.176.3 LTS will contain fixes for high severity security issues present in the current version of Jenkins.



Re: FD.io Jenkins Maintenance: 2019-08-29 @ 1700 UTC and 2019-08-30 @ 1700 UTC

Vanessa Valderrama
 

Correction

When:
Jenkins sandbox - 2019-08-29 @ 1700 UTC
Jenkins production - 2019-08-30 @ 1700 UTC


On 08/22/2019 12:00 PM, Vanessa Valderrama wrote:

What:
  • Jenkins upgrade to version 2.176.3 LTS
  • Jenkins OS updates
  • Jenkins plug-in updates

When:
Jenkins sandbox - 2019-08-29 @ 1700 UTC
Jenkins production - 2019-08-29 @ 1700 UTC

Impact:
This maintenance requires a reboot of Jenkins.  Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1600 UTC. We will terminate jobs at 1700 UTC

Why:
Jenkins version 2.176.3 LTS will contain fixes for high severity security issues present in the current version of Jenkins.



FD.io Jenkins Maintenance: 2019-08-29 @ 1700 UTC and 2019-08-30 @ 1700 UTC

Vanessa Valderrama
 

What:
  • Jenkins upgrade to version 2.176.3 LTS
  • Jenkins OS updates
  • Jenkins plug-in updates

When:
Jenkins sandbox - 2019-08-29 @ 1700 UTC
Jenkins production - 2019-08-29 @ 1700 UTC

Impact:
This maintenance requires a reboot of Jenkins.  Jenkins will be placed in shutdown mode at 1600 UTC. We will terminate jobs at 1700 UTC

Why:
Jenkins version 2.176.3 LTS will contain fixes for high severity security issues present in the current version of Jenkins.


Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for uDPI

Ni, Hongjun
 

 

Welcome Netgate join UDPI as a founder and Jim Thompson as initial committer.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: tsc@... [mailto:tsc@...] On Behalf Of Ni, Hongjun
Sent: Saturday, August 17, 2019 4:28 AM
To: Edward Warnicke <hagbard@...>
Cc: tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Xiang W <xiang.w.wang@...>; Hong, Yang A <yang.a.hong@...>; Chang, Harry <harry.chang@...>; gu.jian1@...; Shan Jianghua <shanjiangh@...>; Zhang Yang <zhangy.yun@...>; Li Xingfu <lixingfu@...>; Wu Shuai <wushuai@...>; Xia Yuying <yuyingxia@...>; Fan Chenggang <fanchenggang@...>; Gao Feng <davidfgao@...>; Liu Zhong <liuzhong1@...>; Zhao Yong <zhaoyong11@...>; Chen Haiquan <oc@...>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for uDPI

 

Hi Ed,

 

The next TSC meeting on August 29 is preferable.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: vpp-dev@... [mailto:vpp-dev@...] On Behalf Of Edward Warnicke
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2019 3:13 AM
To: Ni, Hongjun <
hongjun.ni@...>
Cc:
tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Xiang W <xiang.w.wang@...>; Hong, Yang A <yang.a.hong@...>; Chang, Harry <harry.chang@...>; gu.jian1@...; Shan Jianghua <shanjiangh@...>; Zhang Yang <zhangy.yun@...>; Li Xingfu <lixingfu@...>; Wu Shuai <wushuai@...>; Xia Yuying <yuyingxia@...>; Fan Chenggang <fanchenggang@...>; Gao Feng <davidfgao@...>; Liu Zhong <liuzhong1@...>; Zhao Yong <zhaoyong11@...>; Chen Haiquan <oc@...>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for uDPI

 

Do you have a preference as to dates?

 

Ed

 

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 7:44 PM Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...> wrote:

Hi Ed,

 

Thank you for scheduling the proposal review. 

 

I think a TSC meeting after Aug 21 is better, to follow the FD.io TSC policy.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: Ed Warnicke [mailto:hagbard@...]
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 5:09 AM
To: Ni, Hongjun <
hongjun.ni@...>
Cc:
tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Xiang W <xiang.w.wang@...>; Hong, Yang A <yang.a.hong@...>; Chang, Harry <harry.chang@...>; gu.jian1@...; Shan Jianghua <shanjiangh@...>; Zhang Yang <zhangy.yun@...>; Li Xingfu <lixingfu@...>; Wu Shuai <wushuai@...>; Xia Yuying <yuyingxia@...>; Fan Chenggang <fanchenggang@...>; Gao Feng <davidfgao@...>; Liu Zhong <liuzhong1@...>; Zhao Yong <zhaoyong11@...>; Chen Haiquan <oc@...>
Subject: Re: [tsc] Project Proposal for uDPI

 

Hongjun,

 

You guys are eligible for project creation review starting at the Aug 21 TSC meeting I believe (based on sending the notification to the TSC on Aug 8) ... when would you like to schedule for that Thu's TSC meeting, or a subsequent one?

 

Ed

 

On Thu, Aug 8, 2019 at 8:11 PM Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...> wrote:

Hello FD.io TSCs

 

Please accept this project proposal for uDPI for consideration.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/uDPI

 

So far, this project has 11 founders and 15 initial committers from

Intel, ZTE, China Telecom, HuachenTel, Inspur, Yxlink, Sunyainfo, Tencent, China Unicom, Huawei, QingCloud.

 

If possible, I would like to present this on TSC meeting.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#1070): https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/message/1070
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/32805806/464962
Group Owner: tsc+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/unsub  [hagbard@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#1077): https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/message/1077
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/32805806/464962
Group Owner: tsc+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/unsub  [hagbard@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Re: [vpp-dev] Project Proposal for uDPI

Ni, Hongjun
 

Thanks Xingfu, Vrako, Christian for your helpful comments!

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: Vratko Polak -X (vrpolak - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco) [mailto:vrpolak@...]
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2019 9:03 AM
To:
李幸福(Xingfu Li) <lixingfu@...>; Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>; Alexey <devel-net-ne-vlezay80@...>; tsc@...
Cc: vpp-dev@...; Wang, Xiang W <xiang.w.wang@...>; Hong, Yang A <yang.a.hong@...>; Chang, Harry <harry.chang@...>; gu.jian1@...; Shan Jianghua <shanjiangh@...>; Zhang Yang <zhangy.yun@...>; Wu Shuai <wushuai@...>; Xia Yuying <yuyingxia@...>; Fan Chenggang <fanchenggang@...>; ?? <davidfgao@...>, "Liu Zhong" <liuzhong1@...>, "Zhao Yong" <zhaoyong11@...>, "Chen Haiquan" <oc@...> <davidfgao@...>
Subject: Re: Re: [tsc] [vpp-dev] Project Proposal for uDPI

 

> UDPI will be easily misunderstood as UDP+I.

> uniDPI is ok?

 

+1 to uniDPI.

 

Vratko.

 


From: 李幸福(Xingfu Li) <lixingfu@...>
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 12:45
To: Vratko Polak -X (vrpolak - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco); Ni, Hongjun; Alexey; tsc@...
Cc: vpp-dev@...; Wang, Xiang W; Hong, Yang A; Chang, Harry; gu.jian1@...; Shan Jianghua; Zhang Yang; Wu Shuai; Xia Yuying; Fan Chenggang; ?? <davidfgao@...>, "Liu Zhong" <liuzhong1@...>, "Zhao Yong" <zhaoyong11@...>, "Chen Haiquan" <oc@...>
Subject: Re: Re: [tsc] [vpp-dev] Project Proposal for uDPI

 

uniDPI is ok? 

UDPI will be easily misunderstood as UDP+I.

 


李幸福/Xingfu Li

山东华辰泰尔信息科技股份有限公司/Shandong Huachentel Information Technology Co., Ltd.

山东省济南市高新区舜泰广场8号楼西区17 250101/West of F17, Building 8 of Shuntai Square, High-tech Zone, Jinan, China 250101

电话/Tel86-531-62325307 86-531-88877658-8019
网址/Webwww.huachentel.com

 

>> uDPI

>
microDPI

 

Universal Deep Packet Inspection is the new project here.

Would it make sense to use UDPI as its abbreviation

(e.g. capital U, to distinguish from "micro")?

 

Vratko.

 


From: tsc@... <tsc@...> on behalf of Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 03:47
To: Ni, Hongjun; Alexey; tsc@...
Cc: vpp-dev@...; Wang, Xiang W; Hong, Yang A; Chang, Harry; gu.jian1@...; Shan Jianghua; Zhang Yang; Li Xingfu; Wu Shuai; Xia Yuying; Fan Chenggang; Gao Feng; Liu Zhong; Zhao Yong; Chen Haiquan
Subject: Re: [tsc] [vpp-dev] Project Proposal for uDPI

 

Hi Alexey and all,

 

Alexey and I had a discussion offline.

It seems that we mentioned two different projects except the same project name.

 

The project Alexey mentioned is “microDPI packet inspection for network analytics”.

It is developed based on Machine Learning and Python language, using GPL3.0 License.

Last activity for this project is 10.04.2017, which is 2 years ago. That is why Alexey said it is died.

It supports six specific protocols/applications.

 

The project we proposed here is “Universal Deep Packet Inspection”.

It is developed based on industry regex matching library, VPP, and C language, using Apache 2.0 License.

We plan to support most industry network protocols/applications.

 

Both have different scopes, features, implementations and Licenses.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: vpp-dev@... [mailto:vpp-dev@...] On Behalf Of Ni, Hongjun
Sent: Friday, August 9, 2019 10:03 PM
To: Alexey <devel-net-ne-vlezay80@...>; tsc@...
Cc: vpp-dev@...; Wang, Xiang W <xiang.w.wang@...>; Hong, Yang A <yang.a.hong@...>; Chang, Harry <harry.chang@...>; gu.jian1@...; Shan Jianghua <shanjiangh@...>; Zhang Yang <zhangy.yun@...>; Li Xingfu <lixingfu@...>; Wu Shuai <wushuai@...>; Xia Yuying <yuyingxia@...>; Fan Chenggang <fanchenggang@...>; Gao Feng <davidfgao@...>; Liu Zhong <liuzhong1@...>; Zhao Yong <zhaoyong11@...>; Chen Haiquan <oc@...>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] Project Proposal for uDPI

 

Hi Alexey,

 

Could you give some thoughts on this?

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: vpp-dev@... [mailto:vpp-dev@...] On Behalf Of Alexey
Sent: Friday, August 9, 2019 6:54 PM
To: Ni, Hongjun <
hongjun.ni@...>; tsc@...
Cc:
vpp-dev@...; Wang, Xiang W <xiang.w.wang@...>; Hong, Yang A <yang.a.hong@...>; Chang, Harry <harry.chang@...>; gu.jian1@...; Shan Jianghua <shanjiangh@...>; Zhang Yang <zhangy.yun@...>; Li Xingfu <lixingfu@...>; Wu Shuai <wushuai@...>; Xia Yuying <yuyingxia@...>; Fan Chenggang <fanchenggang@...>; Gao Feng <davidfgao@...>; Liu Zhong <liuzhong1@...>; Zhao Yong <zhaoyong11@...>; Chen Haiquan <oc@...>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] Project Proposal for uDPI

 

udpi is died

 

 

09.08.2019, 04:11, "Ni, Hongjun" <hongjun.ni@...>:

Hello FD.io TSCs

 

Please accept this project proposal for uDPI for consideration.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/uDPI

 

So far, this project has 11 founders and 15 initial committers from

Intel, ZTE, China Telecom, HuachenTel, Inspur, Yxlink, Sunyainfo, Tencent, China Unicom, Huawei, QingCloud.

 

If possible, I would like to present this on TSC meeting.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

,

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#13684): https://lists.fd.io/g/vpp-dev/message/13684
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/32805807/675634
Group Owner: vpp-dev+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/vpp-dev/unsub [devel-net-ne-vlezay80@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for uDPI

Ni, Hongjun
 

Hi Ed,

 

The next TSC meeting on August 29 is preferable.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: vpp-dev@... [mailto:vpp-dev@...] On Behalf Of Edward Warnicke
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2019 3:13 AM
To: Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>
Cc: tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Xiang W <xiang.w.wang@...>; Hong, Yang A <yang.a.hong@...>; Chang, Harry <harry.chang@...>; gu.jian1@...; Shan Jianghua <shanjiangh@...>; Zhang Yang <zhangy.yun@...>; Li Xingfu <lixingfu@...>; Wu Shuai <wushuai@...>; Xia Yuying <yuyingxia@...>; Fan Chenggang <fanchenggang@...>; Gao Feng <davidfgao@...>; Liu Zhong <liuzhong1@...>; Zhao Yong <zhaoyong11@...>; Chen Haiquan <oc@...>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] [tsc] Project Proposal for uDPI

 

Do you have a preference as to dates?

 

Ed

 

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 7:44 PM Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...> wrote:

Hi Ed,

 

Thank you for scheduling the proposal review. 

 

I think a TSC meeting after Aug 21 is better, to follow the FD.io TSC policy.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: Ed Warnicke [mailto:hagbard@...]
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 5:09 AM
To: Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>
Cc: tsc@...; vpp-dev@...; Wang, Xiang W <xiang.w.wang@...>; Hong, Yang A <yang.a.hong@...>; Chang, Harry <harry.chang@...>; gu.jian1@...; Shan Jianghua <shanjiangh@...>; Zhang Yang <zhangy.yun@...>; Li Xingfu <lixingfu@...>; Wu Shuai <wushuai@...>; Xia Yuying <yuyingxia@...>; Fan Chenggang <fanchenggang@...>; Gao Feng <davidfgao@...>; Liu Zhong <liuzhong1@...>; Zhao Yong <zhaoyong11@...>; Chen Haiquan <oc@...>
Subject: Re: [tsc] Project Proposal for uDPI

 

Hongjun,

 

You guys are eligible for project creation review starting at the Aug 21 TSC meeting I believe (based on sending the notification to the TSC on Aug 8) ... when would you like to schedule for that Thu's TSC meeting, or a subsequent one?

 

Ed

 

On Thu, Aug 8, 2019 at 8:11 PM Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...> wrote:

Hello FD.io TSCs

 

Please accept this project proposal for uDPI for consideration.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/uDPI

 

So far, this project has 11 founders and 15 initial committers from

Intel, ZTE, China Telecom, HuachenTel, Inspur, Yxlink, Sunyainfo, Tencent, China Unicom, Huawei, QingCloud.

 

If possible, I would like to present this on TSC meeting.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#1070): https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/message/1070
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/32805806/464962
Group Owner: tsc+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/unsub  [hagbard@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#1077): https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/message/1077
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/32805806/464962
Group Owner: tsc+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/tsc/unsub  [hagbard@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Re: [vpp-dev] Project Proposal for uDPI

Vratko Polak -X (vrpolak - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco)
 

> UDPI will be easily misunderstood as UDP+I.

> uniDPI is ok?


+1 to uniDPI.


Vratko.



From: 李幸福(Xingfu Li) <lixingfu@...>
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 12:45
To: Vratko Polak -X (vrpolak - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco); Ni, Hongjun; Alexey; tsc@...
Cc: vpp-dev@...; Wang, Xiang W; Hong, Yang A; Chang, Harry; gu.jian1@...; Shan Jianghua; Zhang Yang; Wu Shuai; Xia Yuying; Fan Chenggang; ?? <davidfgao@...>, "Liu Zhong" <liuzhong1@...>, "Zhao Yong" <zhaoyong11@...>, "Chen Haiquan" <oc@...>
Subject: Re: Re: [tsc] [vpp-dev] Project Proposal for uDPI
 
uniDPI is ok? 
UDPI will be easily misunderstood as UDP+I.


李幸福/Xingfu Li
山东华辰泰尔信息科技股份有限公司/Shandong Huachentel Information Technology Co., Ltd.
山东省济南市高新区舜泰广场8号楼西区17层 250101/West of F17, Building 8 of Shuntai Square, High-tech Zone, Jinan, China 250101
电话/Tel:86-531-62325307 86-531-88877658-8019
网址/Web:www.huachentel.com
 

>> uDPI

> microDPI


Universal Deep Packet Inspection is the new project here.

Would it make sense to use UDPI as its abbreviation

(e.g. capital U, to distinguish from "micro")?


Vratko.



From: tsc@... <tsc@...> on behalf of Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 03:47
To: Ni, Hongjun; Alexey; tsc@...
Cc: vpp-dev@...; Wang, Xiang W; Hong, Yang A; Chang, Harry; gu.jian1@...; Shan Jianghua; Zhang Yang; Li Xingfu; Wu Shuai; Xia Yuying; Fan Chenggang; Gao Feng; Liu Zhong; Zhao Yong; Chen Haiquan
Subject: Re: [tsc] [vpp-dev] Project Proposal for uDPI
 

Hi Alexey and all,

 

Alexey and I had a discussion offline.

It seems that we mentioned two different projects except the same project name.

 

The project Alexey mentioned is “microDPI packet inspection for network analytics”.

It is developed based on Machine Learning and Python language, using GPL3.0 License.

Last activity for this project is 10.04.2017, which is 2 years ago. That is why Alexey said it is died.

It supports six specific protocols/applications.

 

The project we proposed here is “Universal Deep Packet Inspection”.

It is developed based on industry regex matching library, VPP, and C language, using Apache 2.0 License.

We plan to support most industry network protocols/applications.

 

Both have different scopes, features, implementations and Licenses.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: vpp-dev@... [mailto:vpp-dev@...] On Behalf Of Ni, Hongjun
Sent: Friday, August 9, 2019 10:03 PM
To: Alexey <devel-net-ne-vlezay80@...>; tsc@...
Cc: vpp-dev@...; Wang, Xiang W <xiang.w.wang@...>; Hong, Yang A <yang.a.hong@...>; Chang, Harry <harry.chang@...>; gu.jian1@...; Shan Jianghua <shanjiangh@...>; Zhang Yang <zhangy.yun@...>; Li Xingfu <lixingfu@...>; Wu Shuai <wushuai@...>; Xia Yuying <yuyingxia@...>; Fan Chenggang <fanchenggang@...>; Gao Feng <davidfgao@...>; Liu Zhong <liuzhong1@...>; Zhao Yong <zhaoyong11@...>; Chen Haiquan <oc@...>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] Project Proposal for uDPI

 

Hi Alexey,

 

Could you give some thoughts on this?

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: vpp-dev@... [mailto:vpp-dev@...] On Behalf Of Alexey
Sent: Friday, August 9, 2019 6:54 PM
To: Ni, Hongjun <
hongjun.ni@...>; tsc@...
Cc:
vpp-dev@...; Wang, Xiang W <xiang.w.wang@...>; Hong, Yang A <yang.a.hong@...>; Chang, Harry <harry.chang@...>; gu.jian1@...; Shan Jianghua <shanjiangh@...>; Zhang Yang <zhangy.yun@...>; Li Xingfu <lixingfu@...>; Wu Shuai <wushuai@...>; Xia Yuying <yuyingxia@...>; Fan Chenggang <fanchenggang@...>; Gao Feng <davidfgao@...>; Liu Zhong <liuzhong1@...>; Zhao Yong <zhaoyong11@...>; Chen Haiquan <oc@...>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] Project Proposal for uDPI

 

udpi is died

 

 

09.08.2019, 04:11, "Ni, Hongjun" <hongjun.ni@...>:

Hello FD.io TSCs

 

Please accept this project proposal for uDPI for consideration.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/uDPI

 

So far, this project has 11 founders and 15 initial committers from

Intel, ZTE, China Telecom, HuachenTel, Inspur, Yxlink, Sunyainfo, Tencent, China Unicom, Huawei, QingCloud.

 

If possible, I would like to present this on TSC meeting.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

,

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#13684): https://lists.fd.io/g/vpp-dev/message/13684
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/32805807/675634
Group Owner: vpp-dev+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/vpp-dev/unsub [devel-net-ne-vlezay80@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Re: [vpp-dev] Project Proposal for uDPI

Christian Hopps <chopps@...>
 

On Aug 13, 2019, at 6:34 AM, Vratko Polak -X (vrpolak - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco) via Lists.Fd.Io <vrpolak=cisco.com@...> wrote:

uDPI
microDPI
Universal Deep Packet Inspection is the new project here.
Would it make sense to use UDPI as its abbreviation
(e.g. capital U, to distinguish from "micro")?
I certainly think this makes sense, as "u" (as you point out) is very commonly used as an ASCII representation for for the Greek letter "mu" (µ) which is used to indicate "micro" as a prefix, whereas "U" just looks like it stands for another word in an acronym (which it does in this case :)

Thanks,
Chris.


Vratko.

Re: [vpp-dev] Project Proposal for uDPI

李幸福(Xingfu Li) <lixingfu@...>
 

uniDPI is ok? 
UDPI will be easily misunderstood as UDP+I.


李幸福/Xingfu Li
山东华辰泰尔信息科技股份有限公司/Shandong Huachentel Information Technology Co., Ltd.
山东省济南市高新区舜泰广场8号楼西区17层 250101/West of F17, Building 8 of Shuntai Square, High-tech Zone, Jinan, China 250101
电话/Tel:86-531-62325307 86-531-88877658-8019
网址/Web:www.huachentel.com

 

>> uDPI

> microDPI


Universal Deep Packet Inspection is the new project here.

Would it make sense to use UDPI as its abbreviation

(e.g. capital U, to distinguish from "micro")?


Vratko.



From: tsc@... <tsc@...> on behalf of Ni, Hongjun <hongjun.ni@...>
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 03:47
To: Ni, Hongjun; Alexey; tsc@...
Cc: vpp-dev@...; Wang, Xiang W; Hong, Yang A; Chang, Harry; gu.jian1@...; Shan Jianghua; Zhang Yang; Li Xingfu; Wu Shuai; Xia Yuying; Fan Chenggang; Gao Feng; Liu Zhong; Zhao Yong; Chen Haiquan
Subject: Re: [tsc] [vpp-dev] Project Proposal for uDPI
 

Hi Alexey and all,

 

Alexey and I had a discussion offline.

It seems that we mentioned two different projects except the same project name.

 

The project Alexey mentioned is “microDPI packet inspection for network analytics”.

It is developed based on Machine Learning and Python language, using GPL3.0 License.

Last activity for this project is 10.04.2017, which is 2 years ago. That is why Alexey said it is died.

It supports six specific protocols/applications.

 

The project we proposed here is “Universal Deep Packet Inspection”.

It is developed based on industry regex matching library, VPP, and C language, using Apache 2.0 License.

We plan to support most industry network protocols/applications.

 

Both have different scopes, features, implementations and Licenses.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: vpp-dev@... [mailto:vpp-dev@...] On Behalf Of Ni, Hongjun
Sent: Friday, August 9, 2019 10:03 PM
To: Alexey <devel-net-ne-vlezay80@...>; tsc@...
Cc: vpp-dev@...; Wang, Xiang W <xiang.w.wang@...>; Hong, Yang A <yang.a.hong@...>; Chang, Harry <harry.chang@...>; gu.jian1@...; Shan Jianghua <shanjiangh@...>; Zhang Yang <zhangy.yun@...>; Li Xingfu <lixingfu@...>; Wu Shuai <wushuai@...>; Xia Yuying <yuyingxia@...>; Fan Chenggang <fanchenggang@...>; Gao Feng <davidfgao@...>; Liu Zhong <liuzhong1@...>; Zhao Yong <zhaoyong11@...>; Chen Haiquan <oc@...>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] Project Proposal for uDPI

 

Hi Alexey,

 

Could you give some thoughts on this?

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

 

From: vpp-dev@... [mailto:vpp-dev@...] On Behalf Of Alexey
Sent: Friday, August 9, 2019 6:54 PM
To: Ni, Hongjun <
hongjun.ni@...>; tsc@...
Cc:
vpp-dev@...; Wang, Xiang W <xiang.w.wang@...>; Hong, Yang A <yang.a.hong@...>; Chang, Harry <harry.chang@...>; gu.jian1@...; Shan Jianghua <shanjiangh@...>; Zhang Yang <zhangy.yun@...>; Li Xingfu <lixingfu@...>; Wu Shuai <wushuai@...>; Xia Yuying <yuyingxia@...>; Fan Chenggang <fanchenggang@...>; Gao Feng <davidfgao@...>; Liu Zhong <liuzhong1@...>; Zhao Yong <zhaoyong11@...>; Chen Haiquan <oc@...>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] Project Proposal for uDPI

 

udpi is died

 

 

09.08.2019, 04:11, "Ni, Hongjun" <hongjun.ni@...>:

Hello FD.io TSCs

 

Please accept this project proposal for uDPI for consideration.

https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/uDPI

 

So far, this project has 11 founders and 15 initial committers from

Intel, ZTE, China Telecom, HuachenTel, Inspur, Yxlink, Sunyainfo, Tencent, China Unicom, Huawei, QingCloud.

 

If possible, I would like to present this on TSC meeting.

 

Thanks,

Hongjun

,

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#13684): https://lists.fd.io/g/vpp-dev/message/13684
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/32805807/675634
Group Owner: vpp-dev+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/vpp-dev/unsub [devel-net-ne-vlezay80@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-